Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2011 NFL Draft: Round 2/3, Texans with 42nd and 73rd picks/Thread(Reed/Harris)

TEXANS84

Staff member
Second Round 42nd overall pick (10th in round)

Third Round 73rd overall pick (9th in round)

rush LB time. should be a fun rd. talks are that oakland are trading up to #33 w/ pats presumably for kaepernick. good news for us if it happens as NE could very well take a OLB @ #33

Second Round 42nd overall pick (10th in round)

Third Round 73rd overall pick (9th in round)

Don't know if I've ever said it before or not, but I sure am glad we beat Jacksonville in Week 16 and that we aren't picking 5 spots earlier in every round. /end sarcasm

Did anyone else think the draft was boring and uninspired this year. I hate the thursday night draft change. And whats up with finding out the pick before the commish gets to the podium to announce it? Zooming in on what college player is on the phone. Are we as a society getting so spoiled with instant information that we have to ruin everything.

Did anyone else think the draft was boring and uninspired this year. I hate the thursday night draft change. And whats up with finding out the pick before the commish gets to the podium to announce it? Zooming in on what college player is on the phone. Are we as a society getting so spoiled with instant information that we have to ruin everything.

No I love the 3 day draft. I do hate them showing the pick before its called out. Takes out all the suspense.

Former players will announce these 2nd round picks. Aaron Glenn will announce the Texans pick.

Don't know if I've ever said it before or not, but I sure am glad we beat Jacksonville in Week 16 and that we aren't picking 5 spots earlier in every round. /end sarcasm

I would never, ever tell my team to lose a game. Not even to improve draft position. That's how a coach loses the respect of his players.

But... that's just me.

I would never, ever tell my team to lose a game. Not even to improve draft position. That's how a coach loses the respect of his players.

But... that's just me.

I completely agree i dont care that we would be drafting 5 positions earlier would that be nice yes but you never tell your team to lose

But... that's just me.

I completely agree and don't support the idea, but if I wanted to lose I wouldn't tell my players to lose, I'd just sit Schaub, Foster, Leach, Cushing, etc.

pretty cool, they'll have a team Alum announcing for their respective teams pick.

Wonder who will go up for the Texans lol.

But... that's just me.

Losing on purpose = Madden strategy...

If I want the Texans to lose, then I'm most likely a Dallas fan :)

But... that's just me.

You don't tell them to lose the game, you just sit your starters like the Colts did in 2010. Let them play the first series or quarter, then 'rest' them.

I didn`t really like Ras I Dowling for our pick - I thought that was too early for him - guess I was wrong, I don`t want to argue with NE.

Well, my guys are still on the board...

You don't tell them to lose the game, you just sit your starters like the Colts did in 2010. Let them play the first series or quarter, then 'rest' them.

its different between resting for the playoffs and resting to get a draft pick i really have no objection in that win

Back