Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2011 NFL Draft: Round 2/3, Texans with 42nd and 73rd picks/Thread(Reed/Harris)

I still have 7 left.

Akeem Ayers, OLB UCLA
Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
Justin Houston, OLB Georgia
Jabaal Sheard, OLB, Pittsburgh
Brandon Harris, CB Miami
Marvin Austin, NT North Carolina
Stephen Paea, NT, Oregon State

You don't tell them to lose the game, you just sit your starters like the Colts did in 2010. Let them play the first series or quarter, then 'rest' them.

If you want to do that to rest up going into the playoffs, that's fine. You're telling your backups to go out there and win it and prove that they want a space on the team.

But if you do that when you're not making the playoffs, then you're sending a bad message to the players because you're telling your backups that you don't want them to play their best and try to win the game.

I still have 7 left.

Akeem Ayers, OLB UCLA
Jabaal Sheard, OLB, Pittsburgh
Brandon Harris, CB Miami

we have the exact same list idk if thats your order but id have reed over ayers

I have a feeling that the Texans will draft Daquan Bowers (sp?). He's a talented player and if we can get 3 or 4 years worth or good play out of him, it's worth the 2nd round pick.

Man, Bowers's knee must be really bad. I'd have thought some team would have at least taken a chance on him by this point. Any guesses where he ends up going? Are any teams set well enough to take a risk of a high pick being wasted?

I have a feeling that the Texans will draft Daquan Bowers (sp?). He's a talented player and if we can get 3 or 4 years worth or good play out of him, it's worth the 2nd round pick.

I don't think he is a 3-4 OLB. He is strictly a 4-3 in my eyes.

If you want to do that to rest up going into the playoffs, that's fine. You're telling your backups to go out there and win it and prove that they want a space on the team.

But if you do that when you're not making the playoffs, then you're sending a bad message to the players because you're telling your backups that you don't want them to play their best and try to win the game.

I would think of it like the Rockets giving more playing time to rookies and new members of the team. Let your starters start and play minimally, but give the young guys opportunity to make big plays and prove they belong on the roster next year. They might win the game, but there's no point in letting guys like Schaub get lots of snaps and expose him to potential injury. We knew going into that game that we were eliminated from the playoffs, so we should be improving our chances for 2011 and beyond. Let Dan O get some snaps, god knows he needs more experience.

My wish group is getting decimated. Only 6 left.

Akeem Ayers, OLB UCLA
Brandon Harris, CB Miami

Akeem Ayers, OLB UCLA
Brandon Harris, CB Miami

I have a feeling the Titans are going to get Paea :(

Akeem Ayers, OLB UCLA
Brandon Harris, CB Miami

Arizona is gonna get our guy...

Akeem Ayers, OLB UCLA
Brandon Harris, CB Miami

4 more picks before we get a go at it, you'll get at least one if you're lucky :)

Back