Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2023 Texans NFL Projection/Ranking

Hahaha

Reading back through the first four pages of this thread, and several of you didn’t want CJ playing behind this offensive line. Y’all wanted Mills to start badly.
CJ not only putting up big time numbers behind that line, he’s setting records and he’s not getting sacked a bunch.

Opt you were on it brother. Lol
Remember when Mills had more potential because he had experience? How about he was beating Stroud in camp?
chapelle-charlie-murphy.gif

Yeah, some of us were wrong. So ******* what? It's not as if anyone on this board accurately predicted what would actually happen. Or will there ever be anybody who does.

Enjoy the ride while the wheels are turning.

Pointing out someone was wrong is a penis extension.

Some are more desperate to see if it works than others.

Yeah, some of us were wrong. So ******* what? It's not as if anyone on this board accurately predicted what would actually happen. Or will there ever be anybody who does.

Enjoy the ride while the wheels are turning.
Plus the fact that Mills was out playing Stroud at the beginning.

I seriously doubt anyone truly thought the texans would be as good as they are! Hell I say we will win the Superbowl every year but I never truly believe it!

But this year with the way good teams are losing to bad teams we could definitely get hot and make a deep playoff run. I believe we can hang with any team in the league.

I seriously doubt anyone truly thought the texans would be as good as they are! Hell I say we will win the Superbowl every year but I never truly believe it!

But this year with the way good teams are losing to bad teams we could definitely get hot and make a deep playoff run. I believe we can hang with any team in the league.

They filled the holes with quality talent and for the first time in a decade have good depth. This team will go as far as Stroud can take them. The playoffs would be great experience for Stroud.

They filled the holes with quality talent and for the first time in a decade have good depth. This team will go as far as Stroud can take them. The playoffs would be great experience for Stroud.

That is true. We signed a bunch of quality guys to short term contracts and they are making a big impact. I haven't looked but I imagine we are in really good shape cap wise next season. IMO Caserio has done an amazing job rebuilding the dumpster Obrien turned this franchise into!

That is true. We signed a bunch of quality guys to short term contracts and they are making a big impact. I haven't looked but I imagine we are in really good shape cap wise next season. IMO Caserio has done an amazing job rebuilding the dumpster Obrien turned this franchise into!
Ryans and Caserio are working together. It's so great to have the GM/HC working together. I don't know if this level of working together between the GM/HC since the franchises inception.

They kept their foot on the pedal. The turnovers slowed them down.

No....going too hard to a failing run game in the second half really played havoc on both sides of the ball. The INT's didn't help either, but neither did the predictable game calling on offense.

I get when OC's want to try and run out the clock, but when defenses start stacking the box unmercifully and completely remove running the effectively....it might be a good thing to go back to what gave you the lead in the first half.

Hahaha

Reading back through the first four pages of this thread, and several of you didn’t want CJ playing behind this offensive line. Y’all wanted Mills to start badly.
CJ not only putting up big time numbers behind that line, he’s setting records and he’s not getting sacked a bunch.

Opt you were on it brother. Lol

You better believe I did b/c I had zero confidence this OL or run game was capable of keeping a rookie QB healthy. Stroud hadn't had a chance to put a guarantee on how the team is playing now at the start of GM1. Stroud got roughed up behind that OL out of the gate, but he persevered and realized he had to make quick reads or get killed. I give CJ major kudo's for maturing really quick and becoming a hell of a leader on this team. I believe Stroud could become every bit the QB1 Mahomes is with a more dominant run game and cleaner pocket to work from. I believe the receiving weapons are on the roster.

You better believe I did b/c I had zero confidence this OL or run game was capable of keeping a rookie QB healthy. Stroud hadn't had a chance to put a guarantee on how the team is playing now at the start of GM1. Stroud got roughed up behind that OL out of the gate, but he persevered and realized he had to make quick reads or get killed. I give CJ major kudo's for maturing really quick and becoming a hell of a leader on this team. I believe Stroud could become every bit the QB1 Mahomes is with a more dominant run game and cleaner pocket to work from. I believe the receiving weapons are on the roster.
Has Andy Reed ever had a dominant run game?

I mean Kareem Hunt leaves KC & he's a nice change of pace back.

No....going too hard to a failing run game in the second half really played havoc on both sides of the ball. The INT's didn't help either, but neither did the predictable game calling on offense.

I get when OC's want to try and run out the clock, but when defenses start stacking the box unmercifully and completely remove running the effectively....it might be a good thing to go back to what gave you the lead in the first half.

They ran the ball 7 times in the 2nd half. They threw the ball 15 times.

The 2nd drive of the half was three straight dropbacks and a punt.

I don't think the real problem was unwaveringly pounding the rock. It was the kid making some bad throws that I happen to believe he'll learn from.

I didn't see the predictably that you saw.

Pointing out someone was wrong is a penis extension.

Some are more desperate to see if it works than others.
That's all it takes? Dang, I wonder if I can get my $ back on all those pills, lotions and other uh hmm gadgets? Pointing out someone is wrong? I gotta try that!

I didn't see the predictably that you saw.

me either. In fact, one thing I like about this staff is that in general, they keep the pedal to the metal. A couple of times earlier in the season, DeMeco turtled on defense, but last week he kept applying pressure, and it helped seal the win. Second half last week, running game wasn’t too hot, so they went to the air. Stroud made a couple of poor throws and it cost them points. That’s not turtling…that’s poor execution.

Despite the 3 point loss to the Jags last Sunday, the Texans are currently ranked #11 in the NFL.com power rankings.

Coming up short against the Jaguars means the Texans have their work cut out for them if they want to make the playoffs. This one stings because the Jags are more than a game up in the AFC South and currently hold the tiebreakers, with better division and conference marks. The Texans certainly had their chances to win, but some painful penalties on both sides of the ball really hurt. So did C.J. Stroud's three second-half sacks, shaky coverage in the secondary (Tavierre Thomas had a forgettable game) and the missed field-goal tries at the end of each half by Matt Ammendola. There's still a clear path to the postseason for Houston, but it starts with a win over 6-5 Denver in Week 13 and might stretch all the way to the Week 18 game at Indianapolis.

I’m going with 4-2 but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 3-3 or 2-4. I don’t trust the NFL and it’s refs/officials. They have a way of dictating the outcome of these games. And we all know they really don’t like Houston period.

I’m going with 4-2 but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 3-3 or 2-4. I don’t trust the NFL and it’s refs/officials. They have a way of dictating the outcome of these games. And we all know they really don’t like Houston period.
The NFL has switched the Texans and Bronco game to the nationally covered noon game. Would you, and others, be objecting if the NFL began "liking" the Texans and all these controversial penalty flags began going our way? Stroud could have this effect.

The NFL has switched the Texans and Bronco game to the nationally covered noon game. Would you, and others, be objecting if the NFL began "liking" the Texans and all these controversial penalty flags began going our way? Stroud could have this effect.
That’s not going to never happen anytime soon. They’ve hated on all Houston teams for a very long time now. Would be nice if they did though

Back