Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BADBOY'S 2022 draft and trades

badboy

Hall of Fame
Post June 1st trades:

Laremy Tunsil to New York Jets : LT Mehki Becton + 1.6 + 1.19 2022

Dashaun Watson to Eagles : 2021 1.10 WR 1300 pts Devonta Smith + 2.37 OC/OG 530 pts Landon Dickerson + QB Jalen Hurts +QB Jamie Newman + 2022 1.3 [Eagles] + 1.16 [Colts] + 1.20 [Dolphins]

1.1 DE Kayon Thibodeaux Oregon 6'5" 260
1.3 CB Derek Stingley LSU 6'1" 190
1.6 OT Evan Neal Alabama 6'7 360
1.16 WR John Metchie Alabama 6' 190
1.19 RB Breece Hall Iowa State 6'215
1.20 ILB Christian Harris Alabama 6'2 232
2.33 Safety Jordan Battle Alabama 6' 210

badboy

Hall of Fame
2019 and 20 Pro Bowl and no reason not to continue; turns 27 August and is who Becton should become. Should is operative word and comparison as I have given it before in regards to football skills would be DeShaun Watson vs Zach Wilson. You know what you have with Watson and you know what might be with ZW.

I realize it is arguable but IMO most think this season is almost a throw away year for Houston. I am not hearing that about the Jets anywhere.

I have explained that the owners of the Jets realize they needed huge fireworks and they got that with Zach. Tunsil keeps that gunpowder dry and popping much more likely than Becton.
The NYJ cap next two years easily absorbs Tunsil and leaves some for other positions. Jets should be banging on Super Bowl sooner than many think.
As a side note I am probably the only one that believes the Jets are not completely out of the DeShaun Watson scenario.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I enjoy "deals".

Detroit will go now with Goff as starter and he will disappoint. His 2020 stats of 552/3952 20 TDs but 13 INTs will bring offers as his base for 2022 is just under $11m. PFF was 71.4 and a team needing a good but not great QB that has an oline should offer something for 2022.

Watson will be on field by 2022.

Texans get Lions round ones in 2022 that I project as 1.2 and 1.29 plus OT Penei Sewell and 2020 corner Jeff Okudah. Detroit drafted Sewell as BPA but were surprised when neither Miami or Bengals selected him. Watson is worth this package going into the 2022 season.

Eagles seeing Watson gone with Houston perhaps taking Howell with the first pick decide to trade up for that pick. Sure, by next year other QBs may be enticing but for now IMO he is only one worthy of a top 5 pick. Having said that, Eagles also will be aware that other teams needing a star play-caller could LeapFrog them to accomplish the same thing with Houston. We know from the recent draft that I am not only one capable of unexpected moves in round one.

Philly gets 1.1 3300 points
Texans get 1.4 1800 1.20 850 & 1.22 780= 3430

Summary:
1.2 +1.4+1.20+1.22+1.29

If another quarterback is another Zach Wilson , I can see Houston trading down from 1.2 to pick up other selections.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
So what does the 2022 NFL Draft look like for QB prospects at this time: poor, average, superior, one of the greatest in Draft history ?

badboy

Hall of Fame
So what does the 2022 NFL Draft look like for QB prospects at this time: poor, average, superior, one of the greatest in Draft history ?
most posters have a more positive view than do I at this early date. Of course as we know historically that can change as the schedule progresses. I am just interested in watching this season for a change. To answer your question , Spencer Rattler of Oklahoma and Sam Howell of North Carolina seem to be the leading horses for top quarterback. I am concerned that Rattler will be similar to Jaylen hurts. Hurts as you may recall was very good in college at Alabama before entering the portal and eventually settling in as quarterback at Oklahoma. He had an average Season at Philadelphia his 1st year. But again as you know there is much talk about the Eagles trading him. I have Howell number one with Rattler somewhere thereafter..

I also have Corral later round one ( Possibly to Houston via a trade of DW if Mills is not the guy).

Shough pronounced Shuk has my eye.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
most posters have a more positive view than do I at this early date. Of course as we know historically that can change as the schedule progresses. I am just interested in watching this season for a change. To answer your question , Spencer Rattler of Oklahoma and Sam Howell of North Carolina seem to be the leading horses for top quarterback. I am concerned that Rattler will be similar to Jaylen hurts. Hurts as you may recall was very good in college at Alabama before entering the portal and eventually settling in as quarterback at Oklahoma. He had an average Season at Philadelphia his 1st year. But again as you know there is much talk about the Eagles trading him. I have Howell number one with Rattler somewhere thereafter..

I also have Corral later round one ( Possibly to Houston via a trade of DW if Mills is not the guy).

Shough pronounced Shuk has my eye.
Awright appreciate the info BB, thanks man. Oh BTW "Rattler" is a great name for an OK football player, any position.

badboy

Hall of Fame
The following is not to discuss Watson's perceived value or if he will be traded at some point; just some info on players I have researched and like. Also not saying how many would be included in a swap.

Philly has two round ones and two round twos with one of these converting to a first if..

QB Jalen Hurts in his second season after an average rookie outing. People in Philly split on whether his fault or poor receiving corps. Philly attempted to resolve this drafting in round 1:

WR Devonta Smith 2020 Heisman

OG/Center Landon Dickerson

DE/LB Edge Derek Barnett 6'3" 259 25 YOA in year 5 at $10 m base; saving $10 m

Denver has one round one

Edge Bradley Chubb 6'4" 275 6-24-1996 2021 base $.9 m 2022 year 5 $12.716

CB Patrick Surtain 6'2" 202

LDE Dre'Monte Jones 6'3" 281 24 YOA undrafted with 2 years left $.876 & $1 m

WR Jerry Jeudy

RB Jevonte Williams

Detroit has two round ones

OT Penei Sewell 6'6" 330 10-9-2000

CB Jeff Okudah 6'1" 202 2-2-1999

RB D'Andre Swift 5'9" 215

RDE Levi Onwuzurkie 6'3" 288 3-22-1998

Carolina has one round one

WR Terrace Marshall 6'3" 200 6-9-2000

RB Chuba Hubbard 6' 208 6-11-1999

RG Deonte Brown 6'4" 350

Safety Jeremy Chinn 6'2" 220 2-26-1998 2020 allowed 41 of 55 targets; 117 Ts 2 for loss;
5 QB hits; 1 sack; 2 forced fumbles for 45 yards; 2 TDs

C B Troy Pride 5'11" 195 1-19-1998

badboy

Hall of Fame
In the past I have suggested Tua Tagovailoa as a possible trade component with Others for Watson. Here is info on his off season training with Miami:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Strong is my QB in the 2022 class although I like Rattler. Howell will be a long time starter. I see Howell in the Kirk Cousins mold.

Mills has as much natural ability as any QB in the 2022 draft. IMHO

badboy

Hall of Fame
Interesting that Detroit and Houston are awaiting notification for pick one NBA draft in a week and competing for top pick NFL Draft in 2022. Love the competition!

badboy

Hall of Fame
Interesting that Detroit and Houston are awaiting notification for pick one NBA draft in a week and competing for top pick NFL Draft in 2022. Love the competition!
I cannot see how rockets can mess up 1.2 unless they trade for somebody like Herro or Wiseman and some future round ones.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

badboy

Hall of Fame
Not if they trade Tunsil
Would that not depend on whom they got for him? A trade could bring not only a LT but perhaps a RB and or a WR that takes pressure off.
IIRC there are two probowl LTs each year so 30 teams don't have a PB'r and many of those 30 manage to block for QB.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
I am concerned that Rattler will be similar to Jaylen hurts. Hurts as you may recall was very good in college at Alabama before entering the portal and eventually settling in as quarterback at Oklahoma. He had an average Season at Philadelphia his 1st year.
Besides the same school how else are you seeing Rattler and Hurts similarly?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Besides the same school how else are you seeing Rattler and Hurts similarly?
To clarify, I did not say Hurts and Rattler were similar in play rather I said I could see Rattler
having similar college careers.
I think this article best explains how I see Rattler.

On a side note when I discuss trading players, I am not necessarily saying someone coming in especially a college draft pick equals let alone is better than the player I want to trade. I look at entire package.

Example trading DW to Eagles for three players + three round ones. Using highest Eagle pick for a QB does not say I think college QB is as good as Watson. Again must look at total package and I'm not talking about Lex Luger.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
To clarify, I did not say Hurts and Rattler were similar in play rather I said I could see Rattler
having similar college careers.
Well I don't doubt they could have similar college careers in terms of production or team success. I thought you were referring to the outlook on their pro prospects based on the context of the discussion I quoted you in, talking about 2022 qb prospects and whatnot.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Well I don't doubt they could have similar college careers in terms of production or team success. I thought you were referring to the outlook on their pro prospects based on the context of the discussion I quoted you in, talking about 2022 qb prospects and whatnot.
I do think Rattler could have similar first season as Jaylen on Texans.
Hurt had a very productive college career at both Alabama and Oklahoma as you know. But has faltered in his rookie year with the eagles. Part of that as I understand was the receiving corps and Philly hopes to reverse that with Devonta Smith.

Unsure what Texans would look like in 2022 but Cook, Cobb and Collins could still be here. Adequate but not great.

badboy

Hall of Fame
In the not-too-distant past I have suggested Trading Watson to the New York Jets for Mekhi becton, quinnen Williams and safety ashtyn Davis. The latter two were just put on the PUP list and Mekhi becton has suffered from plantar fasciatus. He returns to practice next week.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Trades:
Watson to Denver for CB Pat Surtain 1.9 2021+ WR Jerry Jeudy 1.15 2020+ LDE Dre'mont Jones 3.71 2019 + RB Jevonte Williams 2.35 2021 + 1.14 in 2022

Texans 1.1 3000 to Philly for 2022 1.5 1700 + 1.19 875 + 1.23 760 = 3335

Laremy Tunsil to Bengals for LT/LG Carman Jackson 2.46 2021 + WR Tee Higgins 2.33 2020 + OLB Joseph Ossai 3.69 2021 + 1.4

2022 NFL Draft
1.1 Eagles Best QB Rattler?
1.2 Lions next best QB Howell?
1.3 Giants LT Evan Neal
1.4 Texans Pass rush Thibodeaux
1.5 Texans CB Stingley
1.6 Jags safety Kyle Hamilton
1.7 Jets CB Kaiir Elam
1.8 Panthers LB Christian Harris {or a QB}
1.9 Falcons DL Demarvin Leal
1.10 Giants (Bears) WR Chris Olave
1.11 Raiders OT Kenyon Green both OGs & A&M to move to LT 2021
1.12 WFT QB Malik Willis {or another QB}
1.13 Chargers TE Jalen Wydermyer
1.14 Texans LT Charles Cross
---
1.19 Texans Safety Jordan Battle
1.23 Texans OC Tyler Linderbaum
2.33 Texans OT [RT] Rasheed Walker

combined:

Corners Patrick Surtain and Derek Stingley
OLB Joseph Ossai
DE Dremont Jones
Edge rush Kavon Thibodeaux
Safety Jordan Battle

WR Jerry Jeudy and Tee Higgins
RB Jevonte Williams
OC Tyler Linderbaum
LT/LG Carman Jackson
RG/OT Rasheed Walker
RB Jevonte Williams

badboy

Hall of Fame
I suggest Caserio trade the Pervert to the Packers for Rodgers/Adams and three 1st rd picks.
Interesting if both GB players would do it. Rodger 2021 $14.7 m 2022 and 2023 $25 m each is really good..if he will play it out and not go to Jeopardy. WR Adams is a good price at $12.25 coming off the monster year he had but this is final season and we could lose him.
Three round ones but late in each draft 21,22 & 23 are acceptable.

Would AR be happy with Caserio and his salaries? If he wanted more cash would McNair step up?

Jack Burton

Veteran
Interesting if both GB players would do it. Rodger 2021 $14.7 m 2022 and 2023 $25 m each is really good..if he will play it out and not go to Jeopardy. WR Adams is a good price at $12.25 coming off the monster year he had but this is final season and we could lose him.
Three round ones but late in each draft 21,22 & 23 are acceptable.

Would AR be happy with Caserio and his salaries? If he wanted more cash would McNair step up?
I would immediately trade Rogers to the Sparklers for Herbert.

Jack Burton

Veteran
Trades:
Watson to Denver for CB Pat Surtain 1.9 2021+ WR Jerry Jeudy 1.15 2020+ LDE Dre'mont Jones 3.71 2019 + RB Jevonte Williams 2.35 2021 + 1.14 in 2022

Texans 1.1 3000 to Philly for 2022 1.5 1700 + 1.19 875 + 1.23 760 = 3335

Laremy Tunsil to Bengals for LT/LG Carman Jackson 2.46 2021 + WR Tee Higgins 2.33 2020 + OLB Joseph Ossai 3.69 2021 + 1.4

2022 NFL Draft
1.1 Eagles Best QB Rattler?
1.2 Lions next best QB Howell?
1.3 Giants LT Evan Neal
1.4 Texans Pass rush Thibodeaux
1.5 Texans CB Stingley
1.6 Jags safety Kyle Hamilton
1.7 Jets CB Kaiir Elam
1.8 Panthers LB Christian Harris {or a QB}
1.9 Falcons DL Demarvin Leal
1.10 Giants (Bears) WR Chris Olave
1.11 Raiders OT Kenyon Green both OGs & A&M to move to LT 2021
1.12 WFT QB Malik Willis {or another QB}
1.13 Chargers TE Jalen Wydermyer
1.14 Texans LT Charles Cross
---
1.19 Texans Safety Jordan Battle
1.23 Texans OC Tyler Linderbaum
2.33 Texans OT [RT] Rasheed Walker

combined:

Corners Patrick Surtain and Derek Stingley
OLB Joseph Ossai
DE Dremont Jones
Edge rush Kavon Thibodeaux
Safety Jordan Battle

WR Jerry Jeudy and Tee Higgins
RB Jevonte Williams
OC Tyler Linderbaum
LT/LG Carman Jackson
RG/OT Rasheed Walker
RB Jevonte Williams
Ooh. I like it.
I just cringe at having to pay all those guys.
That will be a serious accounting feat.

I really think DEN and PHIL would do it too.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Ooh. I like it.
I just cringe at having to pay all those guys.
That will be a serious accounting feat.

I really think DEN and PHIL would do it too.
None of those guys are high dollar and are under contract for more than one season. The many first round players like Surtain and the three Eagle picks would be five year deals and Jeudy who is in his first of five if deal to Broncos is done before this off season would be staggered with the 2022 round ones. I will gladly worry about new deals and paying for them 5-6 years from now. Roby, Watson, Tunsil, Cobb if he goes to GB, Mercilus, David Johnson and Tyrod Taylor will all be gone after 2021 and perhaps Eric Murray.

Cook could be traded sooner with Jeudy + Higgins + Nico Collins.

The problem with my post above is starting so many rookies. However:

WRs: if Nico starts and Chris Conley steps up {12 yard per catch 2020) with Cooks, Jeudy and Higgins could work in slowly with less pressure. Many believe Coutee will advance with new coach and Isaiah Coulter may have something to say even though he is basically a rookie.

OT: Geron Christian may finally play a season without injury and at 25 YOA could be the guy as he started in place of Trent Williams (traded to SF) at LT for 6 games before injury.

Defensive backs: Surtain and Stingley I would start with Robey if he can pass peds exam as both were considered best corners in draft their respective years although Jaycee Horn was surprisingly taken one spot above Surtain.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Per request of a member on my thoughts of players Eagles might offer in a trade scenario for Watson:

First I want the three round one draft picks in 2022.

QB Jalen Hurts- I am not as opposed to him as many as I agree with opinions including those out of Philadelphia that Eagles WRs were a big part of Jalen's problems. He only attempted 148 passes completing 52% for almost 1100 yds and 6 TDs. Eagles thought WRs were so bad they wasted capital trading up from 1.12 to 1.10 to get Heisman Devonta Smith whom I would demand in any trade for DW.

Devonta Smith 6' 170 22 YOA and a bad mammer jammer as most focus on his crazy 2021 stats at 'Bama 117/1856 @ 15.9 [his lowest in four college seasons!] and 23 TDs! However his 2020 : 68/1256 @ 18.5 14 TD

RB Miles Sanders 24 with two seasons left on his four year rookie deal. I do not see him as part of a trade but others have mentioned it.

C/OG Landon Dickerson another Alabama boy who would lock in our center spot for 12+ years

LDE Derek Barnett a young guy with sacks in the five range annually with QB hits at 22 and 16 last two seasons. He is in his 5th year rookie deal at $10 GTD & I am not interested unless he will rework and extend at a very low deal & I don't see that.

Josh Sweat has been suggested repeatedly but not for me.

Corner K'Von Wallace 5'11" 207 who played safety for Clemson but listed as corner for Eagles.

2019: Third-team All-ACC selection … All-ACC Academic selection … credited with 81 tackles (3.0 for loss), 10 passes broken up, two sacks and two interceptions (including one returned for a touchdown) in 698 snaps over 15 games (all starts) … voted as a permanent team captain

badboy

Hall of Fame
Another scenario: Watson to New York Giants

Caserio allegedly desires three round ones and a defensive foundational piece

2021 1.20 WR Kadarius Toney + 2022 round one (2) + FS Xavier McKinney 22 YOA

Jack Burton

Veteran
None of those guys are high dollar and are under contract for more than one season. The many first round players like Surtain and the three Eagle picks would be five year deals and Jeudy who is in his first of five if deal to Broncos is done before this off season would be staggered with the 2022 round ones. I will gladly worry about new deals and paying for them 5-6 years from now. Roby, Watson, Tunsil, Cobb if he goes to GB, Mercilus, David Johnson and Tyrod Taylor will all be gone after 2021 and perhaps Eric Murray.

Cook could be traded sooner with Jeudy + Higgins + Nico Collins.

The problem with my post above is starting so many rookies. However:

WRs: if Nico starts and Chris Conley steps up {12 yard per catch 2020) with Cooks, Jeudy and Higgins could work in slowly with less pressure. Many believe Coutee will advance with new coach and Isaiah Coulter may have something to say even though he is basically a rookie.

OT: Geron Christian may finally play a season without injury and at 25 YOA could be the guy as he started in place of Trent Williams (traded to SF) at LT for 6 games before injury.

Defensive backs: Surtain and Stingley I would start with Robey if he can pass peds exam as both were considered best corners in draft their respective years although Jaycee Horn was surprisingly taken one spot above Surtain.
I’d pass on Jeudy and ask for Courtland Sutton. He’s due for a big payday, but he’s worth it.
Dude can flat out go get it.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I’d pass on Jeudy and ask for Courtland Sutton. He’s due for a big payday, but he’s worth it.
Dude can flat out go get it.
I am definitely not against Courtland Sutton but his knee injury and missing most of 2020 do concern me. Good Lord why would you pass on Jerry jeudy? I've watched him for years and he could be a hall of fame wide receiver. Also as you said if healthy and he returns to his career statistics Sutton after 2021 will be looking for a massive contract. Those are the type of players I'm trying to avoid.

Jack Burton

Veteran
I am definitely not against Courtland Sutton but his knee injury and missing most of 2020 do concern me. Good Lord why would you pass on Jerry jeudy? I've watched him for years and he could be a hall of fame wide receiver. Also as you said if healthy and he returns to his career statistics Sutton after 2021 will be looking for a massive contract. Those are the type of players I'm trying to avoid.
I dunno, Jeudy dropped a lot of balls last year.
Sutton is a bigger, more physical receiver. He could have played the last week of last year but the season was gone for them so he played it safe and sat. I’m not concerned with a torn ACL.
I just think he’s been underrated big time and is a proven commodity.
Jeudy is a better route runner though. He’s very polished.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I dunno, Jeudy dropped a lot of balls last year.
Sutton is a bigger, more physical receiver. He could have played the last week of last year but the season was gone for them so he played it safe and sat. I’m not concerned with a torn ACL.
I just think he’s been underrated big time and is a proven commodity.
Jeudy is a better route runner though. He’s very polished.
If a trade for DW materializes, I think we can pressure teams to part with a young stud receiver as well as a corner as with Denver. Currently am working on a trade to Dolphins and then trading our round one in 2022 to either Eagles or perhaps Denver. I usually lean towards draft picks but if I can pick up young guys in their first or second year of rook contract ex: Dre'Mont Jones 24 YOA with 21 and 2022 still on deal; I want that.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
If a trade for DW materializes, I think we can pressure teams to part with a young stud receiver as well as a corner as with Denver. Currently am working on a trade to Dolphins and then trading our round one in 2022 to either Eagles or perhaps Denver. I usually lean towards draft picks but if I can pick up young guys in their first or second year of rook contract ex: Dre'Mont Jones 24 YOA with 21 and 2022 still on deal; I want that.
Players living up to their draft position and still on rookie deals would be difficult for teams to part with…..they’d want the same thing the Texans would want.

Texans would get picks, veterans under contract, and/or players still on their rookie contracts who may not be living up to their draft position due to performance issues or injury.

I’d still like a deal with the Eagles: 2022 1st and 2nd picks in RD1, RD3, and 2023 RD1.

Or Giants: 2022 RD1 picks (2), RD3, and a 2023 RD1.

As the 2021 season plays out….I believe both teams will realize their need for a new QB1. They’d pay almost as much to move up to draft an unknown rookie. Texans just won’t get what they would’ve b/c of Watson’s current issues no matter the outcome.

Miami on the other hand could go: S- Howard (UFA 2025), 2022 RD1, RD3, and 2023 RD1. Texans could try to get a full season in 2021 or 2022 and then put him back on the market for picks…..or they could sit down and knock out an extension through 2026 by handing him a signing bonus and lower his cap hit.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I am hoping that the need for a top five NFL quarterback will motivate some teams to get into a bidding war for d w just like before the civil cases begin to pop.

Multiple probowler QB trumps 2nd year Jeudy and 1st season Surtain plus a round 1.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I usually lean towards draft picks but if I can pick up young guys in their first or second year of rook contract ex: Dre'Mont Jones 24 YOA with 21 and 2022 still on deal; I want that.
NFL teams also lean to giving up draft picks rather than known good commodities. Give examples of teams giving up known top talent rather than draft picks. The point of trading for a current top talent is to win now. Your trades not only inhibit the future, but also the present. No team is going to do that.

badboy

Hall of Fame
NFL teams also lean to giving up draft picks rather than known good commodities. Give examples of teams giving up known top talent rather than draft picks. The point of trading for a current top talent is to win now. Your trades not only inhibit the future, but also the present. No team is going to do that.
NFL players with one year behind them or are in their rookie year this season are not considered current top talent. For example Jerry jeudy, CB Jeff Okudah or ceedee lamb both had reasonably good 2020 but as I see it could be given up for a NFL top five quarterback. And before you come back I do realize that the Cowboys would not be trading for Watson. I was just using Lamb as an example.

Devonta Smith, Pat Surtain or RB Jevonte Williams are rookies that could become trade bait for DW on field talents and stats.

Editors teams like Dolphins who only have a round one projected late 2022 would have to offer players to get W.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Editors teams like Dolphins who only have a round one projected late 2022 would have to offer players to get W.
The Dolphins have the Niners 2023 1st round pick. That's 3 1st rounders in the next 2 drafts. I guess they would want to throw in Tua, but he sucks.

badboy

Hall of Fame
The Dolphins have the Niners 2023 1st round pick. That's 3 1st rounders in the next 2 drafts. I guess they would want to throw in Tua, but he sucks.
The Dolphins traded their own 2022 pick to move up in 2021 draft. The San Francisco round one is expected to be very low in the draft.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Some posters are going to be really disappointed if this POS can avoid jail time and is eventually traded.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Why would you think this?
? You're kidding right? For months you've been stating he should go to prison and now you say posters will be disappointed if he does not go to jail and is Traded? That's you. Some others also but you are head cheer leader that he should go to prison. You have repeatedly asked what team would want D W as the face of their team , remember?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
? You're kidding right? For months you've been stating he should go to prison and now you say posters will be disappointed if he does not go to jail and is Traded? That's you. Some others also but you are head cheer leader that he should go to prison. You have repeatedly asked what team would want D W as the face of their team , remember?
I miss understood you, if convicted he should go to prison. I dont cheer for people to go to prison. I do cheer for sexual predators who use their influence and power to prey on people to do time.

I just think posters are going to be disappointed in what the Texans get back in trade for this POS if he doesn't go to jail. You disagree with me on this and time will tell who's right.

BTW, what is the timeline for when you think he will be traded?

I think if the Texans are lucky it will be before next yrs draft.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I miss understood you, if convicted he should go to prison. I dont cheer for people to go to prison. I do cheer for sexual predators who use their influence and power to prey on people to do time.

I just think posters are going to be disappointed in what the Texans get back in trade for this POS if he doesn't go to jail. You disagree with me on this and time will tell who's right.

BTW, what is the timeline for when you think he will be traded?

I think if the Texans are lucky it will be before next yrs draft.
Timeline for a trade is a complete mystery to me. I would think info reported in this message board indicates a criminal trial if there is one will begin in 2023 and that encourages me to believe that a trade would be sooner rather than later as the purchasing team can play him 2021 and probably most of 2022 if not all.

From what some were predicting early last week that an indictment is more immediate, we seem to be dragging in that regard. By Weds I will be shaking my head.

What continues to surprise me is so many insisting that 'things' will happen 'their way' for certain..but then it doesn't.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Timeline for a trade is a complete mystery to me. I would think info reported in this message board indicates a criminal trial if there is one will begin in 2023 and that encourages me to believe that a trade would be sooner rather than later as the purchasing team can play him 2021 and probably most of 2022 if not all.

From what some were predicting early last week that an indictment is more immediate, we seem to be dragging in that regard. By Weds I will be shaking my head.

What continues to surprise me is so many insisting that 'things' will happen 'their way' for certain..but then it doesn't.
You think a guy who's under indictment for serial sexual assault will even be eligible to be traded? If so, this is where we disagree.

What have posters said would happen in a certain way and then it doesn't? We are all just waiting for the possible criminal indictments. We know that the hearings on the civil suits won't start until around draft time in 2022. I guess there may be teams willing to take a chance on this POS getting acquitted, but I certainly wouldn't make that bet, especially with my job on the line.

badboy

Hall of Fame
You think a guy who's under indictment for serial sexual assault will even be eligible to be traded? If so, this is where we disagree.

What have posters said would happen in a certain way and then it doesn't? We are all just waiting for the possible criminal indictments. We know that the hearings on the civil suits won't start until around draft time in 2022. I guess there may be teams willing to take a chance on this POS getting acquitted, but I certainly wouldn't make that bet, especially with my job on the line.
Of course he would be eligible to be traded per the CBA..having said that..NFL imo already has enough to move DW out of NFL. I don't understand why it has not unless Goodell knows more than many thinks he does. RG could avoid a lot by kicking W out of NFL; improves image, saves McNair bouceaup money and pleases many fans. Still, he hasn't. We know he is definitely not afraid or concerned about the Players Association.

What some posters have said that did not happen is more than I care to post now. However for example just this weekend one poster said that W has no trade value and then contradicted that by saying that at least two teams have been contacting the Texans weekly.

It has also been said that no team would be interested in trading for W even if the civil claims are resolved and the legal claims do not resolve in confinement. Yet we also have many alleged insider sources claiming more than two teams have contacted Houston.
Another whose name skips me for now has repeatedly said no team would want him for face of team yet same sources keep saying opposite.

Last week We were assured that criminal indictment would happen immediately by one of our legal Minds. Still waiting...