Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

All CBs not named Nnamdi Thread - Free Agency & Texans

I thought he had 2 years left in his contract, in his final year he gets an escalator for starting a certain amount of games, and that kicked in and that's why his salary is at 2.95 million(one of those freakin incentives), so you are right, it is now cheaper to cut him than keep him.

Edit: I found out why I messed up, if he had stayed on this season he has an option to extend his rookie contract 1 year if he wanted to.

Now I need to have him replaced on my previous post because I do think they'll cut him now. I think I'll just replace him with jamison

According to LZ:

He said we're a lock to sign one of the 5 targets, yet you only listed 4 OP. Did you omitting one, or was the 5th one Cro, who's already being DQ'd?

I would be happy with any one of those 4, ecstatic if they were one of the first 3.

I would be alot more comfortable with our secondary, and defensive unit as a whole just by adding a competent starting CB to the line-up.

RCB: FA-CB
SS: Nolan/FA
FS: Quin
LCB: Allen/Jackson

Nickleback: Harris

Jackson, IMO, could be one of those two next year: A starter, or a dimeback. I think Harris is good enough to be our third right off the bat, and Allen played tremendous for us as a street FA. I like K-Jack, but he best bring it next year and solidify himself as a starter or the climb back to one of the starting CB position might be an extremely tough road.

If Harris takes off and play up to his potential, he will be a starter by the end of his third year; while having Allen manned that spot for the time being.

Assuming http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/yearly/ is accurate, The Salary for those above 48 (minus Allen and the rookies) is 64.734 million or 64,734,000 Now i just need to find a list of all the signing bonuses due this year ...

Edit: The only reason I believe the above number is correct is because I researched Wards new contract, and it was for 1.75 million total with a 825,000 signing bonus, which left 825,000 in salary which is what the link had. Also the only reason I believe the number is wrong is because Brian Russel isn't listed on the Texans Roster on their website

According to Rotoworld Mario makes $13.8M next year.

Sportrac has him at $3.725M.

You know what fine, Can a mod delete my posts in this thread because SporTrac isn't even close, and I can't tell if Rotoworld adds in bonus or not because on some pages it makes it clear what the bonus is and others it doesn't

Mario Williams 2011 salary is a guaranteed 3.725 million unless this happened
Williams can void the final two years of the deal based on playing time levels and if he and the team reach certain predetermined performance levels, but the Texans then have a right to buy back the voided 2010 and 2011 seasons at a cost of $8.5 million.
which is entirely possible that it did, I'd have to do yet "more" research and I'm getting pretty tired

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insi...ns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2458925 You need insider to view the full article to see the bottom where this info was located

Last edited:
You know what fine, Can a mod delete my posts in this thread because SporTrac isn't even close, and I can't tell if Rotoworld adds in bonus or not because on some pages it makes it clear what the bonus is and others it doesn't

Mario Williams 2011 salary is a guaranteed 3.725 million unless this happened which is entirely possible that it did, I'd have to do yet "more" research and I'm getting pretty tired

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insi...ns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2458925 You need insider to view the full article to see the bottom where this info was located

Here's the MW portion of that article.

League salary documents obtained by ESPN.com confirm the six-year contract signed last month by former North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams, the first selection in this year's draft by the Houston Texans, features a basic value of $54 million and a maximum worth, counting all possible bonuses, incentives and escalators, of $62.1 million.

The guaranteed money in the contract is initially $21.75 million, and then jumps to $26.5 million after the Texans exercise an option next spring.

And the signing bonus is zero.

That's right, folks, no signing bonus.

It is believed to be the first time in modern history that the top overall selection in a draft agreed to a deal with no signing bonus included. But that's hardly reason to pass around the collection basket for Williams. In fact, first-round contracts with no signing bonus money were frequently employed in 2005 as a means of countering collective bargaining agreement restrictions while still achieving the maximum value in most deals, and the trend almost certainly will continue this year.

The mechanism was certainly effective in 2005, when first-round choices garnered increases in guaranteed money of 10-20 percent over their 2004 counterparts. That despite the fact that exactly half of the 32 first-round picks signed contracts that paid them no signing bonus money. In virtually every case last year, players who signed contracts that included no signing bonus were able to improve their deals' total guarantees.

Only two first-rounders -- Cleveland wide receiver Braylon Edwards and Chicago tailback Cedric Benson -- received signing bonuses of more than $3 million in 2005. Top overall choice Alex Smith, the former Utah quarterback chosen by the San Francisco 49ers, banked a signing bonus of just $1 million. Four of the top 10 picks last season -- Miami tailback Ronnie Brown (No. 2), Minnesota wide receiver Troy Williamson (No. 7), Arizona cornerback Antrel Rolle (No. 8) and Washington cornerback Carlos Rogers (No. 9) -- received no signing bonuses.

It didn't keep them from landing very good contracts, however, and it likely won't affect players chosen in the first round of this year's draft, either. The number that counts the most is guaranteed money, and in the case of zero-signing bonus contracts, the total hasn't been diminished by a lack of up front money.

In the case of Williams, he received a $2.625 million roster bonus on what essentially is a five-year deal with an option for a sixth season. Under the terms of the contract, the base salaries for the first five years -- $275,000 (2006), $3.625 million (2007), $4.35 million (2008), $5.075 million (2009) and $5.8 million (2010) -- are fully guaranteed. That totals $21.75 million in guarantees.

But the guarantees escalate to $26.5 million next spring, when the Texans pay Williams $12 million to exercise their option for a sixth season on the contract. By exercising the option, the Texans reduce the salaries in Years 2-5 of the contract -- to $975,000 (2007), $1.575 million (2008), $2.3 million (2009) and $3.025 million (2010) -- and add the 2011 season at a base salary of $3.725 million. All the base salaries are guaranteed, bringing the total guaranteed money to $26.5 million.

Williams can void the final two years of the deal based on playing time levels and if he and the team reach certain predetermined performance levels, but the Texans then have a right to buy back the voided 2010 and 2011 seasons at a cost of $8.5 million. There are plenty of incentives, like $125,000 in most years for leading the league in sacks, bonuses for honors and playoff victories, and escalators that can raise the base salaries in 2010 and 2011 by $6 million and $9.5 million, respectively.

But mostly there is a lot of money, even if none of it is delivered in the form of a traditional signing bonus, and the Williams contract is certain to be a template of sorts for many more first-round deals.

I don't believe anything on what our cap is at right now. I have rarely seen accurate cap figures from anyone. Managing the cap is like a ancient dark art. I've seen big spending teams that allegedly had no cap room make huge splashes in FA, I don't have any example other than the Redskins on the top of my mind. I won't believe anything on the cap, what I will believe is what I see when a Press Conference is held on the Mothership announcing who ever the hell is signed, until them I'm going to think in my make believe land that we sign Aso as #1, Joseph as our #2, and Sensabaugh all on day one with enough left over to resign Leach, and another solid WR to compete with KB and JJ, so until then "nananananananananananananananananaaaa" (Finger in ears to block out anyone offering verbal reasoning why this is impossible!!).

Question, what happens if you are over the cap? Looks like there are going to be a few teams who are in some trouble is the cap stays at $120 million.

LOL @ the Cards! This is the only team that can afford Aso.

Arizona $83 million
Atlanta $102.1 million
Baltimore $101.3 million
Buffalo $96.4 million
Carolina $73 million
Chicago $104.9 million
Cincinnati $90.7 million
Cleveland $99.2 million
Dallas $136.6 million
Denver $125 million
Detroit $113.8 million
Green Bay $129.8 million
Houston $118.4 million
Indianapolis $115.5 million
Jacksonville $78.1 million
Kansas City $74.7 million
Miami $103.1 million
Minnesota $108.4 million
New England $102.3 million
New Orleans $105.2 million
New York Giants $126.3 million
New York Jets $128.5 million
Oakland $85.8 million
Philadelphia $80.8 million
Pittsburgh $116 million
San Diego $85.8 million
San Francisco $100.9 million
Seattle $81.1 million
St. Louis $102.4 million
Tampa Bay $59.7 million
Tennessee $107.4 million
Washington $115.2 million
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/37327/looking-at-2011-salary-cap-figures

These figures were in February, and didn't factor in a couple of things. Such as franchise tags, and restricted free-agents. Since we had Pollard on the roster then, for example, it would have been shown in that figure. We don't have him any longer, so correct me if I am wrong, but that won't show up against our cap when we can sign players.

These figures were in February, and didn't factor in a couple of things. Such as franchise tags, and restricted free-agents. Since we had Pollard on the roster then, for example, it would have been shown in that figure. We don't have him any longer, so correct me if I am wrong, but that won't show up against our cap when we can sign players.

Players that are cut/released could still count against a team's cap going forward, if the term of their contract extends last season (dead money). In Pollard's case, I'm pretty sure he signed a 1 year deal for the 2010 season, thus nothing is due this coming season.

If however he had signed a 3 year deal last season with a $3 million signing bonus and $1 million salary each season (3 years, $6 million) then he would still count against the cap. The signing bonus would have been prorated, or count $1 million against the cap in each year. If the player was cut the $2 million in signing bonus left would count against this year's cap in full (not $1M this season and $1M next season) even though he's not on the team. The salary is not guaranteed so the $2 million in salary would not be paid to him and would not count against the cap.

With Pollard's contract not going into this coming season, he should have no effect on our cap situation. I'm not sure about any players that we have cut that would still have been under contract. Does anyone know if we have any dead money right now?

Was just watching NFL Network and they were talking to a player agent. He stated you cant use last years salary numbers because a lot of teams used the uncapped year to pay off bonus's and such and they are more under the purposed cap than known.

:spin::spin:

Was just watching NFL Network and they were talking to a player agent. He stated you cant use last years salary numbers because a lot of teams used the uncapped year to pay off bonus's and such and they are more under the purposed cap than known.

:spin::spin:

The Texans are in good shape cap-wise. The only big numbers are: AJ, Schaub, and Mario. Mario and Schaub can be restructed to save millions and millions of dollars. Also, my guess is that a lot of these cap number figures include Pollard, A.Davis, E. Wilson, etc... The Texans, if they desire, can easily add $15 million worth of free agents to the team.

The Texans are in good shape cap-wise. The only big numbers are: AJ, Schaub, and Mario. Mario and Schaub can be restructed to save millions and millions of dollars. Also, my guess is that a lot of these cap number figures include Pollard, A.Davis, E. Wilson, etc... The Texans, if they desire, can easily add $15 million worth of free agents to the team.

With $15 million we can sign Aso and maybe one more starter depending on how the deal is structured. Yikes.

Thanks dalemurphy!!!

With $15 million we can sign Aso and maybe one more starter depending on how the deal is structured. Yikes.

Thanks dalemurphy!!!
Big Lou here is a post on Teans cap I posted on another thread. Hope you find it useful:
Ok first there are too many links for me to provide for each of my "facts" but this is for your info only and is close as I could find. The way I did this was to google search 2010 salaries and that total was $82,349,500 but did not include some players which I researched and posted. Of course, most players will get a boost but I can't find that easily. May later search each player I expect to be on 2011 roster minus 2011 draft selections but that is a lot more work.

2011: Not included

Ben Tate: $405,000
Kevin Walter: $3m
Wade Smith: $1,750,000
K. Jackson:$2,620,000 did u know signed 5 yr $13.1m & 10m guranteed?
T. Holliday: $471,000
B. Cushing: $2,800,000
J Casey: $485,000
A. Caldwell: $638,000
* players= $12,169,000 +82,349,500=94,518,500

This does not include 2011 picks as not under contract or our own FA or difference in increase to 2011.

$120m proposed 2011 cap- $94, 518,000 = $25,482,000 below.

Players listed on link in the $82,349,500 that I believe are no longer on roster & subtracted out are:
Eugene Wilson: $3,770,000
Bernard Pollard:$2,550,000
Matt Leinert: $2,485,000
Dan Orslovsky:$2,250,000
Chris Brown: $ 643,000
Jacoby Jones: $ 550,000
Demps: $ 470,000
Jesse Nading: $ 470,000 (not sure if on roster)
D. Pressley: $ 470,000
Total: 13,658,000

$94,518,000 -$13,658,000= $80,860,000 or $39,140,000 below.

Players on 2011 roster I could cut if NEEDED to bring in free agents.
Brian Russell (s) $3,000,000
Andre Davis (wr)$4,700,000
Jason Allen (cb) $1,270,000 above three are $9m
Okoye (dt) $ 765,000
C. Studdard (og) $ 550,000
D. Barber (s) $ 475,000
S. Kegler (lb) $ 550,000
Eric Mouldin(cb) $ 470,000
Steve Slaton(rb) $ 470,000
Bryce McMain(cb)$ ? missed this one but could cut.
Total: $12,250,000
$80,860,000- $12,250,000 = $68,610,000 or $51,390,000 below

**Note, these are salaries only & not true cap hits but there is plenty of wiggle room.

I am sure errors will be found or players overlooked or maybe I'm just missing the entire boat but I have been all wet before.

I do realize some of above are cheap and trained in system & maybe worth more than signing other players to reach roster limit.

I would take any extra cap money to pay AJ extra for punching Innegan in the face again..... Not saying, just sayin'!!!!

Assuming http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/yearly/ is accurate, The Salary for those above 48 (minus Allen and the rookies) is 64.734 million or 64,734,000 Now i just need to find a list of all the signing bonuses due this year ...

Edit: The only reason I believe the above number is correct is because I researched Wards new contract, and it was for 1.75 million total with a 825,000 signing bonus, which left 825,000 in salary which is what the link had. Also the only reason I believe the number is wrong is because Brian Russel isn't listed on the Texans Roster on their website
It also has Mario's at 3 3/4 million when it is almost $14m

Here is some recent info I just found hope it helps.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-possible-casualties-of-the-texans-salary-cap

Basically says Slaton & Okoye equal a bit over $4m. I'd lie to get somethingfor both in a draft pick but think Smith has talked to other GMs and knows not much there. I think if we see these two cut ASAP that would be a positive towards FA.

Doesn't their unpaid signing bonus still count against the cap? Anybody know what the cap hit is if we cut them?

I dont care if they have to cut/restructure half the team. I just want to see them sign a true #1 CB.
This is something the Texans should have prepared for. If the near-to-the-cap situation is true.
Doesn't their unpaid signing bonus still count against the cap? Anybody know what the cap hit is if we cut them?
Yes, and their cap hits would be collectively about $2 million. So the Texans would save around $2 million on the cap ($4 million salary - $2 million dead money) by cutting Okoye & Slaton. Almost enough to cover Leach, anyway.

Yep but that figure is included in above. My info is Slaton's 2011 salary base is $470,000 & Okoye's $765,000. He had a huge guarantee of over $10m with another $3m possible thsat he did not earn as I understand. Neither's base is counted against cap if cut as not guaranteed but last year of bonus would count. SO I don't see how that saves much of cap space. LZ knows more than I do though.

Both Shefter & LaConfor are reporting that teams will be able to spend well above the CAP. Not sure how that will work, but I THINK some of it will be that dead money wont count, just real money. That way when teams spend the 90% of CAP room it will have to be real dollars. Plus, I think there is some sort of exemption. LaConfor made the statement that "The rich will get richer". Meaning the teams that have CASH will be able to spend it. Going to be interesting to see what the heck the deal really is.

Honestly, GMs don't even know how the new cap works yet, so a bunch of idiots like us talking about it is most likely pointless.

Looks like we will still have to compete with San Diego for Weddle.

Chargers | Bringing back Eric Weddle a priority
Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:40:42 -0700

The San Diego Chargers are expected to see re-signing impending free-agent FS Eric Weddle as one of their priorities once the lockout is over.

0 Comments | Share: | Source: ESPN.com - Bill Williamson

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1SkM10pQm

Looks like we will still have to compete with San Diego for Weddle.

Chargers | Bringing back Eric Weddle a priority
Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:40:42 -0700

The San Diego Chargers are expected to see re-signing impending free-agent FS Eric Weddle as one of their priorities once the lockout is over.

0 Comments | Share: | Source: ESPN.com - Bill Williamson

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1SkM10pQm

One potential positive is that we have damn near as explosive an offense and our D, imo, has fewer holes to fill. Couple that with Wade and his record of turning around bad defenses, you just might have a selling point and an opportunity for Weddle to really shine. At least that's my :spin: on the subject. LOL

Current Cap situation posted by ESPN last night. Our Texans are $7.6m under the cap

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6786350/reggie-bush-potential-cap-casualties

Cap situations*
Team Status
Arizona $37.3 million under
Atlanta $13.9 million under
Baltimore $5.33 million under
Buffalo $35.9 million under
Carolina $30.6 million under
Chicago $37. million under
Cincinnati $35.9 million under
Cleveland $33.3 million under
Dallas $18.9 million over
Denver $1 million under
Detroit $16.6 million under
Green Bay $62,600 under
Houston $7.6 million under
Indianapolis $2.7 million over
Jacksonville $31.4 million under
Kansas City $34.3 million under
Miami $13.6 million under
Minnesota $5.1 million over
New England $7.57 million under
New Orleans $11.7 million under
N.Y. Giants $11.3 million over
N.Y. Jets $1.2 million over
Oakland $10 million over
Philadelphia $13 million under
Pittsburgh $10 million over
San Diego $19.4 million under
San Francisco $18.9 million under
Seattle $39 million under
St. Louis $35.6 million under
Tampa Bay $59.2 million under
Tennessee $10.3 million under
Washington $10.6 million under
*Does not include restricted free-agent

Last edited:
We're screwed. Period.

If there was a TRUE cap, we had a small chance at cutting some dead weight, restructuring a few contracts, and MAYBE being able to take a shot at Aso.

But this is going to be great for the Cowboys, Redskins, and other spend-happy owners who were tied down by the cap. I don't see Bob McNair over-reaching JUST to beat out the big boys of the NFL.

We're absolutely screwed. If the cap report is true, we might not even get the 2nd or 3rd best CB out there. Damn.

We're screwed. Period.

If there was a TRUE cap, we had a small chance at cutting some dead weight, restructuring a few contracts, and MAYBE being able to take a shot at Aso.

But this is going to be great for the Cowboys, Redskins, and other spend-happy owners who were tied down by the cap. I don't see Bob McNair over-reaching JUST to beat out the big boys of the NFL.

We're absolutely screwed. If the cap report is true, we might not even get the 2nd or 3rd best CB out there. Damn.

NFL News: "The Texans look to have little room to maneuver with a $120M cap."

GP: "OMG! We will never get a good CB we don't even have enough money to sign our own players. We're so screwed! OMG!"

NFL News: "Looks like the owners have negotiated a deal that allows teams willing to spend money the ability to do so without punishing them or veteran players who might otherwise be cut."

GP: "OMG! We are so screwed! We have no repercussions for our cap number. Now we will never get a CB! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

Heh. Take a deep breath and relax.

NFL News: "The Texans look to have little room to maneuver with a $120M cap."

GP: "OMG! We will never get a good CB we don't even have enough money to sign our own players. We're so screwed! OMG!"

NFL News: "Looks like the owners have negotiated a deal that allows teams willing to spend money the ability to do so without punishing them or veteran players who might otherwise be cut."

GP: "OMG! We are so screwed! We have no repercussions for our cap number. Now we will never get a CB! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

Heh. Take a deep breath and relax.

Laugh all you want.

Show me where history has shown we are going to be able to outbid the teams like Dallas or Washington. Those two owners are spend-happy.

My first reaction was one of "well, we don't have room to maneuver." My second reaction was one of 'Well, now that we have room to maneuver...we can't outbid the other guys."

But in all of that, there still remains the issue of Bob's inclination to be save-happy rather than spend-happy.

This new wrinkle, IMO, is not good for us. We had a better shot if there had been a true cap and teams had to abide by it.

Just playing the odds, that's all.

I don't know of an instance where we have ever been in direct competition with Dallas or Washington for a player. And, if that was the case, it's possible that Jones or Snyder would outbid Bob for a player.

But, Bob has shown he is willing to spend money. He has been consistently at or around the cap. He has given out lucrative contracts, albeit to unworthy players.

His MO isn't to be "save happy," it is to be prudent. Especially given some of the bad contracts he has given out. But, he has a history or giving large contracts and the Texans have shown self-awareness of the poor secondary.

When multiple media members are saying that they are being told from people within the organization that the secondary is going to be addressed, and the most well connected guy in the city says it will be for a top 5 CB, it looks comical when someone goes chicken little.

Eagles | Nnamdi Asomugha would be a bad fit?
Thu, 21 Jul 2011 06:48:09 -0700

Although the thought of free-agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha (Raiders) teaming up with Philadelphia Eagles CB Asante Samuel is certainly intriguing, it is not sensible for the team to sign Asomugha from a philosophical or schematic standpoint. The Eagles traditionally give out big deals to young players approaching their primes, and Asomugha's age (30) makes it very likely he is on the backside of his career. Also, the Eagles are reportedly moving away from the blitz-happy approach of former defensive coordinator Jim Johnson in favor of more zone-based coverage. Given Asomugha's reputation as a man-to-man defender, it doesn't make sense to join a team that will not play to his strengths.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1SksWGT9R

I don't know of an instance where we have ever been in direct competition with Dallas or Washington for a player. And, if that was the case, it's possible that Jones or Snyder would outbid Bob for a player.

But, Bob has shown he is willing to spend money. He has been consistently at or around the cap. He has given out lucrative contracts, albeit to unworthy players.

His MO isn't to be "save happy," it is to be prudent. Especially given some of the bad contracts he has given out. But, he has a history or giving large contracts and the Texans have shown self-awareness of the poor secondary.

When multiple media members are saying that they are being told from people within the organization that the secondary is going to be addressed, and the most well connected guy in the city says it will be for a top 5 CB, it looks comical when someone goes chicken little.
Jerimiah Trotter. FWIW, I don't fine McNair to be cheap.

IMO, I think Bob may have finally realised the amount of **** he stirred up in the citys NFL fans when he brought back Kubiak after last years implosion. He knows he must have Gary produce a winner or start feeling the fans wrath where it hurts the most: his wallet. He will give this team every tool it wants and needs to give Gary his best shot.

Trade Okoye and you get some money back for that, too. I think there might be a couple of players that I wouldn't mind cutting or trading to save some extra money.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
John Clayton reports that NFL owners have been told by league to be prepared to vote on new CBA between 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
21 minutes ago

Current Cap situation posted by ESPN last night. Our Texans are $7.6m under the cap

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6786350/reggie-bush-potential-cap-casualties

Cap situations*
Team Status
Arizona $37.3 million under
Atlanta $13.9 million under
Baltimore $5.33 million under
Buffalo $35.9 million under
Carolina $30.6 million under
Chicago $37. million under
Cincinnati $35.9 million under
Cleveland $33.3 million under
Dallas $18.9 million over
Denver $1 million under
Detroit $16.6 million under
Green Bay $62,600 under
Houston $7.6 million under
Indianapolis $2.7 million over
Jacksonville $31.4 million under
Kansas City $34.3 million under
Miami $13.6 million under
Minnesota $5.1 million over
New England $7.57 million under
New Orleans $11.7 million under
N.Y. Giants $11.3 million over
N.Y. Jets $1.2 million over
Oakland $10 million over
Philadelphia $13 million under
Pittsburgh $10 million over
San Diego $19.4 million under
San Francisco $18.9 million under
Seattle $39 million under
St. Louis $35.6 million under
Tampa Bay $59.2 million under
Tennessee $10.3 million under
Washington $10.6 million under
*Does not include restricted free-agent
120- 7.6= 112.4 another completed unsubstantiated number. Chuckle, at least I tell you where my numbers come from. Anyway, let's go with it for now.

$7.6 m available
3.0 m can be borrowed from a future year
2.0 m saved from cutting Okoye and Slaton(bonus still counts this year)
3.0 m cut safety Brian Russell
4.7 m cut WR Andre Davis
1.2 m cut CB Jason Allen
.5 m cut OG Casey Studdard (round down from 550,000)
.5 m cut S D. Barber (round up from 470,000)
.870 cut Mouldin ($470,000) and Brice McCain ($405,000)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
$23.4 million for Asomugha and safety of your choice.

Use the $3.5m allowed over the cap to re-sign Leach or a #2 WR.

$7.6 m available
3.0 m can be borrowed from a future year
2.0 m saved from cutting Okoye and Slaton(bonus still counts this year)
3.0 m cut safety Brian Russell
4.7 m cut WR Andre Davis
1.2 m cut CB Jason Allen
.5 m cut OG Casey Studdard (round down from 550,000)
.5 m cut S D. Barber (round up from 470,000)
.870 cut Mouldin ($470,000) and Brice McCain ($405,000)

I can go for moving , cutting Okoye and Slaton.
Brian Russell wont make the roster.
We can cut Andre Davis too.
Mouldin ? Sure , Barber ? Maybe so ....

Jason Allen , Casey Studdard and Brice McCain ? ..... Nope. They gotta stay.

:texanbill:

I can go for moving , cutting Okoye and Slaton.
Brian Russell wont make the roster.
We can cut Andre Davis too.
Mouldin ? Sure , Barber ? Maybe so ....

Jason Allen , Casey Studdard and Brice McCain ? ..... Nope. They gotta stay.

:texanbill:
Seriously? If you sign Asomugha and a starting FS (say Weddell just as a name) with Quin back up FS or move him to safety to #2 per Phillips with Nolan & the SS we just drafted backing up.

Okay, go with your position & add apprx $3m back and still go after Aso.

Studdard? I have to ask again, you serious? Replace him with Smith we drafted 2 seasons ago and was on PS last season. We still have Briesel, Caldwell and Smith. Got to take a risk and go big sometime.

Maybe your bouncing dude means you are joking?

Seriously? If you sign Asomugha and a starting FS (say Weddell just as a name) with Quin back up FS or move him to safety to #2 per Phillips with Nolan & the SS we just drafted backing up.

Okay, go with your position & add apprx $3m back and still go after Aso.

Studdard? I have to ask again, you serious? Replace him with Smith we drafted 2 seasons ago and was on PS last season. We still have Briesel, Caldwell and Smith. Got to take a risk and go big sometime.

Maybe your bouncing dude means you are joking?

I wasnt jokin .... most of those players contributions are on ST .... cant forget about that part of the game.

Studdard for Smith .... I can go for that but , the savings is so small that they might as well attempt to restructure other deals and keep the roster intact.

I still think they find a way to make Asomugha a Texan.

Do the rookie salaries have to fit under the cap?

Back