Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

We suck...

Come on now Dallas did it wrong for years, let's not pretend Jerry Jones is all mighty. He finally got it right, McNair hasn't had near the time Jones has had.

Still counting chickens before they're hatched.. Dallas went 12-4 a few years ago, looked pretty good doing it. But once they got in the play offs... nada. Paper Tiger.

Last year, that OL got two QBs out for the season & the run game did not help Brandon Weeden (who finished off Indy in Indy & won a game here) to a win.

I've got a strange feeling if you put Ezekiel Elliot behind any middling offensive line, they'd look like wonderful draft picks.

I know its foreign around here with the way folks react to bad losses, but a blowout loss still counts the same as a close loss. Ask Tennessee how much it still hurts to know they lost a SB by 1 yd.

Why is that even relevant? People analyze games to determine how close the team is from being one of the better teams in the league, a team that actually has a shot to win a title.

Looking at losses and wins as absolutes on a standings page is lazy, at best. C'mon, you know this.

Yeah, the paper tiger won its 1st game and then lost to Green Bay by less than a score.

& a few years before that it was a muffled FG attempt.

I'm happy for Cowboy fans. really. They're fun to watch. at the moment they're relevant.

bur what really matters, winning & losing, Dallas hasn't shown themselves to be any better at it than we've shown. remember, I replied to a post saying "Jerry finally got it right." all I'm saying is they still haven't done anything.

as contrarian as that may be... it's fact.

Why is that even relevant? People analyze games to determine how close the team is from being one of the better teams in the league, a team that actually has a shot to win a title.

Looking at losses and wins as absolutes on a standings page is lazy, at best. C'mon, you know this.

kinda like Minnesota. started off 5-0, looked like they were going to be one of those teams, then the wheels fell off.

Well...............................apart from it simply being a damn fact & that there are usually only 2-3 teams every single year that truly have a shot............. most of which are pretty much identified before there's even 1 game played............... & the fact that there are also much more viable ways both statistically and otherwise to do what you're suggesting...I think it's wholeheartedly relevant. Honestly your approach of trying to gauge whether a team is a contender or not based on blowout margins of defeat is more of the lazy approach.

That is how the league looks at it, though, and it is what gets you to the next round.

Every year we have contenders and pretenders. We also have those that get out the gates really fast ( Chargers usually and now the Vikings) just to crumble either right before the halfway mark or during the 2nd half of the season.

Even though we all know we're just a mediocrity team at best......but we have a track record of turning it on in the 2nd half of the season. Hopefully we are able to make some real noise when it counts and that's in the playoff's. It would be extremely exciting to see our Texans in the Super bowl that will be held right here in Houston.

Last edited:
It would extremely exciting to see our Texans in the Super bowl that will be held right here in Houston.
My initial reaction was to say that it would also be extremely exciting to see a unicorn being chased by Bigfoot. But then I started thinking about what our realistic odds are and prior to Tuesday I would have said that they're about the same as Donald's - so who the hell knows?

My initial reaction was to say that it would also be extremely exciting to see a unicorn being chased by Bigfoot. But then I started thinking about what our realistic odds are and prior to Tuesday I would have said that they're about the same as Donald's - so who the hell knows?
Don't dismiss our chances.
LeBron brought a championship to Cleveland
The Cubbies won the World Series
Now a reality TV personality has been elected PotUS over a seasoned politician

you may well see Bigfoot chasing a unicorn this year (or vice versa, the Unicorn is armed :D)
or SteelB actually say something nice about Rick Smith
...too far? :)

kinda like Minnesota. started off 5-0, looked like they were going to be one of those teams, then the wheels fell off.
Were the wheels ever really on? Their offense has been about as bad as the Texans. They've benefitting from one of the best turnover ratios in the game, a defense that takes the ball away and gives the offense short fields. That makes a difference.

All of that goes to someone's point that just looking at the standings doesn't say a lot about what your football team is really about.

The Vikings and Texans have the same record. They're obviously not playing the same kind of football.

Were the wheels ever really on? Their offense has been about as bad as the Texans. They've benefitting from one of the best turnover ratios in the game, a defense that takes the ball away and gives the offense short fields. That makes a difference.

All of that goes to someone's point that just looking at the standings doesn't say a lot about what your football team is really about.

The Vikings and Texans have the same record. They're obviously not playing the same kind of football.

Generally, i agree with steelb about rick - but maybe for different reasons. Rick is an accountant, a manager, a glorified talent evaluator, and the hand of Mcnair. Nothing less explains his longevity. For every one who hates rick, it maybe time to hate Mcnair. Rick is his translator.

As for speedy's post above, win/loss records as well as stats are only a symptom and not a cause. The devil is in the details.

Teams like Ne have shown the league how to beat us schematically. That happens to every team 1-2 times per year.comming off a bye week i hope we've fixed that. This game is about far more then "our talent vs your talent."

Sure you can you just have to keep in mind that very few teams are as good as their best victory and as bad as their worst loss. Minny dropped us by 27 points & it wasn't even that close...but then we turn around and beat Detroit and they lose to that same team the week after that.

Generally, i agree with steelb about rick - but maybe for different reasons. Rick is an accountant, a manager, a glorified talent evaluator, and the hand of Mcnair. Nothing less explains his longevity. For every one who hates rick, it maybe time to hate Mcnair. Rick is his translator.

As for speedy's post above, win/loss records as well as stats are only a symptom and not a cause. The devil is in the details.

Teams like Ne have shown the league how to beat us schematically. That happens to every team 1-2 times per year.comming off a bye week i hope we've fixed that. This game is about far more then "our talent vs your talent."

Now how did Rick and McNair get dragged into this. lol

Don't dismiss our chances.
LeBron brought a championship to Cleveland
The Cubbies won the World Series
Now a reality TV personality has been elected PotUS over a seasoned politician

you may well see Bigfoot chasing a unicorn this year (or vice versa, the Unicorn is armed :D)
or SteelB actually say something nice about Rick Smith
...too far? :)
[/QUOTE I am hoping more that Santa Claus brings me a pretty girl friend with a good job...
:bubbles:

Besides the pick 6 and the fumble recovery by Mercilus, our defense played like absolute trash. Brock played well and had no interceptions. What the heck do y'all want from the guy? He managed the game well...

Besides the pick 6 and the fumble recovery by Mercilus, our defense played like absolute trash. Brock played well and had no interceptions. What the heck do y'all want from the guy? He managed the game well...

He threw for 99 yards. There's managing and there's winning despite. We win despite our QB.

---

Speaking of total suckage, we need a kicker in the worst way. We need to put up a Craigslist ad or something. Novak is awful. I find it hard to believe that not a single person is better than Novak.

Last edited:
Is this a joke? I sure hope it is. Throwing for less than 100 yards and looking inaccurate as hell is inexcusable and it can in no way be glossed over. Just wow.

Reactions: ROO
He threw for 99 yards. There's managing and there's winning despite. We win despite our QB.

---

Speaking of total suckage, we need a kicker in the worst way. We need to put up a Craigslist add or something. Novak is awful. I find it hard to believe that not a single person is better than Novak.

He had a nice little 9 made FG's made before this game. LOL

200_s.gif

I mean........

200_s.gif

images

If you think Brock had a good game because he didn't throw a interception.

99 yards is not good. HOWEVER, he did throw 2 touchdowns and no interceptions. Do we have to look good with our wins? I know it's crap to watch but I would take 6-3 with ugly football over 3-6/4-5 with beautiful football *Panthers, Saints, Chargers, Bengals, Packers*. Do I think we have a chance for the title right now? Nope. Is the Super Bowl next week? No? Well then, that changes things.

Brock played well and had no interceptions. What the heck do y'all want from the guy?

If you guys want to keep defending this guy, have at it and enjoy.

52% completions, a whopping 99 yards and an even better 3.6 yards per attempt. Some of the worst QB play I've seen since the original #8. And he's not making any progress. What the heck do I want from the guy? How about not shoveling that hot garbage every time he takes the damn field?

I'm glad the Texans won. At the end of the day, that's all that matters. The team got it done. Big ST return, big run by Miller, set up 2 easy TDs. The other was a defensive TD which without they would have lost the game. So yeah, great team win.

I think, with the team we have, the running game is our best friend. If we can continue to consistently get yards on the ground and let Brock be a game manager we can continue to win as long as our defense is up to the challenge. Hopefully Brock can figure things out along the way. He threw two TDs and no interceptions and made the completion to Hopkins when we needed it to seal the win. Total yards and completion percentage were abysmal, but he did what we needed him to do to win the game. It wasn't pretty, but I think it is an improvement. I have my doubts, like most of you, that Brock is the answer at QB, but he is what we got and, for me, the jury is still out on him.

---

Speaking of total suckage, we need a kicker in the worst way. We need to put up a Craigslist ad or something. Novak is awful. I find it hard to believe that not a single person is better than Novak.
That's not the way it works. If a team loses, the QB takes the blame - if the team wins, the QB must take the credit.
At the very least, he should not get canned.

Last edited:
If you think Brock had a good game because he didn't throw a interception.

I don't think Brock had a good game. I don't think Novak had a good game. I don't think the defense had a good day.

but none of them cost us the game. All of them made plays when needed to help win.

I don't think we should ignore Brock's overall performance. he sucked.

but we were better in the red zone & he didn't throw an interception. that's not to say his arrow is pointing up. He sucked. just like Novak sucked & Kareem & Jjo & Mercilus & Clowney & several others sucked.

but I appreciated the plays all those guys made when they made plays. we need another kicker. I think we can start a new kicker next week & not affect too much of what's going on.

i don't think we'd suffer much if we start Savage. But I'd be surprised if a QB change is made when we're 6-3.

That's not the way it works. If a team loses, the QB takes the blame - if the team wins, the QB must take the credit.
At the very least, he should not get canned.

Literally the same pile of crap Titans fans would say to defend VY.

Literally the same pile of crap Titans fans would say to defend VY.
Look, I'm as unimpressed with his performances throwing the ball as the next guy, but he does have the knack of bigtime throws in tight situations and has not directly lost us any games.
I have said all along he is suffering from low confidence and pocket jitters.
I'm hopeful more time will settle him down.

BET THE HOUSE!!
Second and 10 will be a run.

It's the easiest call to defend. I would love to be a DC and face the Texans. Dumbass coach doesn't even know he can take a knee to end the game. Absolute joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Look, I'm as unimpressed with his performances throwing the ball as the next guy, but he does have the knack of bigtime throws in tight situations and has not directly lost us any games.

His suckage the whole game is why he is having to make them last minute situation throws..... dude sucks.

How can you say he is not directly responsible for any of our losses? He was impotent in all 3 of those losses and threw for a whole 1 TD in those games. I am not saying he is going to be a bad QB forever but his season, so far, has been really bad.

We played old school football. Run, run, run and pass only when you can't run (and then sometimes run anyway).
Brock himself ran and picked up two first downs. But, it doesn't matter because he didn't throw for 500 yards and only threw two touchdown passes instead of eight of them. So, that automatically denies him any credit for the win as he didn't contribute enough. (According to some TexansTalk posters.)

I don't think Brock had a good game. I don't think Novak had a good game. I don't think the defense had a good day.

but none of them cost us the game. All of them made plays when needed to help win.

I don't think we should ignore Brock's overall performance. he sucked.

but we were better in the red zone & he didn't throw an interception. that's not to say his arrow is pointing up. He sucked. just like Novak sucked & Kareem & Jjo & Mercilus & Clowney & several others sucked.

but I appreciated the plays all those guys made when they made plays. we need another kicker. I think we can start a new kicker next week & not affect too much of what's going on.

i don't think we'd suffer much if we start Savage. But I'd be surprised if a QB change is made when we're 6-3.

Bottom line is he sucked. I'm glad he didn't turn the ball over. I'm extremely happy he did what a quarterback suppose to do in the red zone Thunder. But 96 yards is a big Ish wow. I never in my 40 years of existence seen a professional quarterback playing the entire game, only throw for 90+ yards.

Yes we had some other players stinking up the joint. Kareem Jackson was atrocious.

But Dangler clearly said Brock had a good game And big timer that's far from the truth.

I wasn't even charging him up like that either. I was really jiving at him with the gifs.

Back