Very Fitting Peyton set NFL TD Record vs the Team that SHUNNED HIM

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Lord Bills, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Lord Bills

Lord Bills Destruction

While the QB that the Texans chose over one of the greatest if not greatest of all time, has his typical check down interception game. Sad part is Peyton could have saved Kubiak's job and staved off a rebuilding process.

This franchise deserves everything that has happened to them. The loyal fan base whose sold out almost every game in existence gets nothing but pain and sadness (and gets blamed and criticized by these same underachieving chokers and losers) and deserve better than this.

2. qqert

qqert All Pro

fire rick smith now.
    he doesn't know any better than the guy on the street anyway.

but knowing that mcnair runs the organization like a corrupt mexican padrino system.. i wouldnt get my hopes up.

you can suck a$$ in mcnairs texans nfl and still keep your job.

3. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Actually, the fans have subsidized what they've gotten, so you could easily argue they get what they deserve as well. You want more of something, support it. That way I get to watch it on TV at least. :)

4. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

yawn

Is it Christmas Eve yet?

5. ajohnson80

ajohnson80 Veteran

who cares..did you guys really want this playoff choke artist anyways? we have won plenty of regular season games with schaub and grabbing another choke artist would be a pretty lateral move even if he is the best reg season qb ever.

6. 2012Champs

2012Champs Hall of Fame

Manning wasn't an option for the texans as much as I would have loved to see it

7. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Isn't the rumor that Smith wanted to go after him, and Kubiak shot him down?

8. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Yeah. Also, what he's done since Indy was the absolute best-case scenario during the time he was recovering from neck surgery and nobody knew at all what to expect from him. At that time Schaub had his naysayers, I dabbled as one myself that year, but his stock then was much higher then than it is now.

Saying the Texans dropped the ball is an accurate statement, but hardly the unforgivable, mindless non-move some make it out to be today.

Would I have gone for him? I think so, given my thoughts on Schaub vs the potential upside of Manning. But I say that after the fact with no repercussions to be had.

9. Marshall

Marshall Not pretty, but ALIVE!

Spoken like a man with 20-20 hindsite.

Just go away.

PapaL likes this.
  10. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler worst 2 1st

I know you said it was a rumor, but do you have any kind of link? I would like to hear more.

11. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

rumors and more rumors. When I hear some confessions out of the mouths of Manning, Kubiak, Smith or McNair, it's all conjecture. All of it.

12. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Like I said, it's a rumor, and I can't remember where I've heard and/or read it. It may have been the radio, heck, it may have been this board.

I'm certainly not saying I believe it, but I will say what I firmly believe, and that is that whether Rick Smith loved the idea of Peyton coming to play for the Texans with all his heart, or whether he abhorred the notion, his opinion had zero to do with what went down with Peyton from a Texans standpoint. That was all a function of some combination of Kubiak, McNair, and the salary cap situation at the time.

Showtime100 likes this.
  13. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Kubiak would never have let a QB like Manning on the Texans who he couldn't control completely. Manning would have made Kubiak extremely insecure and uncomfortable. He would have had to submit to Manning's knowledge at the position and would have looked really bad once he clashed with Manning when Manning would have wanted to run his audibles on every play. I don't see how they could have ever co-existed together with how Kubiak's nature of running an offense is. With Kubiak here, we never had a chance at a QB like Manning.

14. 2012Champs

2012Champs Hall of Fame

Outside of all that the texans didn't have they money and Manning wasn't 100%

15. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Why is it that Texans feel that all these QBs COULD have been on their team? Whether it's the University of Texas or Texan fans, it is strange.

16. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I've heard the same thing. As a matter of fact the rumor was that McNair and Kubiak shot his idea down....not just Kubiak. I know one of the radio personalities are spewing this. I'll try to find it on my twitter feed.

17. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

You don't know what they could have had. In many instances teams dump certain players or make other trades to free up space to make big splash moves. I never said if the Texans could have or couldn't have made the move. It would have been very difficult financially, but not impossible.

18. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

maybe its for the best tho Isnt our goal to win Super Bowls and with the choke artist peyton is in the post season I don't tink he would have one a sB here in Houston or I could be wrong ..???? this team was loaded for peyton last year

19. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Why?

Peyton runs his own system and Gary wouldn't give up control. That could never happen?

BoB didn't want to pay Peyton? Salary cap? You make room to sign Peyton Manning. Cut JoJo to sign Peyton? Yep Cut Duane Brown,? Yep cut AJ? yep

I think you're gettin my vibe and I said it at the time

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Yeah really .... revisionist history.

Sure , its fitting he broke the record against the team he beat .... 16 times in 18 attempts.