Grayson McCall
, QB Coastal Carolina vs Troy Thu, Oct 28, 6:30 PM CDT on ESN2

Carson Strong, QB Nevada vs UNLV Fri, Oct 29, 9:00 PM CDT on CBSS

Kenny Pickett, QB Pittsburgh vs Miami Sat, Oct 30, 11:00 AM CDT on ACCN

Desmond Ridder, QB Cincinnati @ Tulane Sat, Oct 30, 11:00 AM CDT on ESN2

Malik Willis, QB Liberty vs Massachusetts Sat, Oct 30, 11:00 AM CDT on ESP3

Sam Hartman, QB Wake Forest vs Duke Sat, Oct 30, 3:00 PM CDT on ACCN

Matt Corral, QB Ole Miss @ Auburn Sat, Oct 30, 6:00 PM CDT on ESPN

Sam Howell, QB North Carolina @ Notre Dame Sat, Oct 30, 6:30 PM CDT on NBC, PEAC

Brennan Armstrong, QB Virginia @ BYU Sat, Oct 30, 9:15 PM CDT on ESN2

Yeah….Kenny Pickett has moved up the boards. He’s really putting a nice season together. If folks haven’t taken the time to watch the condensed or highlight versions of his games on YouTube, they’d be missing out.
I watched Carson Strong practically will his team to a victory over Fresno St. Nevada did everything it could to give the game away and strong made spectacular rocket ball throw after throw to keep them in it to the last 2 seconds of the game. They couldn’t convert the 2 point try but Strong still completed the throw.
Strong may be the best QB in college football.

I watched Carson Strong practically will his team to a victory over Fresno St. Nevada did everything it could to give the game away and strong made spectacular rocket ball throw after throw to keep them in it to the last 2 seconds of the game. They couldn’t convert the 2 point try but Strong still completed the throw.

Pickett has finished 3-0 against Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and Clemson. Over their last 5 games his biggest challenges may come against Miami (This weekend), North Carolina, and Virginia. Then he’ll have the ACC Championship (they’ll draw undefeated #13 Wake Forest) and a Bowl Game which would give him 50 starts in his CFB career.

This is the guy that I hope the Texans pick if they take a QB in the 1st rd.

If I'm the Steelers this is Ben's replacement.

This is the guy that I hope the Texans pick if they take a QB in the 1st rd.

If I'm the Steelers this is Ben's replacement.

I've watched him in 3 or 4 games this season .... he's a hell of a competitor. He throws and completes so many passes each game, I begin to take him for granted ! I watched the replay of Pitt's game today. I now have Pickett up to - neck and neck with Corral .... and that's tall cotton ! I hate to say stupid things .... but .... I swear it seems like 60% to 70% of the passes those boys throw, are perfect - in every way .... from the release, to spin, to velosity, to the bushel basket area in which they arrive ! And NO ! I haven't had a beer in 35 years !

My thoughts on Grayson McCall game last night. It's hard to get a good evaluation when the game is played during a heavy rain. Under the circumstances McCall did perform admirably, his completion % was down but that was to be expected in the rain. His WRs dropped a few passes because of the weather, didn't help.

Calling all Carson Strong fans, your boy is up tonight, playing at home against UNLV at 9:00PM on CBSS.

My thoughts on Grayson McCall game last night. It's hard to get a good evaluation when the game is played during a heavy rain. Under the circumstances McCall did perform admirably, his completion % was down but that was to be expected in the rain. His WRs dropped a few passes because of the weather, didn't help.

Calling all Carson Strong fans, your boy is up tonight, playing at home against UNLV at 9:00PM on CBSS.

I had forgotten that was on .... remembered and turned over just in time to see Strong throw a pass into quadruple coverage ! He's way too good to be making those kind of decisions on national TV ! He's trying too hard to impress !
The more I look at the way the prospects are lining up, I'm wishing we had an offense in place, and were just tasked with rebuilding the defense !

Pickett has finished 3-0 against Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and Clemson. Over their last 5 games his biggest challenges may come against Miami (This weekend), North Carolina, and Virginia. Then he’ll have the ACC Championship (they’ll draw undefeated #13 Wake Forest) and a Bowl Game which would give him 50 starts in his CFB career.

Pickett had a big day in a loss that’s going to impact their ranking. He tossed a couple of INT’s with one being pretty crucial in the red-zone. I didn’t get to see the game live so I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see the condensed game on YouTube.

Pickett had a big day in a loss that’s going to impact their ranking. He tossed a couple of INT’s with one being pretty crucial in the red-zone. I didn’t get to see the game live so I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see the condensed game on YouTube.
I like Pickett. I just don’t see NFL elite starter in him.
I do see Strong, Corral and Willis having elite NFL talent in different ways.

WEEK 9 RESULTS:

PassingCompAttPctYdsY/ATDIntSackYdsLQBRat
Grayson McCall142653.829411.32111166.5
Carson Strong374975.54178.54100169.9
Kenny Pickett395570.95199.432435160.9
Desmond Ridder172763.02278.431324162.8
assingCompAttPctYdsY/ATDIntSackYdsLQBRat
Malik Willis192770.430711.440110214.8
Sam Hartman243764.940210.930211182.9
Matt Corral213756.82897.80113117.0
Sam Howell243177.434111.011314174.0
Brennan Armstrong223464.73379.94215175.0

Carson had a very strong game against UNLV, played well.

Kenny Pickett played a monster game with over 500 yards passing, had 2 INTs, the last cost Pittsburgh the game.

Ridder had a solid consistent performance.

Willis had some impressive stats but it was against Massachusetts.

Hartman had a BIG day against Duke. Very solid performance.

Matt Corral had a tough day against Auburn. He ran the ball better than he threw. May have jeopardized his Heisman chances.

Sam Howell looked good in a loss to Notre Dame.

Brennan Armstrong had a roller coaster ride in a loss against BYU.

Last edited:
Carson had a very strong game against UNLV, played well.

Kenny Pickett played a monster game with over 500 yards passing, had 2 INTs, the last cost Pittsburgh the game.

Ridder had a solid consistent performance.

Willis had some impressive stats but it was against Massachusetts.

Hartman had a BIG day against Duke. Very solid performance.

Matt Corral had a tough day against Auburn. He ran the ball better than he threw. May have jeopardized his Heisman chances.

Sam Howell looked good in a loss to Notre Dame.

Brennan Armstrong had a roller coaster ride in a loss against BYU.

Strong is still my #1 guy

I think Corral is playing hurt

Howell looked like I thought he was going to look at the beginning of the season.

Armstrong really impressed me, stood in against the rush and threw with accuracy and anticipation. Good mobility. Last int was because he had just broken a rib or 2.

That kid, Brennan Armstrong really jumps off the screen to me. The 3/4 position he releases from, encourages tremendous accuracy. Remind you of anyone ? Aaron Rogers ! Coaches continually harped on me to release it from the highest point possible .... everything was sculped to fit the "pocket" was beginning to dominate the game. Worked pretty well for Pete Beathard. Reminds me of the scene where Butch and Sundance decide they'd better go straight. Strother Martin says "can you hit anything ?" ....... "I'm better when I move" ! Most quotable quotes of any movie ever !

WEEK 10 SCHEDULE:

Kenny Pickett,
QB Pittsburg @ Duke Sat, Nov 6, 11:00 AM CDT on ACCN

Sam Howell, QB North Carolina vs Wake Forest, Sat, Nov 6, 11:00 AM CDT on ABC
Sam Hartman, QB Wake Forest

Matt Corral, QB Ole Miss vs Liberty Sat, Nov 6, 11:00 AM CDT on SECN
Malik Willis, QB Liberty

Desmond Ridder, QB Cincinnati vs Tulsa Sat, Nov 6, 2:30 PM CDT on ESN2

Grayson McCall, QB Coastal Carolina @ Ga Southern Sat, Nov 6, 5:00 PM CDT on ESP+

Carson Strong, QB Nevada vs San Jose St. Sat, Nov 6, 9:00 PM CDT on FS2

Double bonus coverage, get your flipper ready, watch 2 games, see 4 QBs.

Carson Strong once again was insane last night.
He was beaten to a pulp by San Jose St getting drilled by blitz after blitz but he hung in there and drove his team down on crucial drives to win the game.
He converted on 4th down twice completing rocket balls to win the game.
I just don’t see any other QB1 with his skill set.

Kenny Pickett284365.14169.73034169.4

Sam Hartman255149.03987.852210139.1

Sam Howell162661.52168.31038144.0

Malik Willis162564.01736.90395598.1

Matt Corral202774.132412.010214187.1

Desmond Ridder152365.227411.92127185.3

Carson Strong365466.73145.812326114.2

Grayson McCall - DNP, Injured

Kenny Pickett284365.14169.73034169.4

Sam Hartman255149.03987.852210139.1

Sam Howell162661.52168.31038144.0

Malik Willis162564.01736.90395598.1

Matt Corral202774.132412.010214187.1

Desmond Ridder152365.227411.92127185.3

Carson Strong365466.73145.812326114.2

Grayson McCall - DNP, Injured

Another solid week for Pickett. I really wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t play himself up to being the top QB in the 2022 draft. He’s still got UNC, Syracuse, and Virginia ahead. If that stretch goes good, then he’ll have the ACC Championship game.

Another solid week for Pickett. I really wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t play himself up to being the top QB in the 2022 draft. He’s still got UNC, Syracuse, and Virginia ahead. If that stretch goes good, then he’ll have the ACC Championship game.
I think Pickett, Willis and Ridder are the only Seniors in this group. I can see making a case for all the others returning to school with the exception of Matt Corral.

I think Pickett, Willis and Ridder are the only Seniors in this group. I can see making a case for all the others returning to school with the exception of Matt Corral.
With the exception of Corral do you see any of those as top five picks in 2022?

With the exception of Corral do you see any of those as top five picks in 2022?

That's a definite maybe, sir ! This is such a crazy game to analyze. The success of everything is so heavily dependent upon the success of everything else. I have seen three QBs this year, in 1, 2, maybe 3 games maximum, look perfect in a game. Perfect, as in beyond expectations. Pass completions that were thrown better than the ones I had imagined in my mind's eye. Elusiveness that suddenly looked so much easier than I had imagined .... because of a move that they made in the wink of an eye, that I never saw coming .... and .... neither did they ! There are all kinds of "other worldly" machinations - reminiscent of some of those Johnny Football moves. I think they come from somewhere other than measurable talent .... something akin to - instinctual imagination .... if such a thing exists. I really don't drink or do drugs, and I'm not playing word games. The older I get and the more critically I watch, the more often I see athletes, especially runners, receivers, and ball handlers do things that rank well beyond a 10 ! Matt Corral, Kenny Pickett, and Michael Pratt of Tulane. Pratt is a mystery to me. He is ranked as a Freshman .... referred to that way everywhere I look .... yet on his bio, it states that he played in 11 games last year - starting 10 ! I know there was a rule made to accommodate the Corona virus .... but this seems contradictory to me. To those 3, I would add Carson Strong to this list. Seems like Nevada would be getting some of their walking wounded back, but last night he had to put the entire team on his shoulders .... you've gotta respect a man with that kind of desire and leadership skills .... same predicament seems to be unfolding in the lap of Matt Corral lately .... can't remember the last time I saw him walk without a limp. Sorry for the length, but that last page or two of the game thread got me fired up .... well that .... combined with the "Patriot" being on .... I think Mel Gibson is a genius.

That's a definite maybe, sir ! This is such a crazy game to analyze. The success of everything is so heavily dependent upon the success of everything else. I have seen three QBs this year, in 1, 2, maybe 3 games maximum, look perfect in a game. Perfect, as in beyond expectations. Pass completions that were thrown better than the ones I had imagined in my mind's eye. Elusiveness that suddenly looked so much easier than I had imagined .... because of a move that they made in the wink of an eye, that I never saw coming .... and .... neither did they ! There are all kinds of "other worldly" machinations - reminiscent of some of those Johnny Football moves. I think they come from somewhere other than measurable talent .... something akin to - instinctual imagination .... if such a thing exists. I really don't drink or do drugs, and I'm not playing word games. The older I get and the more critically I watch, the more often I see athletes, especially runners, receivers, and ball handlers do things that rank well beyond a 10 ! Matt Corral, Kenny Pickett, and Michael Pratt of Tulane. Pratt is a mystery to me. He is ranked as a Freshman .... referred to that way everywhere I look .... yet on his bio, it states that he played in 11 games last year - starting 10 ! I know there was a rule made to accommodate the Corona virus .... but this seems contradictory to me. To those 3, I would add Carson Strong to this list. Seems like Nevada would be getting some of their walking wounded back, but last night he had to put the entire team on his shoulders .... you've gotta respect a man with that kind of desire and leadership skills .... same predicament seems to be unfolding in the lap of Matt Corral lately .... can't remember the last time I saw him walk without a limp. Sorry for the length, but that last page or two of the game thread got me fired up .... well that .... combined with the "Patriot" being on .... I think Mel Gibson is a genius.
Appreciate your thoughts! Upfront I need to admit that I have not watched every single play of the those quarterbacks but of the many I have I have yet to see any Johnny Manziel college type moves on any kind of consistent or frequent basis. Knowing the translation from college to Pros as Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson for two are discovering leads me to tread lightly.

Most important part of your post is mention of crazy game to analyze should be the focus. Each year we have seen quarterbacks levitate to Stratosphere that no one thought they would ever Attain. So I am hopeful that some team is willing to give up a huge amount of draft picks for our round one. Fortunately I am seeing players moving into lower round one and upper round to that could benefit our team immensely. The more pics we can get in that area the better I like it.

Carson Strong once again was insane last night.
He was beaten to a pulp by San Jose St getting drilled by blitz after blitz but he hung in there and drove his team down on crucial drives to win the game.
He converted on 4th down twice completing rocket balls to win the game.
I just don’t see any other QB1 with his skill set.

Strong just screams Steelers QB.

I hope the Texans don't waste a pick on any of them at any point in the draft. Have to look elsewhere for that next franchise QB.

2023 or 2024 might be the best time if no other QB on the roster surfaces. Not to mention, if Caserio’s drafts and cap cleanup have gone according to plan then the Texans may present an opportunity like the Steelers did Rothlisberger, Chiefs did Mahomes, and Patriots did Brady.

WEEK 11 SCHEDULE:

Game of the Week
Sam Howell
QB N Caro @ Kenny Pickett, QB Pitt Thu, Nov 11, 6:30 PM CST on ESPN

Desmond Ridder, QB Cincinnati @ USF Fri, Nov 12, 5:00 PM CST on ESN2

Matt Corral, QB Ole Miss vs Texas A&M Sat, Nov 13, 6:00 PM CST on ESPN

Brennan Armstrong, QB Virginia vs Notre Dame Sat, Nov 13, 6:30 PM CST on ABC

Sam Hartman, QB Wake Forest vs NC State Sat, Nov 13, 6:30 PM CST on ACCN

Carson Strong, QB Nevada vs SDSU (8 - 1) Sat, Nov 13, 9:30 PM CST on CBSS

Grayson McCall, QB Coastal Carolina - Injured

Malik Willis, QB Liberty - OFF after last week vs Ole Miss IMO Willis is not ready for prime time.

I’m just really glad they both talk about Ridders horrible passing efficiency and completion %, which isn’t the end all be all of stats. It can be a mirage, however I don’t think it is with Ridder. If he goes to Sean Payton though….that’s not good.

I’m just really glad they both talk about Ridders horrible passing efficiency and completion %, which isn’t the end all be all of stats. It can be a mirage, however I don’t think it is with Ridder. If he goes to Sean Payton though….that’s not good.

Honest question:

How many QBs that had horrible passing efficiency and completion % improved it in the NFL enough to be a franchise QB?

Honest question:

How many QBs that had horrible passing efficiency and completion % improved it in the NFL enough to be a franchise QB?

Oh, I’m in complete agreement. It’s extremely rare. Allen didn’t have good numbers at Wyoming and I think he’s the outlier right now.
This is why I’m so high on Strong. He throws the ball alot but he completes a lot of his passes and he completes a lot from the pocket.
His last 2 years he’s had a 70% completion and his pocket completion is as high.
Its why I’m liking Pickett more and more. Like Strong, he has the athleticism to run around when needed and throw accurately but more importantl, Pickett throws consistent from the pocket. Pickett has dramatically improved his completion % and is near 69%.

It can be a mirage of a stat though and you have to watch entire games to get a better gauge of how they are making these completions. Both Strong and Pickett are passing the NFL level “eye test”.
They both can move and manipulate the pocket, get out into space, keeping their eyes downfield and throw on the run accurately.
But to me the benchmark of a successful transition from college to the NFL is throwing accurately from the pocket. And both seem to be nailing it.
I also like Picketts size. He’s a big kid. 6’3” 220 and he could add a few more pounds. I didn’t notice his size and his wheels in the games I randomly watched of him. Strong is taller and more noticeable and he could also gain a couple pounds more.

Where do y'all think

Corral/Strong/Pickett go?

I had Strong in the 1st before this season started. Now I think if I needed a QB (,Not the Texans) I would look at Pickett and Corral if I was a QB needy team. I think the Steelers are going to pick Pickett if he's available at their pick.

Back