Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

All encompassing 2022 draft thoughts thread

would NYG take 13 {1150} + 68 {250}+ 107 {80} = 1480 for 7 {1500}?

Personally, I’d be more inclined to see if a deal could be made with NO. The Saints would get the Texans 3 (2200) and 107 (80) picks for their 16 (1000), 19 (875), and 49th (410) picks. Saints would be a -5 pts total in this deal.

Losing the opportunity to land Ekwonu would be a bummer, but it could be turned around if they really solidified the trenches with those 3 RD1 picks (13, 16, & 19). I could get pretty excited if they walked away from RD1 with OG- Zion Johnson, OG- Kenyon Green, and DT- Travis Jones.

If the Texans could come out of RD2 (37 & 49) with RB- Breece Hall and DE- Logan Hall or DE- Cameron Thomas that would be a win on both sides of the ball.

Texans need to take advantage of the defensive depth in this draft while getting the offensive coffers filled early.

Personally, I’d be more inclined to see if a deal could be made with NO. The Saints would get the Texans 3 (2200) and 107 (80) picks for their 16 (1000), 19 (875), and 49th (410) picks. Saints would be a -5 pts total in this deal.

Losing the opportunity to land Ekwonu would be a bummer, but it could be turned around if they really solidified the trenches with those 3 RD1 picks (13, 16, & 19). I could get pretty excited if they walked away from RD1 with OG- Zion Johnson, OG- Kenyon Green, and DT- Travis Jones.

If the Texans could come out of RD2 (37 & 49) with RB- Breece Hall and DE- Logan Hall or DE- Cameron Thomas that would be a win on both sides of the ball.

Texans need to take advantage of the defensive depth in this draft while getting the offensive coffers filled early.
Yeah I have posted similar trade down to Saints but you are giving up guys you know you can get at 3 for guys you hope there at 16, 19 and 49. A strong return for 13 first would allow me to be more inclined to move 3.

There's got to be fire with this smoke. For days now, two names keep popping up as being VERY high on the Texans board - Stingley and Wilson. CB and WR. Two highly needed skill type positions. I'm more of a build inside out type, but I'd be happy with those guys overall. Granted....I am worried about Stingley but I'm not a Dr. I don't even play one on TV. If they draft the guy at #3, you can be sure he's been poked and prodded more times than a hooker on a Saturday night. I will still be concerned but hope for the best.

It wouldn't completely shock me if they found a way to draft both. I think these are their top targets.

The fly in the ointment is Detroit. If Hutch is there, I do believe they take Hutch. I still don't buy it personally. I think Detroit takes Hutch, but if they are that stupid and pass, it would take me exactly 2 seconds to put Hutch's name on a card and turn it in.
I can’t argue with this.

using your post, we need Treylon Burks and Breece Hall. although not outstanding at receiving targets Walker broke many tackles running leading league IIRC.
Whatever is clever. Everyone has bias in terms of whom they think are the best players. Me personally, I think Williams is the best coverage dictator because of his over the top heat and td waiting to happen ability. As far as running back, they just need young legs. I could go with anyone on the lowest scoring offense in the nfl. You can sell me on anyone. I actually think they need 2. In an ideal situation,Burkhead is a fill ,not a consistent carrier of the ball. In the 4th and 5th rd, there were still quality runners available.

Mills showed us he was the guy during the last 4-5 games. The kid has potential, so it would be best for the Texans to build around him.
I think he has potential but I need more than 4 to 5 games to determine if he's the guy. That doesn't mean I want the Texans to draft a QB tonight. I do want him to have more weapons so we can see if he's the guy. That said, Texans, please do not trade up from 13 for a wide receiver.

Moving up to say 7 from 13 would cost us a future 2, 4, and 5. I am not interested in that.

If we traded a future 1st the Giants would return their 3rd this year as compensation. That equal trade value anyway.
read your post I originally quoted and you can see my confusion as you said trading down from 13 would cost us a future first. typo?

I wouldn’t want to gamble the number 3 pick on someone coming of a lisfranc injury (cloakndagger could fill us more on this). I rather they go with sauce instead
Yeah, I get it. However, Stingley at LSU Pro Day ran a 4.37 40-yard dash, recorded a vertical of 38.5" and a broad jump of 10'2." Per NFL Network, the 40 time and vertical would have ranked in the top five among cornerbacks at the NFL Combine, and both would have ranked first among the cornerbacks being discussed as first-round picks.
He’s fine. He isn’t injured and has proven as much.
We all keep acting like he had his right foot amputated.
He’s going to go by pick 7 more than likely and is as much a shut down corner as Sauce. And everyone here knows I love me some Sauce.

Yeah, I get it. However, Stingley at LSU Pro Day ran a 4.37 40-yard dash, recorded a vertical of 38.5" and a broad jump of 10'2." Per NFL Network, the 40 time and vertical would have ranked in the top five among cornerbacks at the NFL Combine, and both would have ranked first among the cornerbacks being discussed as first-round picks.
He’s fine. He isn’t injured and has proven as much.
We all keep acting like he had his right foot amputated.
He’s going to go by pick 7 more than likely and is as much a shut down corner as Sauce. And everyone here knows I love me some Sauce.
no-- we keep acting like we trust CloaknnnDagger's opinion as a surgeon. Stingley could start day one this year and last 3 maybe four seasons; but is that what we want from a 1.3 when we could get many more from Ahmad Gardner? Stingley is fine on pro day turf under controlled system but nowhere near the stress on his lower limb as in only one game let alone 17.

You may be correct about drafted by 7 but you have no evidence he is as good as Gardner. The only comparable stats are from 2019.

no-- we keep acting like we trust CloaknnnDagger's opinion as a surgeon. Stingley could start day one this year and last 3 maybe four seasons; but is that what we want from a 1.3 when we could get many more from Ahmad Gardner? Stingley is fine on pro day turf under controlled system but nowhere near the stress on his lower limb as in only one game let alone 17.

You may be correct about drafted by 7 but you have no evidence he is as good as Gardner. The only comparable stats are from 2019.
And those are the stats I’m going by.
I have no idea how long he will last, but he seems to have recovered and is fully healthy.
Projecting his future health is a crap shoot with any player.

no-- we keep acting like we trust CloaknnnDagger's opinion as a surgeon.
We do. But we're not making the pick. The Texans doctors are giving recommendations, and we don't know what they are. Or any other's teams medical flags. We can watch and figure that the team that does draft Stingley believes he's a risk worth taking.

We do. But we're not making the pick. The Texans doctors are giving recommendations, and we don't know what they are. Or any other's teams medical flags. We can watch and figure that the team that does draft Stingley believes he's a risk worth taking.
I think they like Stingley more in Lovie’s D than Sauce. He defense vs the run is really good and they’ve alluded that Louie values that.

I think they like Stingley more in Lovie’s D than Sauce. He defense vs the run is really good and they’ve alluded that Louie values that.
I’m not opposed to Stingley, I‘d prefer one of the big guys at 3, however. Tell me how good Lawrence is going to be first then I could be comfortable with him there.

True but our history with Texans doctors not offering optimism.

Back