Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Brian Gaine Fired

Nobody is going to hire a 3 time alcoholic failure.

Failure?

He built the 49ers/Seahawks/Lost a power play with Allen and told the Browns to draft Mayfield.

I will mix this guy a drink myself.

I can guarantee you if Williams becomes available and McCloughan is GM, if Cletus stays out of the way Williams will be a Texan. Which is why McCloughan will never be GM of the Texans.

Thing I cant figure out is, Gaine wasn't building the team the way I would have, but to save Cletus all that $$$$ and to be let go, Gaine must've had some very bad pics taken of him, or welcome back the Godfather.

#Texans wanted to interview Eagles Joe Douglas but were denied. Now Douglas is interviewing for the Jets GM opening. Wonder if the Texans hurry up and try again.

— patrick (@PatDStat) June 7, 2019

There is one thing I was told when Cal McNair took over. McNair has little patience for mistakes and more willing to cut bait when things are not right. #Texans

We can only hope this is true.

Also Douglas would be a great hire.

I am starting to like Cal's way of thinking. BOB better be good or next yr there will be a new HC.

— patrick (@PatDStat) June 7, 2019

No one mentioning Chris Olsen as candidate and he has worked closely with both Smith and Gaine. He also got team out of cap hell to huge surplus for utilisation.

Olsen has almost no personnel evaluation experience. Basically only on the panel advising college players where they may go in the draft.

Olsen has almost no personnel evaluation experience. Basically only on the panel advising college players where they may go in the draft.

Are you telling me Cletus is letting a bean counter run the franchise?

Texans are F'ed.

Are you telling me Cletus is letting a bean counter run the franchise?

Texans are F'ed.

Yes they are BUT how soon do we need someone with legit personnel experience? Preseason? There is a cushion. We'll have our guy before then.

Sounds like your gripe is with OB then. If the Texans fired him to get a better HC that is available that is an entirely different matter.

Oh I hate OB with a fiery burning passion. Sounds like a good guy, but he’s a horrible coach. He’s a borderline psychopathic tyrant the way he wins power struggles and insulated himself within the ownership. I think Gaines lack of aggression caused him to be fired, and whether it was a good call or not, to me it was highly refreshing as a Texans fan to see some urgency in the front office. I’m starting to have a decent feeling about Cal

I don’t see that happening. It seems the owner is the one who decides who leaves and who stays. OB is safe unless he has a losing record this year.

I mean, either way, I don’t see us making playoffs. But it’d be nice to have at least a reason for optimism. If we did bring in a new coach now we’d basically be punting on the season. It really may be best to give deshaun a full offseason to learn the new playbook.

For me, it’s Dabo or bust. That’s one guy who I believe can bring us a championship. There are others, but him and deshaun have a fantastic relationship, and Clemson is basically a feeder school for us.

NFL, Houston, instability. Three words that go together like ice cream and pie.
I’d rather have a shocking move like this as a reaction to a disappointing offseason than sticking with mediocrity so as to not rock the boat. I hope BOB’s seat is piping hot after this. Texans ownership that is aggressive and hellbent on winning would be an even bigger deal than getting Deshaun.

I’d rather have a shocking move like this as a reaction to a disappointing offseason than sticking with mediocrity so as to not rock the boat. I hope BOB’s seat is piping hot after this. Texans ownership that is aggressive and hellbent on winning would be an even bigger deal than getting Deshaun.

IF that is the case, it would be welcome.

I mean, either way, I don’t see us making playoffs. But it’d be nice to have at least a reason for optimism. If we did bring in a new coach now we’d basically be punting on the season. It really may be best to give deshaun a full offseason to learn the new playbook.

For me, it’s Dabo or bust. That’s one guy who I believe can bring us a championship. There are others, but him and deshaun have a fantastic relationship, and Clemson is basically a feeder school for us.

Well I guess it's a bust because Dabo just signed a hefty contract extension with Clemson.

As far as making the playoffs. Right now it's way too early to thinking along those lines. But since you brought it up. As long as our key weapons stay healthy and the defense is around the top 5 mark. We could easily make the playoffs.

After a thorough evaluation of our football operations, we have decided to relieve Brian Gaine of his duties as General Manager,” Texans chairman and CEO Cal McNair said in a statement. “Brian is a man of high character and we appreciate his contributions to our organization. We will begin an immediate search for a new G.M. In the interim, football operations will be led by senior vice president of football administration Chris Olsen. While the timing may be unusual, this decision was made in the best interest of our organization in our quest to build a championship team for the city of Houston.”

If OB is still the HC, how exactly is it a thorough evaluation of football operations? Who did the evaluation, OB?

Agreed, but he's been pulling the strings behind the scenes for yrs. Now that the old man has died Cletus is leaning heavily on the bean counter. IMHO

Hopefully I'm wrong.

I guess maybe Gaine should've traded up for Dillard. LOL

This franchise is a joke that only Bud could be happy seeing while he's fighting off the flames.

Failure?

He built the 49ers/Seahawks/Lost a power play with Allen and told the Browns to draft Mayfield.

I will mix this guy a drink myself.

I can guarantee you if Williams becomes available and McCloughan is GM, if Cletus stays out of the way Williams will be a Texan. Which is why McCloughan will never be GM of the Texans.

He will never be GM anywhere because he can only keep his sh!t together in short spurts. That's the failure. All the brilliance in the world hasn't made up for it.

Thing I cant figure out is, Gaine wasn't building the team the way I would have, but to save Cletus all that $$$$ and to be let go, Gaine must've had some very bad pics taken of him, or welcome back the Godfather.

Maybe that's because your assumptions have been wrong and Gaine is getting canned for being too timid. That's where the evidence is pointing. You don't get fired for doing what the owner wants.

Agreed, but he's been pulling the strings behind the scenes for yrs. Now that the old man has died Cletus is leaning heavily on the bean counter. IMHO

Hopefully I'm wrong.

What you are is pulling things out of your nethers again. What strings have Olsen or Cal been pulling for years? Someone had to be appointed interim. Silly to read anything into an interim. Pure heirarchy.

He will never be GM anywhere because he can only keep his sh!t together in short spurts. That's the failure. All the brilliance in the world hasn't made up for it.

Maybe that's because your assumptions have been wrong and Gaine is getting canned for being too timid. That's where the evidence is pointing. You don't get fired for doing what the owner wants.

At this point give me brilliance in short spurts.

You know what Cletus is thinking? I sure dont, there must be pics involved. Or Janice saw some crap online about Gaine and told her boy to fire Gaine.

Funny, you always claim to know what they're thinking.

One more time, you don't get fired for doing what you were told.

Great, now we have Janice tinfoil.

I haven't a clue what they're thinking. I think they're the clusterfvck org that I've always thought they are. What do you think is going on?

I wonder what he was told to do that he didn't

While I agree, I think he would improve scouts who as you noted elsewhere bring in the up front info for OBrien to select anyway. I think he would grow in that job.

Well I guess it's a bust because Dabo just signed a hefty contract extension with Clemson.

As far as making the playoffs. Right now it's way too early to thinking along those lines. But since you brought it up. As long as our key weapons stay healthy and the defense is around the top 5 mark. We could easily make the playoffs.
In and of itself bolded is minor issue if he wants to come here for challenge and less pressure for at least two seasons. Plus Watson? Big incentive.

I haven't a clue what they're thinking. I think they're the clusterfvck org that I've always thought they are. What do you think is going on?

It doesn’t look good, that’s for sure. Perhaps it is justified and the organization is attempting to be respectful to Gaine. However, when you dismiss a prominent leader of your team after one year, you really need to show cause. Otherwise, it makes your organization look ridiculous.

What do you think is going on?

Guess: Gaine didn't use all the authority he had to get Trent Brown and then Cal didn't like the draft being driven by that decision. Not moving for Dillard may have compounded that.

Ya know, someday you two will agree and get along. When that happens I'll pour the shots.

We talk on the phone fairly often and agree on things.

It doesn’t look good, that’s for sure. Perhaps it is justified and the organization is attempting to be respectful to Gaine. However, when you dismiss a prominent leader of your team after one year, you really need to show cause. Otherwise, it makes your organization look ridiculous.

After the draft/FA period.

Makes me think he got caught fvcking his secretary on his office desk.

I imagine him and OB having a fist fight in the cafeteria.

LOL, OTA's happened and Cletus could tell how bad Howard/Scharping looked and fired Gaine.

Please god, tell me this isn't true.

O/U on BOB keeping his job after next season, especially after this schedule?

LOL, OTA's happened and Cletus could tell how bad Howard/Scharping looked and fired Gaine.

Please god, tell me this isn't true.

O/U on BOB keeping his job after next season, especially after this schedule?

I know your leaning toward the George Castanza scenario (and depending on the cleaning lady I might want to picture that to) ,but I'm stuck on stories of OB and OZ at halftime.

I just naturally leap to a conclusion bg and ole' bullet proof butt chin got after each other.

Maybe it’s as simple as they know the season will suck so they wanted to give us an interesting off season to make up for it. Didn’t do that with F/A and draft so they had to get creative.

Maybe it’s as simple as they know the season will suck so they wanted to give us an interesting off season to make up for it. Didn’t do that with F/A and draft so they had to get creative.

If true, very sad, but wouldn't be surprising.

They've already gotten their season ticketholder yrly price increase so now is the perfect time to make a move like this.

It would be very Texans like.

Don't they have like a week left to sign Clowney to a deal or the franchise tag gets locked in for the year?

If true, very sad, but wouldn't be surprising.

They've already gotten their season ticketholder yrly price increase so now is the perfect time to make a move like this.

It would be very Texans like.

Okay .... I've finally read through them all. Do you think there are some members that are coming from the position of a draft disagreement, and Gaine walks in to O'Brien and says "I don't care if he's only one pick away .... I've heard about this kid that plays some mean water polo!" ??

Okay .... I've finally read through them all. Do you think there are some members that are coming from the position of a draft disagreement, and Gaine walks in to O'Brien and says "I don't care if he's only one pick away .... I've heard about this kid that plays some mean water polo!" ??

This offense is supposed to be "multiple." We might dominate some water polo.

John McLain in 610: O'Brien signed off on all the personnel moves.

That's why I think it was Dillard. That's the only thing gaine could have screwed up because the rest was just yes manning
Signed off or supported?

I as the options thin out, signing off may be "sure, why not... all the good ones are gone..."

Yeah .... if it was something like that, then I pray that it was Cal's oversight in .... not firing them both !
Well I am really kind of curious. Like take the draft. Did o'Brien endorse the pick, or did he approve it because we got out manuvered?

Honestly, this is probably a better time than the end of the year. I mean the roster is pretty much set, minus camp cuts and clowney. If BG isn't the guy I'd rather bring in the guy and his guys and start scouting/prepping for the draft than holding on to him all year to screw up another draft.

He is, but a day or two after his initial post, he restated that the Ravens requested our 1st and 3rd to outbid the Eagles and that Gaine said that was too rich for his blood. If I'm Cal, he's gone .... and if O'Brien is not bloody-nosed and out cold somewhere, he's gone too !

He is, but a day or two after his initial post, he restated that the Ravens requested our 1st and 3rd to outbid the Eagles and that Gaine said that was too rich for his blood. If I'm Cal, he's gone .... and if O'Brien is not bloody-nosed and out cold somewhere, he's gone too !

Clarity?

Back