Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2011 NFL Draft: Round 2/3, Texans with 42nd and 73rd picks/Thread(Reed/Harris)

So awtysst, do you think Casey Matthews will be there in the 4th for us? I wouldn't mind another no quit player, which would allow us to move Cushing into the strong-side linebacker possibly?

I still think we get a corner in free agency, and maybe a strong safety. Not much left at safety by the time we pick again.

I would love to get Matthews in the 4th. The key value in Matthews would not be so much that he moves Cush, but he provides excellent ILB depth plus provides an insurance policy for the rehabbing Meco.

I am thinking late 3rd now, so possibly he can be there in the fourth.

I would love to get Matthews in the 4th. The key value in Matthews would not be so much that he moves Cush, but he provides excellent ILB depth plus provides an insurance policy for the rehabbing Meco.

I am thinking late 3rd now, so possibly he can be there in the fourth.

would much rather they pick a safety with the 4th

Is Belichek insane? RB, RB, then Ryan "Eminem Roadie" Mallett? I thought Woodhead + Green-Ellis was pretty decent for them last year?

Is Belichek insane? RB, RB, then Ryan "methmouth" Mallett? I thought Woodhead + Green-Ellis was pretty decent for them last year?

That pats love a full Rb stable using a bunch of guys.

Mallett is a straight value pick. If he develops right he could be the heir apparent to Brady or they just trade him for a high pick.

I think the Redskins are trading back too much. Seems like they will miss out on some good players. Last trade:

Dolphins receive:
» Second-round pick (No. 62):
Daniel Thomas

Redskins receive:
» Third-round pick (No. 79)
» Fifth-round pick (No. 146)
» Seventh-round pick (No. 217)

Given that we have addressed 3 major defensive needs, I kind of hope we'll go offense this time. And, for no reason other than that he comes from my undergrad school, I hope Edmond Gates slips to the 4th, and we take him there...

Seriously, though, I would like to pick up both a WR prospect and an OL (I think it's a good idea to draft one every year, period) in the later rounds.

Given that we have addressed 3 major defensive needs, I kind of hope we'll go offense this time. And, for no reason other than that he comes from my undergrad school, I hope Edmond Gates slips to the 4th, and we take him there...

Seriously, though, I would like to pick up both a WR prospect and an OL (I think it's a good idea to draft one every year, period) in the later rounds.

don't know if he will still be there but leonard hankerson looks like a good player to me in the 4th

Whos left and where I would take them.

Sam Acho DE Texas 4TH
Kenrick Ellis DT Hampton 4TH
Jerrell Powe DT Mississippi 4TH
Davon House CB New Mexico State 4TH
Deunta Williams FS North Carolina 4TH
Quinton Carter FS Oklahoma 4TH
Robert Sands FS West Virginia 4TH
Mark Herzlich LB Boston College 6TH
Greg Romeus DE Pittsburgh 6TH
Casey Matthews LB Oregon 7TH
Brian Rolle LB Ohio State 7TH/UFA