Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2015 College Football Season General Thread

So if not for the Arkansas 4th & 25 conversion in OT and the Florida 4th & 14 conversion with 90 seconds left in regulation, the SEC Championship this weekend would be Ole Miss vs Tennessee.

Just goes to show how far the overall level of play in the SEC has fallen over the years.
My money is on the SEC winning the National Championship this year. IMHO Tenn and Ole Miss are two pretty good ball clubs

Biggest coaching job off the market with USC hiring interim coach Clay Helton. Georgia and Miami really the only top jobs left available.

Central Florida
Georgia
Hawaii - Nick Rolovich (Nevada OC)
Illinois - Bill Cubit (Illinois OC)
Iowa State - Matt Campbell (Toledo HC)

Louisiana-Monroe
Maryland
Miami
Memphis
Minnesota - Tracy Claeys (Minnesota OC)
Missouri
North Texas
Rutgers
South Carolina
Syracuse
Toledo
Tulane
USC - Clay Helton (USC OC)
Virginia
Virginia Tech - Justin Fuente (Memphis HC)

As a UGA fan, I'm really disappointed to see Mark Richt go. Really hope he goes to Mizzou or USC (east coast version)

Miami now the top job available. Recent rumors are DJ Durkin (Michigan DC) to Maryland and Sonny Dykes (Cal HC) just interviewed at Missouri. South Carolina is apparently trying to go after Muschamp now.

Central Florida - Scott Frost (Oregon OC)
Georgia - Kirby Smart (Alabama DC)

Louisiana-Monroe
Maryland
Miami
Memphis
Missouri
North Texas
Rutgers
South Carolina
Syracuse
Toledo
Tulane
Virginia

Biggest jobs remaining are Missouri, South Carolina, and Virginia. Other P5's open are Rutgers and Syracuse. Lots of rumors about Dino Babers getting the Syracuse job while Will Muschamp and Lincoln Riley seem to be the leaders for the South Carolina job. Virginia made a run at Mark Richt but he choose his alma mater (Miami) instead. Nobody seems to know where Missouri is going but they did interview Sonny Dykes (Cal HC).

BYU
East Carolina

Louisiana-Monroe
Maryland - DJ Durkin (Michigan DC)
Miami - Mark Richt (Georgia HC)
Memphis - Mike Norvell (Arizona State OC)
Missouri - Barry Odom (Missouri DC)

North Texas
Rutgers
South Carolina
Syracuse
Toledo
Tulane
Virginia - Bronco Mendenhall (BYU HC)

Last edited:
I've seen Bowling Green RB Travis Greene a few times and I'm really impressed. He's still very under the radar and there's not a whole lot of info out there. Looks like he's a converted WR and he has definitely put up some good numbers.

He reminds me of Chris Johnson at ECU, but not quite that type of elite athlete. Definitely shows traits of a late round guy who could be a major contributor like Justin Forsett.

South Carolina easily the biggest job remaining while Rutgers only remaining P5 job (unless you count BYU).

Bowling Green
BYU
East Carolina

Louisiana-Monroe
North Texas - Seth Littrell (North Carolina OC)
Rutgers - Chris Ash (Ohio State DC)

South Carolina
Syracuse - Dino Babers (Bowling Green HC)
Toledo
Tulane

Last edited:
Kinda hoping Alabama and Clemson lose today just to sit back and watch the chaos of the powers that be trying to figure out who to vote into their little playoff system. Not to mention the fans of those who get left out head's exploding.

Kinda hoping Alabama and Clemson lose today just to sit back and watch the chaos of the powers that be trying to figure out who to vote into their little playoff system. Not to mention the fans of those who get left out head's exploding.

If you're one of those guys who is hoping for change to the playoff system then you do need to be rooting for an Alabama loss.

The SEC getting left out of the playoff is the only thing that would force change.

Am I the only person at least a little intrigued with Antonio Morrison?

I realize he may be kinda batsh*t, but as a flyer he may also be kinda Vonteze Burfict.

I don't get it. How can an official suck that bad?

cd11574a70fe5e44292a272102fb348a5a4654b.jpg

The ball has already been kicked, it's where the yellow circle is, already at the 37 yard line, and NOBODY has crossed the 35 yet!!! Stevie Wonder can see that's not off-sides.

How do you blow that? Those 2 refs on the 35 should be fired on the spot. There's just no excuse for that. I don't even have a dog in the fight and I just hate stupid **** like that.

Last edited:
ACC covering their butts. If UNC wins then ACC is left out of playoff. UNC is #10. They aren't moving to #4 with a win. If Clemson wins then ACC gets into playoff and their teams get $6M each as a reward.

UNC got screwed. They took it on the chin for the conference.

ACC covering their butts. If UNC wins then ACC is left out of playoff. UNC is #10. They aren't moving to #4 with a win. If Clemson wins then ACC gets into playoff and their teams get $6M each as a reward.

UNC got screwed. They took it on the chin for the conference.

I don't think they purposely missed the call, they just missed it.

UNC still needs a score and a 2 point conversion just to tie it, so it's not as if that alone cost them the game. This type of situation is nothing new.

UNC still needs a score and a 2 point conversion just to tie it, so it's not as if that alone cost them the game. This type of situation is nothing new.

I don't actually think they purposely did it either but its funny how that just happened to come about right there at the end.

ACC had a really rough year this year with its officiating. That play and the Duke/Miami play aren't going to go away for a while.

All the big jobs are off the board. Have to say, this was a very strange coaching carousel. Out of the 3 biggest jobs available (USC, Georgia, Virginia Tech) they all hired their only interview. Seems pretty odd to have one of the best openings available and specifically go after one guy without testing the waters on anybody else.

Bowling Green
BYU
East Carolina

Louisiana-Monroe
North Texas - Seth Littrell (North Carolina OC)
Rutgers - Chris Ash (Ohio State DC)
South Carolina - Will Muschamp (Auburn DC)

Syracuse - Dino Babers (Bowling Green HC)
Toledo
Tulane

I agree. Kind of like the Cubs and fans blaming Steve Bartman. The Cubs still had to eff it up bigtime before they could even get to blaming Bartman.

Agree but it's still an awful look. It's not even like it was a judgment call like PI. He straight up ruled that somebody was offsides and there very clearly should have been no penalty. That alone didn't cost North Carolina the game, but they earned a fair shot to tie it and that chance was stolen by a blatantly missed call.

I agree. Kind of like the Cubs and fans blaming Steve Bartman. The Cubs still had to eff it up bigtime before they could even get to blaming Bartman.

Disagree. This had a direct effect on the outcome of the game. This wasn't a case of fan interference. This was an official, whose job responsibility is to insure a fair contest, making a ridiculously wrong call during the literal climax of the game. And what makes it even worse is that the official made up something that wasn't even there. It would be far less blatant for him to miss an offsides call than it would be to call one that isn't there.

Agree but it's still an awful look. It's not even like it was a judgment call like PI. He straight up ruled that somebody was offsides and there very clearly should have been no penalty. That alone didn't cost North Carolina the game, but they earned a fair shot to tie it and that chance was stolen by a blatantly missed call.

Disagree. This had a direct effect on the outcome of the game. This wasn't a case of fan interference. This was an official, whose job responsibility is to insure a fair contest, making a ridiculously wrong call during the literal climax of the game. And what makes it even worse is that the official made up something that wasn't even there. It would be far less blatant for him to miss an offsides call than it would be to call one that isn't there.

Fair enough. To be honest I didn't think my analogy was very good either...lol. We do agree that it was a horseshit call and robbed UNC of even a chance to win. No worries here, 007. :)

Adolphus Washington (DT, Ohio State) suspended for Fiesta Bowl after being caught soliciting a prostitute.

This could affect his draft stock seeing as he has a wife and kid. Not a good look.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...n-t-battle-medical-bills/stories/201512090275

As Pitt's James Conner fights cancer, family won't battle medical bills
December 10, 2015 12:00 AM

Courtesy of Mike Gallagher

Pitt running back James Conner receives his first chemotherapy treatment Tuesday with his mom, Kelly Patterson, by his side at the Hillman Cancer Center.
By Sam Werner / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

As Pitt running back James Conner embarked on a chemotherapy regimen Tuesday to treat his recently diagnosed Hodgkin lymphoma, he knew he had a long fight ahead of him.

But of all the things Conner and his family will have to worry about as he receives bi-weekly treatments over the next six months, cost is not one of them.

Pitt’s athletic department will pay for all out-of-pocket costs that are not covered by Conner’s family insurance, partly through the department’s athlete insurance policy with UPMC and the rest from their general fund.

“When you hear that your child has cancer, the last thing on your mind is money,” Conner’s mother, Kelly Patterson, said in an email. “All I could think about was getting my son healthy again, no matter what the cost. But now that we have had a few days to take it all in, and realizing that paying for his care is not an issue, it’s such a relief.”

Report: Robert Nkemdiche charged with possession of marijuana

According to police, Nkemdiche broke the window of his fourth-story hotel room, walked about 15 feet, climbed over a wall and fell 15 feet. When Atlanta police found Nkemdiche, he was conscious and breathing.” Nkemdiche was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital where he was listed in stable condition.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...d-with-possession-of-marijuana-175418958.html
Scratch him from the first round...

If I remember the report, it wasn't simply possession. He jumped from the first floor of a building and I think ended up in the hospital. I think you have to look at that and wonder what the hell is going on with him.

I read what he did. I'm still questioning whether that makes for an automatic first round scratch.

I read what he did. I'm still questioning whether that makes for an automatic first round scratch.
Perhaps some brilliant GM will take a chance and the guy becomes a model citizen. But I haven't seen any addict break free while being lavished with glory and praise. To me, it's just evidence of another in a long line of tragic stories being told of fallen heroes in the making.

But as long as Jerry is there, he might go for it.

Perhaps some brilliant GM will take a chance and the guy becomes a model citizen. But I haven't seen any addict break free while being lavished with glory and praise. To me, it's just evidence of another in a long line of tragic stories being told of fallen heroes in the making.

But as long as Jerry is there, he might go for it.

Cris Carter.

Back