Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2023 DRAFT PICK SELECTION THREAD

Caser

12 was a swap, 33 is a 2nd no matter how you look at it and next year we had an extra pick from DW trade so how are you coming up with three 1st's? To each their own but geesh
12 is a 1st, next years 1st and #33 is the 1st pick in the 2nd which is basically the same as a late 1st rounder to me. It's a hell of a lot to give up for one player.

12 is a 1st, next years 1st and #33 is the 1st pick in the 2nd which is basically the same as a late 1st rounder to me. It's a hell of a lot to give up for one player.

You seem like you think they should pay us rather than the other way around. It is just the cost of doing business. To move that far up costs a lot and we paid it. The team just got a whole bunch better to night in less than 30 minutes. Be happy!

You seem like you think they should pay us rather than the other way around. It is just the cost of doing business. To move that far up costs a lot and we paid it. The team just got a whole bunch better to night in less than 30 minutes. Be happy!
Don't get me wrong, I like Will Anderson and C.J Stroud. WA has to be All Pro for this trade to be a good thing to me. #12, #33 and our 1st next year should all be good, impactful players.

We didn't give up 12 - we swapped it for 3. Therefore, it is not giving up a 1st round pick this year. We still had two 1st rounders this year.

Sorry, this was addressed earlier but I'm too slow.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I like Will Anderson and C.J Stroud. WA has to be All Pro for this trade to be a good thing to me. #12, #33 and our 1st next year should all be good, impactful players.
#12 for #3 is a swap of position so a 1st was not GIVEN UP so its a wash. #33 is a second. We had two 1sts next year and gave away ONE so you can't just post this into existence. Its just not fact

Moving up 9 spots to number 3 overall for a 2nd and a 1st next year (out of 2) isn't a small price, sure.

It's the cost of doing big business.
How much did we trade to move from 25 to 12 to get Watson?

I think it’s a lot. I’d have been happy with Nolan Smith at 12.

But yeah, a drop off in talent.

I’m not mad. But it’s a lot.

Back