Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

We suck...

I don't make it a habit of defending Bill O'Brien, I'm not a fan.

Look, we can win the next six games for all we know. Then this board is going to be talking about Super Bowl, applauding McNair's team building acumen, & voting players to the pro bowl.

But we lose that seventh game & we'll be bringing up David Carr again, wanting to fire everyone & run McNair out of town.
LoL... you have a point there. It's what we do.
We're called FANatics for a reason.

I don't make it a habit of defending Bill O'Brien, I'm not a fan.

Look, we can win the next six games for all we know. Then this board is going to be talking about Super Bowl, applauding McNair's team building acumen, & voting players to the pro bowl.

But we lose that seventh game & we'll be bringing up David Carr again, wanting to fire everyone & run McNair out of town.
I hear you in regards to the fairweather nature of many of our fans. I see it on other forums and by fans of others teams who are like our team, more times than not below average to average at best. It should be expected.

If we do go on a long winning streak and things turn around I will be happy to eat crow and give credit to coach O'Brien and his staff.

However a lot of the problems we have seen with this team are carry over problems we've had from the moment coach O'Brien took over this team.

Fair or not, that ineptitude falls back on coach O'Brien and then onto whatever quarterback is messing up.

We are at a point now that if I were owner I would put coach O'Brien on alert and let him know the team had better see marked improvement or someone else will take his job and maybe some of his staff will be unemployed as well. Not to exclude Rick Smith if a new coaching staff came to prove that the team lacks enough talent.

Rick Smith threw Gary under the bus? Lol!

What was he supposed to do, resign and ask Mcnair to keep Gary instead since Gary coached the worst team in football with the players that Gary told Rick to draft?
I agree.
I don't think anybody was throwing anybody under the bus.

Rick Smith has been lacking in bringing in the right players though, draft and FA, especially on the defensive side, where Kubiak needs the most (and checking out injuries and characters, etc.)

I hear you in regards to the fairweather nature of many of our fans. I see it on other forums and by fans of others teams who are like our team, more times than not below average to average at best. It should be expected.

If we do go on a long winning streak and things turn around I will be happy to eat crow and give credit to coach O'Brien and his staff.

However a lot of the problems we have seen with this team are carry over problems we've had from the moment coach O'Brien took over this team.

Fair or not, that ineptitude falls back on coach O'Brien and then onto whatever quarterback is messing up.

We are at a point now that if I were owner I would put coach O'Brien on alert and let him know the team had better see marked improvement or someone else will take his job and maybe some of his staff will be unemployed as well. Not to exclude Rick Smith if a new coaching staff came to prove that the team lacks enough talent.

You guys lacked perspective from the get go which is why you're all ready to grab your pitchforks and storm the castle 6 games into the season. we aren't close to the bolded at all imo. This maybe the 1st year that BoB doesn't get his team to play up to or above its talent level like he has in his 2 previous years. & in that case, he should have at least a little leeway in trying to right the ship for at least 1 more year..

I'm as much of a fan of this team as any other on this forum...my game room is painted with Texans colors & has a Texans theme......I wear Texans gear out & get endless ridicule from friends of mine every time they **** the bed. Having said that, in no way do I think that BoB should be on the hot seat b/c his offense consisting of a new qb, rb & wr with countless other interchanged faces out on the o-line isn't performing the way that some of the fans think it should be if for no other reason than Kubiak getting 5 years to get his defense right before the seat even got warm for him.

Am I disappointed in how this team has played thus far? Hell yes, but I expected this b/c I had the right perspective from the jump..and so in my mind, its hard to really get worked up about it.

You guys lacked perspective from the get go which is why you're all ready to grab your pitchforks and storm the castle 6 games into the season. we aren't close to the bolded at all imo. This maybe the 1st year that BoB doesn't get his team to play up to or above its talent level like he has in his 2 previous years. & in that case, he should have at least a little leeway in trying to right the ship for at least 1 more year..

I'm as much of a fan of this team as any other on this forum...my game room is painted with Texans colors & has a Texans theme......I wear Texans gear out & get endless ridicule from friends of mine every time they **** the bed. Having said that, in no way do I think that BoB should be on the hot seat b/c his offense consisting of a new qb, rb & wr with countless other interchanged faces out on the o-line isn't performing the way that some of the fans think it should be if for no other reason than Kubiak getting 5 years to get his defense right before the seat even got warm for him.

Am I disappointed in how this team has played thus far? Hell yes, but I expected this b/c I had the right perspective from the jump..and so in my mind, its hard to really get worked up about it.

Well said, man.

Anyone that thinks O'Brien is on any kind of "hot seat" after back-to-back 9-7 seasons (and a playoff appearance, no matter how bad they played) and 4-3 at this point is just delusional.

Anyone with any sense of understanding how McNair's brain works the past 15 years knows that O'Brien's job is as safe right now as it could ever be. He's probably the most patient owner in the NFL outside of Mike Brown, the Bengals owner.

Good for you.
But I've a wanting to fire O'Brien (and McNairs and Smith) since last year.

But I'm not worked up about it.
Just watching the comedy is all. haha

Good for you.
But I've a wanting to fire O'Brien (and McNairs and Smith) since last year.

I don't care who the coach is. He can hire Mike Singletary to be head coach with Belichick-like control... as long as he wins.

That said, I don't care for all the "O'b is so much better than..."

O'b hasn't done anything Kubiak hasn't & there are still a few things Kubiak's done that O'b hasn't.

Not that I think Kubiak is great, regardless of the Super Bowl (good for him). But it is what it is. This team isn't mentally tougher. We've yet to win a playoff game under O'b, We haven't lead the league in passing, rushing, or had the league passing leader, rushing leader, or receiving leader.

I haven't seen any 4th round stud TEs around here, haven't seen any UDFA go to the probowl (though Mancz & Bouye might get it done).

I like that O'b has finished really strong over the last 10 games of his first two seasons... really hope he keeps that up.

Anyway... :fans:

I don't care who the coach is. He can hire Mike Singletary to be head coach with Belichick-like control... as long as he wins.

That said, I don't care for all the "O'b is so much better than..."

O'b hasn't done anything Kubiak hasn't & there are still a few things Kubiak's done that O'b hasn't.

Not that I think Kubiak is great, regardless of the Super Bowl (good for him). But it is what it is. This team isn't mentally tougher. We've yet to win a playoff game under O'b, We haven't lead the league in passing, rushing, or had the league passing leader, rushing leader, or receiving leader.

I haven't seen any 4th round stud TEs around here, haven't seen any UDFA go to the probowl (though Mancz & Bouye might get it done).

I like that O'b has finished really strong over the last 10 games of his first two seasons... really hope he keeps that up.

Anyway... :fans:

Bob's teams over the last 2 years have shown to be more mentally tougher than any of Kubiak's 8 teams...

How many times did we enter critical stretches in our schedule needing to win a certain number of games only to come up short in the kubiak era? Too many times to count.

By contrast, we've seemingly turned it up a notch in those times under BoB and rebounded well after some pretty pitiful performances...ATL and MIA last year as an example.

Im not saying that BoB should be given unlimited rope, but to this point in his tenure here, he should be given more leeway than some of you guys want to give him.

Bob's teams over the last 2 years have shown to be more mentally tougher than any of Kubiak's 8 teams...

How many times did we enter critical stretches in our schedule needing to win a certain number of games only to come up short in the kubiak era? Too many times to count.

:ok:

New England, Minnesota, Denver... felt like Kubiak was still here. all three teams, no reason to believe they'll break 20 points unless their defenses score. Their defenses didn't score. We commit penalties on 3rd & 21...

these guys are still soft.

I love them, but they're soft.

I know I started this we suck thread but let me say a few things !

I love this team, not for the owners or the players but for what it represents for me. As some of you know my father committed suicide in 2005. Me and him used to watch all the games together. I keep him alive through the Texans. Win, lose or tie this is our team and nothing gets me more excited than Texans Gameday.

So yes we or the QB we have does suck, but this is still my team and I wear their colors and logo proudly !

Good response. However I find that the offense seemed to have more flow and was getting better with George Godsey who himself was gaining experience. I find it was wrong of coach BOB to take over play calling duties so soon from a team offense that was not all that bad two games in.

I am with you in seeing how things go going forward but at the same time as I said previously, I would like to see signs of improvement instead of regression. All I have seen of the offense is regression since coach BOB took over play calling duties.

Also I don't buy into the fact that we have a weak defensive line so it bothers me when our defensive line gets pushed around in the run game and more times than not, "outside of Whitley Mercilus," can't generate a pass rush even against weak offensive lines like Indianapolis's. So I find the coaches need to put on the spot in that regard as well.

I am not saying fire BOB now but BoB needs to be held accountable in some way if the season goes as the last 4 games for sure have gone. A bit of heat on the head coach and his staff can't be bad.

This team has talent. Yes I realize that there are plenty of Rick Smith haters but I think we are better talent wise than the showing of our team in the last 5 weeks.

Brock would be demoted if this team didn't have so much invested in him. However I doubt it makes a huge difference who we start at quarterback. We would still have coach O'Brien in control of the offense. Of coarse the other quarterbacks would do more because I doubt they would get so panicked and rushed when a defender is within four or five steps of them.

If this season falls apart I think we really need to evaluate fairly the job of our head coach and all our coaches and determine fairly whether they keep their jobs.

As of now this team will be lucky to finish the season with a 500 record.

Time to get coach O'Briens attention in regards to the job he is doing so far.

Where have I read this before?

Then I look at the OL and know there is another Rick there's another Rick apologist.

I think BOB has done a below avg job this yr. But the root of all of the problems Capers/Kubiak and now BOB truly lay at the feet of the McNair's/Smith. Another new HC isn't going to solve the core issues within the Texans org.

Good response. However I find that the offense seemed to have more flow and was getting better with George Godsey who himself was gaining experience. I find it was wrong of coach BOB to take over play calling duties so soon from a team offense that was not all that bad two games in.

I am with you in seeing how things go going forward but at the same time as I said previously, I would like to see signs of improvement instead of regression. All I have seen of the offense is regression since coach BOB took over play calling duties.

Also I don't buy into the fact that we have a weak defensive line so it bothers me when our defensive line gets pushed around in the run game and more times than not, "outside of Whitley Mercilus," can't generate a pass rush even against weak offensive lines like Indianapolis's. So I find the coaches need to put on the spot in that regard as well.

I am not saying fire BOB now but BoB needs to be held accountable in some way if the season goes as the last 4 games for sure have gone. A bit of heat on the head coach and his staff can't be bad.

Since BOB's job is on the line I dont blame him for taking over play calling duties. The offense this yr has only regressed against great defenses. New England/Minny/Broncos are the top defenses in the league. They looked better against the Tacks/Bears/Colts of the world. Most of the problems are talent related. (Minus the Pats game which was totally on the coaching staff.)

By contrast, we've seemingly turned it up a notch in those times under BoB and rebounded well after some pretty pitiful performances...ATL and MIA last year as an example.

Im not saying that BoB should be given unlimited rope, but to this point in his tenure here, he should be given more leeway than some of you guys want to give him.
Funny how O'Brien ended up with a winning records.

I guess we'll see another QB that will get the Texans there.

So which QB you think will drop off the Pear tree this year? :kitten::ahhaha:

:ok:

New England, Minnesota, Denver... felt like Kubiak was still here. all three teams, no reason to believe they'll break 20 points unless their defenses score. Their defenses didn't score. We commit penalties on 3rd & 21...

these guys are still soft.

I love them, but they're soft.

If by soft you mean the OL/DL isn't very talented and doesn't match up well against the best defenses, then you are correct sir. Atleast the DL has an excuse losing Watt.

Funny how O'Brien ended up with a winning records.

I guess we'll see another QB that will get the Texans there.

So which QB you think will drop off the Pear tree this year? :kitten::ahhaha:

Hopefully Jimmy G, who should've been drafted by the Texans in the 1st place if the McNair's/Smith had any idea of what they were doing. They mistakenly thought Jimmy G would fall to them in the 3rd rd.

Good news is they seemed to have learned from that debacle by trading up for the likes of Strong/Martin etc...

Where have I read this before?

Then I look at the OL and know there is another Rick there's another Rick apologist.

We just had two rushers avg 5.6 ypc against the Broncos. One of them was Alfred Blue.

Alfred Blue.

We've got a QB who can't get out of his way get through the game with zero sacks. This is a guy who's run into at least one sack in every other game he'said played this year.

Von Miller was held in check by our swing tackle. Von Miller, Derrick Wolfe, Shane Ray... zero sacks.

Rick apologists.... right..... :ok:

We just had two rushers avg 5.6 ypc against the Broncos. One of them was Alfred Blue.

Alfred Blue.

We've got a QB who can't get out of his way get through the game with zero sacks. This is a guy who's run into at least one sack in every other game he'said played this year.

Von Miller was held in check by our swing tackle. Von Miller, Derrick Wolfe, Shane Ray... zero sacks.

This post belongs in the "Say Something Positive" thread.
No, really.

Since BOB's job is on the line I dont blame him for taking over play calling duties. The offense this yr has only regressed against great defenses. New England/Minny/Broncos are the top defenses in the league. They looked better against the Tacks/Bears/Colts of the world. Most of the problems are talent related. (Minus the Pats game which was totally on the coaching staff.)
I do not buy the talent deficiency nonsense. I think the talent is there and on certain occassions it has showed to be plenty good enough. The Cheifs from top to bottom are far from pushovers and the Bengals who we beat last season are also above average

My problem with coach BOB and to a lesser extent coach RC is that they have been unable to counter other teams adjustments. It has been obvious from my perspective.

Time will tell if I am right but I do not think coach BOB is the one who should call the offensive play calls. Give it till Thanksgiving and if things change for the better for our team and especially the offense I will gladly eat crow with my turkey on the holiday.

Last edited:

Alfred Blue.

Exactly. The teams struggles to me obviously fall first and foremost on coach BOB and not far behind on Qb BO.

I know the struggles are not from a lack of talent.

In my opinion even if we made a change at the Qb position I do not see a drastic difference on our offense. Not atleast or until coach BOB calls plays on offense a whole lot better and our wide outs get more than 5 yard passes downfield.

As far as Brock goes, he doesn't do well once he has been hit. He then plays nervous and afraid of taking hits. He had more than enough time the last two weeks and he plays panicked and rushed way too often. If he is too scared, perhaps he should quit now and do something less scary that he enjoys.

I finally figured out who Texian is.........

He was part of the Consortium to bring football back to LA when we were awarded the franchise and is still butt-hurt over it!
Your tiny brain can't handle legit criticism of this pathetic franchise. People like you enable McNair to continue to torment this city with mediocre football. The fact is that if Texian was in charge of the Texans, we would be a legit contender. He would hire real GMs like Eric DeCosta or Eliot Wolf and a real coach. Your tiny brain doesn't get it.

Last edited:
Your tiny brain can't handle legit criticism of this pathetic franchise. People like you enable McNair to continue to torment this city with mediocre football. The fact is that if Texian was in charge of the Texans, we would be a legit contender. He would hire real GMs like Eric DeCosta or Eliot Wof and a real coach. Your tiny brain doesn't get it.

My tiny brain can handle criticism of this team, I criticize them all the time.

What my tiny brain doesn't deal with is people that relish in the missteps and downfall of the Texans.

It would be one thing if Texian was an actual fan of this team.....but he is not.

He's been on here over 10 years and he's never said anything that supports this team, only his opinion of the way he thinks it should be done and everyone else is an idiot.

And on the subject of tiny......

Mine is still bigger.

Your tiny brain can't handle legit criticism of this pathetic franchise. People like you enable McNair to continue to torment this city with mediocre football. The fact is that if Texian was in charge of the Texans, we would be a legit contender. He would hire real GMs like Eric DeCosta or Eliot Wolf and a real coach. Your tiny brain doesn't get it.

funny how we can say stupid sht we know will never happen & pretend the results would be different.

First, for all we know DeCosta & Wolf may have laughed uncontrollably when McNair asked if they'd be interested in coming to Houston. It's possible McNair has seen them, or heard of something about them that makes him think they are unsuitable for his organization. It may also be possible that they were on the list & he preferred to work with Smith. there's probably a reason they aren't running an NFL franchise right now.

Second, like Belichick disciples, it's possible Wolf & DeCosta can't function in the lead role. if they were to stumble, would Texian help them get better, or would he fire them? Would he mettle? I bet he would, especially if he feels so strongly about Wolf's ability.

Lastly, unless they pick the right coach, who then picks the right staff, & they hit on the majority of their player aquisitions & those players respond to said coaches, schemes, & teammates... chances are it will take several years for plan A to play out enough before a move like firing a coach is warranted, even longer for a GM.

otherwise the majority of NFL franchises wouldn't have decades between super bowl appearances, if they have any.

funny how we can say stupid sht we know will never happen & pretend the results would be different.

First, for all we know DeCosta & Wolf may have laughed uncontrollably when McNair asked if they'd be interested in coming to Houston. It's possible McNair has seen them, or heard of something about them that makes him think they are unsuitable for his organization. It may also be possible that they were on the list & he preferred to work with Smith. there's probably a reason they aren't running an NFL franchise right now.

Second, like Belichick disciples, it's possible Wolf & DeCosta can't function in the lead role. if they were to stumble, would Texian help them get better, or would he fire them? Would he mettle? I bet he would, especially if he feels so strongly about Wolf's ability.

Lastly, unless they pick the right coach, who then picks the right staff, & they hit on the majority of their player aquisitions & those players respond to said coaches, schemes, & teammates... chances are it will take several years for plan A to play out enough before a move like firing a coach is warranted, even longer for a GM.

otherwise the majority of NFL franchises wouldn't have decades between super bowl appearances, if they have any.
The Texans organization and football operations are a gigantic failure. This can't be disputed. Both Wolf and DeCosta have excellent pedigrees. We know what Rick Smith can do - mediocre results with poor mid round drafting, lack of quality depth and cap hell. McNair is an idiot for extending the contract and continuing to employ Rick as his GM. His tenure has been a complete and utter failure. Texans fans are starving for change. I would rather have Texian in charge of Texans operations any day of the week over the clown show we have now.

The Texans organization and football operations are a gigantic failure. This can't be disputed. Both Wolf and DeCosta have excellent pedigrees. We know what Rick Smith can do - mediocre results with poor mid round drafting, lack of quality depth and cap hell. McNair is an idiot for extending the contract and continuing to employ Rick as his GM. His tenure has been a complete and utter failure. Texans fans are starving for change. I would rather have Texian in charge of Texans operations any day of the week over the clown show we have now.

You miss my point. at no time did I argue that Rick should still be here.

but to that point, did you look at the available cap space for the Packers, Texans, & Ravens over the next three years?

I guess you have a list of Packer & Raven mid-round studs you hope to nab if they ever hit the market. you know, that exceptional depth they've accumulated... what's Eddie Lacey tipping the scale at nowadays? How's Terence West doing filling in for the RB they lost two years ago? who did they replace Bolden & Torry Smith with? & who's the stud that replaced RayRay... the last four years? & who's rushing the passer opposite T-sizzle? did they ever replace Ngata?

First you don't ever have to worry about DeCosta and Wolf becoming the GM and VP of Football Operations of the Houston Texans. Bob McNair is not going to relinquish his position as GM. Yes there is a reason why they're not currently running an NFL Franchise and that is because they both are in unique positions to become the GM and VP of Football Operations of two respective franchises that DO NOT have Meddling Owners interfering. For all practical purposes they will run the show just like Ozzie Newsome and Ted Thompson do, without any Owner interference.

If by chance DeCosta and Wolf have ever been contacted by the McNair's about becoming the Texans GM (like they have with many other franchises) I'd bet heavily their answer was Thanks but No Thanks (like they have with many other franchises). Unlike Belichick assistants who are trained to be just analyst and NOT GMs (and why they ALL FAIL), DeCosta and Wolf have been training under some of the best GMs to be GMs. There is a reason that DeCosta is the highest paid Assistant GM in the NFL. Wolf's father is a Hall of Fame GM for goodness sake.

Rule #1 for all perspective GMs; Never ever agree to go to work for owner who is active in the day to day operations of the football team UNLESS you want to ruin your career and are willing to sell your soul to the devil (or a much bigger GTD paycheck :)). As for Rick Smith he is the perfect ASSISTANT ASSISTANT GM to Cal McNair who is the ASSISTANT GM to Bob McNair the GM.

No I would not mettle. I understand the principle that if you want to be successful and your organization to be GREAT you hire people who are much smarter than you. Then you get the heck out of their way and let them do what they do best. There are about a handful of owners who understand this principle. Unfortunately the Houston Texans owner is not one of them. (I think that he actually does but his ego gets in his way)

Question: who is the person in charge in this picture?

Houston-war-room[1].png

Last edited:
First you don't ever have to worry about DeCosta and Wolf becoming the GM and VP of Football Operations of the Houston Texans. Bob McNair is not going to relinquish his position as GM. Yes there is a reason why they're not currently running an NFL Franchise and that is because they both are in unique positions to become the GM and VP of Football Operations of two respective franchises that DO NOT have Meddling Owners interfering. For all practical purposes they will run the show just like Ozzie Newsome and Ted Thompson do, without any Owner interference.

If by chance DeCosta and Wolf have ever been contacted by the McNair's about becoming the Texans GM (like they have with many other franchises) I'd bet heavily their answer was Thanks but No Thanks (like they have with many other franchises). Unlike Belichick assistants who are trained to be analyst and NOT GMs, DeCosta and Wolf have been training under some of the best GMs to be GMs. Wolf's father is a Hall of Fame GM for goodness sake.

Rule #1 for all perspective GMs; Never ever agree to go to work for owner who is active in the day to day operations of the football team UNLESS you want to ruin your career and are willing to sell your soul to the devil. As for Rick Smith he is the perfect ASSISTANT ASSISTANT GM to Cal McNair who is the ASSISTANT GM to Bob McNair the GM.

No I would not mettle. I understand the principle that if you want to be successful and your organization to be GREAT you hire people who are much smarter than you and then you get the heck out of their way and let them do what they do best. There are about a handful of owners who understand this principle. Unfortunately the Houston Texans owner is not one of them. (I think that he actually does but his ego gets in his way)

Question: who is the person in charge in this picture?

View attachment 1097

Lol

How can you tell anything from a picture let alone (ass)ertain anything from it.

2.png
[/IMG] 2.gif
This is my best guess. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I do not buy the talent deficiency nonsense. I think the talent is there and on certain occassions it has showed to be plenty good enough. The Cheifs from top to bottom are far from pushovers and the Bengals who we beat last season are also above average

My problem with coach BOB and to a lesser extent coach RC is that they have been unable to counter other teams adjustments. It has been obvious from my perspective.

Time will tell if I am right but I do not think coach BOB is the one who should call the offensive play calls. Give it till Thanksgiving and if things change for the better for our team and especially the offense I will gladly eat crow with my turkey on the holiday.

We will have to agree to dis agree.

I wouldn't expect much to change since this team has a talent deficiency on the OL/DL.

Alfred Blue.

Nice of you to show a bunch of hollow stats again. I was there and the Broncos were controlling both sides of the LOS. The fact that Brock was too scared to challenge the Broncos defense certainly didn't help things.

With that said, The team was still in the game until Blue (Who shouldn't be on the team) fumbled. (Not surprising)

If by chance DeCosta and Wolf have ever been contacted by the McNair's about becoming the Texans GM (like they have with many other franchises) I'd bet heavily their answer was Thanks but No Thanks (like they have with many other franchises).

first thing I said... well I said they'd laugh uncontrollably. same effect.

No I would not mettle.

If you hired Wolf & his team isn't winning after three years, you wouldn't mettle?

I expect you to answer, "The team will be winning after three years. Wolf's father was a HOF GM for goodness sake. I wouldn't have to mettle."

but the fact is you "know" Wolf isn't leaving Green Bay. you just told us he's turned down several offers, undoubtedly from better teams than ours.

so the, "McNair should hire Wolf or DeCosta & get out of the way." argument should be put to bed. we "know" neither are willing to leave their safe little nooks.

Nice of you to show a bunch of hollow stats again. I was there and the Broncos were controlling both sides of the LOS. The fact that Brock was too scared to challenge the Broncos defense certainly didn't help things.

were the Broncos DL blocking for Alfred Blue? 'cause they weren't sacking Brock Osweiler.

first thing I said... well I said they'd laugh uncontrollably. same effect.

If you hired Wolf & his team isn't winning after three years, you wouldn't mettle?

I expect you to answer, "The team will be winning after three years. Wolf's father was a HOF GM for goodness sake. I wouldn't have to mettle."

but the fact is you "know" Wolf isn't leaving Green Bay. you just told us he's turned down several offers, undoubtedly from better teams than ours.

so the, "McNair should hire Wolf or DeCosta & get out of the way." argument should be put to bed. we "know" neither are willing to leave their safe little nooks.

I think both could be persuaded to leave their respective positions but only for the right deal/situation, that includes a long term high paying guaranteed contract and an owner who has proven that they will stay out of the way and will not meddle in football team operations.

Now you're just babbling and carrying on about crap that is never going to happen. This is also known as a BIG waste of time.

Last edited:
We will have to agree to dis agree.

I wouldn't expect much to change since this team has a talent deficiency on the OL/DL.
I realize that both lines appear to be deficient but they held up well in the first two wins we got and the offensive line was not great by a long shot the first two games and the last showing against a top notch Broncos defensive line was more than good enough for us to have done more damage offensively than we did.

I expect both lines to be up and down the rest of the season but I do not think either is terrible. If the O-line holds up as well as it has the last two weeks and especially against Denver there will be no excuses for Brock or BOB or any other member of the offense.

It is the defensive line that worries me. It seems they get little if any pressure on opposing quarterbacks and that leaves our secondary alone having to cover for way too long.

I think we have better than average talent in all skill positions but our lines are average to bad. Maybe they are talented but are a work in progress.

Brock has had more than enough time to deliver accurate passes and yet he keeps misfiring like he is scared of imaginary pressure.

He is going to take hits so he may as well gut it out and deliver accurate passes in the face of pressure.

While our lines have had thier problems I feel that if coached right we could overcome those weaknesses to some extent. Enough to have more success than we are having.

4-3 is not a bad record but it is one where we could just as easily be 3-4. We need better play all around and it starts with BO.

Last edited:
Now you're just babbling and carrying on about crap that is never going to happen. This is also known as a BIG waste of time.
You're right. He's wasting his time because you're never going to stop beating the drum for Wolf and others who aren't going to leave their current organizations.
Let us know when you bring a viable candidate
to the discussion ("viable" meaning they would actually leave their current orgs to take the Texans' GM or HC job).
We'll wait.

I think his point is that there are situations that have been created that actually attract talent and some of those organizations have multiple persons that are capable of doing the job, whereas the Texans can't seem to sniff one.

Wasting time is arguing the other side of every single argument which is the MO of TK.

You're right. He's wasting his time because you're never going to stop beating the drum for Wolf and others who aren't going to leave their current organizations.
Let us know when you bring a viable candidate
to the discussion ("viable" meaning they would actually leave their current orgs to take the Texans' GM or HC job).
We'll wait.

TK brought up Wolf not me there sport but don't let that stop you, you're on a roll. And what part of me saying that Wolf will never seriously consider working for a meddling owner, including Bob McNair, do you not understand? As for viable, I don't see it unless it's that blind squirrel who finds a nut. If by viable you mean recycled unproven candidates willing to accept McNairs management by committee, his meddling and selective interference, well then the funnel is full, take your pick.

Last edited:
TK brought up Wolf not me there sport but don't let that stop you, you're on a roll. And what part of me saying that Wolf will never seriously consider working for a meddling owner, including Bob McNair, do you not understand? As for viable, I don't see it unless it's that blind squirrel who finds a nut. If by viable you mean recycled unproven candidates willing to accept McNairs management by committee, meddling and selective interference, well then the funnel is full.

I get the feeling Brock was more Bob and Rick than Bill . Gruden said the Texans never interviewed Brock . I would think a coach would grill him to see what he's got upstairs . Bob , I believe , handed him a script to a HEB commercial .

I get the feeling Brock was more Bob and Rick than Bill . Gruden said the Texans never interviewed Brock . I would think a coach would grill him to see what he's got upstairs . Bob , I believe , handed him a script to a HEB commercial .

Whenever McNair hires a head coach he hires an outside agency to do a complete background check. With Osweiler nary a phone call, much less a face to face. The ultimate in desperation, panic and a rush to judgement. In contrast Kubiak interviewed every coach Schaub had since high school and flew to California to spend two days with Schaub before pulling the trigger. Yes I know the Texans did not have time to do similar with Brock because management didn't even realize they had a QB problem until after the playoff loss to KC.

The strange irony here that explains McNair so well is after the 2-14 season of 2013 McNair DID NOT think the Texans had a QB problem. After a 9-7 season in 2015 and making the playoffs he DID think the Texans had a major QB problem.

Seeing that Hoyer had (4) 300 yd games before breaking his arm this year and Osweiler's first 7 games in Denver were much better than his first 7 games in Houston, Houston has a head coach problem.

Last edited:
Whenever McNair hires a head coach he hires an outside agency to do a complete background check. With Osweiler nary a phone call, much less a face to face. The ultimate in desperation, panic and a rush to judgement.

Or... the rules didn't allow us to contact the player. A QB like Brock don't normally hit the market as the rules allow teams to negotiate exclusively with their players until three days prior to FA. The Texans couldn't even say they were interested before that time.

They had a plan to be aggressive.

In contrast Kubiak interviewed every coach Schaub had since high school and flew to California to spend two days with Schaub before pulling the trigger. Yes I know the Texans did not have time to do similar with Brock because management didn't even realize they had a QB problem until after the playoff loss to KC.

If they didn't know they had a QB problem why, do you think, we started Fitz, benched him, started Mallett, benched him, started Hoyer, benched him? Do you think they believe that's how it's supposed to be done?

They made the decision to get a QB way before that play off game. Just not a whole lot they can do during the season.

The reason they didn't have time to interview Brock, was because they didn't have access to Brock in the time the NFL allows them to negotiate with the agent.

& still, we're talking like Brock is a bust... it's still too early to say that. He may very well prove to be our franchise QB before this season is over.

And what part of me saying that Wolf will never seriously consider working for a meddling owner, including Bob McNair, do you not understand?

You also said they're (Wolf & DeCosta) not leaving their current positions because they're in good position to take over for their current organizations.

Yes there is a reason why they're not currently running an NFL Franchise and that is because they both are in unique positions to become the GM and VP of Football Operations of two respective franchises that DO NOT have Meddling Owners interfering. For all practical purposes they will run the show just like Ozzie Newsome and Ted Thompson do, without any Owner interference.

If by chance DeCosta and Wolf have ever been contacted by the McNair's about becoming the Texans GM (like they have with many other franchises) I'd bet heavily their answer was Thanks but No Thanks (like they have with many other franchises).

& I have to assume all these other teams that inquired about Wolf & DeCosta also had meddling owners?

Wasting time is arguing the other side of every single argument which is the MO of TK.

I'll forgive you... chances are you didn't come in at the beginning of the discussion. This is the first post that started this waste of time....

The fact is that if Texian was in charge of the Texans, we would be a legit contender. He would hire real GMs like Eric DeCosta or Eliot Wolf and a real coach. Your tiny brain doesn't get it.

& my argument was that it's a waste of time.

Texian is in hog heaven when the Texans are having issues.

Too bad he has me on ignore, then I could tell him how full of sh!t he is.

Sorry to break it to you Texian but McNair is the Texans, this is what we are stuck with forever.

So you should be happy in Texans misery for the rest of your sweet life.

Buy stock in Vaseline boys.

Texian is in hog heaven when the Texans are having issues.

Too bad he has me on ignore, then I could tell him how full of sh!t he is.

Sorry to break it to you Texian but McNair is the Texans, this is what we are stuck with forever.

So you should be happy in Texans misery for the rest of your sweet life.

Buy stock in Vaseline boys.

If Bob was a baker he would have this beautiful cake on the outside , part Texas flag , part intricate cowboy saddle . Beautiful cake with a Clay Walker singing bobble head on top and all the ingredients fresh from HEB . Unfortunately Rick Smith bought soy sauce instead of vanilla and corn meal instead of flour and Bill's recipe he got from Duff Goldman doesn't work nearly as well as when Duff makes it . But none the less it looks good and with enough beer you can choke anything down .

Last edited:
Back