Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2024 Draft Talk

Wouldn't it be really good to end up with this after the draft.

Trade and end up with something like this,

Rd.1 Latu DE UCLA
Late Rd. 1 trading up Odunze WR Washington.
Rd.3 Cade Stover TE Ohio St.
Rd.4 Jase McClelland RB Alabama.

Add a guy like DT Wilkins in FA, along with a LB like Jordyn Brooks and you've got a contender.
I don't think the team will have to trade up for a wr. Between the tackle and qb talent that will be pushing the draft, there will be high quality wrs in the 2nd rd. Jmo

I don't think the team will have to trade up for a wr. Between the tackle and qb talent that will be pushing the draft, there will be high quality wrs in the 2nd rd. Jmo
You're probably right. But Odunze is special.

What do you think about Worthy in the 2nd? He's got game changing speed. If you want another Nico then Adonai Mitchell in the 3rd.

What do you think about Worthy in the 2nd? He's got game changing speed. If you want another Nico then Adonai Mitchell in the 3rd.
I can see that. With all the spread action in college you can get quality wrs in 2nd and 3rd rds. I really like Mitchell and Worthing.

I can see that. With all the spread action in college you can get quality wrs in 2nd and 3rd rds. I really like Mitchell and Worthing.

Nabers partner at WR Bryan Thomas Jr. looked as good as Nabers against Ole Miss. I have no idea if he eligible for the 2024 draft or if he wants to come out. But this guys talented.

I like Whittington later in the draft as well

I like Whittington later in the draft as well
Super talented guy.

Another really good WR from Fla St. is Keon Coleman and a little later in the draft Xavier Leggette from South Carolina. Big fast dude with a compact build.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB
We are full of guys with little or no NFL history with serious concerns of injury. In addition, the knee of Tunsil could remain an issue or lead to contra lateral problems.

I don't see a 1st but if Beebe Cooper is selected in round 2, I would understand.
Not really, 3/5 spots are locked up right now. 2/5 are up for grabs and we'll know more after a full (or nearly full season) of watching Scruggs and Patterson. It would be very hard to justify taking a 2nd round tackle the offseason after signing two tackles to large extensions with all the places this roster still needs improvement.

If not a CB then I believe we're picking an OG or center. How about it?
Tell you what let's not let Nick draft anymore interior Olineman earlier than the 5th or 6th round.
Jarrett Patterson is a 6th rounder who is healthy and contributing to the Texans by starting several games in the absense of other more highly drafted players like Juice and Kenyon Green.

Not really, 3/5 spots are locked up right now. 2/5 are up for grabs and we'll know more after a full (or nearly full season) of watching Scruggs and Patterson. It would be very hard to justify taking a 2nd round tackle the offseason after signing two tackles to large extensions with all the places this roster still needs improvement.
Cooper is an offensive guard.

Cooper is an offensive guard.
Hmm his wikipedia had said tackle but I'll take your word for it. Still wouldn't do it, you just traded for and extended a guard, drafted a guard at 15th overall, and have 2 other young promising olineman. Stop throwing money into the same hole!

Not really, 3/5 spots are locked up right now. 2/5 are up for grabs and we'll know more after a full (or nearly full season) of watching Scruggs and Patterson. It would be very hard to justify taking a 2nd round tackle the offseason after signing two tackles to large.extensions with all the places this roster still needs improvement.
This is why I was against the Howard re-signing. He's an avg RT, but for the money, how much better is Howard than Fant as an example. Howard's money could go towards bringing in a guy like Wilkins

This is why I was against the Howard re-signing. He's an avg RT, but for the money, how much better is Howard than Fant as an example. Howard's money could go towards bringing in a guy like Wilkins
Disagree, he's better than avg. The one that made 0 sense was Shaq Mason and then extending him.

Hmm his wikipedia had said tackle but I'll take your word for it. Still wouldn't do it, you just traded for and extended a guard, drafted a guard at 15th overall, and have 2 other young promising olineman. Stop throwing money into the same hole!
He was until 2022 when he switched. Some info:

I am not advocating drafting oline the first two days of draft.

Another really good WR from Washington is Keon Coleman
I believe Coleman plays for Florida State. If we are thinking of the same guy, he’s definitely a name worth keeping in mind. He’s my WR2 at the moment; I think he’s just scratching the surface of his abilities. Playing for FSU actually kind of hurts him, I think, that offense has a lot of weapons so he’s not as prominent as he would be on another team (like Michigan State, from where he transferred). On the flip side, he’s facing better athletes now, playing more meaningful games, and has a better QB throwing him the ball, so maybe it’s a bit of a wash.

CBS Sports

CBS has the current draft order and list of needs for each team.

Houston Texans (via trade with 2-3 Cardinals)
Team needs: DT, EDGE, LB, CB, TE, OG, WR
Notable free agents: TE Dalton Schultz, DT Sheldon Rankins, CB Steven Nelson, EDGE Jonathan Greenard, CB Tavierre Thomas”

WR is farther down the list. I agree with everything listed for the most part. I think unless one of the top DTs is available we could get a quality guy on day 2 or early day 3. The 3 positions I’d look at in round 1 would be WR, edge, or CB. I might get some flak for listing edge, but this draft has a great edge class (Latu, Verse, Robinson). Pairing Anderson with another edge could potentially set up our ends for several years.

Also with Stingley yet to play a full season, locking up another young CB would be very beneficial.

CBS Sports

Notable free agents: TE Dalton Schultz, DT Sheldon Rankins, CB Steven Nelson, EDGE Jonathan Greenard, CB Tavierre Thomas”

WR is farther down the list. I agree with everything listed for the most part. I think unless one of the top DTs is available we could get a quality guy on day 2 or early day 3. The 3 positions I’d look at in round 1 would be WR, edge, or CB. I might get some flak for listing edge, but this draft has a great edge class (Latu, Verse, Robinson). Pairing Anderson with another edge could potentially set up our ends for several years.

Also with Stingley yet to play a full season, locking up another young CB would be very beneficial.
Do you believe locking up weapons for Stroud is more important for his development than adding a CB in the first couple of rounds?

There are no DT's worthy of a 1st rd grade in this draft. If you pick one you'd be reaching. That's why they need to spend the money to bring a guy like Reader home or sign Wilkins in FA to solidify the IDL. I would happily trade a 2nd for Danielle Hunter and sign him to a new deal.

Fix the DL and hope you can find a LB in the draft. 1st rd should be for a weapon for Stroud. In fact I'm not against using one of the 3rd and a 4th to move back into the 2nd so they can add both a TE and a WR in the 1st/2nd.

Weapons.

CBS Sports

would you pair Anderson with another Anderson if you could?

Do you believe locking up weapons for Stroud is more important for his development than adding a CB in the first couple of rounds?

There are no DT's worthy of a 1st rd grade in this draft. If you pick one you'd be reaching. That's why they need to spend the money to bring a guy like Reader home or sign Wilkins in FA to solidify the IDL. I would happily trade a 2nd for Danielle Hunter and sign him to a new deal.

Fix the DL and hope you can find a LB in the draft. 1st rd should be for a weapon for Stroud. In fact I'm not against using one of the 3rd and a 4th to move back into the 2nd so they can add both a TE and a WR in the 1st/2nd.

Weapons.
Sign Reader and Hunter; trade 1.12 from Browns for Green Bay's 1.19 ish plus their lowest round two.
Jets selects Shedeur Sanders.

Texans have 1.19 plus two round twos.
Just a suggestion.

Mecole Hardman has been made available for trade by the NYJ. I would give up Deculus and a 7th or a 2025 6th for him. World class speed WR and can play inside or outside. Can also KR/PR. Very dangerous guy.

Reactions: JB
Mecole Hardman has been made available for trade by the NYJ. I would give up Deculus and a 7th or a 2025 6th for him. World class speed WR and can play inside or outside. Can also KR/PR. Very dangerous guy.
It's never a good sign when your production with a hall of fame qb and hall of fame offensive mind is very middling and then your new team wants to immediately get rid of you.

Would really be shocked if Bowers was there for the taking at 17…..if he was, don’t think the pick could get there fast enough. Also selected TE- Yurosek b/c he’s still a complete TE playing on a bad team and I mocked him a couple times last year.

Masson Smith and McKinley Jackson would be very solid additions to the DL. Smith could be a solid addition at DE/DT while Jackson should be the run stuffing NT this team so desperately needs.

Wilson is a WR with elite speed, but isn’t nearly utilized in Michigan’s offensive attack.

Rate my mock draft from the @PFN365 Mock Draft Simulator 1697049293002.png

Almost as good as his 19 mph speed, his 36.5 inch vertical would help. He has done little with Jets and I expected him to have revival with Rogers. I would like to see what he could do with CJ but think Jets will cut him.

It's never a good sign when your production with a hall of fame qb and hall of fame offensive mind is very middling and then your new team wants to immediately get rid of you.
Agreed, but the guy made plays as a wr3 for the Chiefs. I don't hold what happened with the NYJ against him.

No trades :
Round 1: WR Keon Coleman 6' 4" 215 20/ 278 @13.9 6 TDs

Round 2: CB Kris Abrams-Draine 5'11" 180 Missouri 23 tackles 6 passes defended 3 INTs Estimated 40 dash 4.42 and tackling rated at 84%
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 13 games and logged 601 snaps for the Tigers. He made 38 tackles, 4 assists, and had 12 stops. In coverage he totaled 9 pass breakups, 3 interceptions, and QB rating when targeted of 68.2.

In 2022 as a junior Abrams-Draine played in 11 games and contributed on 641 snaps. He chalked up 41 tackles, 3 assists, and added 12 stops. In the secondary Abrams-Draine forced 9 pass breakups, no interceptions, and gave up QB rating when targetted of 98.

Round 3: WR Jermaine Burton 6'1" 194 Alabama 17/386 @ 22.7 and 4 TDs had monster game vs A&M with 9/197 @ 21.9 and 2 TDs.

Round 4: RB Trey Benson 6'1" 215 Florida State 51/389 7.6 6 TDs with similar stats 2022

Round 4: ILB Danny Stutsman 6'4" 240 Oklahoma 58 tackles 2 sacks 1 pass defended 1 INT
2022: 12 games 124 tackles 48 stops 3 sacks 17 QB pressures [11 hurries, 3 hits & 3 sacks] 5 passes defended and 2 INTs for 40 yards

Who was that HOF QB? Rodgers was injured on the 4th snap of season.. so..

Are you referring to that great Zach Wilson?
Patrick mahommes?
Not too shabby:
2021 season[edit]
In the 2021 season, Hardman played in all 17 games and recorded 59 receptions for 693 yards and two touchdowns while handling a majority of the punt return duties.[26] In the postseason, Hardman scored a rushing touchdown in the Divisional Round and a receiving touchdown in the AFC Championship.[27][28]
2022 season[edit]
In Week 7 against the San Francisco 49ers, Hardman recorded four catches for 32 yards and a receiving touchdown to go along with 28 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns. He became the first wide receiver in the Super Bowl era to get two rushing touchdowns and a receiving touchdown in the same game.[29] He was placed on injured reserve on November 17, 2022, after suffering an abdomen injury in Week 9. Hardman was activated off of injured reserve on January 4, 2023.[30] Hardman did return in the AFC Championship but injured his abdominal and was deactivated for Super Bowl LVII.[31] The Chiefs defeated the Philadelphia Eagles 38–35 to give Hardman his second Super Bowl win.[32]

Last edited:
With the weirdness surrounding Watsons injury situation and the Browns lack of a capable backup we are still living in a timeline where it's possible that the Browns hand us a top 5 pick. Unfortunately that still seems rather impossible so assuming that pick ends up around 15 here are the positions I'd be most interested in in the 1st round (in order of greatest interest to least interest). WR, DT, CB, Edge. Kind of an indictment on Caserio that CB is an early round need after drafting Stingley just a year ago but I don't see how we can rely on him to stay healthy.

Outside of the first there's still so many places we could use some help. We need to draft a CB at some point even if it isn't the first round. I still feel like we need help at LB as I'm not very optimistic about Harris, I'd like another promising young edge rusher just in case Anderson continues to be a run game warrior. DT is still a huge need and I think running back is quickly becoming a need. Pierce is a solid piece as part of a backfield committee but we need some explosiveness back there that I don't think him or Singletary have.

So many exciting places this team can get better!

The wildcard in trying to project RIGHT NOW who we might pick #1 is free agency, potential trades between now and then, injury status of the current roster, and salary considerations. For instance, we might decide that a quality DE to put opposite of WA is our most pressing need but then Casserio might trade for or sign one.

It's arguable that our running game is the WORST in the league. Our ability to pressure the QB is one of the worst in the league. And what will Stingley's situation be next spring? Barring a career-ending injury (knocks on wood) to someone else on the team, I believe our #1 pick will be someone who can help with our aforementioned issues. Accordingly, that seemingly rules out picking a WR or a tight end. I also do NOT believe that we would use our #1 on a running back.

My guess is that our #1 pick will be an offensive lineman, a defensive lineman, or a cornerback.

The updated "win totals" in Vegas have Cleveland at 9.5. Incidentally, Houston is at 7.5. If accurate, we would pick anywhere from 18-24.

Who might be available after pick #17?

Here are the 18-32 picks from this mock draft by NBC.

18. New Orleans Saints: WR - Malik Nabers, LSU

Over the past several seasons, drafting a receiver from LSU has proven to be a prudent decision. Nabers offers alignment versatility and an elite route-running element any NFL team could utilize. His ability to exploit defensive backs, combined with executing precise angled cuts, makes Nabers a reliable option for third-down conversions.

19. Atlanta Falcons: Edge - J.T. Tuimoloau, Ohio State

Tuimoloau is a game-wrecking edge rusher who is just grazing the tip of his potential and may yet develop exponentially over the course of the season. His ability to diagnose screen-plays is advanced, as is his knack for penetrating behind offensive lines. Impressively, Tuimoloau registered 17.5 tackles for loss and eight and a half sacks in just 29 games played.

20. Indianapolis Colts: Edge - Laiatu Latu, UCLA

Last week’s Pac-12 Defensive Lineman of the Week, Latu led UCLA’s defensive attack, generating one sack, a forced fumble and three tackles versus Washington State. An athletic force multiplier, Latu is a tremendous pass rusher with good acceleration and closing speed.

21. Buffalo Bills: S - Tyler Nubin, Minnesota

Experienced (46 games to date), highly motivated, and accountable, Nubin exudes leadership and sound football decisiveness, comporting himself like a coach on the field. An astute player, Nubin is keenly aware of his surroundings and rarely, if ever, is out of position. A solid NFL physique (6-2, 210 lbs) and above-average athleticism have Nubin firmly situated on many draft boards.

22. Dallas Cowboys: DB - Cooper DeJean, Iowa

Extremely versatile and skilled, DeJean is an athletic defensive back who could literally play any secondary position and be a difference-maker wherever he lined up. Cowboys’ defensive coordinator Dan Quinn loves to blitz and vary areas to pressure offenses. DeJean is the type of multifaceted talent that could be effectively weaponized by a guru like Quinn.

23. Baltimore Ravens: WR - Rome Odunze, Washington

Considering the amount of dropped passes (8) that led to a frustrating loss last weekend, the Ravens still need quality receiving talent to progress as viable Super Bowl contenders. Odunze possesses excellent size (6-3, 201 lbs) and speed (4.35 40-time) to challenge NFL defensive backs. His ability to track long passes over either shoulder makes him a deep threat defenses shouldn’t underestimate.

24. Seattle Seahawks: LB - Jeremiah Trotter Jr., Clemson

Venerable linebacking legend Bobby Wagner is an unrestricted free agent, who at 33 years of age, might be a luxury Seattle may no longer be able to afford. Trotter has strong NFL bloodlines (father played for the Eagles) and understands the nuances of his position better than most of his peers.

25. Pittsburgh Steelers: OT - Amarius Mims, Georgia

Mims is a massive six-foot-seven, 330-pound behemoth of a man whose physical traits are attention-getting. He plays to his size, showcasing an unapologetic mean streak backed with powerful arms and a balanced base. Pittsburgh’s offense needs immediate help, especially with its anemic rushing attack. Currently, the Steelers are fourth worst at running the ball, gaining just 3.4 yards per carry five games into the 2023 campaign.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars: DL - Michael Hall Jr., Ohio State

Although the Jaguars’ 52 pressures rank eighth in the NFL, their blitzing 32.8 percent of the time has only led to nine sacks (27th ranking). Potentially, choosing an interior defensive lineman like Hall could help create up-the-middle pressure without blitzing more players. Over his last 17 games, Hall registered nine tackles for loss with six sacks from the defensive interior.

27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: WR - Keon Coleman, Florida State

The Bucs are mired in salary cap restructuring mode and may not be able to afford perennial 1,000-yard receiver Mike Evans. It’s possible Tampa Bay may choose a more affordable version of a younger Mike Evans-like pass catcher. Currently, Coleman is securing passes at a rate of 1.9 yards per reception while having caught six touchdown tosses in just five games.

28. Detroit Lions: CB - Nate Wiggins, Clemson

Detroit may be one standout secondary component away from fielding a multifaceted defense that could handle any varied or nuanced NFL offense. In today’s pass-happy NFL, Wiggins’ length, sinewy strength, and football IQ make him a viable target for Detroit’s defensive designs.

29. Miami Dolphins: TE - Ja’Tavion Sanders, BYU

The Dolphins’ passing attack is already lethal by NFL standards, but adding a pass-catching threat like Sanders could make it the deadliest in the league. Sanders is a quality route-runner who is surprisingly elusive after the catch. His size and speed demand attention, especially with his ability to threaten the seams of a defense.

30. Philadelphia Eagles: OT - Kingsley Suamataia, BYU

Considering the amount of money allocated to its franchise quarterback, Philadelphia may have to depend more on young and affordable talent to replenish any players lost to fiscal attrition.. A huge part of Philly’s sustained success revolves around the front office’s ability to create talented depth before it becomes depleted. Suamataia is an agile, long-armed athlete whose lateral quickness and well-timed balanced feet make him ideal for offenses that use RPO (read/pass/option) schemes.

31. Kansas City Chiefs: OT - Patrick Paul, Houston

Paul attained first-team All-American Conference status last season, starting 13 games and competing in over 900 plus snaps. According to PFF, Paul’s 94.8 pass-blocking grade is the best in the country, while his overall rating of 84.6 ranks seventh in the nation. As a two-time team captain, Paul has proven to be disciplined, dependable and accountable, imbuing traits required at the next level.

32. San Francisco 49ers: S - Kamren Kinchens, Miami (FL)

Kinchens provides an immediate injection of athleticism and explosive game-breaking coverage skills. His ability to intercept passes and flip field position (averages 18.1 yards on interception returns) makes him a threat across the gridiron. An intelligent surveyor of the field, Kinchens’ instincts and preparation are integral to his success.

With the weirdness surrounding Watsons injury situation and the Browns lack of a capable backup we are still living in a timeline where it's possible that the Browns hand us a top 5 pick. Unfortunately that still seems rather impossible so assuming that pick ends up around 15 here are the positions I'd be most interested in in the 1st round (in order of greatest interest to least interest). WR, DT, CB, Edge. Kind of an indictment on Caserio that CB is an early round need after drafting Stingley just a year ago but I don't see how we can rely on him to stay healthy.

Outside of the first there's still so many places we could use some help. We need to draft a CB at some point even if it isn't the first round. I still feel like we need help at LB as I'm not very optimistic about Harris, I'd like another promising young edge rusher just in case Anderson continues to be a run game warrior. DT is still a huge need and I think running back is quickly becoming a need. Pierce is a solid piece as part of a backfield committee but we need some explosiveness back there that I don't think him or Singletary have.

My impression of the 24' draft is that it is deep at cornerback. If we are forced to take a CB with our first pick, we should be able to get a good one.

The wildcard in trying to project RIGHT NOW who we might pick #1 is free agency, potential trades between now and then, injury status of the current roster, and salary considerations. For instance, we might decide that a quality DE to put opposite of WA is our most pressing need but then Casserio might trade for or sign one.

It's arguable that our running game is the WORST in the league. Our ability to pressure the QB is one of the worst in the league. And what will Stingley's situation be next spring? Barring a career-ending injury (knocks on wood) to someone else on the team, I believe our #1 pick will be someone who can help with our aforementioned issues. Accordingly, that seemingly rules out picking a WR or a tight end. I also do NOT believe that we would use our #1 on a running back.

My guess is that our #1 pick will be an offensive lineman, a defensive lineman, or a cornerback.

The updated "win totals" in Vegas have Cleveland at 9.5. Incidentally, Houston is at 7.5. If accurate, we would pick anywhere from 18-24.

Who might be available after pick #17?

Here are the 18-32 picks from this mock draft by NBC.

18. New Orleans Saints: WR - Malik Nabers, LSU

Over the past several seasons, drafting a receiver from LSU has proven to be a prudent decision. Nabers offers alignment versatility and an elite route-running element any NFL team could utilize. His ability to exploit defensive backs, combined with executing precise angled cuts, makes Nabers a reliable option for third-down conversions.

19. Atlanta Falcons: Edge - J.T. Tuimoloau, Ohio State

Tuimoloau is a game-wrecking edge rusher who is just grazing the tip of his potential and may yet develop exponentially over the course of the season. His ability to diagnose screen-plays is advanced, as is his knack for penetrating behind offensive lines. Impressively, Tuimoloau registered 17.5 tackles for loss and eight and a half sacks in just 29 games played.

20. Indianapolis Colts: Edge - Laiatu Latu, UCLA

Last week’s Pac-12 Defensive Lineman of the Week, Latu led UCLA’s defensive attack, generating one sack, a forced fumble and three tackles versus Washington State. An athletic force multiplier, Latu is a tremendous pass rusher with good acceleration and closing speed.

21. Buffalo Bills: S - Tyler Nubin, Minnesota

Experienced (46 games to date), highly motivated, and accountable, Nubin exudes leadership and sound football decisiveness, comporting himself like a coach on the field. An astute player, Nubin is keenly aware of his surroundings and rarely, if ever, is out of position. A solid NFL physique (6-2, 210 lbs) and above-average athleticism have Nubin firmly situated on many draft boards.

22. Dallas Cowboys: DB - Cooper DeJean, Iowa

Extremely versatile and skilled, DeJean is an athletic defensive back who could literally play any secondary position and be a difference-maker wherever he lined up. Cowboys’ defensive coordinator Dan Quinn loves to blitz and vary areas to pressure offenses. DeJean is the type of multifaceted talent that could be effectively weaponized by a guru like Quinn.

23. Baltimore Ravens: WR - Rome Odunze, Washington

Considering the amount of dropped passes (8) that led to a frustrating loss last weekend, the Ravens still need quality receiving talent to progress as viable Super Bowl contenders. Odunze possesses excellent size (6-3, 201 lbs) and speed (4.35 40-time) to challenge NFL defensive backs. His ability to track long passes over either shoulder makes him a deep threat defenses shouldn’t underestimate.

24. Seattle Seahawks: LB - Jeremiah Trotter Jr., Clemson

Venerable linebacking legend Bobby Wagner is an unrestricted free agent, who at 33 years of age, might be a luxury Seattle may no longer be able to afford. Trotter has strong NFL bloodlines (father played for the Eagles) and understands the nuances of his position better than most of his peers.

25. Pittsburgh Steelers: OT - Amarius Mims, Georgia

Mims is a massive six-foot-seven, 330-pound behemoth of a man whose physical traits are attention-getting. He plays to his size, showcasing an unapologetic mean streak backed with powerful arms and a balanced base. Pittsburgh’s offense needs immediate help, especially with its anemic rushing attack. Currently, the Steelers are fourth worst at running the ball, gaining just 3.4 yards per carry five games into the 2023 campaign.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars: DL - Michael Hall Jr., Ohio State

Although the Jaguars’ 52 pressures rank eighth in the NFL, their blitzing 32.8 percent of the time has only led to nine sacks (27th ranking). Potentially, choosing an interior defensive lineman like Hall could help create up-the-middle pressure without blitzing more players. Over his last 17 games, Hall registered nine tackles for loss with six sacks from the defensive interior.

27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: WR - Keon Coleman, Florida State

The Bucs are mired in salary cap restructuring mode and may not be able to afford perennial 1,000-yard receiver Mike Evans. It’s possible Tampa Bay may choose a more affordable version of a younger Mike Evans-like pass catcher. Currently, Coleman is securing passes at a rate of 1.9 yards per reception while having caught six touchdown tosses in just five games.

28. Detroit Lions: CB - Nate Wiggins, Clemson

Detroit may be one standout secondary component away from fielding a multifaceted defense that could handle any varied or nuanced NFL offense. In today’s pass-happy NFL, Wiggins’ length, sinewy strength, and football IQ make him a viable target for Detroit’s defensive designs.

29. Miami Dolphins: TE - Ja’Tavion Sanders, BYU

The Dolphins’ passing attack is already lethal by NFL standards, but adding a pass-catching threat like Sanders could make it the deadliest in the league. Sanders is a quality route-runner who is surprisingly elusive after the catch. His size and speed demand attention, especially with his ability to threaten the seams of a defense.

30. Philadelphia Eagles: OT - Kingsley Suamataia, BYU

Considering the amount of money allocated to its franchise quarterback, Philadelphia may have to depend more on young and affordable talent to replenish any players lost to fiscal attrition.. A huge part of Philly’s sustained success revolves around the front office’s ability to create talented depth before it becomes depleted. Suamataia is an agile, long-armed athlete whose lateral quickness and well-timed balanced feet make him ideal for offenses that use RPO (read/pass/option) schemes.

31. Kansas City Chiefs: OT - Patrick Paul, Houston

Paul attained first-team All-American Conference status last season, starting 13 games and competing in over 900 plus snaps. According to PFF, Paul’s 94.8 pass-blocking grade is the best in the country, while his overall rating of 84.6 ranks seventh in the nation. As a two-time team captain, Paul has proven to be disciplined, dependable and accountable, imbuing traits required at the next level.

32. San Francisco 49ers: S - Kamren Kinchens, Miami (FL)

Kinchens provides an immediate injection of athleticism and explosive game-breaking coverage skills. His ability to intercept passes and flip field position (averages 18.1 yards on interception returns) makes him a threat across the gridiron. An intelligent surveyor of the field, Kinchens’ instincts and preparation are integral to his success.
Yeah free agency will definitely have an impact. As for the running game thing I honestly think that is going to be a weakness for a while unless the players we have just get better at it. I think this oline is mostly set (outside of injuries) for the next 3 years or so. We just locked down two tackles for a while who are both not great run blockers. Shaq Mason has been a great run blocker through his career but he's still adjusting to the system and who knows where he ends up. Center is likely going to be either Patterson or Scruggs. Maybe Scruggs can come in and provide some juice to the run game but currently Patterson has shown that he can hold his own in pass pro but is struggling in the run game. LG is really the only spot that I see as open for grabs at the moment.

As for pass rush yeah we need help. My dream would be WAJ takes a step forward in that department and then we hit the jackpot on an interior defender. But it may be that we need to take another round 1-3 swing on an edge rusher.

Personally CB worries me, Nelson is due to hit his decline any year now and Stingley can't stay on the field. I'd either extend Nelson a couple of years and hope his play can keep up or look at the free agent market for a CB. Then draft one within the first 3 rounds and start readying him to be the Nelson replacement.

How would you feel about an offseason like this one?

Bring back Nelson/Griffin/Thomas/Stingley

Bring in FA, DT Wilkins, Edge Hunter

Draft

1.Nabers WR LSU
2. Sanders TE Texas
3. Rocket Sanders RB Arkansas
3. Josh Newton CB TCU
4. Jestin Jacobs LB Oregon

How would you feel about an offseason like this one?

Bring back Nelson/Griffin/Thomas/Stingley

Bring in FA, DT Wilkins, Edge Hunter

Draft

1.Nabers WR LSU
2. Sanders TE Texas
3. Rocket Sanders RB Arkansas
3. Josh Newton CB TCU
4. Jestin Jacobs LB Oregon
I don’t know Jacobs, so I’d have to look into him. I like the Nabers and Sanders TE picks. I know Newton got cooked by Travis Hunter earlier this season, but I don’t know if he’s improved. RB Sanders I’m not sure. I like Will Shipley out of Clemson, but don’t know if he’d be available with our 3rd.

Also- I though we only had one 3rd round pick next year.

I don’t know Jacobs, so I’d have to look into him. I like the Nabers and Sanders TE picks. I know Newton got cooked by Travis Hunter earlier this season, but I don’t know if he’s improved. RB Sanders I’m not sure. I like Will Shipley out of Clemson, but don’t know if he’d be available with our 3rd.

Also- I though we only had one 3rd round pick next year.

Sanders is a big one cut tough runner with sprinter speed and good hands. Of course he cant run routes like McCaffrey can. McCaffrey is a unicorn when it comes to running routes. The best I've seen. I like Shipley a lot too, I wonder about his pass pro.

You're right, they've got a 3rd and two 4th's. These are my guys so far this yr that I want, so I would trade a future pick to get my guys.

Sanders and Allen are the 2 RB's that have something the Texans offense greatly misses, gamebreaking speed.

Back