Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2023 DRAFT PICK SELECTION THREAD

How much did we trade to move from 25 to 12 to get Watson?

I think it’s a lot. I’d have been happy with Nolan Smith at 12.

But yeah, a drop off in talent.

I’m not mad. But it’s a lot.
This happened because we got Stroud. I won't be a nagging detractor and I'll support. Heck, I think Stroud can become an average or better starter. But it will really sucks if he mids out on us. It will set the franchise back.

Such a shame Young wasn't there. I could have gotten onboard with that.

Look, I dont care anymore about future draft picks, especially when we have a LOT of them. Swing for the ******* fences for once and lets go. I'm sick of never making moves. I loved WA but was not overly hot for CJ but we picked up two concensus top players in this draft for once so LFG. I think CJ fits really well in this offense AND we kept him out IND and TEN.

Look, I dont care anymore about future draft picks, especially when we haev a LOT of it. Swing for the ******* fences for once and lets go. I'm sick of never making moves. I loved WA but was not overly hot for CJ but we picked up two concensus top players in this draft for once so LFG. I think CJ fits really well in this offense AND we kept him out IND and TEN.
Indy got the eventual better QB. We should be scared of what Steichen and Richardson can very realistically become. Texans could be playing second fiddle on offense in the Conference for a long time. Should have gotten Richardson.

But whatever. It is what it is. Hope Stroud pans out to become a frontline QB.

That is range of Jalin Hyatt and Schmitz but costs both round threes. Prob worth it for either but both spots could probably be had.
Yeah we still have some interesting picks left here with #65, #73, #104 and now #105. You can stay with these or move around with trades in multiple combinations.

Indy got the eventual better QB. We should be scared of what Steichen and Richardson can very realistically become. Texans could be playing second fiddle on offense in the Conference for a long time. Should have gotten Richardson.

But whatever. It is what it is. Hope Stroud pans out to become a frontline QB.

You forgot all the IF's in your fawning over Richardson.

Also, the version of WCO that this team will run doesn't need a cannon-armed running QB with accuracy issues.

I like Gonzalez, but our CB situation is ok. Need some of that capital for a OC, WR, LB. Maybe RB and TE even.

True but I believe in a bangin' secondary.

I wish that we found a way to get Anderson by trading down from 2, get Witherspoon/Gonzalez from trading up from 12 using capital, and using 33 in some creative fashion as well.

But ya.

Circle jerk started immediately after the 3rd pick...
why-so-mad-9d3b062147.jpg

Wow I bet all of us who wanted Campbell in the 2nd feel like idiots now. What the hell is Detroit thinking? They drafted two 2nd rounders in the first. Geez just try and trade back.

[QUOTE="ben.aires.smith, post: 3335386, member: 63548"
Such a shame Young wasn't there. I could have gotten onboard with that.
[/QUOTE]
It's one thing to be 5'10 against college players, I didn't want to see him on our team against NFL size D-Linemen. Glad the Panthers took him.

Wow I bet all of us who wanted Campbell in the 2nd feel like idiots now. What the hell is Detroit thinking? They drafted two 2nd rounders in the first. Geez just try and trade back.
Recent mocks have been showing Gibbs and Campbell in the first

This is total opposite of the few mock drafts I did with trades. I kept trading back for more picks like AZ. Caught me totally off guard with the trade up. Do your thing Casserio/DeMeco! I like it!

Back