Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Caserio Trades Mark Ingram

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Nope,

The last time they had a contender in my mind was when Hoyer crapped the bed in the playoffs. The rest of BOB's teams were deeply flawed due to a lack of depth. Partly because RS/BOB were never on the same page and partly because BOB and staff couldn't develop young players. IMHO

The Derrick yrs were going to be a waste after his rookie deal was done and he started making 156 mil. So this rebuild really doesn't disappoint me. Because they weren't going to win a championship anyway. Dumb and selfish leaders dont win championships. Favre is the exception to this rule.
So a 9-7 Hoyer led team is a contender, but a 10 and 11 win Watson led team that beat the champions and had a 24 point lead isn't? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You see how you fell in that trap? So a contender for Caserio is 10 win, but when they won 10 games, or 11, or 12, they weren't contenders. Just be consistent is all I ask. I'm going to say 10 wins is a contender because I like one gm and coaching staff, but they're not with another.
I didn't fall into a trap. But duly noted that you tried to set a trap for me. Maybe I need to reconsider who I respond too.

I expect a 10 win team by 2024 and a contender after that.

This is something the Texans org has never had.

Last edited:

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
I didn't consider them contenders. But I get why you did.

Cal is ultimately to blame for the BOB decision and the decision to give Derrick the contract he got. I dont think Easterby had anything to do with these decisions. But these decisions are why the Texans are where they're at today. That and RS decision to draft Derrick to begin with.
So when BOB said he and Jack work together on contracts and everything else, BOB was lying? When Jack came out with that speech about treasure and talent, which was the last time he's spoke in person, you think Cal wrote that for him or something? Again, you dont have to continue to make up stuff. Who decision it was to trade for DJ? Who decision it was to give trade for Tunsil without an extension? Who gave Cunningham his deal?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So a 9-7 Hoyer led team is a contender, but a 10 and 11 win Watson led team that beat the champions and had a 24 point lead isn't? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
They had the talent to be a contender, even though the depth was lacking they stayed fairly healthy that yr.. Like Lucky they weren't really contenders because Hoyer was a Hoyerablr QB. So the wins were really meaningless.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
They had the talent to be a contender, even though the depth was lacking they stayed fairly healthy that yr.. Like Lucky they weren't really contenders because Hoyer was a Hoyerablr QB. So the wins were really meaningless.
When I asked you about it, you jumped to the Hoyer led team. Not the Watson led team that could've won 12 games. You went to a 9-7 team led by Hoyer 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So when BOB said he and Jack work together on contracts and everything else, BOB was lying? When Jack came out with that speech about treasure and talent, which was the last time he's spoke in person, you think Cal wrote that for him or something? Again, you dont have to continue to make up stuff. Who decision it was to trade for DJ? Who decision it was to give trade for Tunsil without an extension? Who gave Cunningham his deal?
BOB, he was the GM.

Was Easterby to blame for the Tunsil trade?

Was Easterby to blame for the Derrick extension.

Yes, Easterby was out of his depth in contract negotiations. But Cal/BOB signed off on them. Anyways, that's water under the bridge. I believe Cal when he said Caserio is running the football ops. Obviously you think Cal's a liar and that's OK.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
When I asked you about it, you jumped to the Hoyer led team. Not the Watson led team that could've won 12 games. You went to a 9-7 team led by Hoyer 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
The 11 win Derrick lead team finished where I expected the to finish. They weren't as the Chiefs that yr and wasn't even good enough to be spotted a 24 point lead that they lost in 1 qtr. That's how much of a lack of leadership that team had from both BOB and players.

The Hoyer team had leadership, they were just missing a QB due to negligence of the position in the FO.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Reason #1 was a very valid reason to findsomething else to do with your time.

So glad that guy left the MB.
He had concentrated too much control and influence.

It was a good experience to have someone with a different opinion based mostly with facts.

I wouldn’t mind if he came back. Not as a moderator though.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So Josh McCown goes from QB coach at Rusk High School to NFL head coach of a playoff team in 3 years?

Who let Jack Easterby take over steelb's account?
I read somewhere he was doing offensive analyst work for the Texans. I guess that wasn't true.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
You see how you fell in that trap? So a contender for Caserio is 10 win, but when they won 10 games, or 11, or 12, they weren't contenders. Just be consistent is all I ask. I'm going to say 10 wins is a contender because I like one gm and coaching staff, but they're not with another.
I don't know if it's about wins ... not like that.

It's week 11 right? Who do you think are contenders? I still think the Rams are contenders, whether they win their division or sneak in as the third Wild Card. They've got it all & should make the NFCCG.

If they don't, they're under achievers & the hotseat ought to start heating up.

2024. If we're still wondering where our offense is going to come from & hope we can get 5 turnovers in a game, we're not contenders.

If we're underdogs at home against bad teams, we're not contenders.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
The 11 win Derrick lead team finished where I expected the to finish. They weren't as the Chiefs that yr and wasn't even good enough to be spotted a 24 point lead that they lost in 1 qtr. That's how much of a lack of leadership that team had from both BOB and players.

The Hoyer team had leadership, they were just missing a QB due to negligence of the position in the FO.
What kind of leadership you have when Hoyer is your qb? Please name the leaders if that 9-7 team. I'll wait

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
I don't know if it's about wins ... not like that.

It's week 11 right? Who do you think are contenders? I still think the Rams are contenders, whether they win their division or sneak in as the third Wild Card. They've got it all & should make the NFCCG.

If they don't, they're under achievers & the hotseat ought to start heating up.

2024. If we're still wondering where our offense is going to come from & hope we can get 5 turnovers in a game, we're not contenders.

If we're underdogs at home against bad teams, we're not contenders.
I just laid the trap for steelb to step into like I knew he would. He said 10 wins in 3 yrs makes the Texans a contender, yet he went to the Hoyer led Texans as a contender. 😆😆 . Contender status is as much as an eye test as it is wins.