Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The Johnny "Football" Manziel NFL thread

Is Manziel's downward spiral the worst in NFL history? It is definitely worse than Jaramcus Russell because Russell at least got to start for a season or two. The only person I could compare him to I think is Maurice Clarrett who couldn't stop getting in trouble and hurt his draft status. He was phased out of the league in like half a year I think.

It might be. Considering all the high profile publicity he was getting, dude could have coasted for at least 6-7 years like David Carr did (who went a decade as a shitty QB, iirc) and just make the best of it. Even backup QBs make millions these days. And if he had actually applied himself, who knows what he could have done. Maybe even pulled an occassional Flutie or something. But, no heart + no brains = no career.

It might be. Considering all the high profile publicity he was getting, dude could have coasted for at least 6-7 years like David Carr did (who went a decade as a shitty QB, iirc) and just make the best of it. Even backup QBs make millions these days. And if he had actually applied himself, who knows what he could have done. Maybe even pulled an occassional Flutie or something. But, no heart + no brains = no career.

Yeah, the way I see a well prepared and focused Manziel would have likely been a journeyman who got a chance or two to start that bounced around to a few teams as a back up. He probably could have lasted at least 6 years just going through that process. His talent level never looked like one that would fit the NFL to me, but I had hoped because he was exciting to watch in college. One day when he wakes up and realize that he completely blew an easy NFL career.

Screen-Shot-2016-07-18-at-11.36.35-AM.png

Why did anyone ever think this clown could be an NFL player? He was already flaming out in college and an NFL team thought that giving him millions of dollars would somehow change how he acts instead of making it worse.

Why did anyone ever think this clown could be an NFL player? He was already flaming out in college and an NFL team thought that giving him millions of dollars would somehow change how he acts instead of making it worse.

Nope, the Browns thought that giving him millions of dollars would somehow change how he acts.

Sports

the manziel meltdown

Johnny Manziel allegedly threw punches at pal’s wedding

By Jaclyn Hendricks

July 20, 2016 | 8:09am

So much for the new Johnny Manziel.

The troubled quarterback got into a fistfight during a friend’s wedding this weekend in Hawaii, TMZ reports. The Browns flameout did not initiate the rumble, but things began to turn sour between Manziel and another guest after Friday night’s rehearsal dinner at the luxurious Four Seasons Resort.

As sources told the website, Manziel and the other guest had been adversaries for a while, and the ex-NFLer took matters into his own hands — literally — by hitting the man in the face.

The scene reportedly blew over before a bigger brawl could erupt. Law enforcement was not called to the scene. It appears Manziel didn’t suffer any major injuries, though his index finger did need a bandage or two.

But before his pal could say “I do,” Manziel made an attempt to smooth things over the next day by sending his adversary a bottle of bubbly and a note that read, “Truly apologize. Should have never done that. Know this won’t make it better, but hope it starts the day off alright.”

Manziel has been doing plenty of apologizing in recent days. After vowing to get his life back on track, Manziel posted a bizarre video on Instagram, promising fans he hopes to revive his lackluster, two-year NFL career.

The 23-year-old Manziel has been linked to multiple episodes of violence since his NFL career crashed and burned. He was reportedly involved in fight at a Los Angeles strip club in April. Previously, in the most troubling incident, in late January, Manziel allegedly assaulted ex-girlfriend Colleen Crowley: She swore an affidavit saying he kept her from leaving a hotel room, threw her into a car by her hair, slapped her so hard that she lost hearing in one ear and threatened murder-suicide. Manziel was indicted in Dallas on domestic violence charges.

The party's over...........or probably stated more correctly, it's not unexpectedly just begun.......

************************************************************************************

Johnny Manziel’s sobriety pledge ends with shots [PAGE SIX]
By Mara Siegler

August 1, 2016 | 10:33pm

Johnny Manziel’s vow to go “completely” sober July 1 has already ended in a round of shots.

The troubled NFL player was spotted at Rock & Reilly’s Irish Pub in LA Saturday.

“He was with a group of five and stayed for 25 minutes,” said a spy. “He had a ginger shot — a specialty drink with whiskey. And downed a rum and Coke.”

On Friday, the former Browns QB was seen leaving the Nice Guy in LA, where he told TMZ he wants to play for the Cowboys.

But Manziel’s attorney didn’t seem concerned when contacted by Page Six: “If you are running a story on [his drinking], that’s pretty incredible,” he told us, adding, “That’s the dumbest story I think I have ever heard, but you all are certainly welcome to it.”

Johnny Manziel’s vow to go “completely” sober July 1 has already ended in a round of shots.

The troubled NFL player was spotted at Rock & Reilly’s Irish Pub in LA Saturday.

“He was with a group of five and stayed for 25 minutes,” said a spy. “He had a ginger shot — a specialty drink with whiskey. And downed a rum and Coke.”

On Friday, the former Browns QB was seen leaving the Nice Guy in LA, where he told TMZ he wants to play for the Cowboys.

But Manziel’s attorney didn’t seem concerned when contacted by Page Six: “If you are running a story on [his drinking], that’s pretty incredible,” he told us, adding, “That’s the dumbest story I think I have ever heard, but you all are certainly welcome to it.”

From Page Six:
Johnny Manziel knows he’s ‘hit rock bottom’ but won’t stop partying

Johnny Manziel’s sobriety is still on the rocks.

The disgraced football star vowed to go sober on July 1, but was spotted partying at downtown clubs Marquee, Tao and Avenue over the weekend.

On Saturday, he was “drinking and dancing” at Marquee after Drake’s concert at MSG. “He was not that messy, but drinking and dancing,” a spy told us.

Manziel then attended dinner at Tao with Jason Derulo, Philipp Plein, Alec Monopoly and Jonathan Cheban before heading on Sunday to Avenue, where he was seen drinking again.

An insider told us: “He doesn’t want to sit at home in his hotel room. He enjoys seeing his friends. Some of them are in nightlife and entertainment.”

The insider added Manziel will spend the next year trying to get his life back on track after the NFL suspended him on June 30.

“He knows he’s hit rock bottom and he’s giving himself a year to get sober and get ready for football. He wants to play again,” said the pal. “He really wants to turn things around and make people proud of him again. It’s not going to end this way. He really wants to make that effort. He knows what he’s gifted with … The spotlight got to him.”

We’re told Manziel will spend the year doing yoga and working out with trainers as a part of his effort to clean up his act.

A rep for the Heisman Trophy winner did not comment.

Manziel's type of yoga......

hqdefault.jpg

images

img.php

vihucas-yoga.png

19473a7eb5304a859ad4e5c9a446ad1b-facebook-389x222.gif.jpg

From Page Six:
Johnny Manziel knows he’s ‘hit rock bottom’ but won’t stop partying

Johnny Manziel’s sobriety is still on the rocks.

The disgraced football star vowed to go sober on July 1, but was spotted partying at downtown clubs Marquee, Tao and Avenue over the weekend.

On Saturday, he was “drinking and dancing” at Marquee after Drake’s concert at MSG. “He was not that messy, but drinking and dancing,” a spy told us.

Manziel then attended dinner at Tao with Jason Derulo, Philipp Plein, Alec Monopoly and Jonathan Cheban before heading on Sunday to Avenue, where he was seen drinking again.

An insider told us: “He doesn’t want to sit at home in his hotel room. He enjoys seeing his friends. Some of them are in nightlife and entertainment.”

The insider added Manziel will spend the next year trying to get his life back on track after the NFL suspended him on June 30.

“He knows he’s hit rock bottom and he’s giving himself a year to get sober and get ready for football. He wants to play again,” said the pal. “He really wants to turn things around and make people proud of him again. It’s not going to end this way. He really wants to make that effort. He knows what he’s gifted with … The spotlight got to him.”

We’re told Manziel will spend the year doing yoga and working out with trainers as a part of his effort to clean up his act.

A rep for the Heisman Trophy winner did not comment.

Manziel's type of yoga......

hqdefault.jpg

images

img.php

vihucas-yoga.png

19473a7eb5304a859ad4e5c9a446ad1b-facebook-389x222.gif.jpg

I honestly don't know which is funnier. The pics at the end of your post or the part of the story where Manziel is giving himself another year to get his life back together. He must be only one that believes that crap and he only believes it because he's too drunk to know better.

Ridiculing substance abuse is so absolutely hilarious.
While I get your point you have to admit that Manziel's story has absolutely transitioned from the sublime to the ridiculous.
And what else is there to do when confronted with the ridiculous.

While I get your point you have to admit that Manziel's story has absolutely transitioned from the sublime to the ridiculous.
And what else is there to do when confronted with the ridiculous.

It is ridiculous.
It's no less sad and unfortunate.
And I don't think Manziel is in total control of his own behavior right now, and subsequently hope he doesn't die while skidding out of control.

It is ridiculous.
It's no less sad and unfortunate.
And I don't think Manziel is in total control of his own behavior right now, and subsequently hope he doesn't die while skidding out of control.
Chances are good that is where he's headed. I'm more concerned about him not hurting any innocent people in his path.

Ridiculing substance abuse is so absolutely hilarious.

Not usually no. It can be. It helps if you have had a few drinks first.
Well, it depends on who is doing the ridiculing ;)

I enjoyed the hell out of that by the way. Last summer my brother came up and I'd been stocking up on craft beers for the day. The plan was to sit out on the deck, work our way through this cooler full of awesome beer while grilling some fajitas. My wife who is a lot smarter than I am knew to keep an eye on us and not trust us to make sure all that skirt steak reached the finish line without burning to a crisp.

It was a good idea because while my brother knew he had to drive and was taking it easy I got into auto-beer mode where you're cracking the next beer open as you finish the previous one. I haven't done that in a long time. We joke about it being the precursor to the alcoholism that runs through both sides of my family. We both recognized it a long time ago and like I said I haven't done that in a long time.

Fast forward an hour or so and I was like "I gotta go in and go to sleep". Just exactly like he described in your video. It wipes me out and all I want to do is take a long, long nap

Last edited:
I find this rumor hard to swallow.

lg.php
img

NFL Rumors: Green Bay Packers Eye Johnny Manziel Minimum Deal; Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson Reject Offer
By Mitch de Leon (news@gospelherald.com) Aug 19, 2016 11:49 AM EDT

The Green Bay Packers are aiming for a comeback this NFL season especially in light of their disheartening run last year due to the injury of Jordy Nelson. With Aaron Rodgers back on track, Eddie Lacy losing weight and Jordy Nelson finally getting approved workouts in the gridiron, fans of the franchise are excited for the next season to start. To add to their eagerness, the Green Bay Packers are also said to seal the deal in a Johnny Manziel minimum contract soon.

One of the most difficult lessons learned by the NFL teams every season is the ugly side of the game - injuries. With Jordy Nelson suffering a preseason injury last year, the Green Bay Packers saw their Super Bowl chances slip off their fingers right after. They were not the only ones who got their hearts broken due to these injuries as the Dallas Cowboys had an embarrassing season when Tony Romo broke his collarbone in Week 2. In fact, even Super Bowl champs Denver Broncos almost lost Peyton Manning to injuries and fielded the then untested Brock Osweiler to face Tom Brady of the New England Patriots.

However, it looks like the Green Bay Packers found a way to protect their prized players this season. Rumors are rife that a minimum contract has been offered to Johnny Manziel. With the current status of Johnny Football in the NFL, fans believe that he would not turn down an offer from a Super Bowl contender team like the Green Bay Packers. Will the Jordy Nelson squad use Johnny Manziel to protect the health of premium quarterback Aaron Rodgers especially in the preseason games?

"You're seeing some of the marquee players play less," noted Aaron Rodgers of the adjustments of the NFL teams on their preseason roster. The Green Bay Packers further explained, "Running backs notoriously haven't played a whole lot in the preseason, but now you're seeing quarterbacks play less and less. Obviously, my reps have gone down over the years. It's just the way it is."

He added, "I think everybody feels like four or five [preseason games] is probably more than we need to get ready. But until they make a change there, that's the way it's going to be, and we're going to be smart about it."

At this point, no official comment has been given by any of the parties concerned. Johnny Manziel remains an unsigned free agent and it remains to be seen if the Green Bay Packers would do what the teams like the Dallas Cowboys and Denver Broncos refuse to do for Johnny Football - offer him an NFL contract.

After being seen clubbing and drinking last weekend, Manziel was on the A&M campus enrolling for classes.
Manziel left for the NFL before completing the courses required to receive his degree in recreation, parks and tourism sciences. He is currently listed as a senior.

It's unclear how many hours Manziel is taking this semester, according to a source. Folks on Twitter started wondering if the embattled Aggie legend was back in College Station.
link

He is going to try to complete an extremely difficult "science" degree. Wonder if it's going to be by computer again, where we all know that he will surely be taking his own tests.:kitten:

With all that has and is still going on, it is difficult not to question his true motives for this move. Now he can be back in an environment that again will continually roll out the red carpet and bow to his great majesty.

Von Miller recently was interviewed and related that he offered to have Manziel live with him so that that he could share his successful rehab formula of a return to healthy lifestyle, including a controlled diet with a personal chef to prepare his meals (which included no alcohol), 2-a-day workouts, and ordinary regimented responsibilities. His attempt was unfortunately met with failure.

He is going to try to complete an extremely difficult "science" degree. Wonder if it's going to be by computer again, where we all know that he will surely be taking his own tests.:kitten:

Lots of on line courses require the final exam be taken in a proctored environment. I've taken a few UT and Cal courses and all did.

Manziel In Court To Face Domestic Violence Charges
By Vanessa Brown | CBSDFW.COM September 15, 2016 6:07 AM

Update: Johnny Manziel’s court date has been moved to September 29, and it is now likely that the former NFL player will not have to attend.

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – For the first time since his indictment, former NFL quarterback Johnny Manziel will appear in a Dallas courtroom on Thursday to face domestic violence charges. The judge told Manziel that he must show up in person for the hearing. He cannot have lawyers step in for him.

This all comes after Manziel’s grand jury indictment in April for misdemeanor domestic assault. An ex-girlfriend claimed that the Heisman Trophy winner from Texas A&M hit her, threatened her and forced her into a car back in January.

The judge on Thursday will tell the former Cleveland Browns quarterback what he can and cannot do after posting bail. This is likely to include a warning to Manziel about avoiding contact with his ex-girlfriend. The judge will also likely lay down the law and warn Manziel that he better not get arrested again.

Details about the case will not be revealed during the Thursday hearing. It is strictly a routine legal proceeding.

Manziel is not expected to receive any special treatment in this case. He is even being told to walk into the courthouse through the same doors as any other defendant. After the hearing is over, Manziel will be fingerprinted, take a mugshot and then likely post bail.

If Manziel is not expected to receive any special treatment as is reported in this article, why does the UPDATE state that "the former NFL player will not have to attend" his rescheduled September 29 court date? An attorney mind?

The New York Post reports a 2nd even worse trashed than the 1st.......

the manziel meltdown
Johnny Manziel accused of trashing mansion with dog poop
By Jaclyn Hendricks

October 21, 2016 | 11:10am | Updated

Johnny Manziel is still in a massive amount of crap.

The troubled ex-NFL quarterback faces a $350,000 lawsuit for allegedly trashing a Hollywood Hills mansion. According to the suit, obtained by TMZ, Manziel and his pal allegedly caused $187,000 worth of damages to the $50 million property, including leaving behind animal feces.

“Defendants ravaged the plaintiff’s home,” the suit states. “They broke doors and mirrors, and failed to clean up an immense amount of dog feces and urine that was left throughout multiple rooms of the house for days, if not weeks.”

The owner, real estate magnate Danny Fitzgerald, claims Manziel and his friend signed an eight-month lease to rent the bachelor pad, but vanished after three months. He also claims the Heisman Trophy winner acknowledged the wreckage given the “overwhelming stench and permanent staining to expensive couches, hardwood floors, rugs and carpets.”

“This is on me %1000,” one of Manziel’s messages supposedly read.

But earlier this month, Manziel told TMZ that he was in no way responsible for the damage or the $125,000 in back rent.

“I never rented a house in the hills,” he said. “I’ve been staying with a friend when I’ve been in LA which, as of late, has not been much. This guy is upset with a friend of mine and dragging me into it.”

Fitzgerald claimed Manziel and his party posse turned the massive estate into “the worst frat house you’ve ever seen.”

Manziel’s legal woes continue to pile up. Most seriously, he still faces domestic violence charges in Texas stemming from an alleged harrowing altercation with his ex-girlfriend.

In addition, the 23-year-old has been accused of causing $32,000 in damages to a different West Hollywood home following a booze-fueled bash in April. In photos published by Page Six, the home was supposedly littered with drug paraphernalia.

Still better than Osweiller.
At what being an FFFF-up? Then yes.

Are you snorting the same meth as Johnny Creackhead?

Manziel can't handle the heat or responsibility of being a pro so he resorts to being a boy. And what exactly did you see in Manziel that says he was a promising QB? I can't stand the sight of Osweiler because he is so bad. Manziel is even worse.

Reactions: JB
Johnny Manziel reaches agreement to dismiss domestic violence charge
Dec 2, 2016

DALLAS -- Johnny Manziel has a dismissal agreement with prosecutors that will require the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback to meet conditions for a year before being cleared of a domestic violence charge against him.

Dallas County District Attorney's Office spokeswoman Brittany Dunn said Manziel wasn't present Friday when the agreement was filed.

The former Cleveland Browns player will be required to complete an anger management class, attend a domestic violence impact panel and participate in the NFL's substance-abuse program or something similar.

Manziel, who will turn 24 on Tuesday, faced a misdemeanor charge that carried a penalty of up to a year in jail and a $4,000 fine. He was accused of hitting and threatening former girlfriend Colleen Crowley during a night out in January.

As with previous court orders, Manziel will not be allowed to have contact with Crowley under the agreement.

"If the undersigned defendant fails to meet one of the requirements of this agreement or is charged with a new offense, the defendant will be prosecuted for this offense," the agreement states.

Prosecutors said the agreement with Manziel -- a former Texas A&M star -- was far from the end of its process.

"A conditional dismissal is only the beginning of the process of educating an individual on how to make better choices when facing conflict," prosecutors said. "It is an important first step for a defendant. Success or failure will depend upon one's commitment to the treatment programs included."

Judge Roberto Canas said at a hearing last month that the sides had reached a tentative deal. Canas had required Manziel to attend a hearing to finalize the agreement, but it was postponed Thursday so court personnel could attend the funeral of a bailiff.

Manziel, a free agent who hasn't signed with a team since the Browns released him in March, served a four-game suspension this season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy. He remains under review of the league's domestic policy, which could include a six-game suspension under guidelines that were toughened after the NFL was criticized for its handling of Ray Rice's domestic case.

Manziel's agreement is similar to one that Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant successfully completed following a domestic incident involving his mother in 2012.

"I'm thankful to both the court and prosecutor for their hard work and diligence in trying to come to a fair and just resolution for all parties involved," Manziel's lead attorney, Jim Darnell, said in a statement. "My client is pleased to be able to put this part of the situation behind him and is eager to satisfy the terms of the agreement."

The allegations stem from a night out on Jan. 30. Crowley said Manziel accosted her at a Dallas hotel, a confrontation that continued downstairs to the valet station. She said he forced her into a car and that a valet disregarded her pleas for help.

The two eventually drove to where her car was parked in front of a Dallas bar, she said in an affidavit. She said Manziel got into the driver's seat and began to drive. Crowley said Manziel stopped when she tried to jump out of the car, but then he dragged her back inside and hit her.

Cleveland drafted Manziel 22nd overall in 2014, and cut him after two tumultuous seasons marked by inconsistent play and off-the-field headlines about his partying and drinking, including one stint in rehab. Since the 2015 season ended, Manziel has been dumped by two agents after both demanded a second trip to rehab.

On Monday, an employee of an Austin bar filed a lawsuit against Manziel, seeking up to $1 million in damages. The plaintiff says his nose was broken when Manziel punched him.

Johnny Manziel says he is sober, needs 'one team to believe in me'

Johnny Manziel says he has achieved sobriety without professional assistance and is determined to resume his career in the NFL.

In a message sent Friday to ESPN's Ed Werder, Manziel wrote, "I refuse to let my entire life of sports from the age of 4 be squandered by partying. I just got sick of it. One day I didn't like what I saw in the mirror and realized I could really help people in the position I'm in.

link

he should go to Canada and play.
SHOW that he can walk the path for a season (or two) without incident
Then maybe the NFL will give him another shot
If he's sincere, then he should be willing to follow whatever path that will get him to his goal.

Johnny Manziel says he is sober, needs 'one team to believe in me'

Johnny Manziel says he has achieved sobriety without professional assistance and is determined to resume his career in the NFL.

In a message sent Friday to ESPN's Ed Werder, Manziel wrote, "I refuse to let my entire life of sports from the age of 4 be squandered by partying. I just got sick of it. One day I didn't like what I saw in the mirror and realized I could really help people in the position I'm in.

link

I noticed he didn't address his lack of talent. The poor dear doesn't even know.

I noticed he didn't address his lack of talent. The poor dear doesn't even know.

Maybe that was the plan all along? Play like crap but party like a fiend to deflect attention from the lousy play. He's brilliant. Yeah right. Manziel is finished. He was great in college but he doesn't have what it takes to be in the pros as s starter or backup because they both require a level of responsibility, commitment and professionalism that John boy just doesn't have.

Wonder who wrote his statement............."sobriety" does not necessarily refer to alcohol/drugs.............it appears that Manziel has very carefully avoided the reference to either...............and without oversight (professional), his statement smells of another "trust me, I've cleaned up my act.............again........really I have"................

David Richard / USA TODAY Sports/File photo
Manziel deletes Twitter account after tweeting advice to President Trump
David P. Woods Jan 23, 2017 3:12 PM
Former NFL quarterback Johnny Manziel tweeted some advice to President Donald Trump on Monday, then hours later deleted his account entirely.

"Yo @POTUS even I know to stay away from the notifications section on twitter. **** will drive you crazy, lead the country and let them hate," Manziel posted in a tweet that is no longer accessible.

It's probably good advice, but the notion that someone with as troubled a past as Manziel giving advice to the POTUS rubbed some the wrong way.

As of Monday afternoon, Manziel's Twitter account no longer exists.

It's unclear why Manziel left the social media platform, but one possible reason is the large amount of feedback he received from both Trump supporters and opponents.

Per sporta app.

:lol:

That's so funny. I remember a comedian talking about that very thing. They were saying "bless your heart" doesn't mean anything like it sounds when you're in Texas. So funny because it's so true.

Yep! I almost posted a clip of "things southern women say" with this one. Hilarious! :D

Back