Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Baltimore Ravens @ Houston Texans. Noon. 10/21. **Official GameDay Thread**

tumblr_m1x6t80Wxt1qesxpno4_250.gif

Okay where is the post of stone cold doing the eyebrow?

So much for all the talk about how the Texans are pretenders because they really have not played anyone yet. If Baltimore is not a quality opponent, the who is?

The Texans are the real deal.

So much for all the talk about how the Texans are pretenders because they really have not played anyone yet. If Baltimore is not a quality opponent, the who is?

Man Texans do not play in the East Coast so they get ignored by Espn.

The only other "quality" team in the AFC is the Broncos & we beat them. Chicago is the only other team that looks like a bonafide Super Bowl contender, I can't wait for that game.

New England & Minnesota look to have some life, so we'll see.

Baltimore isn't even half the team they were last year. They are used to being a top three defensive team. Now they are near the bottom for the year (26th). Mind you, they were even sucking before the losses of Webb and Lewis. Bring on Buffalo, a team not much worse than the Ravens!

Baltimore isn't even half the team they were last year. They are used to being a top three defensive team. Now they are near the bottom for the year (26th). Mind you, they were even sucking before the losses of Webb and Lewis. Bring on Buffalo, a team not much worse than the Ravens!

Yeah Ravens defense was getting punked even by the Chiefs. I still do not trust Flacco if I was a Raven fan.

If not Baltimore in the AFC, then who?

It appears that the Texans are hands-down the class of the AFC right now.

If not Baltimore in the AFC, then who?

It appears that the Texans are hands-down the class of the AFC right now.

Steelers. The next best team would be the Broncos and we waxed them when Manning was just starting to get back into football.

The AFC definitely is weaker overall and the Texans sit atop that mountain.

Yet they are still winning games. They played the schedule they were given & are 5-2 including a win over New England.

If we "simply" beat them, I could see where you are coming from, but we rolled them. Offensively & defensively. Their offense was supposed to be where they hung their hat this year. Well, we shoved that hat where the sun don't shine. & yeah, their defense was bad, but after playing us, they are now in the Houston record books after allowing 43 points in the regular season.

Before this weekend, the Texans & the Ravens were the class of the AFC. Today, the Texans stand alone.

The only other "quality" team in the AFC is the Broncos & we beat them. Chicago is the only other team that looks like a bonafide Super Bowl contender, I can't wait for that game.

New England & Minnesota look to have some life, so we'll see.

We've got some friends in Chicago and they're always inviting us to their Florida Beach home to spend a week during the summer. So when I saw that we had a Sunday Night game against the Bears, I figured, "Hey. Let's return the favor." So we bought 4 tickets as soon as they came out.

That's really shaping up to be a really great game.

Unfortunately, I only get to go to 1 or 2 Texans games per year. And they've only won 1 of the games I've been to. So hopefully the good guys will be able to overcome my evil influence and put a smackdown on them.

Random annoyance I want to bring up: I hate how the Texans logo looks on the CBS score box at the top of the screen. It's so disproportionate that it looks like a goat more than anything else.

Random annoyance I want to bring up: I hate how the Texans logo looks on the CBS score box at the top of the screen. It's so disproportionate that it looks like a goat more than anything else.

I bet there are a lot of NFL teams that are seeing the same thing you are.

baphomet1.jpg

What, you haven't heard all the "The Ravens are all banged up, the Texans still haven't beaten anybody" comments out there?

It amounts to nothing though. Who cares. You play who's on the schedule and there are no Division II schools on our schedule. Had we gotten by Green Bay all we would have heard about was how many players they had injured or that they were a 2-4 team (after we beat them) and that we still hadn't played anybody.

What, you haven't heard all the "The Ravens are all banged up, the Texans still haven't beaten anybody" comments out there?

It amounts to nothing though. Who cares. You play who's on the schedule and there are no Division II schools on our schedule. Had we gotten by Green Bay all we would have heard about was how many players they had injured or that they were a 2-4 team (after we beat them) and that we still hadn't played anybody.

Yep, who care's? We're 6-1 and no one else in the AFC is. That's good enough for me.

Is it just me or did shaun cody not play like half this game ??????? wuts up has he been injured or was he benched for mitchell ???????

and another thing why was Schaub and heck most of the starters still play 8 mins to go in the 4th

im so sick and tired of kubes doing this

Is it just me or did shaun cody not play like half this game ??????? wuts up has he been injured or was he benched for mitchell ???????

and another thing why was Schaub and heck most of the starters still play 8 mins to go in the 4th

im so sick and tired of kubes doing this

20687360.jpg

Oh yeah... we aren't playing Cleveland this year are we?
:bubbles:

Howdy my Texans fellows and Ladies. New to here, what a game last Sunday I had hell of time up in the gridiron! 6-1 and resting on the top of AFC! (Cue the Ric Flair) WOooooooooooo!:whoohoo:

Howdy my Texans fellows and Ladies. New to here, what a game last Sunday I had hell of time up in the gridiron! 6-1 and resting on the top of AFC! (Cue the Ric Flair) WOooooooooooo!:whoohoo:

It's a pleasure to see a new TexansTalk'er! Welcome. :texflag:

Just rewatched the Ravens game (yeah, I'm hungry, bye-week is horrible) and omg, I did not realize this live, but those commentators has to be some of the worst, most biased, commentators I've ever experienced...

Just rewatched the Ravens game (yeah, I'm hungry, bye-week is horrible) and omg, I did not realize this live, but those commentators has to be some of the worst, most biased, commentators I've ever experienced...

It was irritating me during the game but I didn't realize how bad it was until I read back through this thread and watched the game again.

Yeah, it doesn't even faze me anymore. It's just par for the course.

The live up there in the upper northeast...they get all the Jets, Giants, Patriots, Ravens, Eagles, Steelers vibe all the time (as if those teams are all that exist).

So they come all the way down to Houston, and they act like they're in Guatemala and having to endure our city and our team...they pump sunshine on THEIR northeast teams, just like biased yankee muther****ers always do.

So yeah, we see that coming from miles away. You can go back all the way to the mid-1990s when Oilers games on NBC were often called by Paul MaGuire who was the Dierdorf of the mid-90s, IMO. He hated us, he loved to rake us over the coals every game. LOL.

It's no thang. It's just them acting like their teams are better than those halfway across the country. It's just another day at work for them.

Great tackle by Ball.

For a game where the Texans haven't really been on fire, they haven't really ever looked like losing this one to me.

[Doh - Wrong thread!]

Back