Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr to Oakland?

I kind of hope some sort of deal goes through with oakland. i'm actually starting to like the raiders team again...they already have like the #3 overall defense...all they need if they get Carr and CJ is O-line help...they will be dangerous imo.
I'm really interested in what we would do with the QB situation. If Quinn falls to us I would almost guarantee that he's the pick. Like someone said...I truthfully don't see him falling to us. I hope we don't trade up for him either. This will be a very interesting next 5 weeks to say the least!
If you want to really muddy the waters with this Carr to Oakland talk,throw in
Quinn. Because Lance on 610 said this morning he has a friend who usually knows what the Raiders are doing and Lance saide this guys says the Rainders prefer Quinn over Russel.

Wellllllllll

If Oakland really wants Carr, they are wanting him for two reasons. First, he might be much better with a new team and enviroment (new confidence does wonders) and they would be in a position to pick up CJ. CJ is worth alot right now. So I say we do the deal and trade Carr for their 2nd rounder. Now before you all say, it wont happen. Consider this. The MAIN reason they want Carr is that they dont have to take a QB with thier first pick and use it on CJ. They would be getting a starting QB with experience AND the best player in the draft. This would leave us taking a QB or RB with the first pick (#8) AND we have the #33 and #41 picks as well. Sounds doable, its the most we could probably get out of Carr right now, AND everyone wins from this. They win a start QB, and starter WR. We will be in position to pick up Russell, Quinn, or AD (someone of these 3 will be there at #8) and get another 2nd round to fill holes.

There is no way that we get a 2nd round pick for Carr. The market was set last year when Harrington left Detroit for a 5th. Since Carr probably has a few more "excuses" about his performance, valid or not, he will probably at most fetch a third, but in my opinion, we'll only get an offer for a 4th.

Unfortunately, the teammates are undermining the management by making snide comments about Carr (robinson, ex-moulds, and allegedly Pitts this morning on the radio). This diminishes the value of Carr to others from a public perception standpoint and ultimately will result, to some degree, in lesser of a return via trade. As much as management and the MB would like a 2nd... the actions of recent point to the Texans posturing a possible release and trashing of character in the locker room, and diminishing his trade value.

And that is what I believe has been holding up this David Carr saga...

They weren't going to bring him back if they signed Plummer or Garcia...

I really felt like they were desperate when they brought in Ramsey...

Unsure, whether or not Quinn will be there at eight...don't really want to give up too much to get him...

They're kind of stuck...

It depends on how much they want to get rid of David. If they wanted to...they could get Plummers right's from Tampa....If they wanted to, they could move up for Quinn or Russel....

My guess is that the Texans are slow playing it, hoping to get the QB situation under control with either a move up, or a trade for a Vet. But I think that if neither one of those options materialize Carr will still be gone and they'll do something desperate like signing Drew Bledsoe, or trading for a veteran back up...

Just thinking outloud...

I'm not saying he is the answer but if they want a vet that knows the system..I think there is a real possibiity that the pick they get through a Carr deal or a trade down could be used to throw at TB for the rights to Plummer to see if he will unretire.(I'm sure there would have to be affirmations to this in order to give up a pick) The whole thing seemed "sour" to me. He wants to come here. Kubes seemed to want him here. He goes to TB. Pissed off he retires and TB is sitting with his rights and a team full of QBs. Overall I think the concept of luring him here is still out there.

A little bird tells me.:) Oakland wants Carr pretty bad so that they can draft Calvin Johnson. I also have heard that a deal is ready to go but the Texans are dragging their feet (shocker), cause all the deals with Plummer, Garcia and Ramsey did not go through, so they are not going to deal untill they know they have a QB. AND for all that want Carr gone.............The Raiders said that they will not wait untill the draft for Houston to make up their minds, they want it done before hand. I also heard that the Texans do not really want to trade him but feel they kind have to.
So like usuall dont shoot the messanger, but believe what you like.
Thanks for the insight, I find it hard to beleive that people attack a post like this when it isn't farfetched, was told to take it for what its worth, and has an actual source behind it.

I'm not saying he is the answer but if they want a vet that knows the system..I think there is a real possibiity that the pick they get through a Carr deal or a trade down could be used to throw at TB for the rights to Plummer to see if he will unretire.(I'm sure there would have to be affirmations to this in order to give up a pick) The whole thing seemed "sour" to me. He wants to come here. Kubes seemed to want him here. He goes to TB. Pissed off he retires and TB is sitting with his rights and a team full of QBs. Overall I think the concept of luring him here is till out there.

That whole ordeal was kind of odd. Personally, I'd use whatever pick we'd receive for Carr and throw it in for the Schaub sweepstakes. I think it's a huge reach, but it's worth a shot. IMO, Atlanta's killing Schaubs football career. I'm not a huge fan of giving up draft picks, but we're going to have to do something in order to get an NFL worthy QB in here.:)

Thanks for the insight, I find it hard to beleive that people attack a post like this when it isn't farfetched, was told to take it for what its worth, and has an actual source behind it.

And it is the same people everytime, makes me laugh, what was it I said in the 1st post?

And who would this little bird be? Is the info tweety bird true? Or is it pterodactyl true? In other words, is your source worth a flip?:)
his source is as good as any of the other "experts" or "insiders" around here. rarely have i ever seen something that people post as a credible rumor around here come true, other than the blanket "my guy says carr will get traded" or "bush WILL be drafted by the Texans" type stuff. i dont believe it until i see the official release from the team. until then it's all conjecture.

I would do spit my oatmeal out my nose if they get a 2nd for Carr. He's not worth more than a conditional mid round pick at the very best and that's being generous. On top of that, you have issues with the contract vs. performance. If we can fleece Al like he fleeced CC with Pbuc, I will be one happy camper.

As far as I am concerned they can trade him for a box of crackerjacks even with no suprise inside. I consider getting anything more for him a bonus. It's addition by subtraction in my book.

If he goes there, watching their games should at least provide some comedic relief. It should be funny watching him sack himself on someone else's team and run around like a chicken being chased by a fox in the henhouse.

A little bird tells me.:) Oakland wants Carr pretty bad so that they can draft Calvin Johnson. I also have heard that a deal is ready to go but the Texans are dragging their feet (shocker), cause all the deals with Plummer, Garcia and Ramsey did not go through, so they are not going to deal untill they know they have a QB. AND for all that want Carr gone.............The Raiders said that they will not wait untill the draft for Houston to make up their minds, they want it done before hand. I also heard that the Texans do not really want to trade him but feel they kind have to.
So like usuall dont shoot the messanger, but believe what you like.

This is my last post, I am done, I will look in from time to time and see who we pick up but as far as discussions go I am done.

Just to stop anymore of this David Carr stuff and him not comming back and might be traded JUNK that was assummed by the fans and started by the media, I want to say is a flat out lie and not true.

I could go on and on, but to let the cat out of the bag I am VERY close to Carr and HE WILL BE BACK AS THE STARTER next season, they are going to get him a line and a RB. So take it for what you think, if you think I am lying fine but dont be shocked when he is starting next season as well, he is not going anywere, the Players love him, Gary loves him and Mr.McNair loves him.

To quote Steve McKinney, "David Carr cant do this by himself, he is not a one man show."

Beating the Colts and Carr making that play to get them into field possition was GREAT! One of the better moments of being a Texan fan, ranks up there at #2, #1 being the Cowboys game.

Anyways just to kill all this stuff/junk flying around Carr will be back next season as the starter, I dont care what ANY OF YOU hear from the media or read in the papers, cause well they want a story to write about, they want a QB contoversy, they want a Reggie or Vince part 2, I beg you to not buy into it and dont turn into fly by night fans, accept who is on the field and wish them the best. Like they said in the movie Hoosiers..........."I hope you will cheer for who we are not for who we are not."

Anyways I just wanted to say I care about all you guys, I really do pray for all you guys and your families every day, Merry Late Christmas, Happy Birthdays all around, and anything else I missed.

Last thing I believe that Carr is going to take this team to the Playoffs next season, and he will have his best year next year................All I ever wanted for my brother was a chance, with a reall line and some players around him, just a chance to see what he can really do, with guys like Eli, Ben, Rivers, Romo and all the other succesful QBs have in the NFL they all got big time HBs WRs Pro Bowl Lineman and TEs, some even have top rated Defenses, You all saw what he can do when he is upright and DEs dont have their Ears pinned back and he has a running game, Not sacked and No turnovers in games he is 3-0 not bad.

I just wrote this cause I am done and I wanted to let you know he will be back next season as the starter. I did not want another Offseason like last, SO you can BELIEVE ME OR not, But I would lean towards Believeing me, it will make your off season a lot less stressfull!

Anyways thanks everyone and God Bless, have fun and be nice to each other remeber you all want the same thing and that should be to have a winning ball club, just be patient and dont eat each others throats.

Peace, and God Bless.............DC75

Which one do I believe?

There is no way that we get a 2nd round pick for Carr. The market was set last year when Harrington left Detroit for a 5th. Since Carr probably has a few more "excuses" about his performance, valid or not, he will probably at most fetch a third, but in my opinion, we'll only get an offer for a 4th.

Unfortunately, the teammates are undermining the management by making snide comments about Carr (robinson, ex-moulds, and allegedly Pitts this morning on the radio). This diminishes the value of Carr to others from a public perception standpoint and ultimately will result, to some degree, in lesser of a return via trade. As much as management and the MB would like a 2nd... the actions of recent point to the Texans posturing a possible release and trashing of character in the locker room, and diminishing his trade value.

I understand what you are saying, but I dont think you understand what I am saying. They would not be giving us a Second round for Carr alone, but for Carr (filling their massive need at QB AND CJ) AND CJ. CJ is worth losing a second round imo if you can secure him and satisfy your QB situation. Moss wants someone with quality at QB and has made a lovely blank of himself making it known. This would satisfy everyone and make both teams better. I think they would give up a second to have both positions filled.

Teams break film down to form their opinions....they don't base their talent evaluations around popularity contests. Carr's talent is what it is...I can't believe we are making excuses about his trade worth too. What is it about Carr that makes people want to bust into excuses? Unreal stuff.

A little bird tells me.:) Oakland wants Carr pretty bad so that they can draft Calvin Johnson.

I agree, Clevelans is falling more and more in love with BQ so im not sure if he will get past them. Im scared if Sage is going to be our started for the entire season next year.

does that mean with the 8th pick of the 2007 draft, Houston selects....

JAMARCUS RUSSELL!!:wild: :yahoo: :drool:

a bit farfetch'd yes but i can dream

ps. we cant get a 2nd rounder for carr because the nfl inserted an al davis senility clause in the CBA last yr...the trade would be voided

Off topic but this statement cracks me up. Like going into a 6th year with Carr was any less tenuous?..lol

The point of this season is to hold ground while having a guy in training. Sage is a hard worker that helped game plan last year. I like the fit. JMO

So then I shouldn't purchase the NFL ticket this year on Direct TV to watch the Texans since it's a practice year.

All I'm asking for is an upgrade at the QB position, Sage is not it.

Teams break film down to form their opinions....they don't base their talent evaluations around popularity contests. Carr's talent is what it is...I can't believe we are making excuses about his trade worth too. What is it about Carr that makes people want to bust into excuses? Unreal stuff.

Unless your name is Charley Casserly. :hunter:

So then I shouldn't purchase the NFL ticket this year on Direct TV to watch the Texans since it's a practice year.

Practice year? I would rather they practice at being good than being perfect at stinking with Carr. I guess you prefer that.

Why the hell NOT, SES? With Carr as QB, you pretty much know how things will go based upon the last 5 years. With another QB, including Sage, you don't really know, so why the negative outlook? Your assumption that Sage, or any other QB that Kubes puts in, is going to instantly suck is weak.

Buy the NFL ticket and sit back and relax.

If Oakland is offering their 3rd round pick I would take it and RUN, and worry about my QB later. Worst case scenario Sage starts this year and that's not that bad.

AND, if Oakland then takes Johnson at #1 there is a higher probability Quinn or Russell falls to us at #8.

So add the 1st pick of the 3rd round, add our QB of the future, dump Carr!

Sounds like a WIN, WIN, WIN situation to me.

Which is exactly why I think these rumors are false.

Rick Smith would have made that deal in a heartbeat...

My guess is that the Texans are slow playing it, hoping to get the QB situation under control with either a move up, or a trade for a Vet before they deal Carr. But I think that if neither one of those options materialize Carr will still be gone and they'll do something desperate like signing Drew Bledsoe, or trading for a veteran back up...

Just thinking outloud...

wow, a voice of reason and not a bunch of apologists whining and making excuses for Carr's pathetic NFL career.

xtru, that is exactly what is going down

I understand what you are saying, but I dont think you understand what I am saying. They would not be giving us a Second round for Carr alone, but for Carr (filling their massive need at QB AND CJ) AND CJ. CJ is worth losing a second round imo if you can secure him and satisfy your QB situation. Moss wants someone with quality at QB and has made a lovely blank of himself making it known. This would satisfy everyone and make both teams better. I think they would give up a second to have both positions filled.

do you understand that Oakland has the #1 pick. They can get CJ if they want him. They dont need to give up a 2nd round for him..that is just retarded logic

If Oakland is offering their 3rd round pick I would take it and RUN, and worry about my QB later. Worst case scenario Sage starts this year and that's not that bad.

AND, if Oakland then takes Johnson at #1 there is a higher probability Quinn or Russell falls to us at #8.

So add the 1st pick of the 3rd round, add our QB of the future, dump Carr!

Sounds like a WIN, WIN, WIN situation to me.

Which is exactly why I think these rumors are false.

Rick Smith would have made that deal in a heartbeat...

i wouldnt go that far...personally i think carr is done here and am ok if we can get anything half-decent for him..
however i dont want sage as our only option- i have some faith in sage but what happens if we trade carr, JR and BQ are gone at #8(likely)...we dont get any1 else capable of helping
then sometime next season sage gets hurt and we end up trying to plug BVP, Porter and Journeyman X into our qb spot...
i think we might be hearing more about plummer soon if this trade is legitimate

Well, at least some of us so called "homers" (which I am really NOT..., btw) are not filled with hate! Hate is whats so pathetic.

Props to QB75.

what have the last 5 years been? some of you carr homers are just pathetic

Exactly...

Like it wasn't a problem paying for 2-14 and 6-10 the past two years but if we change QB's you have to think about re-newing your leauge pass...

Again.....5 yrs of losing = not a problem, open check book

Change of QB = No longer supporting the team

Carr over all else should be our motto.

Yeah...that makes perfect sense.

...as are all of the Carr haters. But you just don't get it.

to the contrary, i do get it. you see, I am not a fan of one player. I am a fan of a team. you are a fan of a very bad football player. one you have been making lame excuses for for over 4 years. once he goes, I sure hope you and your parade of excuses leave with him. and you wont be missed, trust me.

championing the biggest loser QB in the history of the NFL (cant be argued, its a fact) is something that I just dont understand. maybe you like him cause he is cute. maybe you like him because he prays to the same God as you. maybe you like him because you are ignorant. who knows. maybe its all of the above. I just know he needs to go and for all I care you and the rest of the ignorant Carr homers/apologists can go with him. have fun in beautiful oakland.....

Well, at least some of us so called "homers" (which I am really NOT..., btw) are not filled with hate! Hate is whats so pathetic.

Props to QB75.

hate? the only thing I hate is seeing our team lose for 5 years straight. some of you guys just want to bear Carr's child or something...pathetic

I didn't say "practice year" but sometimes as a fan you have to be realistic.,,I know that is hard for some concerning certain players, etc. The reality is that the NFL is based on making the playoffs. If you want an honest fan opinion I don't think we are making it. I'm hoping for the .500 range. Doesn't mean I cheer any less. I just have realistic expectations.

As far as Sage goes all I have heard is how is came back from his injury and helped game plan. I heard he is great with teammates and knows the system. He looked pretty good in spot duty. There is nothing that leads me to believe he can't handle the duties. Here is what I find funny about all of this talk...if Romo hadn't of played last year and someone said we could have him right now, the rallying cry would be "why would we want a 3rd stringer and career backup." Yet I saw posts after this season that said Dallas could afford to bench Bledsoe, etc because they had Romo. No one knew what he was capable of and he was a career backup. People need to make up their mind...can backups get the shot and play or are people going to say they knew all along when a guy finally gets his shot. You don't know how the guy will do.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=37045

So...if this rumor comes to fruition and then Carr gets traded to Oakland, who's going to tell Hulk that they were wrong?

This makes Hulk's bird info seem a whole lot more realistic, I reckon.

i dont think anyone is saying Hulk is wrong. if anything, we are agreeing with him. i think Oakland makes the most sense for Carr especially with Calvin Johnson there available at #1. Hulk is just a brother and probably knows as much about football as anyone on this forum, its just he is a little biased with his Carr takes and I can't imagine why :)

it's these homer trolls that are a joke. threatening to cancel your NFL Sunday Ticket because your team makes a move at QB after 5 years of losing football?!?!? I don't know if I was more surprised that he was cancelling his Sunday Ticket or that they had electricity in El Paso.

Props to QB75.

The hate argument is so tired when it has been explained ad naseum. Please put it back with your acid washed jeans and parachute shorts.(no offense to those of you still wearing them)

Hulk...it looks like David will have a new team. Send him my regards and thank him for everything he did for our team including coming in as a rookie and putting his body on the line for us.

Best of luck to David Carr as long as he's not playing against Houston.

to the contrary, i do get it. you see, I am not a fan of one player. I am a fan of a team. you are a fan of a very bad football player. one you have been making lame excuses for for over 4 years. once he goes, I sure hope you and your parade of excuses leave with him. and you wont be missed, trust me.

championing the biggest loser QB in the history of the NFL (cant be argued, its a fact) is something that I just dont understand. maybe you like him cause he is cute. maybe you like him because he prays to the same God as you. maybe you like him because you are ignorant. who knows. maybe its all of the above. I just know he needs to go and for all I care you and the rest of the ignorant Carr homers/apologists can go with him. have fun in beautiful oakland.....

I am just curious but this seems like the only subject you post in, hating on Carr and actually not having anything else to say. Carr sucks, K-thanks we got that. You do not like him, k-thanks we got that (the first 400 times you posted it). You are not a solution oriented person at all. You seriously need to get over it and try and be just a little more civil.

:deadhorse

i dont think anyone is saying Hulk is wrong. if anything, we are agreeing with him. i think Oakland makes the most sense for Carr especially with Calvin Johnson there available at #1. Hulk is just a brother and probably knows as much about football as anyone on this forum, its just he is a little biased with his Carr takes and I can't imagine why :)

it's these homer trolls that are a joke. threatening to cancel your NFL Sunday Ticket because your team makes a move at QB after 5 years of losing football?!?!? I don't know if I was more surprised that he was cancelling his Sunday Ticket or that they had electricity in El Paso.

LOL, I shot chicken noodle soup out of my nose!

I think Carr to Oakland would be a good move for the Texans. I brought up a scenario in another post about trading Carr to Oakland for Porter if he was still in disfavor from last year. Since then I have heard that the new staff has no problems with Porter so it seems this particular trade would not be possible. One positive to a trade with Oakland is that they would most like chose CJ 1st which means a QB falls. Cleveland could then possibly go QB which then increases the likelyhood that Peterson making it to 8. With Peterson I think we could live with a lesser QB and I would not have a problem giving Sage a shot. I also believe Rattay is a FA and would have no problem seeing what he could do as a stop gap until we actually have a true QB of the future option. I don't have a lot of faith in BQ so I would prefer not going that route.

I am just curious but this seems like the only subject you post in, hating on Carr and actually not having anything else to say. Carr sucks, K-thanks we got that. You do not like him, k-thanks we got that (the first 400 times you posted it). You are not a solution oriented person at all. You seriously need to get over it and try and be just a little more civil.

:deadhorse

if you think its the only topic I post on, then you obviously only read Carr threads...but whatever, Specnatz called me out as being a hater...oh noes

run to the hills

....i wont be losing any sleep

If the O-Line liked Carr... Then they will love Drew "The Statue" Bledsoe!

LOL...You don't get it do you ?

It's no longer about who they bring in...

It's merely about getting rid of Carr...

That's why they wen't after their best options first (Plummer, Garcia)...

That didn't work....so there was talk about Trent Green, Damon Huard, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb...freaking Patrick Ramsey and every QB under the sun...

You can't see the writting on the wall ?

It's no coincidence that our name has been mentioned with every QB that's been available, and some that aren't...It's no coincidence that there has been speculation about Quinn, and every other QB behind him...

THEY WANT CARR GONE, WHETHER IT BE FOR P.R. OR HIS PLAY ON THE FIELD......BUT IT'S MOST LIKELY A COMBINATION OF BOTH.

do you understand that Oakland has the #1 pick. They can get CJ if they want him. They dont need to give up a 2nd round for him..that is just retarded logic

Apparently you cant read posts. Maybe you should try reading an entire post or two before you speak/write. It would help make you look better then you do now. No **** Captain Obvious. The PROBLEM is that they need a QB worse then they need a awesome WR right now, and thier current WR's would hit the fan (which they have round about said) if they dont get some help at the QB position. SO.... This means they have a better chance at taking a QB unless they can get someone to fill the void and take CJ. Read for once before you speak...

Practice year? I would rather they practice at being good than being perfect at stinking with Carr. I guess you prefer that.

I prefer an upgrade at the postion. I would have been happy with either Plummer or Garcia, but Sage isn't it. He was handed the Jags game and couldn't do squat.

LOL...You don't get it do you ?

It's no longer about who they bring in...

It's merely about getting rid of Carr...

That's why they wen't after their best options first (Plummer, Garcia)...

That didn't work, there was talk about Trent Green, Damon Huard, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb...freaking Patrick Ramsey and every QB under the sun...

You can't see the writting on the wall ?

It's no coincidence that our name has been mentioned with every QB that's been available, and some that aren't...It's no coincidence that there has been speculation about Quinn, and every other QB behind him...

THEY WANT CARR GONE, WHETHER IT BE FOR P.R. OR HIS PLAY ON THE FIELD......BUT IT'S MOST LIKELY A COMBINATION OF BOTH.

Wow I didn't mean to get you all excited xtru. If Drew is your answer then more power to you, but he just might be the one starting calibre QB in this league that is worse than Carr at this stage of his career.

Why the hell NOT, SES? With Carr as QB, you pretty much know how things will go based upon the last 5 years. With another QB, including Sage, you don't really know, so why the negative outlook? Your assumption that Sage, or any other QB that Kubes puts in, is going to instantly suck is weak.

Buy the NFL ticket and sit back and relax.

Oh come now, you know I'm going to get it anyways....even if Casserly was here.

The point was that I really didn't see anything out of Sage that made me go "wow". I just want an upgrade at the postion and thought that Plummer would be a good fit, it's obvious that the coaching staff doesn't want to go the year with Sage at the helm.

Thanks Hulk for the post. If a trade happens, I hope it works out great for him there. He does have fans here in Houston who appreciate his courage, his toughness, his class and yes even now his leadership for not mouthing off at any of his team mates in the media (unlike #23).

Thanks for the post Hulk. I wish y'all well what ever happens. Has to have been difficult for your family. Houston just loves to hate it's QBs. I truly wish it would have worked out better for everyone.

Oh come now, you know I'm going to get it anyways....even if Casserly was here.

The point was that I really didn't see anything out of Sage that made me go "wow". I just want an upgrade at the postion and thought that Plummer would be a good fit, it's obvious that the coaching staff doesn't want to go the year with Sage at the helm.

Agreed: Sage, Quinn whoever, will just be the next in a very long list of guys who gets tied to the whipping post in Houston. Real easy to judas goat folks when you have people arguing in here that Salaam and Black are long term answers and high end NFL tallent in here. Said it before , will not be shocked if DC makes it to the super bowl before the Texans.

Back