• Ben Johnson

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Ejiro Evero

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
no source. I just remember years ago he and Arians being at odds with the amount of passing they were doing vs. running. The team struggled & Arians wanted to run a bit more, Rothlisberger wanted to pass more…next year Ariams was gone.

Could all be true but no source...

powda

Just memory... if you don't believe that's your choice

I remember hearing someone say Buddy Ryan punched Kevin Gilbride because he slept with his wife.

Is that believable?

I don't have a source.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
And Nagy wasn't very good. That kind of proves my point that EB needs to separate himself from Reid
Having a qb is the best way to success. Nagy didn't draft Trubisky, the gm did. Even so, they had some success until it was proven Trubisky wasn't any good. It had 0 to do with him not being under Ryan. We've seen it work and we've seen it not work. Whatever way you slice it, EB has been the oc in KC and they've had good offenses. Kafka, whom I don't have a problem, is all of a sudden getting credit for a mediocre Daniel Jones. There isn't a tree or recipe for success of a coach other than the qb. McDermott went to the playoffs before Allen, but since Allen's ascension, they have become a contender.

powda

Having a qb is the best way to success. Nagy didn't draft Trubisky, the gm did. Even so, they had some success until it was proven Trubisky wasn't any good. It had 0 to do with him not being under Ryan. We've seen it work and we've seen it not work. Whatever way you slice it, EB has been the oc in KC and they've had good offenses. Kafka, whom I don't have a problem, is all of a sudden getting credit for a mediocre Daniel Jones. There isn't a tree or recipe for success of a coach other than the qb. McDermott went to the playoffs before Allen, but since Allen's ascension, they have become a contender.

I think you've convoluted this about as much as possible. Reads poorly. Can you simplify your opinion?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Kalfka didn't coverup a rape by one of his former players while coaching in college.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Kalfka didn't coverup a rape by one of his former players while coaching in college.
Provide me with the link that said EB did that. I've looked and researched and they invited him back to CU multiple times, The mere fact that he's the on a top shelf team tells me this isn't why he's not a head coach. Not to mention, he's still getting interviews. If he did as you state, he wouldn't have made it past rb's coach like he was in Minny.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Provide me with the link that said EB did that. I've looked and researched and they invited him back to CU multiple times, The mere fact that he's the on a top shelf team tells me this isn't why he's not a head coach. Not to mention, he's still getting interviews. If he did as you state, he wouldn't have made it past rb's coach like he was in Minny.
Look up CnD's post on this. He posted an article back when EB 1st was interviewed after EB was fired.

powda

The vetting process inside an organization is never the same as outside. Especially when there's success.

powda

Kalfa has never coached in college.

I'm talking about when EB was an asst coach at Colorado.

Let me excuse myself from the conversation as I'm completely lost on all the enuendos and tangents that may or may not be there.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
i think people know EB aint the chief (no pun intended) architect on offense in KC…he might be calling the actual plays on game day, but the creativity is coming from Reid…& the overall explosiveness of that offense resides with Mahomes. I also think too EB is hitting these interviews demanding things that im not sire these owners are willing to give him..b/c they’re skeptical about how much of KC’s success really is him.

Someone said it upthread, but EB needs to get away from Reid to showcase himself.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!

Last edited:

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
i think people know EB aint the chief (no pun intended) architect on offense in KC…he might be calling the actual plays on game day, but the creativity is coming from Reid…& the overall explosiveness of that offense resides with Mahomes. I also think too EB is hitting these interviews demanding things that im not sire these owners are willing to give him..b/c they’re skeptical about how much of KC’s success really is him.

Someone said it upthread, but EB needs to get away from Reid to showcase himself.
Did McDaniels have to get away from Lil Shanny? What about the Cincy coach or the GB coach getting away from McVeigh. See how that works backwards? Nagy didn't have to leave either, yet he got a head coaching job also. Look, these owners and gms can hire whom they want. The Texans could've hired EB and he could've been fired a year later just like Culley and Lovie or maybe he would've shown something special in his game plans that would've led to some progress, who knows?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Plus did you see EB and Mahomes arguing when they left the field at halftime at a game. (I cant remember which game it was) Also I've heard that EB is difficult to work with on a daily basis.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Did McDaniels have to get away from Lil Shanny? What about the Cincy coach or the GB coach getting away from McVeigh. See how that works backwards? Nagy didn't have to leave either, yet he got a head coaching job also. Look, these owners and gms can hire whom they want. The Texans could've hired EB and he could've been fired a year later just like Culley and Lovie or maybe he would've shown something special in his game plans that would've led to some progress, who knows?
all true…but this has happened to other guys too, not necessarily just minorities. You noted Sherman Lewis..but Arians was passed over for a good while before getting his 1st real gig….i want to say Zimmer languished as a top DC for years before Minny finally gave him a shot. Gary Kubiak had been deserving for a while before the Texans offered him. For whatever reason, some guys just get passed over.

furthermore, we don’t know what EB’s preference is.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
all true…but this has happened to other guys too, not necessarily just minorities. You noted Sherman Lewis..but Arians was passed over for a good while before getting his 1st real gig….i want to say Zimmer languished as a top DC for years before Minny finally gave him a shot. Gary Kubiak had been deserving for a while before the Texans offered him. For whatever reason, some guys just get passed over.

furthermore, we don’t know what EB’s preference is.
I mentioned Arians. Kubiak had chances, but he declined and went for the one he really wanted. He never left Shannys side either until he became coach if i remember.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I mentioned Arians. Kubiak had chances, but he declined and went for the one he really wanted. He never left Shannys side either until he became coach if i remember.
thats what im saying..we dont know if EB isnt in the same boat as Kubiak..We assume b/c he’s taking interviews that he’s being passed over when in reality he might just be waiting for the one he really wants..or the team that gives him everything he wants.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Plus did you see EB and Mahomes arguing when they left the field at halftime at a game. (I cant remember which game it was) Also I've heard that EB is difficult to work with on a daily basis.
You're reaching on some bs. Mahomes and Reid praises the work he puts in the gameplan. I'm sure if he was difficult to work with, that would be everywhere except in your mind.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You're reaching on some bs. Mahomes and Reid praises the work he puts in the gameplan. I'm sure if he was difficult to work with, that would be everywhere except in your mind.
Did you see them arguing?

That wasn't in my mind.

There was an old article on chiefsplanet about this topic. They're closer than we are to knowing what's going on with the Chiefs.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I dunno the history here but obviously you'll need a source to validate that opinion. Do you have one?
But then again:

"I have no clue where it comes from," the Buccaneers coach said of any beef with Tom Brady. "Somebody's got to write a story every day about something. Tom and I have a great relationship. Even during the retirement: 'Where you at?' 'I'm in Italy.' 'How's it going?' 'Got the kids over here.' You know, just checking on him. I can't get him back on the golf course because he's traveling too much, so I can't win enough money off of him."

powda

The former Buccaneers coach, 70, criticized Tom Brady's play in a new interview, stating how the 45-year-old quarterback should shoulder some of the blame for Tampa Bay's struggles this season, and that the coaching staff didn't deserve to be the scapegoats.

Source?

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Nagy didn't leave. Kafka left and went under Daboll who fixed Allen. Daniel Jones is still average, but now all off sudden he fixed Jones and is a hot candidate.
How would folks feel if Kafka told the Texans he could fix Mills just like he did Jones….therefore Caserio could focus the draft on other areas of need.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
My effinggoodness thank you..

The guy is a dud for 98% of his career and he has one good game in the playoffs and he's all of a sudden 'the bar'..
Jones has had a much better year this year than previous years, mainly by reducing the number of turnovers. Daboll has brought in a much better offense also and a healthy Barkley has been huge

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Jones has had a much better year this year than previous years, mainly by reducing the number of turnovers. Daboll has brought in a much better offense also and a healthy Barkley has been huge
To be fair he honestly has improved.

But the suggestion(s) that he's 'fixed' or 'saved' are pretty ridiculous. Going from a D- to a C-.. again, is that really the 'bar'?

And I say all this as someone squarely in the Kafka camp..

Texian

Hall of Fame
If Payton is so tight with Mickey Loomis why doesn’t he consider going back to the Saints? Is it strictly a money deal?
Because this is a Sean Payton money grab. If it was strictly about the coaching he would be the Saints' coach. When the going got tough (Brees retired) Payton ran away.