Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dallas area Texans fans (Gameday Hangout thread)

Would you guys say that you have it worse than we do in Austin? My dad lives up there and he says they don't show the Texans games on TV much. We have no press coverage here but the games are usually on TV. Is it true that Dallas has somewhat of a media boycott of Texans football up there?

The Texans are just another mediocore team in regards to the press coverage in DFW. they don't even get the Astros "oh you are a Texas based team" thing. In terms of TV, the stations generally go with the best national game versus any sort of Texans coverage.

So what is the consensus as far as the where everyone is going to meet? I have not heard anything but Flips so is that going to be "the place"?

I am hoping that there is more than one Texans "place" this season. I know that there are plenty of Texans fans/ Houston transplants where we should have bars all over the place.

Y'all have fun up there, drink one for me... I guess that means I need to drink one for each of you.

:toast2:

Yeah, except for a bar full of Cowboys fans cheering on a winning a team while three guys in Texans gear looked like fools!

I am now on my 6th season of leaving my houe to watch the Texans and 3rd/4th where i make a significant drive to do so. Pretty tired of spending extra time, money on them.

Yeah, except for a bar full of Cowboys fans cheering on a winning a team while three guys in Texans gear looked like fools!
yeah... that was pretty much it. That old dude sitting two seats down from me took so much pity on us that he paid my tab. :gun:

A couple of days have halped my spirit for the weekend. Will be there on Sunday, but can't take too much more.

I should be there this coming Sunday. No viewing for us in DFW in the safe confines of our homes. If we get ***** slapped again, I don't know how much more I can take. It is one thing to lose a slugfest, but if you are fighting back like someone at a gay slappy festival..it kinda turns your stomach. I thought about burning and burying my Texans gear to release the sissy spirits, but I paid too much for that crap.

A couple of days have halped my spirit for the weekend. Will be there on Sunday, but can't take too much more.

Are you Sylvester? It was nice meeting you last weekend - this is Ben. If a few more people are gonna show up than last weekend I would love to come again. I can find somewhere to watch it here in Denton but I would PREFER to see it with fans.

Hope the rest of you don't ditch us again this weekend.

PS - the mushroom burger there was incredible

PPS - maybe we can get a better TV this time if more than 3 people show up

Are you Sylvester? It was nice meeting you last weekend - this is Ben. If a few more people are gonna show up than last weekend I would love to come again. I can find somewhere to watch it here in Denton but I would PREFER to see it with fans.

Hope the rest of you don't ditch us again this weekend.

PS - the mushroom burger there was incredible

PPS - maybe we can get a better TV this time if more than 3 people show up

yeah, that's me...yeah looks like a bigger group for the week.

We had a good game on this past sunday. As for next week three of us are going to be in Houston. trying to guage the possible turn out. May have a different location for 1 week only depending on the who is available.

First I want to thank Jeremy and Sylvester for assisting in keeping my cane walking butt off the floor with those bar stools. I had trouble finding my happy place on them.

Sylvester, have you seen the Firehouse Grill next to the theatre in Mansfield? I just got an ad and wouldn't mind trying that if we stay all Southie this weekend. :fans:

First I want to thank Jeremy and Sylvester for assisting in keeping my cane walking butt off the floor with those bar stools. I had trouble finding my happy place on them.

Sylvester, have you seen the Firehouse Grill next to the theatre in Mansfield? I just got an ad and wouldn't mind trying that if we stay all Southie this weekend. :fans:

If i have the right place in mind, we went to it when it some other name. I would be willing to do that.

I might have a change of plans myself, give me until the end of the day to figure it out.

Good news is that i am going to be able to go to the game this weekend also. Of course, that means that i am not going to be at the watching party.

I am going to email Greg and let him know that the big group will not be there this weekend unless the remaining guys tell me different sometime today.

I liked Firehoue Grill in Mansfield. They have lots of screens with all good views. The seating is spread out and easier for handiman to get around. The only part I did not like is when I went to the ladies room and came back to find the Pats game on my TV. I surprised them when I told them to put my *******ing game back on now. I can be a grumpy camper especially after I have kicked back a few of the finest O'Dooles. :turtle:

I liked Firehoue Grill in Mansfield. They have lots of screens with all good views. The seating is spread out and easier for handiman to get around. The only part I did not like is when I went to the ladies room and came back to find the Pats game on my TV. I surprised them when I told them to put my *******ing game back on now. I can be a grumpy camper especially after I have kicked back a few of the finest O'Dooles. :turtle:

Glad to see that there is a good option on those weeks we are doing the south Tarrant thing.

back to flipps again this week????

I'm cool with Flips. I've fell in love with their burgers. Special apologies to wagonhed about last weekend. Hope you got my message. It was a long weekend of drinking in Houston and I didn't have enough left in me to make the tailgate. I'll get you a couple rounds on me if you come to Flips.

I'm cool with Flips. I've fell in love with their burgers. Special apologies to wagonhed about last weekend. Hope you got my message. It was a long weekend of drinking in Houston and I didn't have enough left in me to make the tailgate. I'll get you a couple rounds on me if you come to Flips.

Could you post a link or an address for flips? Thanks

I'll be there tomorrow.

If you look at Flips on mapquest, you gotta ignore the side of the street it says it's on. It's wrong. It's on the other side. Next to the Olive Garden and stuff, right on the access road.

Well I stopped by Kers Wing House and watched the game. Sure wasn't like it was last year
when we had lots of Texans fans there....we were the only Texan fans there.

Well I stopped by Kers Wing House and watched the game. Sure wasn't like it was last year
when we had lots of Texans fans there....we were the only Texan fans there.

Glad you made to the old stumpin' grounds. Did not have a bad experience there and honestly would love to have it as a Texans' option for those who are closer to that area.

Is it Flips again this Sunday fellows? If it is, Blue Cheese Bacon Burger here I come!!!:chef:

I am going to be late, so save me a spot. I have to pick up Mrs. AT from the airport around 3:30ish, which normally would be perfect if it were not a late start.

Hey guys, I will finally get to join a Dallas Texans hangout. Finished church and will be leaving in an hour to meet up at Flips!

It was great hanging out with you, Ben and Jerry despite the result. Hopefully the next time I can hang with you guys is a win on MNF vs. the hated ex-Oilers.

Last edited:
Back