Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The "Who should I start" thread

Are TE and WR interchangeable in your league? This is tough. I think I would go AJ and Decker though. AJ has played well the last few weeks and I think he'll have a big game.

I need some suggestions of my own if anyone can help.

I need to choose 1 out of these 3.

Eric Decker
Larry Fitzgerald
Malcolm Floyd

It's a toss up between Decker and Fitz but I would start Decker.

Are TE and WR interchangeable in your league? This is tough. I think I would go AJ and Decker though. AJ has played well the last few weeks and I think he'll have a big game.

Eric Decker
Larry Fitzgerald
Malcolm Floyd

Fitzgerald by a lot in my opinion. He's getting more yards/targets and is going up against GB. They'll be throwing a lot

Eric Decker
Larry Fitzgerald
Malcolm Floyd

Decker has better quarteback play and is probably safer, that said, fitz is capable of going off and dominating a game with a few scores.

I'd play fitz unless the cards are playing a top tier defense.

Decker has better quarteback play and is probably safer, that said, fitz is capable of going off and dominating a game with a few scores.

I'd play fitz unless the cards are playing a top tier defense.

Arizona's QB play is just so bad. And even though Green Bay's D isn't great, I'm not confident in Skelton getting him the ball much. I'm fighting for the last playoff spot after starting the season 1-5, so I think I'll go with the safe pick for now.

Thanks for the input guys!! Appreciate it!!

I'm going with AJ and Decker this week. Really hard to bench OD though!

Steve Jackson or Rashad Jennings? Jackson has been splitting time with Richardson (whom I also have) and has a tough match-up, where as Jennings is facing Indi. I could also keep in both by putting them at my flex over Torrey Smith or Kenny Britt (both also have good match-ups).

Steve Jackson or Rashad Jennings? Jackson has been splitting time with Richardson (whom I also have) and has a tough match-up, where as Jennings is facing Indi. I could also keep in both by putting them at my flex over Torrey Smith or Kenny Britt (both also have good match-ups).

I would go with Jennings and Smith.

I'd like some opinions on my QB situation. Starter is Aaron Rodgers, but he's on bye this week. I currently have Christian Ponder as my backup QB, but he has been horrible the last 3 weeks. My options on the waiver wire are:

Ponder vs Detroit
Schaub @ Chicago
Russell Wilson vs NYJ
Sanchez @ Seattle
Tannehill vs Tenn
Hasslebeck @ Miami

Schaub is on waivers until Friday, and I have a waiver in to swap Ponder for him. So I can change that if you guys think someone else would be better. Scoring is 1 point per 20 yards passing, 6 points per passing TD, -1 per INT.

I'd like some opinions on my QB situation. Starter is Aaron Rodgers, but he's on bye this week. I currently have Christian Ponder as my backup QB, but he has been horrible the last 3 weeks. My options on the waiver wire are:

Ponder vs Detroit
Schaub @ Chicago
Russell Wilson vs NYJ
Sanchez @ Seattle
Tannehill vs Tenn
Hasslebeck @ Miami

Schaub is on waivers until Friday, and I have a waiver in to swap Ponder for him. So I can change that if you guys think someone else would be better. Scoring is 1 point per 20 yards passing, 6 points per passing TD, -1 per INT.

Hasslebeck has been a pretty consistent 200 yards and a TD every week. Schaub gives you the shot at a 300 yard 3 TD game but I could also see 200 yards 0 TD's and a pick.

I would wait and see who clears waivers before making a decision. Waiver position can be gold, I saved mine all season and Saturday someone dropped Darren Sproles in a ppr league before news broke that he might only be out a week or two.

Hasslebeck has been a pretty consistent 200 yards and a TD every week. Schaub gives you the shot at a 300 yard 3 TD game but I could also see 200 yards 0 TD's and a pick.

I would wait and see who clears waivers before making a decision. Waiver position can be gold, I saved mine all season and Saturday someone dropped Darren Sproles in a ppr league before news broke that he might only be out a week or two.

Oh, I'm 8-1 at the top of the league by far. My wavier will be 12 until I lose the #1 spot, because it's always reverse order of the standings each week. No worries there. Hasslebeck is tempting too. I expect Tillman to play against the Texans, so I'm a bit weary of Schaub as well. None of these are a slam dunk :(

Oh, I'm 8-1 at the top of the league by far. My wavier will be 12 until I lose the #1 spot, because it's always reverse order of the standings each week. No worries there. Hasslebeck is tempting too. I expect Tillman to play against the Texans, so I'm a bit weary of Schaub as well. None of these are a slam dunk :(

Ah, that makes sense then. Yeah not a lot of great options for you, I'm looking for a bye week filler in my money league for Rodgers and I have Palmer and Freeman to pick from. How many people in your league?

Ah, that makes sense then. Yeah not a lot of great options for you, I'm looking for a bye week filler in my money league for Rodgers and I have Palmer and Freeman to pick from. How many people in your league?

12 team league. I'd go with Freeman if I were you. He's been much better the past few weeks, and SD is middle of the pack against QBs this year.

OK, I listened to you guys last week and it worked out GREAT! Bout killed me to bench OD, but, worked out in my favor.

This week! Two of the three. My gut tells me to bench AJ, but, CRAP, how do you bench AJ??????? We've been waiting for a breakout game, will this be it?? I say NO, not if he has Tillman on his arse all night. I'm leaning toward playing OD and Decker. CONVIENCE ME this is the right thing to do!! THANKS!!

AJ
OD
Decker

OK, I listened to you guys last week and it worked out GREAT! Bout killed me to bench OD, but, worked out in my favor.

This week! Two of the three. My gut tells me to bench AJ, but, CRAP, how do you bench AJ??????? We've been waiting for a breakout game, will this be it?? I say NO, not if he has Tillman on his arse all night. I'm leaning toward playing OD and Decker. CONVIENCE ME this is the right thing to do!! THANKS!!

AJ
OD
Decker

Start Decker for sure. OD is highly questionable to play Sunday so you need to watch it closely but I would probably go with AJ this week.

I'm not a Maclin fan, I would go with Danny especially in ppr but I am a Red Raider so I might be biased.

Yeah the Maclin situation has been very disappointing. Well actually it has more to do with Vick looking like the worst QB in the league than it does Maclin but as a fantasy player, Maclin has sucked.

I'm just worried about Danny's injury. Is he really going to be able to put up some numbers against the San Fran D?

Who should I play in the flex, I need to choose one of the following:

Sidney Rice
Jonathan Dwyer
Jeremy Maclin
Kendall Wright

Too bad it's too late for Cecil Shorts, he would have gotten me 22 pts. Right now the nod is going to Rice. I might be able to be talked into Wright, but the other two scare me this week.

Who should I play in the flex, I need to choose one of the following:

Sidney Rice
Jonathan Dwyer
Jeremy Maclin
Kendall Wright

Too bad it's too late for Cecil Shorts, he would have gotten me 22 pts. Right now the nod is going to Rice. I might be able to be talked into Wright, but the other two scare me this week.

I think Rice is your best bet, but none of them are too enticing.

I think Rice is your best bet, but none of them are too enticing.
With Redman tweeting he's getting the start I have to pass on Dwyer.

I'd roll with Maclin, mostly because Cromartie has been effective shutting down WR1s so far. Tough call, though.

Yeah the Maclin situation has been very disappointing. Well actually it has more to do with Vick looking like the worst QB in the league than it does Maclin but as a fantasy player, Maclin has sucked.

I'm just worried about Danny's injury. Is he really going to be able to put up some numbers against the San Fran D?

Looks like you couldn't have gone wrong. Danny is back, he had a huge game against an awesome defense. He also had an 80 yard catch called back in OT. I'm starting him going forward.

Wouldn't have mattered who I played, my team crashed and burned!! BUT, our TEXANS won so I really don't care!! On to next week!:evil:

Brandon Gibson, Cecil Shorts, or Rashad Jennings in the flex spot?

Gibson is going against the Jets. I could also bet on Ben Tate coming back this week and vulturing a TD with what should be limited touches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Foster needs a rest, I'm smelling an aerial gameplan.

So should I play OD over Decker? I know OD practiced this week, but, still don't know if Kubes will go easy on him due to his hip injury. I was planning to play Decker, but, my "gut" tells me to go with OD. BUT, if we get a sizable lead over the Kittie's, Kubes might sit some of his starters, including AJ and OD.

The Denver/SD game should be a good one, IMHO. PM always seems to pull off some kind of "magic" when he goes to the air. Decker has become a fav target. WHAT TO DO!!!???:overreact:

CRAP, I hate trying to second guess this stuff! :wild:

Brandon Gibson, Cecil Shorts, or Rashad Jennings in the flex spot?

Gibson is going against the Jets. I could also bet on Ben Tate coming back this week and vulturing a TD with what should be limited touches.

I don't really like any of the choices. Cromartie is likely to match up on Gibson, Jennings isn't going to run on Houston and they will likely give up on the run early on into the game. Shorts has been good but I worry he might face Joseph.

I would start Shorts and hope Joseph covers Blackmon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Foster needs a rest, I'm smelling an aerial gameplan.

So should I play OD over Decker? I know OD practiced this week, but, still don't know if Kubes will go easy on him due to his hip injury. I was planning to play Decker, but, my "gut" tells me to go with OD. BUT, if we get a sizable lead over the Kittie's, Kubes might sit some of his starters, including AJ and OD.

The Denver/SD game should be a good one, IMHO. PM always seems to pull off some kind of "magic" when he goes to the air. Decker has become a fav target. WHAT TO DO!!!???:overreact:

CRAP, I hate trying to second guess this stuff! :wild:

I answered you in another thread but I'll post here in case you missed it. Decker has 7 TD's in his last 6 games, to bench him at this point would be blasphemy.

I answered you in another thread but I'll post here in case you missed it. Decker has 7 TD's in his last 6 games, to bench him at this point would be blasphemy.

Seconded.

Od's comming off injury. Its reasonable to expect the texans to dominate on the ground after an early lead.

Yea, I agree.

I was having one of my SENIOR moments in that other thread.. Really didn't mean to post anything about FF, just forgot it wasn't this thread. Kinda HIT me on a spur of the moment type of thing to ask.

What do you guys think I should do at RB? I am hurting, and I just lost Magahee for the year too. Here's what I am looking at:

Mendenhall
Dwyer

Turner
Jaquizz Rodgers

Jalen Parmele

I had to get two of my guys handcuffed just to have someone guranteed to start. Lance Ball is available, but I'd have to drop someone, Romo is about the only one I would drop but that might help out a competitor. There's a log jam at 7-4, including me.

In the flex I am starting Cecil Shorts at WR. I could throw in a 3rd RB but right now I feel better about my receivers, it is a PPR league. My two starting WR's are Marshall and Denarius Moore. (Maclin, Rice, and Kendall Wright on the bench).

I need to start a flex and a WR2. My options are:

Sproles,Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jeremy Maclin, Parmele

League is PPR. I am leaning Sproles and Jordy.

I have a tough call.

I need to start 3...Only one is a easy decision.

Andre Johnson (obv)
Antonio Brown vs BAL
Titus Young vs IND
Greg Little @ OAK
Mario Manningham vs STL

I am in 5th and am playing the 1st place team, need to win to ensure the playoff spot.

I have a tough call.

I need to start 3...Only one is a easy decision.

Andre Johnson (obv)
Antonio Brown vs BAL
Titus Young vs IND
Greg Little @ OAK
Mario Manningham vs STL

I am in 5th and am playing the 1st place team, need to win to ensure the playoff spot.

That is tough. AJ and Antonio Brown would be definite starts for me. I'd probably lean Little for the 3rd player, but all 3 are on about the same level. More potential with Little IMO.

at running back need to start 2 of 3

Marshawn Lynch @ Bears
Ahmad Bradshaw @ Redskins
CJ Spiller vs. Jaguars

Right now I am leaning Lynch and Spiller...

But with Brown out Bradshaw could be getting more looks in the red zone
Lynch vs Bears in Chicago also has me a bit worried.

Back