Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr to Oakland?

Net passing yards. And beating Oakland last year wasn't much of an accomplishment they only won 2 games.

-5 net passing yards, meaning David got outplayed by Aaron Brooks. Aaron Brooks got cut from the Raiders... The Raiders are thinking of replacing Aaron Brooks with David Carr.

Priceless.

I understand brother... let it all out. It's okay to cry, real men cry. I feel your pain.

Seriously, I was like you once. I saw sparks of greatness the first two years, and couldn't believe some Houston Fans already wanted David gone.

I once honestly felt that it would be in David's best interest, to go to another team, and play for someone who wants him to succeed.

At that time, I was a casual fan. I didn't know a good QB from a bad QB 'till ESPN told me what I was looking at.

After watching some of the posters on this board, "listening" to their critique of David, and watching him play, I've come to the conclusion, that they're right, and David is not a good QB.

It doesn't matter what he can be. It doesn't matter why he isn't a good QB right now.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter.

It is past time for us to see good play from the QB position in Houston.

Maybe David needs just one more year to put it all together. Maybe he needs two more. Maybe three.

But the fact is, judging by his play in the month of December, he is not ready to compete in the NFL. IF he's on the field, it will be part of his development, and we'd hope for the best, that the rest of the team can carry him.

You're right, we haven't kept up our part of the bargain. We haven't made David a successful QB. You're right, the honorable thing to do, would be to keep David on the team, and continue to develop him as an NFL QB. It would be nice, if we could be the only honorable team in the NFL. And who knows, maybe the Texans will do that.

Does anybody remember Jeff Garcia in Cleveland, everybody said he was a bust. All of sudden he's on a good team and now we need him because he is great. I just don't see thing that way QB is a part of the team and is only as good as his team around him, DC is no different IMO .

-5 net passing yards, meaning David got outplayed by Aaron Brooks. Aaron Brooks got cut from the Raiders... The Raiders are thinking of replacing Aaron Brooks with David Carr.

Priceless.

No, -5 net passing yards means the Texans O-line got outplayed by the Raiders D-Line. Still not understanding football but spouting off like you do.

Priceless.

We beat the SuperBowl Champs..... we were the last team to beat the Superbowl champs... without a QB. What do you mean we aren't ready to compete??

Hey, whatever happened to the, "whatever Kubiak decides" attitude you had when he extended Carr's contract??

Maybe Gary Kubiak knows a thing or two about QBs.

And you don't.

I never said whatever Kubaik decides. You must be mistaking me for someone else. As far as Kubiak knowing a thing or 2 about QB's, he also said confidently that he was going to make Carr successful, remember.

"I'll find a way to make him successful because it's in him," Kubiak said. "I'm a David Carr fan. I like the skills he has. There is no reason that David shouldn't be a successful quarterback."

"I'll find a way to make him successful because it's in him," Kubiak said. "I'm a David Carr fan. I like the skills he has. There is no reason that David shouldn't be a successful quarterback."

That was before he had to sit through the torture of watching him week in and week out. More than one of us knew he would change his tune after 1 season.

BTW, why are you being so hard on Dunta? At least the guy has the balls to stand up and say what others have been wanting to say for a long time. Props to him.

I've seen several people mention, not just in this thread, Carr going to the Raiders as a good thing, or a good fit, or a great place for him to be and I just don't understand. They allowed like almost 30 more sacks than Houston did... I know that they have a few weapons (Dominic Rhodes, Porter, Moss, and possibly Calvin Johnson) there but with the oline how do you not see Carr in a similar situation as he was here in Houston? I thought the biggest gripe of all the Carr supporters was the oline.......

(I'm being serious with my comments no sarcasm intended and I would appreciate none in return. I would seriously like to understand why some people feel he'll benefit more in Oakland.)

That was before he had to sit through the torture of watching him week in and week out. More than one of us knew he would change his tune after 1 season.

BTW, why are you being so hard on Dunta? At least the guy has the balls to stand up and say what others have been wanting to say for a long time. Props to him.

I don't give props to anyone that throws their teammate under the bus. That is uncalled for and something that Carr has never done. Also Dunta's @$$ was burned far too often last year for him to be talking bad about anyone else's play. He should be more concerned with improving his play instead of assigning blame for the TEAM's struggles.

I've seen several people mention, not just in this thread, Carr going to the Raiders as a good thing, or a good fit, or a great place for him to be and I just don't understand. They allowed like almost 30 more sacks than Houston did... I know that they have a few weapons (Dominic Rhodes, Porter, Moss, and possibly Calvin Johnson) there but with the oline how do you not see Carr in a similar situation as he was here in Houston? I thought the biggest gripe of all the Carr supporters was the oline.......

(I'm being serious with my comments no sarcasm intended and I would appreciate none in return. I would seriously like to understand why some people feel he'll benefit better in Oakland.)

People say that because it is a good fit for us (Carr is gone) and we hopefully get another draft choice or a helpful player.

I don't give props to anyone that throws their teammate under the bus. That is uncalled for and something that Carr has never done. Also Dunta's @$$ was burned far too often last year for him to be talking bad about anyone else's play. He should be more concerned with improving his play instead of assigning blame for the TEAM's struggles.

I don't know. That defense (that Dunta is on) kept giving the offense the ball with an opportunity to cut a lead(didn't happen), gain a lead(didn't happen) extend a lead(didn't happen).

People say that because it is a good fit for us (Carr is gone) and we hopefully get another draft choice or a helpful player.

Actually, I was referring to several of the Carr supporters who have stated what I previously referenced. Not trying to be rude but after a long while of the same thing you really get a feel for who is who when it comes to supporters and those who aren't.

I didn't cheer my team to get beaten, only that Dunta get beaten for a TD, and tell me what is the difference between that and your dumb@$$ wearing a Vince Young jersey in your former avatar. I guess it is ok for a large number of people at Reliant Stadium to jump for joy as Vince Young runs for a game winning TD but it isn't ok for me to want to see Dunta eat his words while at the same time have the Texans win.

That is extremely fine line you are able to walk.

As for Carr possibly going to Oakland, hopefully for his sake they improve their O-line as well or else he is in for the same-old, same-old.

I don't know. That defense (that Dunta is on) kept giving the offense the ball with an opportunity to cut a lead(didn't happen), gain a lead(didn't happen) extend a lead(didn't happen).

I don't think he was talking about the defense he said Dunta.Kind of like people talking about DC and not the offense.

(I'm being serious with my comments no sarcasm intended and I would appreciate none in return. I would seriously like to understand why some people feel he'll benefit more in Oakland.)
yeah, their line isn't good. but....they'll try to fix it, i bet.

Guess what. Dunta's a texan and your throwing him under the bus wanting another team to score touchdowns on him. You should be concerned with supporting the texans...obviously your more concerned with being in the david carr support network. thats cool...go give him a man hug or something. you were probably one of those swell people cheering for us to lose the san francisco game so we could draft reggie. It will be a great day for these boards when all the carr fans leave and only the texans (and occasional dolphin) fans remain

adam schefter reports that the teams interested in carr is detriot, minn, cleveland, and miami...no mention of oakland...he also went on to say that it's more likely that carr will simply be released...this is all via NFL network

adam schefter reports that the teams interested in carr is detriot, minn, cleveland, and miami...no mention of oakland...he also went on to say that it's more likely that carr will simply be released...this is all via NFL network

was this today?

Guess what. Dunta's a texan and your throwing him under the bus wanting another team to score touchdowns on him. You should be concerned with supporting the texans...obviously your more concerned with being in the david carr support network. thats cool...go give him a man hug or something. you were probably one of those swell people cheering for us to lose the san francisco game so we could draft reggie. It will be a great day for these boards when all the carr fans leave and only the texans (and occasional dolphin) fans remain

The problem I have is DROB is part of the team that less say played poorly!!! And he's pointing out other players , Had Demeco said it would have been better ,but something tells me he has alot more class than that. If a player has a problem with a teammate it sould be taken care of in house. Going on the media and saying things like he said, makes me wonder what kind of team player he really is. I like DROB but now I have to wonder if he is going to have issues with other teammates if we don't start winning! The real pros know how to handle themselves. I can't imagne Jerry Rice bad talking someone on his team, thats why I've said alone that we need to build a team first then upgrade the QB . And yes I'm a real Texan fan and I think we just wasted some really good draft picks because some fans want change at the QB position no matter what the cost. They are the ones who are not real Texan fans,they just want to right. No matter what it cost this team!!! Possibly AP and I think a very good center Kaili, that would have done wonders for our off. now all we got is a back-up QB that we all hope pans out are we are going to look really bad. If AP ends up at Atlanta and so does Kaili they will laughing for years to come.

Ok... here is the deal.

I think Carr honestly can become a good QB, but he has a loss of confidence here in coachs, players, and fans. He also, if he has time, plays VERY well. The problem is that if he is rushed, this is where he runs into problems. I think being on this team, he hears footsteps or he has 'memories' of being pounded, something I feel that would disappear a bit on another team. He has alot to overcome but I dont think it cannot overcome it with a change of venue. I honestly believe with confidence of a team, and city AND being in a different house, I think he will be a very good QB. Just the year with Kub helped him because the former 4 years were not fair to David. He wasnt given a chance, wasnt given a mentor, and wasnt held accountable till Kub came here. He will need work, but he isnt hopeless.

JMO, don't count on NFL Football suddenly changing if Carr goes to another team. I know his fans expect him to flourish in a 'user friendly' environment but that doesn't exist in today's pro football. Last year, Brady had to make do with a 'patch work' rec corp and still got his team within 1 game of the SB--Manning lost his all-pro RB but made adjustments and got his first SB ring.

Carr's next NFL 'stop' will probably be a 'rude' awakening-no other team is going to 'baby sit' Carr like he's been done in Houston. I honestly believe David's 'rabid' fan base did him an in justice by making excuses for his failures, instead of expecting/demanding 'greatness' (or something similar) from him.

JMO, but constantly accepting his poor results by saying-for example-that even Manning or Brady would get the same results was a 'low' blow and certainly did not encourage Carr to do better. Those 2 players are self-motivated and believe they can make a 'difference.' Unfortunately, David does not think that way. Carr fed off the fan's excuses for his performance as a 'comfort zone,' never reaching a point where he felt threaten to do a better job.

In other words, you don't tell people like Manning and Brady they 'can't' do something and you don't 'coddle' them with excuses for losses, as they are all about winning. If the team loses-but they played great-it doesn't matter. Likewise, if the team wins-but their play wasn't that great-it doesn't matter. It's called 'whatever' it takes to win.'

Carr is not 'driven' to win and that is not something that can be trained or 'bought' at the store, either you have it or you don't. I'm not saying 'all' has been perfect for David in Houston but he has had a long 'leash.' Hopefully, he can suddenly acquire 'it' from within and 'raise' his play on the field instead of accepting the 'excuses' around him....JMO, but his next team is not going to wait very long for the 'wins' to come...

Hey moron, Dunta isn't my teammate. I'm a fan. I can't throw anyone under the bus.

JMO, don't count on NFL Football suddenly changing if Carr goes to another team. I know his fans expect him to flourish in a 'user friendly' environment but that doesn't exist in today's pro football. Last year, Brady had to make do with a 'patch work' rec corp and still got his team within 1 game of the SB--Manning lost his all-pro RB but made adjustments and got his first SB ring.

Brady had a 'patch work' recieving corps while Carr had a 'patch work' O-line. It is alot easier to play with bad recievers then a bad O-line.

Carr's next NFL 'stop' will probably be a 'rude' awakening-no other team is going to 'baby sit' Carr like he's been done in Houston. I honestly believe David's 'rabid' fan base did him an in justice by making excuses for his failures, instead of expecting/demanding 'greatness' (or something similar) from him.

JMO, but constantly accepting his poor results by saying-for example-that even Manning or Brady would get the same results was a 'low' blow and certainly did not encourage Carr to do better. Those 2 players are self-motivated and believe they can make a 'difference.'

You are delusional if you think your demanding greatness in a player serves as any kind of motivation for a player, and if you think being pummeled relentlessly for 5 years is being 'baby sat' then I fear for any children that you would 'baby sit'.

Unfortunately, David does not think that way. Carr fed off the fan's excuses for his performance as a 'comfort zone,' never reaching a point where he felt threaten to do a better job.

In other words, you don't tell people like Manning and Brady they 'can't' do something and you don't 'coddle' them with excuses for losses, as they are all about winning. If the team loses-but they played great-it doesn't matter. Likewise, if the team wins-but their play wasn't that great-it doesn't matter. It's called 'whatever' it takes to win.'

Carr is not 'driven' to win and that is not something that can be trained or 'bought' at the store, either you have it or you don't. I'm not saying 'all' has been perfect for David in Houston but he has had a long 'leash.' Hopefully, he can suddenly acquire 'it' from within and 'raise' his play on the field instead of accepting the 'excuses' around him....JMO, but his next team is not going to wait very long for the 'wins' to come...

This part is 100% unsubstantiated opinion on your part because there is no way that you know how David thinks.

Best sig ever!!

Back