Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The "Who should I start" thread

So it`s by week time for me... so no Cam Newton (I´m actually kinda relieved ;-). Right now I have Andy Dalton as my back up and he has a good matchup against Cleveland. But so far he has been meh this year, so I took a look at the waver wire. Here are my other options:

Alex Smith vs. Giants - had a monster week, but will have more trouble against the Giants. I could see the 49ers run the ball a ton.

Christian Ponder vs. Washington - great matchup, Ponder looked great, but I´m still not really comfortable with him back there.

So, Dalton, Smith or Ponder, who would you take?
'

Dalton, I'm actually trying to trade for him to fill in for Drew Brees this week. I like Ponder, but right now he's a game manager for the potential for a good game. Not a great game, just good.

Start 3 Non-PPR

Bowe Vs Buccs (either gets me 20 points or 6, it alternates each week)
Floyd Vs Broncos ( 10 point game or nothing... )
Wanye Vs Jets (jets shut down dre... but 10 points consistant and a 30 pointer career high last week)
Maclin Vs Lions (Looks great when healthy, doesn't play when not... but he's against the Lions)

also have Andrew Hawkins vs Browns, but i don't see any reason to start him.

Start 3 Non-PPR

Bowe Vs Buccs (either gets me 20 points or 6, it alternates each week)
Floyd Vs Broncos ( 10 point game or nothing... )
Wanye Vs Jets (jets shut down dre... but 10 points consistant and a 30 pointer career high last week)
Maclin Vs Lions (Looks great when healthy, doesn't play when not... but he's against the Lions)

also have Andrew Hawkins vs Browns, but i don't see any reason to start him.
Wayne, Bowe... toss up on the other two.

I know it is dumb to ask about a kicker, but I can't decide on who to keep. Jason Hanson DET or Matt Bryant ATL. Thoughts?

You really want to get all the points you can... I go Hanson. Just cause i think ATL will just score the TDs...

Well they both kick in a dome so you cant go wrong there. I've got bryant and have been satisfied so far. Without having looked at scoring offense I feel like atlanta has the more consistent offense. I'd go bryant.

RB Alfred Morris (WAS) MIN
RB CJ Spiller (BUF) @WSH
RB A. Bradshaw (NYG) @SF

Only got 1 spot.

EDIT: Leaning Morris.

RB Alfred Morris (WAS) MIN
RB CJ Spiller (BUF) @WSH
RB A. Bradshaw (NYG) @SF

Only got 1 spot.

EDIT: Leaning Morris.

That`s a tough choice - 2 dominant defenses or CJ Spiller who isn`t a clear cut starter. I don`t really like Spiller because of his inconsistencies - so for me the choice would be between Morris and Bradshaw. Morris should be the safer bet, but I am intrigued with Bradshaw. This looks like a game the Giants might win...

So Morris to play it safe, Bradshaw to gamble... or Spiller if you trust he gets enough touches (I don`t).

Need to start two:

Dwayne Bowe @ TB (No Matt Cassell)
James Jones @ HOU
Shonn Green vs IND

Thoughts? I have Bowe and Greene starting now.

Need to start two:

James Jones @ HOU
Shonn Green vs IND

I almost always go with a RB over WR, but Jones has been hotter than a $2 pistol lately and Jennings is out... I think I'd go Jones, Bowe.

Need to start two:

James Jones @ HOU
Shonn Green vs IND

Bowe and Green. Jones has been hot the last two games. Previous to that he was a nonfactor (when i needed him to perform.) He's as likely to give you nadda as he is a td...very very inconsistent. Cassell is out but I think a lot of kc fans would tell you that helps the passing game. Jones has more weapons to compete with on his team and they are playing a better defense. Bowe and green.

Need to start two:

James Jones @ HOU
Shonn Green vs IND

The gun would be in my mouth. Bowe and Greene is my guess but Jones isn't too bad of an option.

That`s a tough choice - 2 dominant defenses or CJ Spiller who isn`t a clear cut starter. I don`t really like Spiller because of his inconsistencies - so for me the choice would be between Morris and Bradshaw. Morris should be the safer bet, but I am intrigued with Bradshaw. This looks like a game the Giants might win...

So Morris to play it safe, Bradshaw to gamble... or Spiller if you trust he gets enough touches (I don`t).

Well seems like there was no wrong choice... I still like my Bradshaw choice, I started him and got 18 points out of him.

Non PPR...

Pick 2 RB

Matthews vs Browns (For Sure)
Bush vs Jets (Jets are playing desperate football)
Steven JAckson vs Patriots
Daryl Richardson vs Patriots
Rashad Jennings vs Packers

Pick 3 WR

Reggie Wayne vs Tenn
Malcom Floyd vs Browns
Jeremy Maclin vs Falcons
Dwayne Bowe vs Raiders
Santana Moss vs Steelers

:thinking:

Non PPR...

Pick 2 RB

Pick 3 WR

Reggie Wayne vs Tenn
Malcom Floyd vs Browns
Jeremy Maclin vs Falcons
Dwayne Bowe vs Raiders
Santana Moss vs Steelers

I wish I could give you some words of advice but... you've got some boom or bust guys there.

I expect Wayne and Moss to have good days. Have no idea who to go for the third. Probably Floyd?

On the RB side, I got no idea. Is Steven Jackson hurt? And the Pats are pretty good against the run. If it was me? I'd go Mathews and Bush, I guess.

But I don't feel strongly about anything I just said. I just didn't want to totally leave you hanging.

Non PPR...

Pick 2 RB

Pick 3 WR

Reggie Wayne vs Tenn
Malcom Floyd vs Browns
Jeremy Maclin vs Falcons
Dwayne Bowe vs Raiders
Santana Moss vs Steelers

Matthews/Bush

Wayne/Floyd/Maclin

Last edited:
I wish I could give you some words of advice but... you've got some boom or bust guys there.

I expect Wayne and Moss to have good days. Have no idea who to go for the third. Probably Floyd?

On the RB side, I got no idea. Is Steven Jackson hurt? And the Pats are pretty good against the run. If it was me? I'd go Mathews and Bush, I guess.

But I don't feel strongly about anything I just said. I just didn't want to totally leave you hanging.

Jackson isn't hurt but it look like the Rams are working him out of the Team...

I'm waiting to get a really good game out of Bowe or Moss again and trade them.... So i don't have to decide every week.

2 weeks ago i bench Maclin and he got 19 points... I lost because i didn't start him

Matthews/Bush

Wayne/Nicks/Floyd -- last two bunched up close to Maclin, then Bowe

By Nicks you mean Moss?

I've been starting Alfred Morris every week and I have always been an "always start your studs" kind of guy but not sure this week.

Reggie Bush @NYJ
Alfred Morris @PIT

Jets have the 31st ranked run defense and Pit is ranked 5th, plus there is some bad blood between Bush and the Jets which makes me think Reggie might be in for a big week.

I've been starting Alfred Morris every week and I have always been an "always start your studs" kind of guy but not sure this week.

Reggie Bush @NYJ
Alfred Morris @PIT

Jets have the 31st ranked run defense and Pit is ranked 5th, plus there is some bad blood between Bush and the Jets which makes me think Reggie might be in for a big week.

PPR? Why don't you have any other RB options? I'd go with Morris, just because he's so much more consistent.

Reggie Bush @NYJ
Alfred Morris @PIT

You have to go with Morris on this one, but im starting Bush in my league

PPR? Why don't you have any other RB options? I'd go with Morris, just because he's so much more consistent.

1/2 point ppr

I'm starting AD tonight and I'm keeping Michael Turner on the bench this week vs PHI.

I drafted Greg Jennings, Garcon, and Amendola so I had to make some moves to pick up some WR's. I traded The Lawfirm and Demarco Murray for Stevie Johnson and Wes Welker respectively, which left me with only 4 RB's on my roster.

Regarding the Dolphins vs the Jets, supposedly Philbin was quoted as saying that they need to get the ball to Hartline more. In my bigger league, I've got Bush, Tannehill, and Hartline (Tannehill and Hartline ride the bench, I use them for match-ups and bye-week fodder). Anyone think that Tannehill or Hartline have a chance at doing something vs NYJ's coverage, or is the talk from Philbin an attempt to keep the offensive game plan somewhat unknown?

Regarding the Dolphins vs the Jets, supposedly Philbin was quoted as saying that they need to get the ball to Hartline more. In my bigger league, I've got Bush, Tannehill, and Hartline (Tannehill and Hartline ride the bench, I use them for match-ups and bye-week fodder). Anyone think that Tannehill or Hartline have a chance at doing something vs NYJ's coverage, or is the talk from Philbin an attempt to keep the offensive game plan somewhat unknown?

After seeing what Cromartie did to AJ I would be hesitant to start Hartline against him.

Well, I was thinking kind of the same thing. Not just limited to AJ. Guess I'll leave Tannehill and Hartline on the bench a little longer.

I could use a Little help as well... Standard yahoo league:

At HB I will start Mathhews and one if the following:
Bradshaw against Dallas (missed practice again yesterday)
Ridley against StL.
Sproles against Denver

At WR I will start C.Johnson, D. Thomas and one of the following:
Maclin against Atlanta
Lloyd against St.L
Steve Smith (Car) against Chicago

I'd go with Maclin probably but have no idea which HB I should start...

I could use a Little help as well... Standard yahoo league:

At HB I will start Mathhews and one if the following:
Bradshaw against Dallas (missed practice again yesterday)
Ridley against StL.
Sproles against Denver

At WR I will start C.Johnson, D. Thomas and one of the following:
Maclin against Atlanta
Lloyd against St.L
Steve Smith (Car) against Chicago

I'd go with Maclin probably but have no idea which HB I should start...

Bradshaw & Maclin, check injury status.

Suggestions please!

AJ
OD
Decker

Need two out of the three. AJ has bombed this year, but, blind loyalty sways me, same with OD. BUT, Decker has more TDs than both, and is becoming one of Peyton's fav targets. I feel safe with OD, but, ya just never know when AJs gonna have his breakout game. Schaub is my QB. My gut feeling tells me Kubes will run the ball a lot against the Bills, so just not sure if AJ or OD will get that many points. HELP!! Weeden is my backup QB, but, he's sittin the bench against the bears.

Suggestions please!

AJ
OD
Decker

Need two out of the three. AJ has bombed this year, but, blind loyalty sways me, same with OD. BUT, Decker has more TDs than both, and is becoming one of Peyton's fav targets. I feel safe with OD, but, ya just never know when AJs gonna have his breakout game. Schaub is my QB. My gut feeling tells me Kubes will run the ball a lot against the Bills, so just not sure if AJ or OD will get that many points. HELP!! Weeden is my backup QB, but, he's sittin the bench against the bears.

I think you've got to go Decker at this point. And OD is leading the Texans in TD receptions and is getting almost as many yards/game as AJ. So I'd go with those two: Decker and OD.

But I'd be hoping for AJ to have a breakout game, anyway.

Suggestions please!

AJ
OD
Decker

Are TE and WR interchangeable in your league? This is tough. I think I would go AJ and Decker though. AJ has played well the last few weeks and I think he'll have a big game.

I need some suggestions of my own if anyone can help.

I need to choose 1 out of these 3.

Eric Decker
Larry Fitzgerald
Malcolm Floyd

Standard scoring.

Newton vs CHI
Rivers vs CLE
Weeden vs SD

Leaning toward Rivers.

Rivers

Suggestions please!

AJ
OD
Decker

I'd go with Decker and AJ. OD might be the safer play but AJ gives you a chance at a huge game. The Bills are REALLY bad.

Yea, TE and WR are interchangable in my league. Does anyone know whats wrong with OD? Just read he's on the injury report, but, I think he's been on it most of the year. Just wondering.

Yea, TE and WR are interchangable in my league. Does anyone know whats wrong with OD? Just read he's on the injury report, but, I think he's been on it most of the year. Just wondering.

TE Owen Daniels was limited in practice due to a hamstring injury, while WR Kevin Walter was limited due to illness.

Suggestions please!

AJ
OD
Decker
Andre & Decker for me.

I need to choose 1 out of these 3.

Eric Decker
Larry Fitzgerald
Malcolm Floyd
Decker for me.

Back