Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

I'd like to join if y'all have room. Didn't realize this was starting back up again.

Take your pick:

Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Cincinnati Bengals
Detroit Lions
Kansas City Chiefs
New England Patriots
New York Giants
San Diego Chargers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans
Washington Redskins

Can I take Detroit as my 2nd team?

I updated the draft signup sheet to have GMs listed and have started assigning 2nd teams to folks. Anyone who had a team listed in their top 3 and was willing to draft for multiple teams got a chance to get the teams. The Lions were between you and Steelb, but he won the random draw. For these types of random draws, I'm giving everyone equal chance at getting the teams.

2nd teams for people:
bah007 - Carolina Panthers
WolverineFan - New England Patriots
Blake - Buffalo Bills
steelbtexan - Detroit Lions
NCTexan - Cincinnati Bengals
The Pencil Neck - Tennessee Titans

Remaining teams available are:

Baltimore Ravens
Kansas City Chiefs
New York Giants
San Diego Chargers
Washington Redskins

I updated the draft signup sheet to have GMs listed and have started assigning 2nd teams to folks. Anyone who had a team listed in their top 3 and was willing to draft for multiple teams got a chance to get the teams. The Lions were between you and Steelb, but he won the random draw. For these types of random draws, I'm giving everyone equal chance at getting the teams.

2nd teams for people:
bah007 - Carolina Panthers
WolverineFan - New England Patriots
Blake - Buffalo Bills
steelbtexan - Detroit Lions
NCTexan - Cincinnati Bengals
The Pencil Neck - Tennessee Titans

Remaining teams available are:

Baltimore Ravens
Kansas City Chiefs
New York Giants
San Diego Chargers
Washington Redskins

Got it. Thanks for all the work, Dutch!
I'll take the Ravens, if there's no one left who needs a team.

Nah, I GM'd for the Bears year before last and kinda got skewered for "reaching" for Stephan Wisniewski in the first who ended up going to the Raiders in the second and has done pretty well for himself.

Had the stinkin' Jets last year.

Delete

Sweet. I ran with the Bulls this weekend AND I got assigned to draft for the Texans.

Good stuff!

I've had my mock finished since the 8th, but have been tweeking it here and there.

I expect MAD grief from everyone, don't hold back. I love it.

I bet no one can guess who my fake Texans will LIKELY be drafting at 1.01

Sweet. I ran with the Bulls this weekend AND I got assigned to draft for the Texans.

Good stuff!

I've had my mock finished since the 8th, but have been tweeking it here and there.

I can't think of a more fitting way to train for being the Texans GM in the TT Mock Draft! +rep

Good stuff!

I'm guessing Clowney.

Good stuff!

The only way I am going to be shocked is if you don't take Teddy.

Good stuff!

Go ahead and doom this franchise to another decade of mediocrity. It will probably be an improvement over the last decade of mediocrity. LOL

Go ahead and doom this franchise to another decade of mediocrity. It will probably be an improvement over the last decade of mediocrity. LOL

One thing I can assure you of, is that we will never be mediocre with me at the helm.

The hardest place to get out of in sports is the middle.

We will be really bad with the option of high draft picks and quick turnaround next year or we will be really good and still playing football in January.

I will make sure this franchise does the latter.

Now that the combine has been completed, when do we want to start this thing? Also, who is going to help me admin this beast of a thing?

Now that the combine has been completed, when do we want to start this thing? Also, who is going to help me admin this beast of a thing?

Any idea when Compensatory picks will be announced? Last year it was March 18th, which was a month after the combine.

Count me in for waiting for the comp picks. Also FA will have played out by then somewhat.

We will have over a month to finish the draft even if we held off until April 1st. Not that I'm suggesting this.

Count me in for waiting for the comp picks. Also FA will have played out by then somewhat.

We will have over a month to finish the draft even if we held off until April 1st. Not that I'm suggesting this.

Oh yeah, forgot about free agency too, duh... That's why we started in late March last year. After the first week of free agency, most of the big names will have made their moves, and it will make it a lot easier on folks to assess their needs (filled needs and new ones!). I recall two years ago when Mario Williams announced he was going to Buffalo and the Bills GM was in a bind due to his previous picks.

Definitely wait until comp picks are announced. That way the first part of FA will have also played out.

Nothing worse than being in the middle of the mock and your team signs a FA WR when you drafted a WR in the 1st round.

Oh OK, I see now. Well I would suggest waiting until a week after free agency starts. Free Agency begins Tuesday March 11, 2014. The Monday after that is March 17th, which could work, or that Tuesday if you want to give it a full week.

I believe last year we started a week after free agency, and I think that helped a lot of folks. You don't want to have your draft ruined because your team picks up a big time free agent at a position of need.

I thought this was the date we already chose? March 17th.

Or the day after, Tuesday, March 18th.

I hate to do this to you guys but I have two teams (Giants and Chargers) and if someone wants to take on an extra team I can part with either of them. Just let me know, thanks.

Would you please edit that Google Doc to show who has what teams on the 'draft secure' tab?

In the first tab all of the rows that show who has what are hidden and I can't figure out how to unhide them.

Thanks.

I hate to do this to you guys but I have two teams (Giants and Chargers) and if someone wants to take on an extra team I can part with either of them. Just let me know, thanks.

I would love to have the giants.

If you guys are both OK with it, Mussop can have the Giants. Just let me know and I'll amend the spreadsheet.

Would you please edit that Google Doc to show who has what teams on the 'draft secure' tab?

In the first tab all of the rows that show who has what are hidden and I can't figure out how to unhide them.

Thanks.

Yeah, someone filtered on their name and it didn't show anyone else. It has been cleared. The icon at the top right of the ribbon that looks like the top-half of an hourglass is the filter button. Clicking it will turn off/on filters, and clicking it twice will clear/remove all filters, thus showing all the data.

The Draft Order has been updated. All teams and GMs are added to it as well. When compensatory picks are announced, and if the contingency trade results are announced, I'll update it again.

I'm working on setting up the User sheets and getting those aligned with the main sheet. I added those last year so that multiple people could view the data without altering the secured sheet that I use for maintaining the data. Have a look if you want:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AscQRwKjB5B9dEtMeHkzSHRpZ3NKUURPTTRMaEc5SGc&usp=drive_web#gid=2

Back