Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-22-2013   #1
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2290 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected
Arrow Very Fitting Peyton set NFL TD Record vs the Team that SHUNNED HIM

While the QB that the Texans chose over one of the greatest if not greatest of all time, has his typical check down interception game. Sad part is Peyton could have saved Kubiak's job and staved off a rebuilding process.

This franchise deserves everything that has happened to them. The loyal fan base whose sold out almost every game in existence gets nothing but pain and sadness (and gets blamed and criticized by these same underachieving chokers and losers) and deserve better than this.
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #2
qqert
Veteran

Rep Power: 10591 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Very Fitting Peyton set NFL TD Record vs the Team that SHUNNED HIM

fire rick smith now.
he doesn't know any better than the guy on the street anyway.

but knowing that mcnair runs the organization like a corrupt mexican padrino system.. i wouldnt get my hopes up.

you can suck a$$ in mcnairs texans nfl and still keep your job.
Old 12-22-2013   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
The loyal fan base whose sold out almost every game in existence gets nothing but pain and sadness (and gets blamed and criticized by these same underachieving chokers and losers) and deserve better than this.
Actually, the fans have subsidized what they've gotten, so you could easily argue they get what they deserve as well. You want more of something, support it. That way I get to watch it on TV at least.
Old 12-22-2013   #4
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

yawn

Is it Christmas Eve yet?
Old 12-22-2013   #5
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

who cares..did you guys really want this playoff choke artist anyways? we have won plenty of regular season games with schaub and grabbing another choke artist would be a pretty lateral move even if he is the best reg season qb ever.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #6
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Manning wasn't an option for the texans as much as I would have loved to see it
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #7
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqert View Post
fire rick smith now.
he doesn't know any better than the guy on the street anyway.

but knowing that mcnair runs the organization like a corrupt mexican padrino system.. i wouldnt get my hopes up.

you can suck a$$ in mcnairs texans nfl and still keep your job.
Isn't the rumor that Smith wanted to go after him, and Kubiak shot him down?
Old 12-22-2013   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Yeah. Also, what he's done since Indy was the absolute best-case scenario during the time he was recovering from neck surgery and nobody knew at all what to expect from him. At that time Schaub had his naysayers, I dabbled as one myself that year, but his stock then was much higher then than it is now.

Saying the Texans dropped the ball is an accurate statement, but hardly the unforgivable, mindless non-move some make it out to be today.

Would I have gone for him? I think so, given my thoughts on Schaub vs the potential upside of Manning. But I say that after the fact with no repercussions to be had.
Old 12-22-2013   #9
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 29405 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
While the QB that the Texans chose over one of the greatest if not greatest of all time, has his typical check down interception game. Sad part is Peyton could have saved Kubiak's job and staved off a rebuilding process.

This franchise deserves everything that has happened to them. The loyal fan base whose sold out almost every game in existence gets nothing but pain and sadness (and gets blamed and criticized by these same underachieving chokers and losers) and deserve better than this.
Spoken like a man with 20-20 hindsite.

Just go away.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #10
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Isn't the rumor that Smith wanted to go after him, and Kubiak shot him down?
I know you said it was a rumor, but do you have any kind of link? I would like to hear more.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

rumors and more rumors. When I hear some confessions out of the mouths of Manning, Kubiak, Smith or McNair, it's all conjecture. All of it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #12
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
I know you said it was a rumor, but do you have any kind of link? I would like to hear more.
Like I said, it's a rumor, and I can't remember where I've heard and/or read it. It may have been the radio, heck, it may have been this board.

I'm certainly not saying I believe it, but I will say what I firmly believe, and that is that whether Rick Smith loved the idea of Peyton coming to play for the Texans with all his heart, or whether he abhorred the notion, his opinion had zero to do with what went down with Peyton from a Texans standpoint. That was all a function of some combination of Kubiak, McNair, and the salary cap situation at the time.
Old 12-22-2013   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak would never have let a QB like Manning on the Texans who he couldn't control completely. Manning would have made Kubiak extremely insecure and uncomfortable. He would have had to submit to Manning's knowledge at the position and would have looked really bad once he clashed with Manning when Manning would have wanted to run his audibles on every play. I don't see how they could have ever co-existed together with how Kubiak's nature of running an offense is. With Kubiak here, we never had a chance at a QB like Manning.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #14
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Kubiak would never have let a QB like Manning on the Texans who he couldn't control completely. Manning would have made Kubiak extremely insecure and uncomfortable. He would have had to submit to Manning's knowledge at the position and would have looked really bad once he clashed with Manning when Manning would have wanted to run his audibles on every play. I don't see how they could have ever co-existed together with how Kubiak's nature of running an offense is. With Kubiak here, we never had a chance at a QB like Manning.

Outside of all that the texans didn't have they money and Manning wasn't 100%
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is it that Texans feel that all these QBs COULD have been on their team? Whether it's the University of Texas or Texan fans, it is strange.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134301 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
I've heard the same thing. As a matter of fact the rumor was that McNair and Kubiak shot his idea down....not just Kubiak. I know one of the radio personalities are spewing this. I'll try to find it on my twitter feed.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Outside of all that the texans didn't have they money and Manning wasn't 100%
You don't know what they could have had. In many instances teams dump certain players or make other trades to free up space to make big splash moves. I never said if the Texans could have or couldn't have made the move. It would have been very difficult financially, but not impossible.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #18
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe its for the best tho Isnt our goal to win Super Bowls and with the choke artist peyton is in the post season I don't tink he would have one a sB here in Houston or I could be wrong ..???? this team was loaded for peyton last year
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #19
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why?

Peyton runs his own system and Gary wouldn't give up control. That could never happen?

BoB didn't want to pay Peyton? Salary cap? You make room to sign Peyton Manning. Cut JoJo to sign Peyton? Yep Cut Duane Brown,? Yep cut AJ? yep

I think you're gettin my vibe and I said it at the time

Last edited by steelbtexan; 12-23-2013 at 05:54 AM.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Spoken like a man with 20-20 hindsite.

Just go away.
Yeah really .... revisionist history.

Sure , its fitting he broke the record against the team he beat .... 16 times in 18 attempts.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read