Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

David Johnson... welcome to houston

Texansballer74

Hall of Fame
No one wants to talk about Hopkin's performance yesterday?
Great move by O’Brien getting rid of a top 3 receiver in the NFL. Great job paying all three of his starting Linebackers and a practice squad guy from the Chiefs big time contracts. We didn’t need that type of talent anymore

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You know what could be worse......the Cardinals finish with a better record and Hopkins delivers another Pro Bowl season along the way.

Would that make Murray better than Watson? NO! But some may insist it does.

Would that make another much younger and newer NFL HC and his staff better than a seasoned OB and his staff? YES! Would be more evidence to take into consideration.
Murray is better than DW4.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Apples to oranges.
If you can't tell them apart, there's no use discussing it.
There isn't if you're unable to read the simple W-L on Wiki. We've already had that boorish thread that you started up and I'm not willing to go down that rabbit hole again.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
There isn't if you're unable to read the simple W-L on Wiki. We've already had that boorish thread that you started up and I'm not willing to go down that rabbit hole again.
Yes there is.
You're juat too stubborn to acknowledge it.
Many posters here, who don't care for Kubiak, acknowledge that he walked into a worse situation.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Reading is being stubborn?

LMAO
Try google Houston Texans all decade team and see how many of them that OBrien inherited.
Then extend it to include players from the inception (2002), like this one for example (or any other source you can find).
See how many of them that Kubiak inherited.

They are as close to facts as one can get.

Another fact is that Kubiak walked into a worse (much worse) cap situation.
Those numbers don't lie. They are facts and they don't change.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Try google Houston Texans all decade team and see how many of them that OBrien inherited.
Then extend it to include players from the inception (2002), like this one for example (or any other source you can find).
See how many of them that Kubiak inherited.

They are as close to facts as one can get.

Another fact is that Kubiak walked into a worse (much worse) cap situation.
Those numbers don't lie. They are facts and they don't change.
2-14 the Kubiak era ended just as it started.

Double Barrel

Moderator / Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Maybe he is with Nuk catching his passes. . .

See, talent around the QB actually matters. As does having a coaching staff that comprehends how to implement a scheme to play to a QB's strengths.

I know, I know, it's a revolutionary thought process to evaluate single players within their situations. But that's what I do, forward thinking stuff, state-of-the-art mental gymnastics where circumstances actually matter in objective evaluations. :hmmm: [/SARCASM]

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Maybe he is with Nuk catching his passes. . .

See, talent around the QB actually matters. As does having a coaching staff that comprehends how to implement a scheme to play to a QB's strengths.

I know, I know, it's a revolutionary thought process to evaluate single players within their situations. But that's what I do, forward thinking stuff, state-of-the-art mental gymnastics where circumstances actually matter in objective evaluations. :hmmm: [/SARCASM]
Actually Murray was better last yr after Drake was traded for and long before Nuk got there as a rookie. Now that he's got Nuk to go with Fitz and Kirk, Murray is really ready to roll now that he has some experience.

It's intellectually lazy to say because the Cards got Nuk that's what makes Murray better than DW4.

Murray faced a tougher defense and did better than DW4 last week. After the last 6 games and counting this is beginning to become a trend.

I dont think BOB will ever bring a championship to Kirby and that's the reason I want him gone. However DW4's struggles aren't all on BOB and that's a fact. Whether you want to admit this or not.

If a QB succeeds in the NFL it's all because of his talent. If he fails it's all because of coaching. SMDH

Another reason I want BOB gone is so many here will see the light under a new HC. Even though we both know the excuses will last here for atleast another 4 yrs and we have RS to thank for this.

BTW, how much better did Dak look under McCarthy than Garrett? I suspect the same will hold true under the new Texans HC.

Last edited:

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Actually Murray was better last yr after Drake was traded for and long before Nuk got there as a rookie. Now that he's got Nuk to go with Fitz and Kirk, Murray is really ready to roll now that he has some experience.

It's intellectually lazy to say because the Cards got Nuk that's what makes Murray better than DW4.

Murray faced a tougher defense and did better than DW4 last week. After the last 6 games and counting this is beginning to become a trend.

I dont think BOB will ever bring a championship to Kirby and that's the reason I want him gone. However DW4's struggles aren't all on BOB and that's a fact. Whether you want to admit this or not.

If a QB succeeds in the NFL it's all because of his talent. If he fails it's all because of coaching. SMDH

Another reason I want BOB gone is so many here will see the light under a new HC. Even though we both know the excuses will last here for atleast another 4 yrs and we have RS to thank for this.

BTW, how much better did Dak look under McCarthy than Garrett? Is suspect the same will hold true under the new Texans HC.
The numbers do not support your claim.
In fact, Murray saved his worst game for last, to the tune of 2 Ints and 2 lost fumbles.

76Texan

Hall of Fame

BTW, how much better did Dak look under McCarthy than Garrett? Is suspect the same will hold true under the new Texans HC.
It's very easy to see.
It doesn't matter whether Hopkins is open or not, Murray still has the confidence going to him right away, knowing Hops will cach the ball more often than not. He doesn't have to hesitate or has second thought. It helps him to get the ball out much quicker than last year.

Earl34

Veteran
BTW, how much better did Dak look under McCarthy than Garrett? I suspect the same will hold true under the new Texans HC.
Didn't McCarthy retain the OC? Wait until the offense struggles and McCarthy takes control of the offense like he did with his OCs in Green Bay. Then you can make that comment. Right now, you're a bit premature after one game.

Also, based on your comments, how do you account for the job the Titans have done with Tannehill? He was a bust in Miami. Goes to the Titans and a WCO and he looks like a totally different player. Isn't that coaching?

Earl34

Veteran
It's very easy to see.
It doesn't matter whether Hopkins is open or not, Murray still has the confidence going to him right away, knowing Hops will cach the ball more often than not. He doesn't have to hesitate or has second thought. It helps him to get the ball out much quicker than last year.

Also, look at Murray's passes. The majority are less than 10 yards. Out of 26 completions, only four were over 10 yards and none were over 20 yards.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Didn't McCarthy retain the OC? Wait until the offense struggles and McCarthy takes control of the offense like he did with his OCs in Green Bay. Then you can make that comment. Right now, you're a bit premature after one game.

Also, based on your comments, how do you account for the job the Titans have done with Tannehill? He was a bust in Miami. Goes to the Titans and a WCO and he looks like a totally different player. Isn't that coaching?
Tamnehill has always been good. He just was injury prone with the Dolphins. He's been healthy with the Titans

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Also, look at Murray's passes. The majority are less than 10 yards. Out of 26 completions, only four were over 10 yards and none were over 20 yards.

Yeah, I noticed that while watching the game this afternoon.
Kingsburry call a lot of quick hit plays including a bunch of screens and some roll-outs.
Murray saw very little pressure.
The line held up fairly well on a number of deeper routes.
And Murray was allowed to take off soon as he sees his primary receiver covered.
It was pretty much how the Cowboys played Dak during his rookie year.
Nothing too complicated; just well executed by the whole offense for the majority of the time.
I did check the nextgen stats for both Murray and Watson before I read your post.

Earl34

Veteran
I thought you didn't like/respect QBs who give their #1 WRs the majority of the WR targets? Murray targeted Hopkins 17 times and I wouldn't be surprise if he targets Hopkins more than Watson ever did. What is the stat you kept quoting about Watson using Hopkins as a security blanket and giving him x% of the WR targets? Too funny.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I thought you didn't like QBs who give their #1 WRs the majority of the WR targets? Murray targeted Hopkins 17 times and I wouldn't be surprise if he targets Hopkins more than Watson ever did. What is the stat you kept quoting about Watson using Hopkins as a security blanket and giving him x% of the targets? Too funny.
I don't

1 game

mws

Waterboy
So far I guess it was worth it to get rid of Hopkins so we could pay over 5 times as much for a running back.

Carlos Hyde - 2019 salary $1,900,000
Week 1 83 yards
Week 2 90 yards
-----------------------------------
Total: 173 yards - Ave/Gm 86.5 yards

David Johnson - 2020 salary $11,156,250
Week 1 77 yards
Week 2 34 yards
-----------------------------------
Total 111 yards - Ave/Gm 55.5 yards