Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

All encompassing 2022 draft thoughts thread

Interesting take on this site… if I were a betting man still I would be all over the Kyle Hamilton odds:

2022 NFL DRAFT - FIRST SAFETY PICK ODDS
Dax Hill -175
Lewis Cine +200
Jaquan Brisker +600
Jalen Pitre +650
Kyle Hamilton +1600
Nick Cross +5000
Bryan Cook +5000
Tycen Anderson +7500
Kerby Joseph +7500
Yusuf Corker +10000
Smoke Monday +10000
J.T. Woods +10000
Juanyeh Thomas +10000
Delarrin Turner-Yell +10000
Quentin Lake +10000
Leon O'Neal +10000
Percy Butler +10000
Nolan Turner +10000
Brad Hawkins +10000
Dane Belton +10000
Scott Nelson +10000
Reed Blankenship +10000
Verone McKinley +10000
Qwynnterrio Cole +15000
Joey Blount +15000
Markquese Bell +15000
Kolby Harvell-Peel +15000
Bubba Bolden +15000
Jack Koerner +15000
Chris Moore +15000
Tristin McCollum +15000
put me down for a grand..lol.

Texans could use one of those late picks to move #13 up the board.
Three first rounders next year will buy you a top QB next year if Mills ain't it.
our own round one will get us a QB in 2023. The 28-32 not so much a great pick. I really like where we are at 3 & 13

what would bother me taking him at three would involve what NC calls the horizontal draft. I think the cream of the big guys on the OL and DL will be gone by 13 and those positions become more problematic to draft yet we need them for an inside-out rebuild.
Tackles maybe although Penning and perhaps Cross should be 13 but OGs there much later.
Dline: several options day two.

We should have a much clearer picture after season 2.
Keep in mind #29 + #13 could buy you Giants #5.
29 + 13 for 5 interests me if 1) Hutch not there 2) Jets do not take Sauce or trade to someone who does. It just doesn't feel like enough.

29 + 13 for 5 interests me if 1) Hutch not there 2) Jets do not take Sauce or trade to someone who does. It just doesn't feel like enough.
It is actually a little more value for Giants on the chart.
Don't forget the KC first next year as well - yes it's likely in the 30s, but still a good trade chip.

Last edited:
Interesting take on this site… if I were a betting man still I would be all over the Kyle Hamilton odds:

2022 NFL DRAFT - FIRST SAFETY PICK ODDS
Dax Hill -175
Lewis Cine +200
Jaquan Brisker +600
Jalen Pitre +650
Kyle Hamilton +1600
Nick Cross +5000
Bryan Cook +5000
Tycen Anderson +7500
Kerby Joseph +7500
Yusuf Corker +10000
Smoke Monday +10000
J.T. Woods +10000
Juanyeh Thomas +10000
Delarrin Turner-Yell +10000
Quentin Lake +10000
Leon O'Neal +10000
Percy Butler +10000
Nolan Turner +10000
Brad Hawkins +10000
Dane Belton +10000
Scott Nelson +10000
Reed Blankenship +10000
Verone McKinley +10000
Qwynnterrio Cole +15000
Joey Blount +15000
Markquese Bell +15000
Kolby Harvell-Peel +15000
Bubba Bolden +15000
Jack Koerner +15000
Chris Moore +15000
Tristin McCollum +15000

I couldn't find that one, don't see how Hamilton isn't 1st safety picked.

Malik Willis is +5000 for pick 7. I think that is who the Saints will target and they have to likely jump the Falcons to get him by trading 16 and 19 for 7.

I couldn't find that one, don't see how Hamilton isn't 1st safety picked.

Malik Willis is +5000 for pick 7. I think that is who the Saints will target and they have to likely jump the Falcons to get him by trading 16 and 19 for 7.
It's looking like some teams have a very high grade on Willis. Someone said he's the best they've seen since Young.
We could see some movement very early for him.

As long as they take an o-linemen at 3 or 13 I will probably be good with this draft. If they don't take an o-lineman in the 1st round, I'll probably not like it. Just have to wait and see I guess.

I'm OK if Caserio drafts defense in the 1st.

If they dont pick Neal then I'm hoping for Jermaine Johnson to be the pick at 1-3. If he falls to 1-13 then that will be a steal.

I'm OK if Caserio drafts defense in the 1st.

If they dont pick Neal then I'm hoping for Jermaine Johnson to be the pick at 1-3. If he falls to 1-13 then that will be a steal.
There sure is a lot of chatter today that Hutchinson could fall to the Texans. Jags go with Walker and Detroit surprises by taking Thibodeaux.

610 had some comments from a coach, who compared Hutchinson to J.J. Watt.

This league source could likely be the Chronicle's Brooks Kubena. He's projecting, in this mornings Chronicle, that Houston trades up with Seattle to select Stingley at #9, after taking Ekwonu at #3.
Probably close to a worst-case scenario, taking an OG at #3 and trading up and wasting high dollar draft capital for a crippled CB.

A dream upgrade for our line:-

It is actually a little more value for Giants on the chart.
Don't forget the KC first next year as well - yes it's likely in the 30s, but still a good trade chip.
enticing but i would probably say no at this time. Now if Sauce gone...better odds for me to say yes

If we try to move down from 13 it'll cost us one of next years 1st round picks. Not worth it!
Bro, I’m not telling you what I want.
I’m telling you what I think HOU wants.
I think they have a player they know or are pretty sure they are getting at 3 and they also want either Stingley or a WR that they know they have to trade up to get.

There sure is a lot of chatter today that Hutchinson could fall to the Texans. Jags go with Walker and Detroit surprises by taking Thibodeaux.

610 had some comments from a coach, who compared Hutchinson to J.J. Watt.
That's what I am hearing also and posted the link to one of those in Nystrum. Hutch to Watt was comparison during the season as he played.

There's got to be fire with this smoke. For days now, two names keep popping up as being VERY high on the Texans board - Stingley and Wilson. CB and WR. Two highly needed skill type positions. I'm more of a build inside out type, but I'd be happy with those guys overall. Granted....I am worried about Stingley but I'm not a Dr. I don't even play one on TV. If they draft the guy at #3, you can be sure he's been poked and prodded more times than a hooker on a Saturday night. I will still be concerned but hope for the best.

It wouldn't completely shock me if they found a way to draft both. I think these are their top targets.

The fly in the ointment is Detroit. If Hutch is there, I do believe they take Hutch. I still don't buy it personally. I think Detroit takes Hutch, but if they are that stupid and pass, it would take me exactly 2 seconds to put Hutch's name on a card and turn it in.

I had a chance to rewatch like 8 condensed games from the 2019 season. The oline was effective because of 2 things, Hopkins forcing safety help and the rbs. Hyde and Johnson played well, in particular Hyde. He ran through and broke a fair amount of tackles and leaned forward for positive yards. The Hopkins effect was safety over the top or lb brackets underneath so it was always a light box. The oline and the non ability to run the ball is more on the rbs in my opinion.

I hope Nick doesnt feel the need to get cute! Don't move up at the expense of giving up our other picks. Move down a few if you feel the need.
I think he is interested {barring unbelievable offer} to keep 3, trade down 13 and trade up other rounds as offers come in. He got 5.170 for a 6th and 7th.. the two threes and fours get him into bottom of round two for two players. Also all four could get into end of round one if someone needs additional picks. Say Chiefs if they are trading up from one of their round ones?

I had a chance to rewatch like 8 condensed games from the 2019 season. The oline was effective because of 2 things, Hopkins forcing safety help and the rbs. Hyde and Johnson played well, in particular Hyde. He ran through and broke a fair amount of tackles and leaned forward for positive yards. The Hopkins effect was safety over the top or lb brackets underneath so it was always a light box. The oline and the non ability to run the ball is more on the rbs in my opinion.
using your post, we need Treylon Burks and Breece Hall. although not outstanding at receiving targets Walker broke many tackles running leading league IIRC.

Mills showed us he was the guy during the last 4-5 games. The kid has potential, so it would be best for the Texans to build around him.
I say Mills showed he could be guy in last 4-5 games but at the end of this season it has to be an overwhelming fact not a "well he looked better than expected so maybe in one more year..". We cannot wait that long. We should have a top 3 draft pick in 2023 even if Mill progresses as I hope so I don't want to play around hoping he's franchise. Either Pep is the guy to make Mills successful as he has others or he needs to go.

Back