Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The "Who should I start" thread

WR Colston, Marques KC
WR Green, A.J. @WAS
WR Wayne, Reggie JAC
WR Floyd, Malcom ATL
WR Williams, Mike @DAL

Pick 3, No PPR. Fred Jackson is out, Gerhart isn't worth using in Flex. Might pick up a RB on the wire though, we'll see.

WR Colston, Marques KC
WR Green, A.J. @WAS
WR Wayne, Reggie JAC
WR Floyd, Malcom ATL
WR Williams, Mike @DAL

Pick 3, No PPR. Fred Jackson is out, Gerhart isn't worth using in Flex. Might pick up a RB on the wire though, we'll see.

I'd go with Colston, AJ and Wayne. All three going up against some porous defenses.

more touchdowns this weekend, brady or flacco?

I'd take Tom Brady. Ravens running game is better than the Pats, so if the Pats are scoring it's probably going to be Brady delivering the ball to one of his many targets.

Conversely Joe Flacco could easily get away with throwing only 1 TD in a Ravens win.

WR Colston, Marques KC
WR Green, A.J. @WAS
WR Wayne, Reggie JAC
WR Floyd, Malcom ATL
WR Williams, Mike @DAL

I'd say Green, Wayne, and Floyd. Colston and Floyd are a toss up. Colston is hurting with how much Brees is throwing to Graham and Sproles so much.

I need help at RB. Can't decide who to start. Options are:

CJ Spiller
Darren Sproles
Michael Bush
Doug Martin

Pick 3. League is PPR. Also get points for return yards.

more touchdowns this weekend, brady or flacco?

Ok come on. Are you just asking for who will have more touchdowns or are you asking this to help decide who to start? If it is the latter, you should never ask this ever again. No question you definitely start Brady and Brady will also likely have more TDs.

Trade Proposals...

CJ Spiller for Reggie Wayne?

My running backs are

Ryan Mathews, Reggie Bush, Steven Jackson.

My receivers are

Jeremy Maclin, Dwayne Bowe, Malcom Floyd, Sydney Rice...

What yall think? I'm kinda feeling its a good trade for the future....

Also have another proposal

Tom Brady and Reggie Bush for Mathew Stafford and Roddy White

Are you getting Spiller? If so, definitely do it. If not, don't even consider it.

I also wouldn't trade Reggie Bush. Just getting Roddy White plus downgrading at QB doesn't make sense especially when you are giving away Reggie.

Are you getting Spiller? If so, definitely do it. If not, don't even consider it.

I also wouldn't trade Reggie Bush. Just getting Roddy White plus downgrading at QB doesn't make sense especially when you are giving away Reggie.

I'm with you. If you're getting Spiller JUMP ON IT. And if you are in a PPR league Bush is going to be an average back most weeks and then one week he'll catch 6-8 passes plus his normal production.

Mike

RGIII or Tony Romo?

I have to pick 1 WR (or sit Martin from TB from my RB/WR slot)

Calvin Johnson is an obvious start so here are my other two options:

Demarius Thomas
D Moore (oakland)

I also have Jean and Sanders from Pitt but I'm just kind of holding them because there is nobody better out there.

Mike

RGIII or Tony Romo?

Demarius Thomas
D Moore (oakland)

I also have Jean and Sanders from Pitt but I'm just kind of holding them because there is nobody better out there.

Mike

Play Martin. Thomas for your #2.

RGIII or Tony Romo?

Demarius Thomas
D Moore (oakland)

Mike

Thomas. Palmer is still a trainwreck in Oakland and Thomas is going to have angry Manning throwing him the ball. Pittsburgh is absolutely going to cream Oakland and the Denver/Houston game is probably a lot closer of a call.

Is anybody else getting mad that Jonathan Stewart can't seem to start two games in a row yet?

I'd say Green, Wayne, and Floyd. Colston and Floyd are a toss up. Colston is hurting with how much Brees is throwing to Graham and Sproles so much.

CJ Spiller
Darren Sproles
Michael Bush
Doug Martin

Bump. Advice would be appreciated.

I am also trying to decide whether to start Eric Decker or Jennings.

Well, if it was me, I'd go Spiller, Sproles, and Bush. Spiller and Bush are my automatic choices because I expect them to get a lot of work. I'd go with Sproles although he is a boom or bust option... he is going against the Chiefs and that could turn into a high-scoring affair.

With Doug Martin, I just don't trust the Buccs and their offense. And I don't trust the Cowboys. You never know what you're going to get.

And, for me, I try not to start guys going against the Texans. But Jennings may not even play, he's still questionable. If it was me, I'd try to play Jennings but I'd be monitoring the Inactives right before the Packers game and choose which one at that point.

Go Decker, Seahawks have a stout defense too and you would rather put in a safe option instead of gambling on Jennings on monday (I'm doing the same thing, benching Jennings for Malcom Floyd)

as for the RBs
Sit Martin, the Cowboys run D. is pretty stout this year, Spiller and Sproles have great PPR value, so it's a toss up between Martin and Bush, I personally think Bush has the better shot. Alfred Morris still got good numbers against the Rams last week

Ok come on. Are you just asking for who will have more touchdowns or are you asking this to help decide who to start? If it is the latter, you should never ask this ever again. No question you definitely start Brady and Brady will also likely have more TDs.

was asking for the madden coin up challenge, which i keep getting wrong. i took calvin johnson (0) over vernon davis (2) last week, and then brady (1) over flacco (3) this week.

Last edited:

I went ahead and traded Spiller for Wayne last week... Got rid of CJ when the getting was good... Glad i did now he is worthless

Alright i cant decide... in need to start 3

Dwayne bowe @SD
Jeremy maclin vs NYG
Malcom floyd vs KC
Sydney rice vs Rams
Andrew hawkins @JAC
Santana holmes @SF

RGIII or Tony Romo?

Demarius Thomas
D Moore (oakland)
RGIII & Demaryius

CJ Spiller
Darren Sproles
Michael Bush
Doug Martin

Martin & Sproles/Bush (tossup)

Torrey Smith vs CLE
Lance Moore @ GB
Dez Bryant vs CHI
Torrey or Torrey & Lance

Dwayne bowe @SD
Jeremy maclin vs NYG
Malcom floyd vs KC
Sydney rice vs Rams
Andrew hawkins @JAC
Santana holmes @SF
Bowe & Floyd

Dwayne bowe @SD
Jeremy maclin vs NYG
Malcom floyd vs KC
Sydney rice vs Rams
Andrew hawkins @JAC
Santana holmes @SF

I think Rice and Floyd are the easy choices.

After that, it's almost a coin-flip for me. I'd probably go Maclin because of the problems with the NYG secondary or Hawkins because the Bengals have, at times, put up some points this year. I don't trust the KC offense and I don't like anyone against SF's defense... assuming that last week against the Vikes was a blip.

I think Rice and Floyd are the easy choices.

After that, it's almost a coin-flip for me. I'd probably go Maclin because of the problems with the NYG secondary or Hawkins because the Bengals have, at times, put up some points this year. I don't trust the KC offense and I don't like anyone against SF's defense... assuming that last week against the Vikes was a blip.

Not a fan of Bowe? I figured he and floyd was the for sure starter here...

You think Sydney Rice will have a big game this week?

Not a fan of Bowe? I figured he and floyd was the for sure starter here...

You think Sydney Rice will have a big game this week?

I'm not a big fan of Cassel or Romeo Crennel. I thought SD was playing pretty well defensively prior to that Atlanta debacle. I'm not expecting a lot of scoring from the Chiefs this week. Bowe has put up big numbers this year against Buffalo and New Orleans which are two of the worst pass defenses in the league.

Sidney Rice is going up against the Rams and the Rams have not exactly been stingy.

BUT... I hadn't actually looked at stats for that and I was going by my gut feeling after having watched a couple of Rams games this year. But after looking up the San Diego stats and the Rams stats, I think I was wrong. The Rams haven't been surrendering many passing TDs this year.

Bowe is probably the better option.

I could use some help. I need to start two RBs, a flex, and two WRs. League is PPR and gives 1 point for every 10 punt return yards and 1 for every 25 kick return yards.

Options:
Darren Sproles
Doug Martin
Michael Bush
Tashard Choice
Megatron
Greg Jennings
Jeremy Maclin
Amendola
Eric Decker

Thoughts?

I am leaning towards Sproles, Choice, Megatron, Jennings, and Decker.

What say you?

Sorry, missed the 3...

Between Maclin & Hawkins -- Maclin is the standard play, I might reach a bit for Hawkins.

Yeah i was leaning towards these two. when maclin was hurt last week he still put up big numbers, and i picked up hawkins this week because his numbers just keep improving each game. Looks like he is starting to become a fav of Dalton.

Thanks for the imput

I'm not a big fan of Cassel or Romeo Crennel. I thought SD was playing pretty well defensively prior to that Atlanta debacle. I'm not expecting a lot of scoring from the Chiefs this week. Bowe has put up big numbers this year against Buffalo and New Orleans which are two of the worst pass defenses in the league.

Sidney Rice is going up against the Rams and the Rams have not exactly been stingy.

BUT... I hadn't actually looked at stats for that and I was going by my gut feeling after having watched a couple of Rams games this year. But after looking up the San Diego stats and the Rams stats, I think I was wrong. The Rams haven't been surrendering many passing TDs this year.

Bowe is probably the better option.

I see your point. Also i noticed Bowe only makes his pionts in the final mins of the each game. I got lucky last week he had about 1 point at the end of the game but got 7 points in OT... So if they ever have a lead he wont be getting the ball

These are such a Toss-up. I need to trade some so i dont have to decide every week... :thinking:

Thanks for the input

I could use some help. I need to start two RBs, a flex, and two WRs. League is PPR and gives 1 point for every 10 punt return yards and 1 for every 25 kick return yards.

Options:
Darren Sproles
Doug Martin
Michael Bush
Tashard Choice
Megatron
Greg Jennings
Jeremy Maclin
Amendola
Eric Decker

Thoughts?

What say you?

I would go with Martin vs Washingtons hurt defense, Bush Vs the Cowgirls, Megatron (of course) and the tough one... I would go the seahawks D would scare Amendola away, Maclin has is hurt but expected to play, Jennings hasn't been doing anything the first 3 weeks (might be time for a Big game).

I would go with Decker, and hope Manning doesn't throw all his passes to Thomas.

:edit: my flex position would be Sproles, he will consistantly get you points

Last edited:

Options:
Darren Sproles
Doug Martin
Michael Bush
Tashard Choice
Megatron
Greg Jennings
Jeremy Maclin
Amendola
Eric Decker

Thoughts?

What say you?
Martin, Megatron, Jennings, Bush, Decker not taking into account the return yards which we attribute to DEF.

I can start 1 out of these 3. Help! I drafted too many quality receivers but don't have enough room to start all of them each week lol.

Percy Harvin
Eric Decker
Malcolm Floyd

Harvin 100%. He should be your first option out of the people you listed every week until minesota plays a team like the 49ers. Harvin is having a great start to the season and I would ride that wave till he has 2 or 3 bad games in a row.

One more:

Matt Forte (questionable)
Kenny Britt (questionable)
Stevan Ridley

Pick 2
No other options?

I'd prefer Britt, but he sounds very iffy to me. May take a needle.

Forte, IMO, is more likely to play with extra day & fact players get up for Monday night games.

I'd wait until just before kickoff to hear about Britt.

One more:

Matt Forte (questionable)
Kenny Britt (questionable)
Stevan Ridley

-- Kenny Britt Not Playing Today --
Sun Sep 30, 2012 --

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Tennessee Titans WR Kenny Britt (ankle - questionable) is not playing today due to his ankle injury.

I've got a couple of RB dilemmas in 2 different leagues and need some more opinions other than my own.

League 1 - Should I go with Cardinals Ryan Williams against the Rams? Or Carolina DeAngelo Williams at home against the Seahawks?

League 2 - Willis McGahee at NE? Or Steven Jackson at home vs Arizona

Right now I'm leaning towards R. Williams and McGahee. Thoughts?

I've got a couple of RB dilemmas in 2 different leagues and need some more opinions other than my own.

League 1 - Should I go with Cardinals Ryan Williams against the Rams? Or Carolina DeAngelo Williams at home against the Seahawks?

Ryan williams and Mcgahee for sure. Arizona and seahawks are run stopping defenses....

R. Wiliams and mcghee.

Seahawks defense is legit. D. Williams competes for carrys with Stewart, Tolbert, and Newton. R. Williams has better odds for success.

McGhee because I think denver's offense will be in the redzone more often and provide better scoring opportunities for him. I also think NE will be up early in the game and guard the pass more as the game goes into the 2nd half.

Could be wrong on both accounts but thats how i'd approach it.

So it`s by week time for me... so no Cam Newton (I´m actually kinda relieved ;-). Right now I have Andy Dalton as my back up and he has a good matchup against Cleveland. But so far he has been meh this year, so I took a look at the waver wire. Here are my other options:

Alex Smith vs. Giants - had a monster week, but will have more trouble against the Giants. I could see the 49ers run the ball a ton.

Christian Ponder vs. Washington - great matchup, Ponder looked great, but I´m still not really comfortable with him back there.

So, Dalton, Smith or Ponder, who would you take?

So it`s by week time for me... so no Cam Newton (I´m actually kinda relieved ;-). Right now I have Andy Dalton as my back up and he has a good matchup against Cleveland. But so far he has been meh this year, so I took a look at the waver wire. Here are my other options:

Alex Smith vs. Giants - had a monster week, but will have more trouble against the Giants. I could see the 49ers run the ball a ton.

Christian Ponder vs. Washington - great matchup, Ponder looked great, but I´m still not really comfortable with him back there.

So, Dalton, Smith or Ponder, who would you take?

Dalton for sure.... He got 300+ yards and 3 TDs when he played the browns in week 2... no reason not too

Back