Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr to Oakland?

Hulk75

Veteran
A little bird tells me.:) Oakland wants Carr pretty bad so that they can draft Calvin Johnson. I also have heard that a deal is ready to go but the Texans are dragging their feet (shocker), cause all the deals with Plummer, Garcia and Ramsey did not go through, so they are not going to deal untill they know they have a QB. AND for all that want Carr gone.............The Raiders said that they will not wait untill the draft for Houston to make up their minds, they want it done before hand. I also heard that the Texans do not really want to trade him but feel they kind have to.
So like usuall dont shoot the messanger, but believe what you like.

A little bird tells me.:) Oakland wants Carr pretty bad so that they can draft Calvin Johnson. I also have heard that a deal is ready to go but the Texans are dragging their feet (shocker), cause all the deals with Plummer, Garcia and Ramsey did not go through, so they are not going to deal untill they know they have a QB. AND for all that want Carr gone.............The Raiders said that they will not wait untill the draft for Houston to make up their minds, they want it done before hand. I also heard that the Texans do not really want to trade him but feel they kind have to.

You know what Oakland is willing to give us for David?...

EDIT:NEVERMIND

If David could throw to Moss and Calvin and Porter and toss to Lamont Jordan and Dominic Rhodes, it'd go a long way towards showing what David can do with more than one offensive weapon. If this happens, I wish him the best of luck unless he's playing the Texans. :)

Jerry Porter???? There's a WR2.

Sounds about right. Thanks for the info.

hey thanks hulk for the post, if david does go I hope he goes on and has a very succesfull career. I think he will get a fresh start.

Is this one of the 20 teams after him?Just wondering. I'm sure the Texans have a gun to their head and can't stand to part with him. Kubiak and his teammates seem like they really are at a loss:rolleyes: Anyways, thanks for the info. I thought you had said earlier that he would be here..good to hear this info. Either way, both parties are better off split up.

BTW, I'm convinced that the minute we get some extra picks..whether it is through Carr or the draft...we will persue Plummer's rights. Just my thoughts.

If David could throw to Moss and Calvin and Porter and toss to Lamont Jordan and Dominic Rhodes, it'd go a long way towards showing what David can do with more than one offensive weapon. If this happens, I wish him the best of luck unless he's playing the Texans. :)

Jerry Porter???? There's a WR2.

Not unless they fix their O-line...:lightbulb:

Is this one of the 20 teams after him?Just wondering. I'm sure the Texans have a gun to their head and can't stand to part with him. Kubiak and his teammates seem like they really are at a loss:rolleyes: Anyways, thanks for the info. I thought you had said earlier that he would be here..good to hear this info. Either way, both parties are better off split up.

Thanks for not being a jack ass 24 hours a day.

And so you cant stop throwing the 20 team thing around. YES 20 teams called about and asked what the price for him was, a lot of teams were not going to part with what the Texans wanted at the beggining.

I am not surprised by the possibility of Carr going to Oakland. It just brings up the same question that has been asked many times before, what is Oakland willing to give us for him.

I am convinced that regardless of how sweet the deal, Oakland does not want to give up the #1 overall pick. Calvin Johnson would almost be a lock for Oakland at this point.

Is Carr for Moss a possibility? This would be interesting to say the least.

Thanks Hulk for the post. If a trade happens, I hope it works out great for him there. He does have fans here in Houston who appreciate his courage, his toughness, his class and yes even now his leadership for not mouthing off at any of his team mates in the media (unlike #23).

And who would this little bird be? Is the info tweety bird true? Or is it pterodactyl true? In other words, is your source worth a flip?:)

A little bird tells me.:) Oakland wants Carr pretty bad so that they can draft Calvin Johnson.
Well you've been saying that all along, I for one thinks it's the best place for him. I just hope they have a good Qb coach and improve their Oline aswell.
Either way.. I hope the best for your Brother and the Texans.

If Kubes thinks Sage has NFL "start-ability" why not pull the trigger on the deal. I recall on several occasions Kubes saying he believed Sage could be a started in this league. If that statement is true, do the deal. Draft a young QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and groom him to be your new franchise QB. Seems like a simple solution if the rumor is true and if Kubes honestly believes in Sage's skills.

I guess the only thing that should be compromising the deal is what Oakland is willing to give up.

J

Thanks for not being a jack ass 24 hours a day.And so you cant stop throwing the 20 team thing around. YES 20 teams called about and asked what the price for him was, a lot of teams were not going to part with what the Texans wanted at the beggining.

Sorry Hulk, it was too easy.:)

As far as your bro goes, I'm one of the people who has said along that I want him gone but not out of hate but because the team and he would have better chances at success without each other. I'm not sure how good he can be and I have doubts about his ability but he'd have a better shot out of this town. So I'm no ass. Maybe a big smart ass here and there but not a ass...lol

Overall I'd be really happy with this. Maybe other teams are involved....like the Pack.

Houston just needs to get it done. Kubiak has obviously given up on David after one year in his system. Good job QB guru. Just get it done, so David can have a new start. With the Texans history I have a feeling they will find some way to jack it up.

If Kubes thinks Sage has NFL "start-ability" why not pull the trigger on the deal. I recall on several occasions Kubes saying he believed Sage could be a started in this league. If that statement is true, do the deal. Draft a young QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and groom him to be your new franchise QB. Seems like a simple solution if the rumor is true and if Kubes honestly believes in Sage's skills.

I guess the only thing that should be compromising the deal is what Oakland is willing to give up.

J

My guess is because we will not have a legitmate #2 at this stage if we let go of Carr and only have Sage. I know we picked up a guy last year, but is he a real #2 QB?

Good God, if go into the season with Sage Rosenfels as our QB we are in a heap of trouble.

Oakland is probably the right team for Carr. They are notorious for giving players 2nd chances and the fans eat that up.

Brady Quinn...come on down!

That seems to be more and more like reality. Sage may be able to carry our offense for a few games, but I don't think he is the answer for the 07 season much less for the long term.

But this would also have to include a possibility of trading up somewhere, there is no way that the Texans front office can just expect him to slide to us at #8.

That seems to be more and more like reality. Sage may be able to carry our offense for a few games, but I don't think he is the answer for the 07 season much less for the long term.

But this would also have to include a possibility of trading up somewhere, there is no way that the Texans front office can just expect him to slide to us at #8.

If he doesn't slide, then expect someone like Drew Stanton, Kevin Kolb, Beck or Trent Edwards (who wowed scouts at the Stanford pro-day) to be our drafted QB.

Good God, if go into the season with Sage Rosenfels as our QB we are in a heap of trouble.

Oakland is probably the right team for Carr. They are notorious for giving players 2nd chances and the fans eat that up.

Off topic but this statement cracks me up. Like going into a 6th year with Carr was any less tenuous?..lol

The point of this season is to hold ground while having a guy in training. Sage is a hard worker that helped game plan last year. I like the fit. JMO

I agree, Clevelans is falling more and more in love with BQ so im not sure if he will get past them. Im scared if Sage is going to be our started for the entire season next year.

In my opinion, if Carr ends up in Oakland; they draft Calvin Johnson and somewhat upgrade their offensive line, I think they will have a better record than the Texans this upcoming season...

That being said, I agree that the Texans have to move Carr - my only concern is Sage without any quality backup. I don't think Quinn will last until #8.

I know he is. That doesn't necessarily mean his source is worth a crud. For all I know, he's blowing smoke up everyones arses. Kind of like the 20 teams that called inquiring about Carr.:)

You are right, his source may or may not be very reliable, but I'll take any speculation from Hulk75 on the occurances of David Carr over anyone else on these boards.

I know he is. That doesn't necessarily mean his source is worth a crud. For all I know, he's blowing smoke up everyones arses. Kind of like the 20 teams that called inquiring about Carr.:)

Why don't you tell us exactly how many teams called about Carr. What's that? You don't have a clue? So why ridcule someone that actually might have a clue?

You do have a point though, if I was Carr's brother and kept getting ridiculed by you and your frog buddy I would post some BS every once and awhile.:)

You are right, his source may or may not be very reliable, but I'll take any speculation from Hulk75 on the occurances of David Carr over anyone else on these boards.

OK....but I won't. There are several other posters that frequent this board that are "in the know" that I'll listen to first.:)

Why don't you tell us exactly how many teams called about Carr. What's that? You don't have a clue? So why ridcule someone that actually might have a clue?

You do have a point though, if I was Carr's brother and kept getting ridiculed by you and your frog buddy I would post some BS every once and awhile.:)

Please leave me out of your childish rants. I rarely talk to Hulk and actually, if you read my posts, have been nice about the bro, despite wanting him gone. Just step back. The only reason "20 team" smack gets talked about is because it was thrown out and then people listed the teams that would need a QB. I don't fault a bro for wanting to pump up his flesh and blood but it doesn't mean people have to trust the source. Usually these talks happen between agents/GMS/teams and between players and agents.

Can we draft CJ?

Not to Oakland!!!!!!!!

Walter or what ever his name is, was on pace to break the sack record b/f he got pulled.

Give Carr a line!

A caller just talked about this thread on 610. Said Carr's brother said that Oakland wants Carr. John said that that rumor's been out there.

I kind of hope some sort of deal goes through with oakland. i'm actually starting to like the raiders team again...they already have like the #3 overall defense...all they need if they get Carr and CJ is O-line help...they will be dangerous imo.

I'm really interested in what we would do with the QB situation. If Quinn falls to us I would almost guarantee that he's the pick. Like someone said...I truthfully don't see him falling to us. I hope we don't trade up for him either. This will be a very interesting next 5 weeks to say the least!

If he doesn't slide, then expect someone like Drew Stanton, Kevin Kolb, Beck or Trent Edwards (who wowed scouts at the Stanford pro-day) to be our drafted QB.

Nope...

It's either a first rd. QB, or a Vet and one of the guys you mentioned...

We aren't going to go into the camp with Kolb, and Sage...or any of those other guys + Sage....

Even if you think Sage can get it done, you'd basically be living on a hope and prayer that he doesn't get injured because all of thsoe guys would likely be horrible being thrown into the fire their first year...

If we get Quinn we can afford to not have another vet.

It's pretty simple looking at how the Texans have gone about this.

They definitely want David gone but they either need a first rd. QB or a Vet + a 2nd tier QB who they can look at as the possible "future".

IMO, one of those two options will happen and David won't be a Texan next year.

Nope...

We aren't going to go into the camp with Kolb, and Sage...or any of those other guys + Sage....

Even if you think Sage can get it done, you'd basically be living on a hope and prayer that he doesn't get injured because all of thsoe guys would likely be horrible being thrown into the fire their first year...

They definitely want David gone but they either need a first rd. QB or a Vet + a 2nd tier QB who they can look at as the possible "future".

I've also read that because of Stantons pro day he is moving up in the 2nd round. I'm not even sure we would take the guy to be groomed that high(if it isn't a 1st rounder)That would lead me to believe that it would be a Kolb or another in the 3rd or so.

Nope...

So long as that vet isn't Aaron Brooks and I will be fine.

I'll bet they've been having these talks with oakland for a while and that's why they rushed in Ramsey...kinda coming together now...coincidence? maybe. lol

Wellllllllll

If Oakland really wants Carr, they are wanting him for two reasons. First, he might be much better with a new team and enviroment (new confidence does wonders) and they would be in a position to pick up CJ. CJ is worth alot right now. So I say we do the deal and trade Carr for their 2nd rounder. Now before you all say, it wont happen. Consider this. The MAIN reason they want Carr is that they dont have to take a QB with thier first pick and use it on CJ. They would be getting a starting QB with experience AND the best player in the draft. This would leave us taking a QB or RB with the first pick (#8) AND we have the #33 and #41 picks as well. Sounds doable, its the most we could probably get out of Carr right now, AND everyone wins from this. They win a start QB, and starter WR. We will be in position to pick up Russell, Quinn, or AD (someone of these 3 will be there at #8) and get another 2nd round to fill holes.

Nope...

Like there is a plethora of quality vets just sitting around out there waiting to get signed. You have to choose from the menu.

Wellllllllll

AND everyone wins from this. They win a start QB, and starter WR. We will be in position to pick up Russell, Quinn, or AD (someone of these 3 will be there at #8) and get another 2nd round to fill holes.

Amen! This would be a fantastic deal for both sides. At that stage, I wonder if the Texans would use that second rounder to move up a couple of spots to ensure either AP, Thomas or Quinn??

Like there is a plethora of quality vets just sitting around out there waiting to get signed. You have to choose from the menu.

And that is what I believe has been holding up this David Carr saga...

They weren't going to bring him back if they signed Plummer or Garcia...

I really felt like they were desperate when they brought in Ramsey...

Unsure, whether or not Quinn will be there at eight...don't really want to give up too much to get him...

They're kind of stuck...

It depends on how much they want to get rid of David. If they wanted to...they could get Plummers right's from Tampa....If they wanted to, they could move up for Quinn or Russel....

My guess is that the Texans are slow playing it, hoping to get the QB situation under control with either a move up, or a trade for a Vet before they deal Carr. But I think that if neither one of those options materialize Carr will still be gone and they'll do something desperate like signing Drew Bledsoe, or trading for a veteran back up...

Just thinking outloud...

Back