2. Signing Mathieu to one-year deal
3. Drafting Coutee in 4th round

WORST:
1. Colvin signing
2. Signing Kalil
3. Changing tune on Clowney
4. No interior pass-rush 2019

— Landry Locker (@LandryLocker) June 7, 2019

Bleeding Green Nation reporting that the chance of The Eagles keeping Douglas is next to none. Even said the only reason he was not allowed to interview with the Texans last year when he was their first choice was only because of the playoffs. He makes sense at this point. Cal just HAS to know who his next GM will be before letting go a good one at this weird time. Sounds like the NE guy is being groomed for a higher position after BB is gone.
I think this is the case as well...that Cal already knows whi the next GM will be. I still hold hope for Caserio, but Douglas would be great.

Maybe we will get Clowney in house now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

And this is exactly the kind of **** that got me to the point of really not caring how this turns out.

Regardless of the sport good owners find good people who then hire other good people, draft and sign good people, and all together execute whatever “the plan” is. On average those owners teams experience success. Sometimes it’s interrupted by things beyond their control. Sometimes it goes on and on.

When Jim Crane bought the Astros he went and found a man (THE man) with the skills and a plan. It all flowed from there and here we are with a deep baseball team, a stocked farm system, a Championship, and multiple 100 win seasons.

When Bob McNair bought the Texans he went out and got a failed GM in Casserly who hired average-to-bad coaches and scouts none of whom had a plan beyond their own narrow scope of responsibility. They drafted poorly and accomplished little. No one seemed to learn anything from the experience because the same people (and their successors) in charge seem to be randomly getting the same crap wrong every year as they go along.

Successful teams start with good owners and we’ve never had one in Houston where football is concerned. Success in oil and gas, real estate, or some other business doesn’t make you qualified to be a successful NFL owner. It just gives you the scratch to get in the game. The McNairs are wealthy chumps. Their football team history illustrates that better than anything else ever could.

That’s why I stopped caring about football. The Texans suck.

Looks like we have a new sheriff in town. Looks like Cal is wanting to hire his own guy. Give him a chance

You see what letting go of your star defensive players will do. See what drafting JUCO all stars will do? See what happens when you have 100Ms and aren’t even IN on star players? Buffalo nepotism? Lol hell at least buttchin tries to poach champions from NE. Today is a good day for Houston football. McNair now has to have Buttcrack McQuack in his sights I love it. With the brutal schedule and his shaky ass coaching this team can very well have a future instead of languishing in mediocrity.

Cal McNair I’m popping a cold one in your name tonight. You straight up Thanos snapped a high ranking guy for fking up and put all those boys on notice. No more half stepping, no more 5 year plans. WIN NOW OR MOVE AROUND.

That’s how you put your imprint on the team as a new owner. Love it.

Best and worst moves made by former #Texans GM Brian Gaine:

BEST:
1. Drafting Reid in 3rd round of 2018 Draft
2. Signing Mathieu to one-year deal
3. Drafting Coutee in 4th round

WORST:
1. Colvin signing
2. Signing Kalil
3. Changing tune on Clowney
4. No interior pass-rush 2019

— Landry Locker (@LandryLocker) June 7, 2019

All these moves obrien signed off on mostly worked out on defense because Crennel advised him

I think this is the case as well...that Cal already knows whi the next GM will be. I still hold hope for Caserio, but Douglas would be great.

Maybe we will get Clowney in house now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Give me anyone from the Eagles organization and I will be very happy. They are a team that we can legitimately try to copy and be successful. I have felt the same way about the Ravens too. Not the Pats with a genius coach and the GOAT

Just heard about this.

Wow.

Hey, isn't that guy the Jets just fired a friend of BO'bs?

I can see Cal being upset with the lack of splash in the offseason. No big FA signings. No big tradeup in the draft. No Clowney extension or trade. No nothing. It's possible that Cal felt that Gaine didn't include him enough. Not in the way an old friend like Maccagnan would.

Maybe BG's hands were tied. Maybe Cal & O'Brien have been orchestrating this since Bob McNair passed away.

OB realized Gaine wasnt versatile enough. I'm just waiting for another 5 yr extension for OB because Gaine set his master plan back. Texans will change field again because OB blamed it for his inept offense

It's a 3 year rebuild starting next year. The new GM will need a full complement of picks and an offseason to work with O'Brien.

So glad Brian McNair is finally gone.

John Lopez:

First impression, I had two immediately that came to mind. This is so not the Texans. They don't do this. There was some supposed alignment. This is not your father's Texans. I was shocked by that. Second part, maybe unfair, who can Bill O'Brien get along with? It wasn't a lack of production or horrendous personnel moves. There was a disconnect in the organization. People say the next guy will have to get along with Bill O'Brien or approved by Bill O'Brien. Brian Gaine was a Bill O'Brien hire.

Cal McNair has been on the job for 6 months or thereabout. Janice McNair signs off on everything but Cal is running the show. He came in, there's a new way of doing business. At some point, determined/decided that Brian Gaine was not the guy.

Here's the new news. They had discussions about keeping Gaine on but not as GM. They decided not to do that and part ways. If you think O'Brien is going to have a bigger role in personnel, that feeds into that. That tells me anyways that the next GM will be a O'Brien guy. A guy he has "alignment" with. Like Bill O'Brien is boss. Moving forward, I think O'Brien makes the decision and the GM will feed into that.

I think I’m going to start the Rick Smith Love Train. I’d be just fine if he came back. He practically built this current team anyway. Who knows maybe he’ll fire Buttchin and rehire KOOBS!! Dangit dude this tight! Imagine KOOBS with Deshaun?

Edit: forgot the kitty. :kitten:

I think I’m going to start the Rick Smith Love Train. I’d be just fine if he came back. He practically built this current team anyway. Who knows maybe he’ll fire Buttchin and rehire KOOBS!! Dangit dude this tight! Imagine KOOBS with Deshaun?

Edit: forgot the kitty. :kitten:
Fk Rick Smith! He sucked as a GM. If that POS comes back I’ll be pissed.

Why? You’re happy about this?

Pff hell yeah. What has this guy done? Reid nice, badger nice. Colvin bust. Not even a player in free agency with all that money. D2 guy with first rounder? Buffalo fetish. Never was a fan I’m good. Love that Cal McNair isn’t his daddy and has the nuts to make moves like these.

Just bring in Kubiak and a new GM. Keep Crennel. Fire the clown.

tenor.gif

Pff hell yeah. What has this guy done? Reid nice, badger nice. Colvin bust. Not even a player in free agency with all that money. D2 guy with first rounder? Buffalo fetish. Never was a fan I’m good. Love that Cal McNair isn’t his daddy and has the nuts to make moves like these.

Bill No'Brian signed off on all personnel decisions accoring to McLain. He essentially has full personnel power

If Cal was pissed enough with bg to fire him because of the offseason, it seems to me OB already has a built in excuse after this coming season. Right?

His team would've performed better with a "legit offseason."

Aside from an outright catastrophe this year, I think OB just got locked in to be here next year.

If Cal was pissed enough with bg to fire him because of the offseason, it seems to me OB already has a built in excuse after this coming season. Right?

His team would've performed better with a "legit offseason."

Aside from an outright catastrophe this year, I think OB just got locked in to be here next year.
Gross. I really dislike OB.

Back