Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The New New JaDeveon Clowney Thread

There’s always “good people on both sides” his public comments and defense of the Carolina owner speak for themselves. His anti Kaepernick stance it was not burning crosses and lynching people but it had its very real effects. You probably think Donald Trump is not a racist either?

If anything is weak it’s excusing anti social behavior with misdirection on other good deeds as if they cancel out.

We lost our All Pro LT and are in the midst of an offensive line nightmare and it was caused by Bob McNair.

Take it how you want.

Political differences is not racism.. grow the **** up.

It’s like the Seattle Seahawks went to a garage sale and found a Picasso for $1.

:lol:

..and yes I'd tell Duane Brown the same.. does that make me a racist?

People who sling that label around so freely really need to look up the definition of racism.

Albert Breer has it that we're acquiring 2 defensive players and a 3rd. Hmmm. Edit: houstonhurricane beat me to it

From Patrick Starr it looks like it could be Ifedi, Penny and a pick.
That I could stomach.

Really? Ugh. Wouldn’t it have been better just to keep JD for the year? That’s low hanging fruit man. Ifedi is about to wash out already and what Devlin is going to make him better?

Pretty awful for a blue chip, but that’s what you get when you try to bargain from a position of no leverage AND the sheer emotional will of the person in charge for Houston.

No, its 2 linebackers.
Guess we'll have to wait it out.
Really? Ugh. Wouldn’t it have been better just to keep JD for the year? That’s low hanging fruit man. Ifedi is about to wash out already and what Devlin is going to make him better?

Pretty awful for a blue chip, but that’s what you get when you try to bargain from a position of no leverage AND the sheer emotional will of the person in charge for Houston.
Blue chip or not, teams are leary of Clowneys injury history. Plus his work ethic issue is still fresh in people's memories.
Else we'd have seen a lot more interest in him - even for his asking price.

From Mike Meltzer on Twitter 14 minutes ago:

“Once the Clowney trade is official, the Texans will have zero players left from the 2014 Draft, where they had the top pick in each round. Many justified not picking a QB earlier because they had to “build up the roster” before fully investing in a QB. I will never let this go.”

Guess we'll have to wait it out.

Blue chip or not, teams are leary of Clowneys injury history.
Else we'd have seen a lot more interest in him - even for his asking price.

That’s not it at all! These clowns are trying to trade Clowney at the worst possible time and all because of how they **** the bed to begin with. How the fk do we go from Clowney ready to report to 2 backup LBs and a 3rd?? How does that make the team better?? OBrien has significantly worsened the team due to his maniacal way of doing things.

Seattle's left tackle jamarco Jones plus running back Rashaad penny plus 2020 first round pick for Clowney. Not much preference but better than Miami. I would take it

Is there any confirmation on the deal and who is involved? I've seen at least 4 versions.

Back