Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Baltimore Ravens @ Houston Texans. Noon. 10/21. **Official GameDay Thread**

Weeks has been having a lot of high snaps this year.

Not impressed. We're pulling stuff down out of the clouds way more than we ever have before. Losing that mojo?

Kinda wish we would have run it just once in the redzone. We had a timeout and they were way off the line.

I think the Green Bay game pissed off Kubiak....

He was aggressively going for that TD there lol. I was waiting for the run plays then the FG but Kubes really wanted that extra 6.

I missed the 'iffy call'...was sorting out the baby for bed. What happened?

Pollard's helmet hit Owen Daniels' helmet in the end zone and extended our drive just before the end of the 1st half.

Pollard was busting the balls of the ref for the call, but it was easily a helmet-to-helmet hit. He almost got thrown out of the game for getting rough with the refs.

We still ended up kicking a FG, though. Extra 3 points for us.

So, with all the batted balls, who do we attribute it to? Players watching JJ's success, and mimicking it, or the coaches seeing his success, and coaching it?

I don't. Bad calls are bad calls regardless of who's getting them.

Agreed.

The call looked questionable. Looked like he did make a little contact with the helmet, but I don't think that's the kind of play the rule was designed for.

It actually looked like pollard laid off a little.

Pollard hit Daniels helmet with his helmet. Kinda scraped it really, but he was called for targeting a defenseless receiver.

Pollard's helmet hit Owen Daniels' helmet in the end zone and extended our drive just before the end of the 1st half.

Pollard was busting the balls of the ref for the call, but it was easily a helmet-to-helmet hit. He almost got thrown out of the game for getting rough with the refs.

We still ended up kicking a FG, though. Extra 3 points for us.

Ahhh ok..thanks guys. I missed all that fun stuff. What a game so far!

quin.gif

It's not funny. You can't just be a one-trick poster and expect laughs here.

We get it: You hate Matt Schaub and think he's bad. Guess what? He signed an extension, we're winning 29 to 3 right now, and those bad passes you think are bad are actually placed to where only our guys can get to them...he's been doing that forever, and it works.

When you have Owen Daniels, Andre Johnson, Arian Foster, etc...you can do that. It's safe, and they've been making it work for years and years now.

Remember this?

OD_Bengals_09.gif

Yeah it was like 3 years ago. Matt has been doing this for a long time now, and this is what happens a lot: Good things.

So, with all the batted balls, who do we attribute it to? Players watching JJ's success, and mimicking it, or the coaches seeing his success, and coaching it?

The coaches mostly. Watt has always been good at this, it was on his scouting report...maybe he's teaching these guys a trick or two though

But before Wade came in Kubiak wouldn't even let the defense swat down passes. Which was just beyond silly.

I'm seeing so many sidearm throws on the part of Schaub this game, along with a number of pretty inaccurate passes only completed because of some very acrobatic catches by our receivers, I've got to wonder if he is having a problem with his shoulder again.

Word on the street, around here, has been that prior to Wade Phillips coming here as d-coord...the previous d-coordinators were not "allowed" to try and bat down Matt's passes in practices.

That's what a few said on here, not me. So I'm just the messenger here.

Agreed.

The call looked questionable. Looked like he did make a little contact with the helmet, but I don't think that's the kind of play the rule was designed for.

That loud cracking noise on the TV was all I needed to hear.

It was a good tough hit on the helmet, not intentional but still was there. And yeah, he did lay off...but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. :)

I noticed LeStar Jean is back for our offense.

And I think this defense gets even better once Demps gets back, too

Regardless, Pollard had no reason to hit the receiver at that point and used poor judgement. That's what gets Pollard into trouble and that's why he's no longer in Houston.

Back