Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The "Who should I start" thread

Three defenses to choose from.
Texans at Patriots
Chargers at Pittsburgh
KC Chiefs at Browns

I currently own the Texans but the other two are available. Texans are the #4 best defense in my league, but the Pats are the #1 worst matchup in my league for defenses.

Chargers are 7th best and Pitt is 25th worst matchup
Browns are 11th best defense and KC is 30th worst matchup

What would you do?

Three defenses to choose from.
Texans at Patriots
Chargers at Pittsburgh
KC Chiefs at Browns

I currently own the Texans but the other two are available. Texans are the #4 best defense in my league, but the Pats are the #1 worst matchup in my league for defenses.

Chargers are 7th best and Pitt is 25th worst matchup
Browns are 11th best defense and KC is 30th worst matchup

What would you do?

Ha, I have the Texans DST in one league and I picked up the Bills defense to fill in for them this week. I'd go Browns as well.

Injuries have taken out 4 of my players(McFaddin,McCoy,Jordy,Harvin), so I've had to scramble (5 trades/pickups) to build something for a playoff run. What's your opinion on...

2nd RB to pair with AP:
Bryce Brown PHI @TB
Johnathon Dwyer PIT v. SD

Pick 2 WRs:
Greg Jennings v. DET
Mike Williams TB v. PHI
Denarius Moore v. DEN
Randall Cobb v. DET

Pick 1 TE:
B Myers v. DEN
K Rudolph v. CHI

performance, non-PPR

Last edited:
Injuries have taken out 4 of my players(McFaddin,McCoy,Jordy,Harvin), so I've had to scramble (5 trades/pickups) to build something for a playoff run. What's your opinion on...

2nd RB to pair with AP:
Bryce Brown PHI @TB

Pick 2 WRs:
Greg Jennings v. DET
Mike Williams TB v. PHI
Denarius Moore v. DEN
Randall Cobb v. DET

Pick 1 TE:
B Myers v. DEN
K Rudolph v. CHI

Brown is way too hot to bench right now.

Cobb for sure and probably Williams. I don't love Mike Williams but Philly has a terrible pass defense. Moore had a decent game against Denver earlier in the season but I fear he might see a lot of Bailey. Jennings I don't feel like you can trust yet.

Myers is rolling especially if it's ppr but Rudolph has also been a solid start over the last few weeks. You really can't go wrong here but personally I would go Myers.

I am not sure if I should play Denarius Moore tonight. My other WR's are Brandon Marshall (shows questionable but should play), Cecil Shorts (concussion, doesn't look good for him to suit up), and Moore is usually my 3rd WR.

Guys on the bench are:
Maclin
Kendall Wright
Sidney Rice (also questionable)

I have to decide on Moore by tonight. Since he's healthy, I might just have to leave him in, cause if Shorts can't go (and he probably can't) than it's a toss up for one of these three.

Thoughts?

I'd definetly play Moore - the matchup is good, and with Peyton he should get some good points. I'd say he is a much safer bet than Wright or Maclin - and with all the questionables I'd say go for it!

I'd definetly play Moore - the matchup is good, and with Peyton he should get some good points. I'd say he is a much safer bet than Wright or Maclin - and with all the questionables I'd say go for it!

Yeah, kind of where I am leaning. I shouldn't have even typed the name Maclin, I am to scared to play him, that QB situation in Philly has really hurt his fantasy value.

I'll probably replace Shorts with Rice if needed.

Yeah, kind of where I am leaning. I shouldn't have even typed the name Maclin, I am to scared to play him, that QB situation in Philly has really hurt his fantasy value.

I'll probably replace Shorts with Rice if needed.

I feel you... I have Maclin burning a hole in my bench as well...

Serious question here, first week of playoffs:

Aaron Rodgers vs DET or Matt Schaub @ NE

6 points per passing TD, -2 for INT, no loss on sacks, and 25 yards per point.

Thoughts?
Marshall for sure, then Rice/Shorts/Maclin for me, check injury status.

My gut: I don't like Moore vs. Champ, even though Raiders should be behind & throwing. Week 4 was a Broncos blowout, and Moore was benched last week. (Watch him blow up, now!
laugh-1.gif
)

Letmethinkaboutthisforasecond Aaron Rogers.

My top QB this week, and I suggest you don't bench your studs. Good luck.

Serious question here, first week of playoffs:

6 points per passing TD, -2 for INT, no loss on sacks, and 25 yards per point.

Definetly Rodgers! Schaub is way too inconsistent points wise - and Rodgers should put up big numbers in what will be a high scoring game...

I am not sure if I should play Denarius Moore tonight. My other WR's are Brandon Marshall (shows questionable but should play), Cecil Shorts (concussion, doesn't look good for him to suit up), and Moore is usually my 3rd WR.

Guys on the bench are:
Maclin
Kendall Wright
Sidney Rice (also questionable)

I have to decide on Moore by tonight. Since he's healthy, I might just have to leave him in, cause if Shorts can't go (and he probably can't) than it's a toss up for one of these three.

Thoughts?

Need to give us more time man.

:jogger:

Definetly Rodgers! Schaub is way too inconsistent points wise - and Rodgers should put up big numbers in what will be a high scoring game...

Marshall for sure, then Rice/Shorts/Maclin for me, check injury status.

My gut: I don't like Moore vs. Champ, even though Raiders should be behind & throwing. Week 4 was a Broncos blowout, and Moore was benched last week. (Watch him blow up, now!
laugh-1.gif
)

Letmethinkaboutthisforasecond Aaron Rogers.

My top QB this week, and I suggest you don't bench your studs. Good luck.

Well, Schaub has outscored Rodgers in each of the last 3 weeks, so I'm a bit concerned. But as DKR said, "Dance with the one that brought you."

What do you guys think I should do about my terrible RB situation

Dwyer
Turner/Rodgers (I have both)
Felix Jones
Alex Green

Right now, I am leaning toward Dwyer and Rodgers. I think Dwyer is definitely a start especially with big Ben coming back. (Vereen is available as a FA, that's a big crapshoot like Felix Jones IMO). I know nothing about Green.

2nd RB to pair with AP:
Bryce Brown PHI @TB

Pick 2 WRs:
Greg Jennings v. DET
Mike Williams TB v. PHI
Denarius Moore v. DEN
Randall Cobb v. DET

Pick 1 TE:
B Myers v. DEN
K Rudolph v. CHI

performance, non-PPR

RB - Bryce Brown. He's had a great start.
WR -Randall Cobb and Mike Williams. Cobb is Rodgers' favorite target.
TE - Brandon Myers. He's a solid tight end compared to Rudolph.

I swear the FF Gods hate me. Start Tate... He's done nothing. Maclin goes for 21 and Nicks just caught his first TD in several games. OF course I sat both. FML.

I suck.

Picked up all these top ranked guys at no small cost and I get practically nothing: Bryce Brown, Myers TE Raiders, Conner Barth.

Not my year.
russian-roulette.gif

Led my league all year, went undefeated in my division, and lost the first playoff game last week. Still ticked off, but, such is life when ya play fantasy! Playin for third place this week, and here's my question.

OD or Decker? I played OD last week and PM targeted Decker all the damn day. OD didn't do squat! Partly why I lost, plus, my opponent go 17 points from his dang KICKER!! Go figure!:headhurts:

After winning my conference I am in the final in a 24 team super league. I need some advice on which qb to start, RG3 or Russell Wilson. Since this was a two conference league, there were two separate drafts and the guy I'm going against is starting Wilson. Should I start Wilson to cancel the points out, or start RG3 and hope he out scores Wilson. Any help appreciated

After winning my conference I am in the final in a 24 team super league. I need some advice on which qb to start, RG3 or Russell Wilson. Since this was a two conference league, there were two separate drafts and the guy I'm going against is starting Wilson. Should I start Wilson to cancel the points out, or start RG3 and hope he out scores Wilson. Any help appreciated

I would start RG3.

Any league playing in week 17 needs a new commissioner. Nobody should be playing FF this week. I also play in a 24 team super league, and won it this year, but before we switched to that format we dropped a week of the regular season to make the Super Bowl week 16 like normal. Too many teams have nothing to play for in week 17 to make it a true FF Super Bowl.

Yea, it's a real crapshoot. I think we are gonna put it to a vote after this season to start the playoffs a week earlier. Thanks for the suggestions, all. I did go with RG3 after all.

Back