Support and keep Texans Talk going. Make a donation here.

Davis Mills is a poor man's...

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
He’s definitely shown more play making ability & better ball placement.

But Schaub new how to read a defense & drive his offense. That imo is where Mills needs to improve
Mills as a rookie with limited experience was allowed to change plays at the line of scrimmage... Schaub and Watson were only allowed to check down to run plays.

with more experience I think he's going to become a student and learn how to read defenses (which he already does).

Jack Burton

Rookie
I think you nailed it.
I am pleased with his deep passing - that is an aspect of his play that will keep opposing defences on their toes.
I also like his calm demeanor in the pocket - that tells me he is confident and bodes well for his future.
If he turns out as good as Rivers, Texans fans will be singing Caserios praises for years.
Personally, I think he will be a better Dalton with a better arm.
Isn’t that Philip Rivers or are you adding in his Ron Burgundy News Team personality?

Texansphan

All Pro
I’m with you. But let’s be real. We ain’t getting to a Super Bowl next year, or the year after even with Brady in his prime.

Too much work to do before we’re in the wild card hunt. Mills (Schaub/Cousins) suits this team just fine.
Truth.
And I don't think a top tier QB would even want to come here with such a weak roster.
Build up the roster and you might get a top tier guy to consider coming here.

Last edited:
Truth.
And I don't think a top tier QB would even want to come here with such a weak roster.
Build up the roster and you might get a top tier guy to consider coming here.
Build up the roster and hopefully you don't need to get a top tier guy to come here because you already have one. Rarely does even a tope tier guy going to another team really work out. Brady in Tampa and Manning in Denver are the exceptions and with Manning its because of that defense.