Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2023 Texans NFL Projection/Ranking

Looking at their schedule

@steelers W
vs 49ers L
vs Titans W
@texans L (we pretty much have to win this to have a shot at the division so we'll call it a Texans win. This game could certainly go either way)
vs Bengals L
@ Browns W (struggled with this one)
vs Ravens L
@ Bucs W
vs Panthers W
@Titans W

That puts them at 11 wins. Do you disagree with any of these?
We'll see if they can beat the Steelers on the road.

Jags aren’t good. We can definitely sweep them this year considering we still have them at home. The 2nd colts game is the game we absolutely have to win and of course the tits…gotta at least split with them to have a chance at the division
Are we sure they aren’t good? They beat the Bills and dominated the Falcons and they’ve won 4 in a row. I think they may be good

Jags have beat the Colts x2, Saints, Falcons and Buffalo.
Colts aren’t good, Saints not that good, Bills are jeckyll and Hyde and that game was in London. The falcons aren’t that good either.
Only team there that will be there in the end is Buffalo.
I’m not sold on the Jags. They are good, sure enough but they don’t worry me. Yet.

Jags have beat the Colts x2, Saints, Falcons and Buffalo.
Colts aren’t good, Saints not that good, Bills are jeckyll and Hyde and that game was in London. The falcons aren’t that good either.
Only team there that will be there in the end is Buffalo.
I’m not sold on the Jags. They are good, sure enough but they don’t worry me. Yet.
The most impressive thing the Jags have done this year is to hold a Chiefs team missing Travis Kelce to 17 pts

The most impressive thing the Jags have done this year is to hold a Chiefs team missing Travis Kelce to 17 pts

I do think the Jaguars are better than I would like to give them credit for. If Lawrence can stay healthy, they have a lot of weapons at their disposal and their defense has been much better since the Texans game. I wouldn’t consider them Super Bowl bound, but I absolutely can see them winning one or two games in the playoffs. They are a good measuring stick for Houston and how our program is advancing. Once we are clearly better than Jacksonville as currently constructed, we will be playoff contenders.

I don't think any team is "good" at this point of the season, not with the way preseason is managed nowadays.

The established offenses & defenses have an edge, but every team is a "new" team every year.

We'll see teams start to separate over the next 4 or 5 weeks & we'll have a better idea of who's "good" & who's not.

The Jags are still the best team in the division right now. Which doesn't mean they're gonna stay there.

a9df614c6995b3f7455a63b0de6ba257.jpg

You're probably right, but the Bengals are a bad matchup for a beat up Texans team.

injuries ain’t even the top reason. They’re just a bad match up for us period. They legit go 3 deep at WR in which we can barely cover 1 without any issues. They have a run game that we are inconsistent at stopping and they have a top level, poised qb starting to hit his stride. Top that off with the fact that we’re getting them on the road…where Stroud has been a little inconsistent.

This is an uphill battle to say the least

injuries ain’t even the top reason. They’re just a bad match up for us period. They legit go 3 deep at WR in which we can barely cover 1 without any issues. They have a run game that we are inconsistent at stopping and they have a top level, poised qb starting to hit his stride. Top that off with the fact that we’re getting them on the road…where Stroud has been a little inconsistent.

Agreed, but I believe they could hang with them if the defense was healthy, which they're not. Losing Ward really hurts the team.

Their running game isn’t that much better than ours. They have been inconsistent in that department all season long. Mixon is averaging 3.9 yards a little bit better than Singletary 3.4 and DP 3.0. Our defense is much improved in stopping the run.
Higgins and Boyd are not living up to the hype right now and it’s a good chance Chase will miss this game.

Their running game isn’t that much better than ours. They have been inconsistent in that department all season long. Mixon is averaging 3.9 yards a little bit better than Singletary 3.4 and DP 3.0. Our defense is much improved in stopping the run.
Higgins and Boyd are not living up to the hype right now and it’s a good chance Chase will miss this game.

if I had your optimism about everything Texansballer, who knows what I could’ve done.

We’ve been gashed in the run game by 2 back up RB’s in Zach Moss and Chubba Hubbard. Any success we’ve had against guys in the run game is b/c we’ve been able to sit on it b/c the team’s passing game was/supposedly worse. Worked out ok for us to do that against Jax and the Steelers early in the season…not so much for us against the Colts, Falcons and the damn panthers.

& Mixon is better than pretty much every back we’ve faced this year outside of Etienne imo. But in channeling your optimism, we will see how this weekend goes :)

Last edited:
if I had your optimism about everything Texansballer, who knows what I could’ve done.

We’ve been gashed in the run game by 2 back up RB’s in Zach Moss and Chubba Hubbard. Any success we’ve had against guys in the run game is b/c we’ve been able to sit on it b/c the team’s passing game was/supposedly worse. Worked out ok for us to do that against Jax and the Steelers early in the season…not so much for us against the Colts, Falcons and the damn panthers.

& Mixon is better than pretty much every back we’ve faced this year outside of Etienne imo. But in channeling your optimism, we will see how this weekend goes :)
Last four games no team rushed over 100
Buccaneers- 81 yards
Panthers- 44 yards
Saints- 89 yards
Falcons- 96 yards
Steelers-114 yards
Jaguars-116 yards
Colts-126 yards
Ravens-110 with Jackson running for 38.

So where are you getting gashed from Tex?

Last edited:
Last three ganes
Buccaneers- 81 yards
Panthers- 44 yards
Saints- 89 yards
Falcons- 96 yards
Steelers-114 yards
Jaguars-116 yards
Colts-126 yards

Last three games... :thinking: one... two...

three... :thinking:

Last three ganes
Buccaneers- 81 yards
Panthers- 44 yards
Saints- 89 yards
Falcons- 96 yards
Steelers-114 yards
Jaguars-116 yards
Colts-126 yards

The raw numbers don’t tell the whole story & what it comes down to for me is can we stop them from running when we need to & thereby running out the clock if they’re ahead. We couldn’t stop Zach Moss when we needed to & he ran all over us. Couldn’t really stop Chubba Hubbard when we needed to ( he converted a key 3rd down on the final drive to keep it alive). And you saw what a no name RB in Rashad White did to us; 20 carries for 73 yds and 2 pylons. The only reason we pulled that one out is b/c Todd Bowles is a **** HC…and b/c Stroud is the 2nd coming.

im not saying they haven’t had their moments, but if u think we’re going to be able to shut Mixon & their run game down & be able to keep an eye on Higgins, Boyd…well…I guess I’m in “see it to believe it mode”. Mixon is also a great pass catching threat out of the backfield as well. Which means more mismatches in their favor with him going against TooToo/Harris.

Brother you said gashed and I just showed you they haven’t been gashed. Gashed is what happened to them last year and the year before. And we could go to almost every team defeat and see them not getting a stop. It happens to every team.

Brother you said gashed and I just showed you they haven’t been gashed. Gashed is what happened to them last year and the year before. And we could go to almost every team defeat and see them not getting a stop. It happens to every team.

Key in on the word I used…fair enough maybe “gashed” is the wrong word…but at the end of the day, my premise still holds. When this team needed stops, they couldn’t get them and a big part of that was teams were able to keep the clock running using the run game. those were against less formidable opponents. Furthermore the bengals are a different animal from pretty much every team we’ve played this yeah. They are not only formidable, they are SB contenders and have ripped off 4 straight. If anything it’s a “measuring stick” game.

We know we can’t run it..they’ll know we can’t run it & you can bet with what Stroud did last week, the Bengals will not be lulled into believing this is a lay up game. I’ll obviously be happy with a win, but I’ll also be happy with them just putting up a good showing. And if there’s 1 thing Stroud can improve upon, it’s his play on the road. Stroud He had to go Tom Brady in the last game to get us the dub……The matchup on paper says He’ll have to go full Dragonball Z Super Saiyan to win this one for us.

Key in on the word I used…fair enough maybe “gashed” is the wrong word…but at the end of the day, my premise still holds. When this team needed stops, they couldn’t get them and a big part of that was teams were able to keep the clock running using the run game. those were against less formidable opponents. Furthermore the bengals are a different animal from pretty much every team we’ve played this yeah. They are not only formidable, they are SB contenders and have ripped off 4 straight. If anything it’s a “measuring stick” game.

We know we can’t run it..they’ll know we can’t run it & you can bet with what Stroud did last week, the Bengals will not be lulled into believing this is a lay up game. I’ll obviously be happy with a win, but I’ll also be happy with them just putting up a good showing. And if there’s 1 thing Stroud can improve upon, it’s his play on the road. Stroud He had to go Tom Brady in the last game to get us the dub……The matchup on paper says He’ll have to go full Dragonball Z Super Saiyan to win this one for us.
The Jaguars are 6-2, Pittsburgh 5-3 and Saints are 5-4. We beat all of them and beat them handily. The Jaguars are picked by many to win the division and they’re contenders. So imo the Bengals aren’t the only formidable team we’ve
played or playing.
The Chiefs can’t run the ball either, since Mahomes been starting. Their running game has been nonexistent.

Im not predicting a win but we could very well win this game. As you can see we can score with the best of them.

The Jaguars are 6-2, Pittsburgh 5-3 and Saints are 5-4. We beat all of them and beat them handily. The Jaguars are picked by many to win the division and they’re contenders. So imo the Bengals aren’t the only formidable team we’ve
played or playing.
The Chiefs can’t run the ball either, since Mahomes been starting. Their running game has been nonexistent.

Im not predicting a win but we could very well win this game. As you can see we can score with the best of them.

we got Jax early in the season & they aren’t really contenders. They’re also a divisional opponent and those games are usually close. They’re predicted to win a relatively weak division…that’s about it.

Saints we barely beat with last minute heroics from Stroud.

Steelers are paper tigers, have no passing game……and we got them at home.

Also don’t forget we’ve lost 3 very gettable games..1 of which to an 0-6 team.

None of the teams we beat…or haven’t beat for that matter check the boxes like the bengal's..except for the Ravens.

We’ve got an outside shot, but let’s not act like This is a pick ‘em’ game. Otherwise i’m with u..any given Sunday and all that & if Chase is in fact out, & now Tee Higgins as well, our chances just got a bit better. But Stroud and the passing game are gonna have to have a performance almost on par with what they did in the 2nd half of this past game.

Last edited:
we got Jax early in the season & they aren’t really contenders. They’re also a divisional opponent and those games are usually close. They’re predicted to win a relatively weak division…that’s about it.

None of the teams we beat…or haven’t beat for that matter check the boxes like the bengal's..except for the Ravens.

We’ve got an outside shot, but let’s not act like This is a pick ‘em’ game. Otherwise i’m with u..any given Sunday and all that & if Chase is in fact out, & now Tee Higgins as well, our chances just got a bit better. But Stroud and the passing game are gonna have to have a performance almost on par with what they did in the 2nd half of this past game.
You're not happy when we're down, not happy when we're up.

You're not happy when we're down, not happy when we're up.

absolutely right. I ain’t happy unless we’re demolishing teams…my heart can’t take too much of the other stuff. All or nothing. It’s safer for me this way.

I couldn’t watch the Stros lose to those **** boys up in Dallas this year. Turned the game off after that 2nd Garcia homer in game 7. Before that I turned off game 5 too so I never saw Altuve’s homer to win it.

Gotta

We were close in that game until a few questionable calls started making the game out of reach, plus Stroud was still learning. If we were to face them now, he probably does way better.
The game was also still within reach until Fant went down and our 3rd string LG went in at RT and gave up a strip sack immediately.

But on the other hand the Ravens are now more settled into their new offense so I think the game would still go roughly the same way. Probably a little more tilted towards the Ravens actually.

Little bit of a strawman here as I don't see anyone calling this a pick em game. Just people saying that maybe we have a chance.

Also side note in what world are we acting like 20 carries for 73 yards is some beat down?

Little bit of a strawman here as I don't see anyone calling this a pick em game. Just people saying that maybe we have a chance.

Also side note in what world are we acting like 20 carries for 73 yards is some beat down?

well of course we have a chance..how much of a chance is where the debate is. I agree to that.

& When u can’t stop a guy when u need to. Zach Moss only had 88 yards on 18 carries..but I seem to remember more than a few of those carries coming at critical times..I.e. 3rd down conversions and/or TD runs.

The same was sorta true with Rachaad White in the game this past Sunday.

Hell in recent years, our defense would largely keep Henry in check for a large part of the game and then at a critical juncture he’d rip off a a 50 yarder that would put the Titans in position for a FG…same thing in my eyes.

I don't think I'd put the Texans that high, but one thing's certain, we're not anyone's doormat now.
Agreed, my first thought was "well I love the enthusiasm but let's dial it back a notch". Still the fact that we're even in the conversation for that spot is a welcome change.

I don't think I'd put the Texans that high, but one thing's certain, we're not anyone's doormat now.
Agreed, my first thought was "well I love the enthusiasm but let's dial it back a notch". Still the fact that we're even in the conversation for that spot is a welcome change.
There's talk now that the Texans could be a serious factor in the playoffs. More so than a one and done team. The respect we are getting now says we could be a serious contender. This of course is because of the impact Stroud is making in the news.

Hahaha

Reading back through the first four pages of this thread, and several of you didn’t want CJ playing behind this offensive line. Y’all wanted Mills to start badly.
CJ not only putting up big time numbers behind that line, he’s setting records and he’s not getting sacked a bunch.

Opt you were on it brother. Lol

Back