Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

All Encompassing Case Keenum Thread

rolyat93

Waterboy
Our qb play has been so bad that case avg qb play has been magnified. Never seen a snap of him in college. Bought in on the message board hype. He is an UDFA. Thats all
Is he better than yates....probably.....is he better than schaub. What does that say. Case is a backup. A new coach will pass him over all im saying.
I hope you didn't pull a hammy back-pedaling.:tiphat:

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
i will admit i dont like the formation we ran today, the RB is like 10 yards behind the LOS, not a good formation IMO. Keenum looked good behind center even in Pre season so we need to stick with that.

ziggy29

Veteran
I've seen nothing in Keenum today that suggests he's a worse option than Schaub or Yates. And at 2-5, while it's not a "lost season" quite yet it's getting close to the point where you want to see what you need to draft. If Keenum lays an egg, take a QB first round. If he looks serviceable at the NFL level, maybe you take an O-lineman instead.

nut

Veteran
I am thinking we will probably need to draft a QB in the upcoming draft. That said, he did pretty darn good considering he's never played in the NFL and was playing against a damn good defense. He surely did better than Schaub who is a complete stiff. Thanks to Sxchaub, Kubiak and special teams, we are already dead in the water and might as well see what he can do. What do we have to lose? He might prove me wrong.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Cause hes not an answer
Disagree. I thought that in the fourth quarter he was fed to the wolves (Some of those blitzes were on him before he had a chance to even setup) but prior to that he looked composed, mobile, and plenty capable. I want to see him play again.

When did our line become not just damaged but total ****? I mean they can't stop anything. That was a 10 sack day if the gimp had started. Easily.

I think Keenum's first start should have been last week against the Rams but that didn't happen. This was one hell of an environment to make your first start in and he did very well. I'd take Keenum over Schaub every single time after what I saw today.

heymak

"I know nothing!"
You guys need to think like a new coach taking over houston and the qb situation
Just curious how well a first time starter should do when the primary running back is out injuried and the number two looked wounded as well. The second half was played by KC as if there was no threat of a run, which there wasn't. At least he showed some pocket presence when he had time. Sucks to lose, but can't put this all on Case.

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
Anyone else noticing the new agenda? Downplay Case who was the undrafted 3rd stringer who just went in Arrowhead against a bad ass Chiefs defense and damn near won the game. Case had no oline, no run game, bad refs, bad clock management from Kubes as well as bad playcalling at time.

Yet..........somehow Case was just "ok", "serviceable" and other downplaying terms? I have not been so dumbfounded in my life. Saying that is like saying it is snowing right now when it's clearly now.

Case made throws that are I dunno, legit NFL QB throws Texans fans don't get to see unless they change the channel to another game/team. Normally most 3rd stringers would just outright suck balls yet today he nearly lead the team to a W in KC, something we know Schaub and Yates would not have done. He far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, outplayed the other 2 QB's yet had either one of them played today I bet they would get excuses on how they played great. Just laughable. I'm just having to tell myself "this is the agenda, I would do the same thing had I just been proven wrong like this".

To be clear, I am NOT saying he is the next Montana or the next franchise QB but damn, don't downplay the best performance you have seen all season. It's insane.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
I think Case is our starter going from here. All this guy needs is more coaching and experience. First thing he needs to work on right now is knowing when to tuck the ball and protect it with both ARMS (not just two HANDS)--I get why he does that; he just risks it a little too long.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
We don't need to draft a QB in the upcoming draft. On that side of the ball our biggest single need is competent offensive linemen who can pass protect. Everything else is fine as it is.

We have RB's. We have WR's. We have a fine young QB who can sling it, is accurate, and mobile. We just can't block worth a damn and that needs to be fixed ASAP. We have some kind of implosion going on over there and none of them look worth a damn right now. No one.

burro

probably drunk
I've seen nothing in Keenum today that suggests he's a worse option than Schaub or Yates. And at 2-5, while it's not a "lost season" quite yet it's getting close to the point where you want to see what you need to draft. If Keenum lays an egg, take a QB first round. If he looks serviceable at the NFL level, maybe you take an O-lineman instead.
Exactly. If Keenum proves he can hang, a RT in the first round is a no brainer.

Lord Bills

Destruction
Cause hes not an answer
lol wut?

I thought Keenum played great today. There where throws that he made today that schaub could have never dreamed of completing.

Keenum had two touchdown passes dropped. Hopkins in the end zone and graham in the first quarter.

Keenum played great today and those blitz sacks where not on him but on Kubiak and his play calling.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
wtf game did you watch? Dude threw a ball all the way across the field 44 yards in the air without having his feet set and the defense had no shot at it (graham barely did). Wish i had such a weak arm.

It's this sort of complete and utter bull**** that nakes the keenum hate camp look like clowns. There are legitimate criticisms of every qb on the planet. There are plenty of things to be concerned about with keenum. The arm is not one of them. It's like a bunch of fkn idiots read the combine scouting report and just keep parroting the arm crap despite having actual, real throws on film to watch.

It's just mind boggling how stupid that is.
^^^^^^^^^this!

nut

Veteran
Case did not look like a deer in the headlights like Schaub despite his inexperience. There were no turtle sacks and he threw downfield. He had good pocket presence and actually got the team to show some emotion. He exhibited leadership qualities and was not a flatliner like Schaub & Yates. The crowd at Reliant would cheer for him and make it louder. Give the guy a chance to see what he can do. It would take a few games to see if he can be the starter.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
We don't need to draft a QB in the upcoming draft. On that side of the ball our biggest single need is competent offensive linemen who can pass protect. Everything else is fine as it is.

We have RB's. We have WR's. We have a fine young QB who can sling it, is accurate, and mobile. We just can't block worth a damn and that needs to be fixed ASAP. We have some kind of implosion going on over there and none of them look worth a damn right now. No one.
Some of that was getting out-schemed at times today.

badboy

Hall of Fame

Exactly, we should draft two O tackles and a safety to replace Manning. Reed needs to go and Swearinger replaces. I think we from drafting # 10 to 9.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
WTF game did you watch? Dude threw a ball all the way across the field 44 yards in the air without having his feet set and the defense had no shot at it (Graham barely did). Wish I had such a weak arm.

It's this sort of complete and utter bull**** that nakes the Keenum hate camp look like clowns. There are legitimate criticisms of every QB on the planet. There are plenty of things to be concerned about with Keenum. The arm is not one of them. It's like a bunch of fkn idiots read the combine scouting report and just keep parroting the arm crap despite having actual, real throws on film to watch.

It's just mind boggling how stupid that is.
Ericadoc going in!!!!!

Tolar's Ghost

Waterboy
For his first NFL start, Keenum did much better than most anyone thought. He should, and probably will, get the start against the Colts.

If they win, their next three games are very winnable (Cardinals, Raiders, Jaguars). And don't tell me the Texans can't win the next game, at home against the Patriots. Did you see the Pats play today? Not so hot. Brady was 1-for-12 on third-down conversions.

It's too early to say if Keenum is their QB of the future. But for those of you who think the draft is the solution, don't be so sure. Did you see how Matt Barkley did today in his NFL debut? He had 129 yards and three 3 INTs -- at home...

Lord Bills

Destruction
the difference was night and day with schaub and keenum.

Vertical ability, the playmaking, the guts to throw beyond the marker, im quite impressed with how case played today.

going to arrowhead, vs unbeaten team, great defense, injuries all over the place, Keenum played well today.

Well enough to warrant another start.

Tolar's Ghost

Waterboy
He'll get it.

I haven't seen Kubiak so excited since, well, I can't remember.

Michael Silver of NFL Media (formerly of Yahoo Sports) is pretty astute. He said on NFL Network a few nights ago that if Schaub is replaced as the starting QB, he won't get the job back.

I think he'll be proven right.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
dude was smiling after the loss (several times). Hate that.

None of the greats (Brady, Manning, etc) ever smile after a loss as they are winners.

He played well enough, but its very obvious he doesn't have the arm strength or frame to be an NFL QB. The guy who is going to lead us to our first super bowl is not on the roster.
Dude, really? You must be blind or you're just talking out of your fourth point of contact. It's ridiculous statements like this that I can't understand. He's got plenty of arm strength and he looks like an NFL QB to me back there so I don't know where you're getting this stuff about his "frame".

I want to see what he does back there with a couple of weeks of first team snaps and in front of a home crowd.

It would also be nice if the Texans could find a RT somewhere but I'm sure that's asking for too much.

Rey

Coincidence that a lot of the same people proclaiming case would stink are now the same folks downplaying whatever success he had today?

No.

If that was our 2nd round pick from last season that just stepped in and had that game I think folks would be more reasonable with their evaluations. But since people had such strong opinions they can't come out and say I was wrong. Case does possibly have a future.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Oh no, with Cushing done you can be certain that 2-5 is about as lost as this season can possibly get. We're done.

fiasco west

All Pro
Coincidence that a lot of the same people pro claiming case would stink are now the same folks downplaying whatever success he had today?

No.

If that was our 2nd round pick from last season that just stepped in and had that game I think folks would be more reasonable with their evaluations. But since people had such strong opinions they can't come out and say I was wrong. Case does possibly have a future.
Exactly.

Some people were expecting him to play like garbage...and he outplays a lot of QBs that went against KC this year with literally no HB and now he's just "Okay."

It's whatever, if this guy is improving from what he did today...I'm not even going to say it. Kid has a LOT of potential.

Yeah he didn't play perfect (who does?) but his mistakes did not lose the game (unlike our previous QBs) and his play was the reason we were in it despite not having a RB.

If Foster plays we EASILY win this game. If you think otherwise then you are basically saying that Foster is worth only one point. Hopefully the bye week is just what Foster and this offense need to get things right again.

I think the only thing that could save Kubes job for another year is Case now. I'd be surprised if he trots Schaub back out there...

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Ok lock the thread. I'm wrong. A new coach will think case is the answer

Maybe. Maybe not. What's stupid is thinking that any of us knows what a new coach will think if one is brought in after this season. You have no idea what will play out over the next 9 weeks. Keenum could get another start, improve in front of the home crowd at Reliant and never sit back down. For all any of us know right now he could end up being one of the few bright spots of this season (which is looking pretty grim at the moment).

Or he could sit back down in two weeks and never see the field again. We could stagger through this mess with Matt Schaub and his gimpy sloth routine.

We don't know and neither do you. Saying "A new coach will cut case" is just stupid because you don't know what that coach will be looking at yet. If he only saw today he probably still wouldn't just outright cut him. Beyond today nobody knows.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Case played better than I thought we had any right to hope he could, and I was totally impressed with his guts and performance today in KC.
Dunno what's gonna happen in the coming weeks for the Texans, but my thought is that Case should be our starter when we suit up after the bye to play the Colts.

He could cut him for his own guy, but it won't be because of today. He wasn't perfect, but he showed more than either Schaub or Yates. He deserves to finish this season as the starter.

He was handicapped by another poor game by the o-line and a typical poorly planned game by Kubiak. To top it off he went up against the #1 D in one of the toughest places to play. That is a sick D. I wish we had a more creative defensive scheme that could dial up some pressure like that. Keenum didn't handle the pressure well, but everyone knew it was coming & our coach failed to help his QB.

Lord Bills

Destruction
people need to watch that game again. Case played terrific considering his green circumstance and the team he was playing including the location.

The man made plays left and right out there. He was totally sabotaged by Kubiak and his idiotic decisions and play calling.

Not having a no huddle hurry up offense and not letting your QB freely audible is costing this team timeouts and chances to win the game.

Case did not look like a deer in the headlights like Schaub despite his inexperience. There were no turtle sacks and he threw downfield. He had good pocket presence and actually got the team to show some emotion. He exhibited leadership qualities and was not a flatliner like Schaub & Yates. The crowd at Reliant would cheer for him and make it louder. Give the guy a chance to see what he can do. It would take a few games to see if he can be the starter.
I think that pass to Graham that he dropped was 6 if he ran through the route instead of jumping. He's got a livlier arm at this point.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Your credibility is going down the drain with this thread and other posts since the end of the game, ATX.

Most say, and rightly so, that Case represented himself well today especially given the many circumstances of this particular game. He leaves a lot to ponder about what he can do in the future (without anointing him The Savior). You try and save face by acting like we all think he's The Answer. Wow.

I'm looking forward to seeing him start again. Case has MADE me interested.

Also, when the urge is strong enough to start YET ANOTHER thread about Case......wanna give us a little more than 'just 'cuz'?