Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Brian Gaine Fired

If Cal was pissed enough with bg to fire him because of the offseason, it seems to me OB already has a built in excuse after this coming season. Right?

His team would've performed better with a "legit offseason."

Aside from an outright catastrophe this year, I think OB just got locked in to be here next year.

Then why not fire O'Brien now rather than fire his handpicked gm?

More likely, O'Brien is the new Rick smith. Very unlikely he'll leave anytime soon

Someone answer me this:

Who the **** is Bill O'Brien to keep having power struggles with everyone?

Gaine is another loser that was handpicked by O'Brien and now they can't coexist and now O'Brien has his hands on the next hire too? Just like his quarterback picks which all failed and we acted like none of it was his fault? This guy is constantly failing. Constantly. Brian Gaine was this guy's butt buddy too. And it failed. Because Bill O'Brien is a ******* failure. When is enough enough? I actively hate this guy. Like legitimately. Just seeing his name is enough to make me apoplectic.

I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have a real ******* hard time rooting for this team so long as this cancerous piece of **** remains in power. And we wanna bring in more New England thugs?

Lol other than first round the guy sucked balls. I hated his drafts. Wasn’t particularly fond of this last one either though. My point is why now?

Lol, look. If Cal brings back a GM that proved that he couldn’t get near a SB in ten years that would be beyond bizarre. That ain’t gonna happen.

All of this speculation is getting me anxious for the drama to end. When will Cal announce the winner? My guess is that Cal will be strategic in the timing.

Too quick, it could look unseemly, as though the negotiation was well underway or even settled before they let Gaine go.

Too long, it will make the Texans look indecisive or unattractive or maybe having to deal with several candidates turning down the opportunity.

Lol other than first round the guy sucked balls. I hated his drafts. Wasn’t particularly fond of this last one either though. My point is why now?

Better than drafting JUCO guys and telling me SOMEDAY ... they MIGHT be great. Give me a constant not a dude who thinks he’s smarter than everyone else in the room. Why now? Great time. Just before camp inject some juice into everyone. Accountability is a real thing can’t have everyone comfortable that nothing will change as has been the case here for most of the teams history.

For the record I’m perfectly fine bringing in any other GM also even letting no name guy doing the job keep it. Gainer was a nepotic safe pick from the beginning.

tenor.gif

Love your sig!

Better than drafting JUCO guys and telling me SOMEDAY ... they MIGHT be great. Give me a constant not a dude who thinks he’s smarter than everyone else in the room. Why now? Great time. Just before camp inject some juice into everyone. Accountability is a real thing can’t have everyone comfortable that nothing will change as has been the case here for most of the teams history.

For the record I’m perfectly fine bringing in any other GM also even letting no name guy doing the job keep it. Gainer was a nepotic safe pick from the beginning.
Maybe you’re right. I had high hopes for the guy. Just caught of guard with this out of the blue. Wasn’t impressed with this off-season.

Houston burned 2 years of Watson's cheap rookie-deal & did virtually nothing exceptional in free agency or the draft to "load up" for a title run, a la the Eagles, Rams, Bears & now Browns.

Not only that, they've forced Watson to play behind arguably the NFL's worst O-Line. https://t.co/QPbPOx3PCN

— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) June 7, 2019

All these moves were approved by obrien. He should be gone too

Do they hire someone now or let the season play out first ? If they let the season play out that means Obrien is on the clock and he needs to win the division or he is gone too.

Someone answer me this:

Gaine is another loser that was handpicked by O'Brien and now they can't coexist and now O'Brien has his hands on the next hire too? Just like his quarterback picks which all failed and we acted like none of it was his fault? This guy is constantly failing. Constantly. Brian Gaine was this guy's butt buddy too. And it failed. Because Bill O'Brien is a ******* failure. When is enough enough? I actively hate this guy. Like legitimately. Just seeing his name is enough to make me apoplectic.

I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have a real ******* hard time rooting for this team so long as this cancerous piece of **** remains in power. And we wanna bring in more New England thugs?

Lots of conjecture here

How the hell has O'Brain survived all this time? The only plus quality is that Watson says he likes his coaching. I've always thought that the guru rep was phony crap. Being Brady's qb coach was like being Tiger's swing coach in his prime. You put a ball on a tee for him, say "nice shot" and repeat. What the hell would O'Brain have told Brady that would have made a difference?

Someone answer me this:

Bill O’Brein is the new “Rick Smith.”

Don’t know why he is here. Don’t know how he has so much say. Hasn’t really accomplished much. Has 9 lives.

There can be only one?

What the hell has BoB done to keep his job to merit the extension. He’s done less than Kubiak. Might as well bring back rick smith to complete the circle mediocrity. Both those bums are the musket HC & GM of the NFL, only good for one round. I have a sick feeling rick smiths sorry ass is coming back.

For this to happen so suddenly at this time of year, it had to be an earth-shattering incident that left them no choice. Of course we'll never know what it was. Something like maybe the GM told his secretary he wanted to suck her twat while she was taking a leak, and it was caught on camera.

How the hell has O'Brain survived all this time? The only plus quality is that Watson says he likes his coaching. I've always thought that the guru rep was phony crap. Being Brady's qb coach was like being Tiger's swing coach in his prime. You put a ball on a tee for him, say "nice shot" and repeat. What the hell would O'Brain have told Brady that would have made a difference?

Besides Jeff Fisher, I've never seen a more mediocre coach get so much control over a NFL franchise.

In 5 minutes nobody will remember how to spell Gaine, much less remember he was ever even the Texans GM. I regret I fed into this hyperventilating.

BG was here a minute, gone the next. His impact amounted to almost nothing to a franchise that has impacted the NFL about as little.

The 2019 NFL regular season can’t get here fast enough.

Slow your roll bud. Let's get a GM first. Then the season can start.

I know it's not necessary around here, but I like to know what I'm btching about before the crap starts. It's not easy to be contrarian without a subject
At least we always have OB as a constant. :rake:

At this point I'm anyone but Rick.

The 2019 NFL regular season can’t get here fast enough.

Haha, wherein the QBs we face had an average passer rating last year of 97.6 vs last year's opposition QBs rating average of 86.0. That's an Osweiler-level 86 average--eight QBs we faced last year were worse than Osweiler. There's no Darnold, Peterman, Gabbert or Bortles in 2019.

6-10.

One thing I don't buy into is that O'Brien helped show Gaine the door because he didn't get players he wanted. O'Brien is volatile like a 10-year-old sometimes, but I just can't see him turning like that on the guy he worked so hard to bring in.

I was not huge Gaine fan but rather have both him and OBrien gone..setting my position here. Now, I'm hoping this is strictly CAL stepping up; does not matter if it was because of off season or something else. I delayed posting as hoping research would turn up more info. I was surprised at timing at first but not much more can GM do at this time. No one mentioning Chris Olsen as candidate and he has worked closely with both Smith and Gaine. He also got team out of cap hell to huge surplus for utilisation. I'm thinking CAL has his guy in mind and if it was Douglas, he seems to have been played.

The draft were not my guys but I like Scharping and Howard with former starting before Howard imo. I just cannot see Clowney being an issue unless gossip about #8 and or #9 being offered was correct and Gaine turned it down. Reminder LT Jonah Williams went # 11 to Bengals. Also cannot see Dillard being the "nail in coffin" as he was selected #22 and could be defended as "there" at 23. *Note I'm not letting my belief that Dillard not right for Houston speak here and will not argue that POV.

Ric Smith if the guy (please NO!) should be announced rather soon. We all know that he and CAL are tight. What will be 'uh oh ha' is if no other significant changes in team roster or contracts and Gaine's 2018 and 2019 players are extremely good.

Back