Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What's your plan for QB next season?

I didn't know where to put this but today i just read a report article that both Terry Bradshaw and Jimmy Johnson don't like Osweiler. It goes on to say he's too slow and the QB evaluations and developing for the Texans is bad.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ns-havent-done-anything-right-at-quarterback/

I honestly think things like this makes the Texans do the wrong thing. This, imo, will make the Texans more likely to try to prove everybody wrong & Osweiler will probably get an extension out of this.

For instance, the rumors about Rick being promoted out of the way probably had merit. But since it got out they decided to post pone the move & gave Rick an extension in the mean time.

The rumors about Bill O'b parting with the Texans, may have been true, but since they had to deny it during the playoffs... they came up with this thing where O'b has technically been demoted to OC & RAC is the defacto head coach.

I honestly think things like this makes the Texans do the wrong thing. This, imo, will make the Texans more likely to try to prove everybody wrong & Osweiler will probably get an extension out of this.

For instance, the rumors about Rick being promoted out of the way probably had merit. But since it got out they decided to post pone the move & gave Rick an extension in the mean time.

The rumors about Bill O'b parting with the Texans, may have been true, but since they had to deny it during the playoffs... they came up with this thing where O'b has technically been demoted to OC & RAC is the defacto head coach.

Sad if the Texans org is run this way. They will never win anything.

Where did you hear the BOB/RAC info?

LOL @ Osweiler getting an extension.
That would be funny as heck.

Thank all of you for not only this comment post but all of them. I have learned and still learning so much feedback through this forum. I mostly read them than post. Its going to be very interesting as you well know this year on the QB situation, what else is new. But just when you think it's over then it comes back through media again. I don t have the answer just an opinion but as time goes on a QB whether one on the roster or a new one must be settled soon or its the song remains the same.

Same place you get your insider info on who is making what decisions within the Texans - voices inside your head.

Tell me are the Browns interested in Jimmy G.

Silver/Gazer etc... not enough for you on BOB reports.

I get it, you're ok with true speculation (YK) but cant stand people with sources that are usually correct speculating. Why is this?

Tell me are the Browns interested in Jimmy G.

Silver/Gazer etc... not enough for you on BOB reports.

I get it, you're ok with true speculation (YK) but cant stand people with sources that are usually correct speculating. Why is this?

I have no problem with speculation as long as it is recognized as speculation. You constantly present speculation as fact.

Even unnamed sources aren't fact but they are stronger than speculation. When we started this conversation there weren't even unnamed sources and yet you and others were treating up for trade for a 1st and 4th as fact.

Ok... so you know the guy is speculating. But since this guy has speculated things in the past that came to fruition you think it's ok to state his speculation as fact?

Is that what you're saying?

Been saying it for awhile. Actually since the Schaub injury. I heard about building the trenches and everything else,but qb play is the most imporatant and has been for awhile now.

Been saying it for awhile. Actually since the Schaub injury. I heard about building the trenches and everything else,but qb play is the most imporatant and has been for awhile now.

Yes you have been and you're correct.

However the OL does stink.

QB play may have been better if we kept Brandon Brooks, Wade Smith, Chris Myers and Ben Jones until replacements were acquired. Surely we didn't need to scrap the entire front for XSF while keeping the worst player on the line (Newton), and then go 'OOPS' ... nobody's that dumb, right?

Last edited:
QB play may have been better if we kept Brandon Brooks, Wade Smith, Chris Myers and Ben Jones until replacements were acquired. Surely we didn't need to scrap the entire front for XSF while keeping the worst player on the line (Newton), and then go 'OOPS' ... nobody's that dumb, right?
New regime comes in and replaces schaub with Fitzpatrick and didn't draft a qb before a team that had tom brady. Comes back the next yr and trades Fitzpatrick, trades for mallett and signs hoyer. The next season, they still didn't draft a qb ,but signed Os. Now in yr 4, they're talking about drafting a qb. I guesd.

I really believe in KS and Lynch. If they find their QB they can tuen that thing around in about 3 yrs. High draft picks and 80 mil in cap room means a fairly quick turnaround if you get people that know what they're doing in place and let them do their jobs.
I'm with you. I'm thinking Shanahan grew up around successful football and knows what it looks like. He's been successful everywhere he's been - including here.
Question is how effective Lynch will be as a first time GM. Will he use the existing scouting dept. or build his own from scratch? Will he set the draft big board or let Shanahan do it. Lynch is the wild card IMHO.

I'm with you. I'm thinking Shanahan grew up around successful football and knows what it looks like. He's been successful everywhere he's been - including here.
Question is how effective Lynch will be as a first time GM. Will he use the existing scouting dept. or build his own from scratch? Will he set the draft big board or let Shanahan do it. Lynch is the wild card IMHO.

Who knows, I do know Lynch is a really smart guy.

If York gives Lynch the same leeway that Elway has, I would expect similar results.

You're assuming Lynch is as savvy as Elway.
That remains to be seen.

I'm not saying Lynch isn't. I'm saying we don't know yet.

Also, Elway had been a team owner for 6 years and had built business worth $100 mil. There is nothing on Lynch's resume to suggest he is ready to be GM. This looks like window dressing on KS being HC & GM.

Newton was inconsistent, possibly due to injury, but he gets my vote over anyone else we trotted over to the right this season.
And you needn't worry about him any more - my money is on him being done as a Texan.

Also, Elway had been a team owner for 6 years and had built business worth $100 mil. There is nothing on Lynch's resume to suggest he is ready to be GM. This looks like window dressing on KS being HC & GM.

Didn't Lynch take the Matt Millen track to GM?

Jimmy G might be gone:

Several NFL sources I've spoken to over the last week expect Jimmy Garoppolo to wind up with the #Browns

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/827608709396361221
I wouldn't count out Chicago (close to home and Kyle Shanahan - East Ill. connection) and 49er's - also with a high draft position.
Pats have a golden goose in Brady - keep him around another three years and draft another QB or two to groom, keep winning Super Bowls and still have top of the draft picks.

Bandon brooks took off for the money ... Smith and Myers were had the foot out the door to retirement

and Ben jones I guess they felt he wasnot worth it besides they have a center in Waiting since the red shirted the Center we drafted

I'd think they would have people who aren't involved in the Super Bowl game plan that are available to have preliminary talks with teams about trades. I doubt anything significant is happening though.

Exactly. A great team is going to stay ahead of the curve or even create the curve and you can't do that without looking to the future.

It'd be like if teams didn't have scouts looking at college players throughout the season. Pretty sure the pats and falcons have guys focusing on the off season, draft and college players even though they are about to play in the Super Bowl.

Exactly. A great team is going to stay ahead of the curve or even create the curve and you can't do that without looking to the future.

It'd be like if teams didn't have scouts looking at college players throughout the season. Pretty sure the pats and falcons have guys focusing on the off season, draft and college players even though they are about to play in the Super Bowl.

They even have pro scouts keeping track of upcoming FAs.

I'm sure they had someone at the Senior Bowl, the Pro Bowl, & someone to bump into someone's agent coincidentally.

I'd think they would have people who aren't involved in the Super Bowl game plan that are available to have preliminary talks with teams about trades. I doubt anything significant is happening though.

I'm sure they do. But, we all know who makes the final decision on personnel for the Pats.... and he's a little busy right now! :shades:

Tyrod Taylor would be intriguing but I don't think he fits what OB wants to do

Not for or against...

Just spit balling since finding a qb to win with seems to be a challenge.

They definitely can't leave any stone unturned.

Back