Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brian Gaine Fired

Hope the hire Savage

I will take back everything I said if Cletus hires McCloughan. Hiring McCloughan would tell me Cletus is serious about winning.
No it's not Cletus, it's Mr McNair with a giant sized pair of nutz !

It's obvious to all of us that there is more to it than we've been told. Even after we're told whatever the inside scoop is, don't think for a moment that there isn't more behind the more. Reminds me of an amazing old phrase, Wheels within wheels.
For what it's worth, I was hoping Gaine could make things better. Oh well.

I currently live 30 minutes from Cleveland, OH. I will promptly buy a Baker Mayfield jersey and Browns season tickets of Smith comes back as the Texans GM.
I don’t even want to ask what you’ll do if they bring back Charley Casserly.

Fired the wrong guy Cal.

Gaine was foolish in not firing BOB after the Colts game. FOOLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bit him on his booty! That's what ye get when you don't have the STONES Gaine! Now BOB worked behind his back and got this fool fired!

This firing is a true testament this ORG is a damn mess

@JamesPalmerTV: And 17 months is all Brian Gaine served of a 5 year contract with the #Texans. Bill O’Brien was part of the search committee and strongly recommended Gaine to ownership. Now, Houston is searching for their 4th GM in franchise history. https://t.co/7ShQwtZ60n

If Rick Smith comes back, I would expect Bill OBrien to resign. Handwriting on the wall and all that.
I also wonder if OB was asked for his opinion of the GM beforehand.

Fired the wrong guy Cal.

Gaine was foolish in not firing BOB after the Colts game. FOOLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bit him on his booty! That's what ye get when you don't have the STONES Gaine! Now BOB worked behind his back and got this fool fired!

This firing is a true testament this ORG is a damn mess

Bwhahaha he wasn't going to fire the dude that got him that job. Come on people . Too freaking funny.

Gaines: hey Bill thank you for helping me get this job. But unfortunately sir I will have to let you go.

Obrien: wtf Gaines are you serious. Chump meet me outside.

Gaine left the Texans the 1st go round and if I’m knot mistaken, it was at least in part b/c he had issues with Rick Smith...or the other way around.

So Perhaps Cal informed Gaine that Rick was gonna be coming back in some other role that would be directly over Gaine or in some position that could undermine him and Gaine was like I’m out...

hqdefault.jpg

I hope the new GM comes in and immediately fires OB. To hell with this season, it’s gonna be a train wreck anyways. We actually play a real schedule. Full clean house
I don’t see that happening. It seems the owner is the one who decides who leaves and who stays. OB is safe unless he has a losing record this year.

Bwhahaha he wasn't going to fire the dude that got him that job. Come on people . Too freaking funny.

Gaines: hey Bill thank you for helping me get this job. But unfortunately sir I will have to let you go.

Obrien: wtf Gaines are you serious. Chump meet me outside.

BOB alone got Gaine the job huh........ fun facts. Friends never fire friends........ never happens in the world. Come on people. Too freaking funny

There was no particular incident that brought upon Gaine's dismissal, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Instead, theTexansdid an evaluation of their football operations and the final findings were that Gaine was, "good, but not good enough."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...unner-texans-fire-general-manager-brian-gaine
It's really surprising how much this situation is like the sequence of events that lead into the Jets former GM McCananans dismissal: not in the position long, just completed the Draft and FA, and without warning out of the blue.

IMHO, Cal fired the wrong person. OB has done more to hurt this team than just about anyone not named Charley Casserly. He absolutely sucks as a, supposedly, offensive-minded coach.

I have to hold judgement to see who Cal hires and why. Would be odd to fire BG unless he was pretty sure of his replacement. The search thing has to be fluff. Better NOT be RS. Something tells me even he wouldn’t do that. But for all the old Oiler fans out there...remember when Bud Adams would change coaches and GM’s with the light bulbs? How did that work?

I have to hold judgement to see who Cal hires and why. Would be odd to fire BG unless he was pretty sure of his replacement. The search thing has to be fluff. Better NOT be RS. Something tells me even he wouldn’t do that. But for all the old Oiler fans out there...remember when Bud Adams would change coaches and GM’s with the light bulbs? How did that work?

If Rick Smith comes back i’m finding a new team to root for!

Let's take our wild speculation back to the State of Texas. What if Cal wants to be the next Jerry Jones and names himself GM? Now THAT would be something to talk about.

I just want to win man. I don’t care who, how, what, I just want to win. https://t.co/rpQYFVHRZO

— JJ Watt (@JJWatt) June 7, 2019

I think Nick Caserio is the name to watch. #Texans

— Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL) June 7, 2019

Evan Lazar @ezlazar

With all this talk of Nick Caserio potentially interviewing for the #Texans job, this Belichick quote from a question I asked him about Caserio last year stands out. Caserio does way more for the #Patriots than just college/pro scouting.

5:35 PM - Jun 7, 2019

Considering Nick Caserio was Texans’ first choice as GM the last time and he and Bill O’Brien are good friends, I’m sure the first call will be to him to replace Brian Gaine.

— John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) June 7, 2019

with friends like OB…

Texans better already have that hand shake agreement with whichever GM they want, because there's no way I'd leave NE/PHI (Douglas) with a HC controlling my career path.

Gaine was "his guy" too & he just took him fishing like Fredo https://t.co/sXd1k65jnA

— Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) June 7, 2019

Back