Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Ejiro Evero

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
I have heard EB interviews terribly. No specifics though. They just say "bad interviews" If EB wants a HC job he really needs to leave KC and Reid and prove he can do it somewhere else, as an OC without Reid, like Kafka did. It makes me think people don't know if it is EB or Reid leading to the success of the offense.
Pederson didn't have to leave either

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Always the comment when there is no real response
It means I
To be fair he honestly has improved.

But the suggestion(s) that he's 'fixed' or 'saved' are pretty ridiculous. Going from a D- to a C-.. again, is that really the 'bar'?

And I say all this as someone squarely in the Kafka camp..
He's been better than a C- this yr with subpar weapons to work with. Barkley and believe it or not, Hodgkin's have been the best weapons he's had to work with.

Number19

Hall of Fame
Steichen has been at the top of my list for a while, based on his resume. Tonight was the first Philly game I've watched and I like the offense. But if Steichen were to bring the same offense to Houston, Stroud and definitely Young would not be a good fit. In Philly, the QB is an integral part of the run game. Levis would be a better fit, or Hooker or Richardson.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
Steichen has been at the top of my list for a while, based on his resume. Tonight was the first Philly game I've watched and I like the offense. But if Steichen were to bring the same offense to Houston, Stroud and definitely Young would not be a good fit. In Philly, the QB is an integral part of the run game. Levis would be a better fit, or Hooker or Richardson.
Hopefully Steichen will adjust his offense based on the talents of the QB on his team.

Mangler

Toro de España
Question re DeMeco - will he be as effective here in Houston without that stellar defense?
Sure he will be popular with the players, but wasn't Lovie too - and how did that work out?
The Texans don’t have a quarter of the front seven Demeco has in SF to even sniff the same amount of success here in Houston. Unless they’re giving him 2 drafts to build a defense, the Texans should probably just go with Shane Steichen or Sean Payton.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Question re DeMeco - will he be as effective here in Houston without that stellar defense?
Sure he will be popular with the players, but wasn't Lovie too - and how did that work out?
If we get a stout DT & an upgrade to Kirksey… we might get by in 2023. Green, Hughes, Greenard, & Okonronkwo would all improve as edge rushers

amazing80

Hall of Fame
THe difference is philosophy. Lovie runs an outdated system and showed zero effort to Innovate and recreate his system. not only did we not have great personnel for his system, but his style of play is out of date and not as effective anymore.

Ryans is a leader of the number 1 defense in the league, even with good players, he has to lead them and call plays.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Jacksonville has had potential before.

Just as I was with the Texans believing that every game @Indy was a loss until they proved it could be a W.

I will believe the Jags are no longer the Jags if the wheels don't fall off some time between off-season and end of next season.

AFCS is improved from what it was... but that doesn't mean it's a powerhouse either.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
THe difference is philosophy. Lovie runs an outdated system and showed zero effort to Innovate and recreate his system. not only did we not have great personnel for his system, but his style of play is out of date and not as effective anymore.

Ryans is a leader of the number 1 defense in the league, even with good players, he has to lead them and call plays.
They run alot of cover 2, they just have better players at doing it. Same defenses, better players.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Np coach will be as effective initially. The Texans are still building. They need a leader to show them how to get to the other side.
Already couching the narrative.

Are you going to say the same thing if Gannon is the hire

I think we should give whoever the next HC is, the Mills treatment.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Am I wrong? Are one of these coaches going to turn the Texans into a winner in 2023?
No

But I'm into giving the new HC and QB the Mills treatment.

Would you have said the same thing if Lovie was still the HC

beerlover

Hall of Fame
I never wanted Texans to part ways with DeMeco in the first place or Aaron Glenn, two of my all-time favorite Texan players. Nothing would warm my heart more than to bring in DeMeco as head coach with Glenn as DC. But it's always about ownership, isn't it? Think we're just fooling ourselves again if we think the McNairs would do the right thing. Therein is the frustration of being a fan of this franchise.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I never wanted Texans to part ways with DeMeco in the first place or Aaron Glenn, two of my all-time favorite Texan players. Nothing would warm my heart more than to bring in DeMeco as head coach with Glenn as DC. But it's always about ownership, isn't it? Think we're just fooling ourselves again if we think the McNairs would do the right thing. Therein is the frustration of being a fan of this franchise.
Being a homer is the right thing to do for the franchise?

I'm sure you would be happy with a staff like this.

Demeco
DC Glenn
DL Watt
LB Cushing
DB JJo
ST's Kris Brown

OC Gary
RB Foster
OL Pitts
WR AJ
TE OD

I mean if you're a homer go all in. I would like Gary to pick the next QB for Demeco.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Am I wrong? Are one of these coaches going to turn the Texans into a winner in 2023?
Realistically, of course you're not wrong. Every now and then some team gets a new coach and does a complete 180 seemingly out of nowhere. I'll be damned if I can figure out when it's going to happen or which one of these new head coaches are going to make it happen.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Being a homer is the right thing to do for the franchise?

I'm sure you would be happy with a staff like this.

Demeco
DC Glenn
DL Watt
LB Cushing
DB JJo
ST's Kris Brown

OC Gary
RB Foster
OL Pitts
WR AJ
TE OD

I mean if you're a homer go all in. I would like Gary to pick the next QB for Demeco.
I would dig that coaching staff!!

Porky

Hall of Fame
You're probably not winning a championship with any staff speaking strictly from a numbers perspective.

Without weighting it for talent or other factors, statistically, you win a SB every 32 years. This **** ain't easy!

If it was easy, it wouldn't mean anything.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
It would be fun as hell to watch though. :texans:
Many fans value entertainment over doing the right thing and hiring/drafting coaches/players that give the Texans org the best chance to win a championship.

I didn't realize there was a significant portion of the fan base that feels this way, but they're out there and the McNair's have made a fortune off them over the years.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Many fans value entertainment over doing the right thing and hiring/drafting coaches/players that give the Texans org the best chance to win a championship.

I didn't realize there was a significant portion of the fan base that feels this way, but they're out there and the McNair's have made a fortune off them over the years.
You're taking this way too seriously. The entire idea of being a fan of something is entertainment. Why didn't you put Schaub in there as QB coach or OC? :kitten:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You're taking this way too seriously. The entire idea of being a fan of something is entertainment. Why didn't you put Schaub in there as QB coach or OC? :kitten:
Wanting your team to do everything possible to win a championship isn't taking things too seriously.

Because I knew more homer Aggies could relate to Kubiak more than Schaub.