Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dallas area Texans fans (Gameday Hangout thread)

See, I'm the opposite. I'm in North north Dallas. I can jump on 121 and come down to the Coppell location that we had met at before in, but just need heads up before trekking it down there.

If there are any that are up in my area, maybe we can get together at one of these watering hole establishments.

I am in south Arlington almost able to spit to Mansfield. In the past we resolved travel a couple of ways. We had the one year with the traveling sports bar circus. this was fun but takes a good deal of communication.

In two separate years we had locations. One was at the Kerrs Wing House in north dallas/almost Irving (now closed), while nice and comfortable had a limited menu. the older was Flip's in Grapevine, which was kinda the opposite where we had a better quality of food, but really was not organized in a way for the best comfort for everyone.

My guess is that there is a Texanscentric bar somewhere in DFW, just never gotten a feel where that is. I know there are plenty of Houston/SE Texans who are up here. the key to making our spot besides getting a reasonable drive for the known group is to get a solid base of people probably at least 10 for the bar to pay attention to our money even when a couple of us can't make it on any given Sunday.

I know I did BW3's in Valley Ranch and saw a few other Texans there. It was comfortable and you know what you are getting.

See, I'm the opposite. I'm in North north Dallas. I can jump on 121 and come down to the Coppell location that we had met at before in, but just need heads up before trekking it down there.

If there are any that are up in my area, maybe we can get together at one of these watering hole establishments.

I'm in Flower Mound but I rarely go to these things. Had a great time at the ONE I went to with ArlingtonTexan, Hoth Boy, Ozzo, and others when we beat the Panthers a few years ago.

I prefer to hole up with my wife in the TV room to watch the games. That way, no one but her sees me cry.

I'm in Flower Mound but I rarely go to these things. Had a great time at the ONE I went to with ArlingtonTexan, Hoth Boy, Ozzo, and others when we beat the Panthers a few years ago.

I prefer to hole up with my wife in the TV room to watch the games. That way, no one but her sees me cry.

I would love to watch football with my wife, but she prefers the "other" football.....which sucks ass.

:wadepalm:

That's why I wanted to get with you guys so I got other compadres next to me rooting on our team.

I would love to watch football with my wife, but she prefers the "other" football.....which sucks ass.

:wadepalm:

That's why I wanted to get with you guys so I got other compadres next to me rooting on our team.

My wife is a real football fan. We've been watching games on Sundays since we got together 25 years ago. It was her idea that we get Sunday Ticket so we could watch all the games at home instead of going to a sportsbar.

Although I live in Houston, my grandparents just moved to Coppell, and now all family events will be taking place there instead of Houston. I know I will be there for Week 1. I was just seeing if any meetup has been confirmed?

The one time where we had the "traveling circus" worked good to accomodate the fans all over the metroplex, but did require a little planning to pull it off. Otherwise, it's gonna have to be a somewhat central location to get all to come out and also have a variety of food groups (other than chicken wings) or you'll get burned out on the food halfway through the season.

It'd be ultimate to develop a home base to build the fan base in DFW. Other team's fans have done so (it seems from visiting various places) there just needs to be a search mission put in place.

I'm back in Houston - good luck in finding the perfect spot.... it is much better to see with a group than by one self at home (you don't have to spend much at the sports bar). My kid still asks if we're gonna get together with a group here like we did in Dallas. ;-)

Does anyone have a home we could use? Tailgate @ the casa Texan. Of course this would mean you have DirectTV or the game is actually played on the tube.

I think it would be fun if a bunch of us Texan fans from Houston invaded a Dallas Sports bar for one of our away games.....and took it over on a Sunday....now that would be funny....

Here is the list of folks I gathered from the thread and their relative locations. I also grabbed a list OzzO created on a previous thread. Correct any misinformation. I think something near The Highlands would be good, but a stretch for the Northies.

South
Texaninlild - Mansfield
ArlingtonTexan - Arlington
Texan JBZ - South DFW
Big Pouncake - Arlington

West
CretorFrigg - Ft Worth
grinch1134 - Ft Worth
Hoth-Boy - Keller

North
NTTexan - Richarson
Texans34Life - Frisco/McKinney/The Colony
thunderwolf - Denton
rvguy121 - Richardson
wagonhed - Denton

Central
The Pencil Neck - Flower Mound
Big Tex 13 - Carrolton

cj5776 - ?

From OzzO:
Locations in DFW-

Twin Peaks - Arlington
Bone Daddy's - Dallas though I can't tell if they have the games there.
Wizard's Sports cafe - Richardson - 2nd WIN Det home game, good size and pool tables
Buffalo Wild Wings - Irving, Addison, Lewisville - Indy home game in Irving, good place.

... the search continues. Let me know if any (or all) of those meet your fancy. And where the heck is A-Tx?

Found a few more alternatives listed in the '07 DFW watch party thread.

Big Johnson's beer garden - Dallas
Buffalo Joes - Dallas - Browns game - WIN, good "strip center" sports bar
TNT Sports Page - Addison though this seems to be Viking fans homebase
Frankie's Bar - uptown Dallas - 3rd WIN in a row! Cincinnati home game - better than MAT, packed with 'boy fans
Varsity Club - Plano

some more...
Bailey's 1st & 10 - Highland Park
Industry Bar - Richardson
McKinney Ave Tavern - uptown Dallas - Pit game, good place, but you'd think more than one waitress for Sundays
Ten Sports Grill - downtown dallas - Jag away game - good place, but all the smoking Saint fans go there
Wild Turkey- Dallas

Others suggested / found.....
Cafe Gecko - Addison
Ker's Wing House - Dallas Miami home game - 1st WIN (good juju)
Texan Station - Grapevine
Flips Grill - Grapevine - Titan away game, good food and service. 2nd visit - Min away
Bobby V - Arlington
No Frills - Arlington

Here is the list of folks I gathered from the thread and their relative locations. I also grabbed a list OzzO created on a previous thread. Correct any misinformation. I think something near The Highlands would be good, but a stretch for the Northies.

South
Texaninlild - Mansfield
ArlingtonTexan - Arlington
Texan JBZ - South DFW
Big Pouncake - Arlington

West
CretorFrigg - Ft Worth
grinch1134 - Ft Worth
Hoth-Boy - Keller

North
NTTexan - Richarson
thunderwolf - Denton
rvguy121 - Richardson
wagonhed - Denton

Central
Big Tex 13 - Carrolton

cj5776 - ?

From OzzO:
Locations in DFW-

Twin Peaks - Arlington
Bone Daddy's - Dallas though I can't tell if they have the games there.
Wizard's Sports cafe - Richardson - 2nd WIN Det home game, good size and pool tables
Buffalo Wild Wings - Irving, Addison, Lewisville - Indy home game in Irving, good place.

... the search continues. Let me know if any (or all) of those meet your fancy. And where the heck is A-Tx?

Found a few more alternatives listed in the '07 DFW watch party thread.

Big Johnson's beer garden - Dallas
Buffalo Joes - Dallas - Browns game - WIN, good "strip center" sports bar
TNT Sports Page - Addison though this seems to be Viking fans homebase
Frankie's Bar - uptown Dallas - 3rd WIN in a row! Cincinnati home game - better than MAT, packed with 'boy fans
Varsity Club - Plano

some more...
Bailey's 1st & 10 - Highland Park
Industry Bar - Richardson
McKinney Ave Tavern - uptown Dallas - Pit game, good place, but you'd think more than one waitress for Sundays
Ten Sports Grill - downtown dallas - Jag away game - good place, but all the smoking Saint fans go there
Wild Turkey- Dallas

Others suggested / found.....
Cafe Gecko - Addison
Ker's Wing House - Dallas Miami home game - 1st WIN (good juju)
Texan Station - Grapevine
Flips Grill - Grapevine - Titan away game, good food and service. 2nd visit - Min away
Bobby V - Arlington
No Frills - Arlington

I would not be opposed to a place near or in the Highlands...

I have been to Pluckers and while they have the game, they pre-select the screens for the games so we may or may not get a good one. Not sure whatelse is sports barish versus a bar with tv sets around there though.

Bobby V is just a couple of exits away as an option.

Edit: For those South or don't care about driving, I go to No Frills in Mansfiled for the game and as my neighborhood bar. It is already a heavy Cowboys/Saints bar, but friendly enough where a few more Texans fans would fit right in. That's my plan most weeks unless we can agree trying on take over somewhere in the area.

I can hang with the south boys as my house is very near 820 and 20. This week I'm probably out, but I will try to make it to no frills if I can. Sucks that they decided to skip the opener on NBC after they found out about the foreheads status.

I'm in Arlington, too. Was disappointed when CBS switched to Pitt/Balt, but I knew it was going to happen. Always seem to switch out of the Texans game midweek. And the Highlands sounds like a good idea. I live just a few exits west of there.

Alright, I guess I'll hang with the North and Central crew, if you guys are up for it.

North
NTTexan - Richarson
thunderwolf - Denton
rvguy121 - Richardson
wagonhed - Denton

Central
Big Tex 13 - Carrolton

Have you guys heard of any good spots in our vicinity?

Also, for you guys who have DIRECTV, if you're staying at home, Sunday Ticket is free this week. So for disappointment of the PIT/BAL switch, we can still catch the game!

Howdy yall ! I've been a Houstonian for 27 years and just moved up to DFW area. Euless checking in.

I am in the Richland Hills area and just moved here about 4 months ago. I am down for driving ANY distance within the DFW metroplex as long as it is within reason.

I need to find a Texan friendly place for days when my wife doesn't feel like catching the game with me. I hate going out by myself to watch games. :)

I just called the Buffalo Wild Wings in Bedford and they said that they plan to have the Texans game on in their Party Room after the Saints fans leave after the morning game.

Hope to see some fans there!!! :)

I just called the Buffalo Wild Wings in Bedford and they said that they plan to have the Texans game on in their Party Room after the Saints fans leave after the morning game.

Hope to see some fans there!!! :)

Missed this before I left today, but I am willing to drive to Bedford if this is a good experience for everyone.

Missed this before I left today, but I am willing to drive to Bedford if this is a good experience for everyone.

This appears to be the Saints homebase in the Fort Worth area or something. The entire place was shut down for them at noon. I would be down with heading to a different location next week if there is a fan favorite. My wife and I need to find a solid hang out to catch the games at.

This appears to be the Saints homebase in the Fort Worth area or something. The entire place was shut down for them at noon. I would be down with heading to a different location next week if there is a fan favorite. My wife and I need to find a solid hang out to catch the games at.

There appears to be a few Texans fans at Buffalo Wild Wings on South Hulen street.

We need to establish ourselves somewhere. It doesn't matter where!

There appears to be a few Texans fans at Buffalo Wild Wings on South Hulen street.

We need to establish ourselves somewhere. It doesn't matter where!

The Bedford Wild Wings is 100% claimed by the Saints fans. They even had saints stuff hanging on the walls there.

If we decide on something I will show up. I don't want to sit and hold hands with all of you, but I would love to have other fans cheer like idiots so that I do not look so crazy when I scream alone. :)

im in carrollton and hoots in lewisville has the texans game on every sunday. not always with sound but it beats not being able to see the game.

god bless.

im in carrollton and hoots in lewisville has the texans game on every sunday. not always with sound but it beats not being able to see the game.

god bless.

I would feel like a red-headed stepchild watching the game there.

Yeah, put me in a corner and tell me "You can see the game, but only on mute. But we'll make your stay here enjoyable by taking all your money while you feel like ****....okthxbye".

F That. Elvis, start looking for another place. I'm pretty sure you can find one that will let you watch with sound.

I would feel like a red-headed stepchild watching the game there.

Yeah, put me in a corner and tell me "You can see the game, but only on mute. But we'll make your stay here enjoyable by taking all your money while you feel like ****....okthxbye".

F That. Elvis, start looking for another place. I'm pretty sure you can find one that will let you watch with sound.

its close to the house, and i can usually talk the manager into the sound as long as the cowgirls arent on. What place has the game with sounds every week??

god bless.

In that area and where I live, I haven't found anything. There's been more luck on the south and southwest side.

There seems to be a few guys up in our area, but haven't heard anything from them on getting together. So I've been watching it at the casa.

its close to the house, and i can usually talk the manager into the sound as long as the cowgirls arent on. What place has the game with sounds every week??

god bless.

This is going to be the arrangement pretty much anywhere even when we are established. The Cowboys will always get sound priority. what to look for is a sizable television in a good location. There are places who had mini-sound boxes for an area, but the overall noise usually overrides this.

That said, the Texans/Cowboys don't cross that often in realtive terms.

This week's game is on TV, but if we can get a few people together I will show up. If we could find a centralized location that might help get some more numbers. The more fans in a group, the easier it is to take over a section of TVs and sound! :)

This week's game is on TV, but if we can get a few people together I will show up. If we could find a centralized location that might help get some more numbers. The more fans in a group, the easier it is to take over a section of TVs and sound! :)

They're going to broadcast it on CBS in D/FW?

:splits:

The game is not on TV this week, anyone going to be out watching the game tomorrow?

If we go tomorrow to watch the game it will be the BW3 in Mansfield. It is the most comfortable for me without smelling like an ashtray. The wife still needs to see Da Girls play tomorrow. Usually steeltown (kinda annoying) is plentiful no matter which sports bar it is.

If we go tomorrow to watch the game it will be the BW3 in Mansfield. It is the most comfortable for me without smelling like an ashtray. The wife still needs to see Da Girls play tomorrow. Usually steeltown (kinda annoying) is plentiful no matter which sports bar it is.

That will be about a 30 minute drive for me, but the BW3 up here is overrun with Saints fans that like to run around with flags when their team scores.

My wife and I may swing down to Mansfield just for a change of pace. :)

Back