Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

All Encompassing Andre Johnson Thread (Just got some disturbing news about A Johnson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see foster, never mentioned if Dre wants to play somewhere else. Everyone knows he's not going anywhere.

What does this mean from the article?

"With the lack of prolonged success, Foster says he gets why Johnson wants to play in a different uniform."

What does this mean from the article?

"With the lack of prolonged success, Foster says he gets why Johnson wants to play in a different uniform."

11 seasons, 3 winning seasons and 2 play off appearances, i'm sure that's what Foster means as far as looking at it from AJs perspective !

I like the if game

IF i was bill gates i'd be a billionaire

IF i was Channing Tatum i would be a whore

IF Lord Bills was a texans fan he would say US

IF people were smarter they could stay off the short bus

OK

i really do hope AJ accomplishes all those things this year as a member of the texans.

First he needs to dry his tears, leave his pitty party, put away his snuggle with a picture of Johnny Football and bring his ass to camp !
Now hold on there, those people on the short bus got to leave school 15 minutes early everyday and their bus was air conditioned. Who is smarter on that one?:ahhaha:

11 seasons, 3 winning seasons and 2 play off appearances, i'm sure that's what Foster means as far as looking at it from AJs perspective !

Along with some other posts in this thread, this illustration gives me a sense of speculation that doesn't necessarily mirror, but has a very eerie similarity to that of the last couple of years for Barry Sanders in Detroit.

Having watched the E:60 kind of portrayal of Barry in past years, it gave a glimpse of Barry years after his departure that helped understand the man, the situation and circumstances from his perspective, that during the time, due to his quiet, reserved, private demeanor, all anyone could do was speculate. When he departed suddenly the way he did, a lot of fans were hurt/angry, but since, through the years, some of the truth has been presented that changed the perception and feelings toward him today.

Similarly, I feel Andre is one of the closest resemblances in today's NFL to compare to that of Barry Sanders in terms of demeanor, talent and unrewarded in respect to post season accomplishments as a TEAM. Like Barry, I don't believe Dre's motivation is about getting paid as much as possible, fame or stats. It's about winning. Like Barry, I'm guessing it grinds on him to have the talent and drive to win, and prove it over and over again, only to never taste the ultimate goal. That should take a toll on anyone.

Was Kubiak Andre's Wayne Fontes? Is BOB Andre's Bobby Ross?
or
Was Schaub Andre's Scott Mitchell? Is Fitz Andre's Charlie Batch?

Who knows whats really behind Andre's closed doors? But I'm hesitant to get too down on the man right now. I'm hopeful he suits up for this season's opener, but have little doubt that his last days are coming sooner than I like. Maybe not this year, but soon.

Without question in my mind, Andre has always been a class act, and I don't think that's a show. As great as I think(many do) he is, he's just like anyone else, and if you want to call it a fault, his private reserved ways will never serve him well in terms of fan speculation & criticism who feel entitled to the truth.

Last edited:
Along with some other posts in this thread, this illustration gives me a sense of speculation that doesn't necessarily mirror, but has a very eerie similarity to that of the last couple of years for Barry Sanders in Detroit.

Having watched the E:60 kind of portrayal of Barry in past years, it gave a glimpse of Barry years after his departure that helped understand the man, the situation and circumstances from his perspective, that during the time, due to his quiet, reserved, private demeanor, all anyone could do was speculate. When he departed suddenly the way he did, a lot of fans were hurt/angry, but since, through the years, some of the truth has been presented that changed the perception and feelings toward him today.

Similarly, I feel Andre is one of the closest resemblances in today's NFL to compare to that of Barry Sanders in terms of demeanor, talent and unrewarded in respect to post season accomplishments as a TEAM. Like Barry, I don't believe Dre's motivation is about getting paid as much as possible, fame or stats. It's about winning. Like Barry, I'm guessing it grinds on him to have the talent and drive to win, and prove it over and over again, only to never taste the ultimate goal. That should take a toll on anyone.

or

Who knows whats really behind Andre's closed doors? But I'm hesitant to get too down on the man right now. I'm hopeful he suits up for this season's opener, but have little doubt that his last days are coming sooner than I like. Maybe not this year, but soon.

Without question in my mind, Andre has always been a class act, and I don't think that's a show. As great as I think(many do) he is, he's just like anyone else, and if you want to call it a fault, his private reserved ways will never serve him well in terms of fan speculation & criticism who feel entitled to the truth.

That was your 666 post, and i'm supposed to take that seriously :kitten:

But i do agree with you !

or

Great post

If AJ truly feels this way he should retire. If not he should tell his uncle to shut up and get his a** in camp. Post 666 are you the Devil......

or

Great post, Trail.Blazr! Rep coming your way.

Not to take anything away from Andre, but one important chronicle of events must be interjected to set off Sanders' "retirement/fulfillment" situation from Andre's. By the time Sanders left football, in 10 seasons of play, he was a 10-time Pro Bowler and a 6-time first-team All-Pro. Andre, at this point in time after 11 seasons of play, has been a 7-time Pro Bowler and a 2-time first-team All-Pro.

Bottom line, by the time Sanders reached his "fill," he had already accumulated undisputed HOF numbers. The same cannot be said for Andre.

Great post, Trail.Blazr! Rep coming your way.

Not to take anything away from Andre, but one important chronicle of events must be interjected to set off Sanders' "retirement/fulfillment" situation from Andre's. By the time Sanders left football, in 10 seasons of play, he was a 10-time Pro Bowler and a 6-time first-team All-Pro. Andre, at this point in time after 11 seasons of play, has been a 7-time Pro Bowler and a 2-time first-team All-Pro.

Bottom line, by the time Sanders reached his "fill," he had already accumulated undisputed HOF numbers. The same cannot be said for Andre.

Not to mention it is a passing league now, where QBs and WRs are now getting ungodly #s. People can say what they want but i'm sure the HOF is also on Andres mind, i remember when he first came out of college he said something along the lines of he wanted to be the best to ever play the game. Dont get me wrong he has been good but far from the best.

Texans being pretty petty with Johnson
Smith has little to stand on when it comes to his handling of Johnson. How, and why, he allowed this to fester is baffling.

The Texans report for training camp Friday. Johnson doesn't need to be there, but he should be. First-year coach Bill O'Brien wants him there. His teammates would benefit from him being there. McNair should make sure he is there.

After a cheesy move to deny Johnson a $1 million bonus this summer, the Texans should guarantee Johnson's contract for the 2015 season. They say they want him to retire as a Texan, so they should prove it by committing to him.

The precedent is you deliver, we deliver. That is the message you want J.J. Watt to receive.

This isn't an impasse. It isn't a negotiation. And though money is now involved, it wasn't at all about money...

Kind of a retarded article IMO, Andre got payed for delivering, paid very well. He was the highest paid WR in the NFL at one point. Also he makes it seem like Andre helped us out many times by restructuring his contract and got noting in return haha.

Also love how all these talking heads make the Texans front office out to be bad guys in all this yet not one single article mentions the team giving him a new contract a few years ago when Dre realized how bad a deal Uncle Melton agreed to. They didn't have to do it but they did.

Also love how all these talking heads make the Texans front office out to be bad guys in all this yet not one single article mentions the team giving him a new contract a few years ago when Dre realized how bad a deal Uncle Melton agreed to. They didn't have to do it but they did.

Had you taken the time to read the article you would have seen that it was indeed addressed. It was addressed in this article and several other times it has been mentioned elsewhere.

Pretty sure i worked around murders, rapists at a max facility unit for 3+ years, starting at age 19. There isn't much i wouldn't say to someones face, including AJ. A place like that gives you courage you never knew you had or shows you that you aren't as tough as you thought you were. I made it 3 years so take it for what its worth.

ohh yess because being a corrections officer automatically makes you such a bad mother F who bleeds volcanic lava and craps out ninja stars.

man not only are you a homerism champ, but you also moonlight as the white rick ross.

somebody stop this bad man!!!!

is this guy serious?

:toropalm:

ohh yess because being a corrections officer automatically makes you such a bad mother F who bleeds volcanic lava and craps out ninja stars.

man not only are you a homerism champ, but you also moonlight as the white rick ross.

is this guy serious?

Rick Ross the rapper or Freeway Rick Ross

Had you taken the time to read the article you would have seen that it was indeed addressed. It was addressed in this article and several other times it has been mentioned elsewhere.

Please show me where else it has been mentioned. Especially at the national level.

Know what? Ill say it: **** Dre. he has come off like a typical prima donna WR in the league. He wanted to win the favor of the fans to his predicament and it backfired.

is this guy serious?

Didnt say that to appear as a bad ass, said that to simply show it dont matter if it is AJ or not why in the hell would i be scared to say it to his face.

HAHA i have seen a ex marine piss his pants and run out of our Ad Seg wing during a orientation tour. I have seen a fellow officer kicked nearly to death by 3 inmates, she had to have plastic surgery and is now blind. I myself was stabbed twice by an inamte who came out of their cuffs. This isnt even 1% of all the crap i have seen and been through.

What the F would you know about any of that you little *****.

Didnt say that to appear as a bad ass, said that to simply show it dont matter if it is AJ or not why in the hell would i be scared to say it to his face.

HAHA i have seen a ex marine piss his pants and run out of our Ad Seg wing during a orientation tour. I have seen a fellow officer kicked nearly to death by 3 inmates, she had to have plastic surgery and is now blind. I myself was stabbed twice by an inamte who came out of their cuffs. This isnt even 1% of all the crap i have seen and been through.

Don't let him get your goat .

He's like a kid playing on his dad's CB radio .

Please show me where else it has been mentioned. Especially at the national level.

Know what? Ill say it: **** Dre. he has come off like a typical prima donna WR in the league. He wanted to win the favor of the fans to his predicament and it backfired.

Your mind is already made up and it's not my intention to try to change it. I don't care what you think. Just pointing out that your wrong, that indeed it was mentioned in the very article that you said it was not. Pretty simple, really. It has been discussed by the "talking heads" as well. I can't quote a TV show but I KNOW what I've heard.

Carry on TX.

Your mind is already made up and it's not my intention to try to change it. I don't care what you think. Just pointing out that your wrong, that indeed it was mentioned in the very article that you said it was not. Pretty simple, really. It has been discussed by the "talking heads" as well. I can't quote a TV show but I KNOW what I've heard.

Carry on TX.

My mind was made up when it was never mentioned. Pendergrast was the first one to even locally mention it a couple weeks ago. Go Google search it and find me one national article that mentions it

Carry on TX.

My mind was made up when it was never mentioned. Pendergrast was the first one to even locally mention it a couple weeks ago. Go Google search it and find me one national article that mentions it

Wow guys no need to get all heated over this, i have read almost every article about AJ and i remember maybe 1 local article that mentioned it. As far as national media goes it seems they only mention how AJ did all this and that to help the team and none of the later.

Either way we all know restructuring pays off just as much for the player, hell prob even more considering the large amounts they get paid towards the end of their contracts.

Alex, I'll take Things I'd Never Say To Andre's Face But Go All Hard On An Internet Forum for $1000 please.

A true friend needs to say this very thing. He's getting advice from a fan who would never say what is needed to be said. Unfortunately, it is his Uncle.

Carry on TX.
There is a difference between mentioning it in a dismissive way and actually discussing it. It has not been part of the analysis even while being mentioned. Thank the desire for interviews for such behavior.

Apparently he doesn't care for O'Brian. Wonder why? Could be early signs of trouble ahead. Johnson is a class act. Maybe our new coach isn't!

He apparently does not care for the Bill O’Brian way of doing things. O’Brian is a hard coach. Not soft like Kubiak. Johnson is too late in his career to want to deal with this guys my way or the highway style of coaching.

He apparently does not care for the Bill O’Brian way of doing things. O’Brian is a hard coach. Not soft like Kubiak. Johnson is too late in his career to want to deal with this guys my way or the highway style of coaching.

According to what source?

When I read about OBrians first mini-camp it reminded me of my introduction to boot camp at MCRD.

You have nothing on your person to indicate you are a Marine with the exception of the USMC that is stamped above the pocket on your fatigue shirt. No pins and no chevrons on your collar or cap. Most recruits wouldn’t have chevrons anyway, but I had been in the reserves for over a year and had attained PFC rank before boot camp. I already knew many of the things the other recruits had to learn, but that didn’t matter, was just a boot like everyone else. No exception for anyone.

We wore boondockers instead of combat boots, your trousers were not bloused and your shirt remained buttoned all the way up all the time.

Nothing to suggest you were a Marine yet.

You were referred to as arse hole, mf’er, chit head and a few worse names for 16 weeks of boot camp. And there was the hair cut. :)

The day you graduate from boot camp the entire company performs close order marching drills on the parade field to the marine corps hymn played by the Marine Corps band.

One by one you are saluted by the camp commander,your drill sergeant and called a Marine for the first time when your drill sergeant says "congratulations Marine".

Nothing given, you earn it, and I still feel a certain pride when I recall it.

Not all survive the cut.

Maybe O Brien wants everyone to earn the title Houston Texan? :idonno:

Time for AJ to shape up or ship out.

:coffee:

of course you did. that's why you mentioned it. why would you be scared? because you're you and he's AJ. Stop frontin so hard.

this guy really is serious. a corrections officer trying to parlay his incompetence at his job and ended up getting stabbed as some hardcore tough guy martyrdom. Yea do your job better and pay attention to details maybe next time your incompetence wont cause you getting stabbed.

lol at ex marine pissin his pants that must have been some marine sitting behind a desk and not someone whose seen battle. Again stop parlaying your life as a corrections officer as some equivalent of tupac's thug life.

its embarrassing despite all the cheerleading you are getting here.

You want to know what's impressive about you? those 3 kids you have in your avatar if that's yours. That's more badass and hardcore than you being a incompetent corrections officer. Raising 3 kids is harder than anything in the world. That's what you should have been proud of.

Instead you tout being a incompetent corrections officer and being stabbed making yourself out to be some badass OG.

When I read about OBrians first mini-camp it reminded me of my introduction to boot camp at MCRD.

You have nothing on your person to indicate you are a Marine with the exception of the USMC that is stamped above the pocket on your fatigue shirt. No pins and no chevrons on your collar or cap. Most recruits wouldn’t have chevrons anyway, but I had been in the reserves for over a year and had attained PFC rank before boot camp. I already knew many of the things the other recruits had to learn, but that didn’t matter, was just a boot like everyone else. No exception for anyone.

We wore boondockers instead of combat boots, your trousers were not bloused and your shirt remained buttoned all the way up all the time.

You were referred to as arse hole, mf’er, chit head and a few worse names for 16 weeks of boot camp. And there was the hair cut. :)

The day you graduate from boot camp the entire company performs close order marching drills on the parade field to the marine corps hymn played by the Marine Corps band.

One by one you are saluted by the camp commander,your drill sergeant and called a Marine for the first time when your drill sergeant says "congratulations Marine".

Not all survive the cut.

I like this mentality...but then again I'm an Army brat and prior service. I think we got too comfortable as a team last year after 2 decent seasons and look what happened to us.

......Excellent story from cuppacoffee, no need for me to repeat all of it......

You know, to take that a step further the one thing I really have a problem with in all of this is the way AJ has chosen to go about doing it and the timing of it all.

I get that he's a veteran, an old timer, and a guy who has earned what he has but he plays on a team and he wants to play on a winning team. Maybe AJ doesn't feel he needs to earn it all over again (and that's a problem because in the NFL you have to earn it every single year) but he's gotta be able to look around his teams locker room and know that it's filled with guys who do need to earn it. Sometimes you don't put up with the BS because you need it. You put up with it because the team needs it.

When he walked off the field before the end of the game last year I think he quit right then and there on the team and I'd be alright with that if he'd basically just stuck to his guns and said "I'm not coming back and I'll take whatever deal is necessary to get someplace else" because that's saying I want to win more than I want more money. That's something I understand. He's done this expansion team BS and been a good sport but now he'd rather move on and he's willing to retire and give up a bunch of money to make it happen.

Except he isn't willing to do any of that at all.

He's basically undermined the new regime by refusing to participate and work with them or learn their system. He's hurt the Texans chances to be what he wants them to be and yet he still expected them to cut him some slack and give him his bonus money if he put in a little extra credit? This isn't "Proud Warrior AJ whose being held back by the team" we're looking at here. It's "Self-centered AJ who's demonstrating the kind of mentality that makes him part of the problem".

If he doesn't show up at the start of training camp or shortly thereafter you're talking about a guy who will be damn near useless to us this season without any knowledge of the offense and with zero chemistry with the guy throwing him the ball. This is a hell of a time for AJ to pull this crap.

Not all survive the cut.

I was never in any service, but I did play football through college and I agree with that mentality.

Time to show up or move on. Make a commitment either way. That would be nice.

Last I read, Andre was comfortable with the new coaches which is why he decided to reports to camp in the middle OTA's.

of course you did. that's why you mentioned it. why would you be scared? because you're you and he's AJ. Stop frontin so hard.

this guy really is serious. a corrections officer trying to parlay his incompetence at his job and ended up getting stabbed as some hardcore tough guy martyrdom. Yea do your job better and pay attention to details maybe next time your incompetence wont cause you getting stabbed.

lol at ex marine pissin his pants that must have been some marine sitting behind a desk and not someone whose seen battle. Again stop parlaying your life as a corrections officer as some equivalent of tupac's thug life.

its embarrassing despite all the cheerleading you are getting here.

You want to know what's impressive about you? those 3 kids you have in your avatar if that's yours. That's more badass and hardcore than you being a incompetent corrections officer. Raising 3 kids is harder than anything in the world. That's what you should have been proud of.

Instead you tout being a incompetent corrections officer and being stabbed making yourself out to be some badass OG.

you have no clue do you, you are simply a waste of breathe. Inmates break their wrists so they can slip out of the cuffs dumb ass, also if we put them on to tight they can press free world charges for assault on you. And THEY WILL. When you show up to work with 14 guards and have to watch over 1800 inmates it is a little tough. Ever had **** and piss thrown in your face. Ever been jumped by 5 dudes with shanks trying to kill you as part of a gang initiation only to be saved by a rival gang that so happens to be the same race as you ? Ever had some dumb broad on the phone open the wrong cell and walk off while your left there to fend against 2 death row inmates while the new guard you are training runs off while you are getting beat to death. It did get me 2 weeks off work so it wasn't all bad. Ever been locked in a chow hall during a massive riot with 200+ inmates looking to destroy anyone in grey ? Get a clue before you try to tell me what it is and isn't like in their please.

And a few people on here have worked where i work and been through what i have been through as well, and those that dont dont say anything. Instead of talk like you who knows everything since you maybe saw it on TV one time.

Done derailing this thread as well.

you have no clue do you, you are simply a waste of breathe. Inmates break their wrists so they can slip out of the cuffs dumb ass, also if we put them on to tight they can press free world charges for assault on you. And THEY WILL. When you show up to work with 14 guards and have to watch over 1800 inmates it is a little tough. Ever had **** and piss thrown in your face. Ever been jumped by 5 dudes with shanks trying to kill you as part of a gang initiation only to be saved by a rival gang that so happens to be the same race as you ? Ever had some dumb broad on the phone open the wrong cell and walk off while your left there to fend against 2 death row inmates while the new guard you are training runs off while you are getting beat to death. It did get me 2 weeks off work so it wasn't all bad. Ever been locked in a chow hall during a massive riot with 200+ inmates looking to destroy anyone in grey ? Get a clue before you try to tell me what it is and isn't like in their please.

And a few people on here have worked where i work and been through what i have been through as well, and those that dont dont say anything. Instead of talk like you who knows everything since you maybe saw it on TV one time.

Done derailing this thread as well.

No, but his little sister did knock the piss out of him once!

Really classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back