The Texans draft is complete.

1.22 Texans - Andrew Billings, DT Baylor
2-52 Houston - Will Fuller, WR Notre Dame
3-85 Houston - Jihad Ward, DE Illinois
4-119. Houston - Joe Dahl, OG/OC, Washington State
5-159. Houston - Justin Simmons, S Boston College
5-166. Houston - Ka'imi Fairbairn - K, UCLA
6-195. Houston - Antonio Morrison, ILB, Florida

With the 196th pick in the TT Mock Draft the New England Patriots select Dominique Robertson OT/OG West Georgia.

Roberstson is a huge guy (6'4 3/4 320 Lbs) with very nimble feet he also is strong as a bull. 30 reps, with 36 in arms. Robertson has the same type of ability as his former teammate LeRaven Clark. He needs to be coached up and improve his technique against NFL competition, but the talent is definitely there.

Pick 197 Tampa Bay, Texans Seminole is on the clock.

I really like the Texans mock.

The defense would be even stronger and the offense added speed. Not a big fan of the Dahl pick. He really struggled at the Sr. Bowl.

Last edited:
Has anyone actually seen this guy play football?

Ze Germans.

Seriously though, yes there's some footage of him playing actual football. Problem is the competition he's playing against makes North Dakota St. opponents look like the Steel Curtain.

Reactions: JB
I really like the Texans mock.

The defense would be even stronger and the offense added speed. Not a big fan of the Dahl pick. He really struggled at the Sr. Bowl.

You talking about the game or practices? Because he was impressive at the practices (which are what really matter). Both Bill Polian and Louis Riddick praised his work during the week.

Bucs take DJ White, CB, Ga Tech. This concludes the Bucs draft.

Round 1: Ronnie Stanley, LT, Notre Dame.
Round 2: Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia.
Round 3: Malcolm Mitchell, WR, Georgia.
Round 4: Jordan Jenkins, DE, Georgia.
Round 5: Maliek Collins, DT, Nebraska.
Round 6: Jake Coker, QB, Alabama.
Round 6: D.J. White CB, Ga Tech.

Last edited:
You talking about the game or practices? Because he was impressive at the practices (which are what really matter). Both Bill Polian and Louis Riddick praised his work during the week.

I might be wrong but he didn't impress me as anything more than a developmental type guy, somebody that would compare to the guy I just selected in the 6th rd. (Robertson)

BTW, the other guy I was considering was White. he's a steal at this point in the draft.

I might be wrong but he didn't impress me as anything more than a developmental type guy, somebody that would compare to the guy I just selected in the 6th rd. (Robertson)

BTW, the other guy I was considering was White. he's a steal at this point in the draft.

That's the first time I've heard someone reference Dahl as a developmental guy. He started 34 games at a P5 school and played at a very high level, grading out as the top pass protector in college football over the last 2 years. Lance Zierlein sees him as an early contributor and future starter for whoever drafts him. I think he's a poor man's Zack Martin and he actually profiles to an 88% athletic match with Martin. The issue with Dahl for the Texans is he's an OG and that's the one position we seem to have some depth.

Meanwhile, Robertson has only made starts in junior college and Division II. Physically he hits all the measurements with his big frame and long arms, but he has virtually no experience. He's the epitome of a developmental guy. Which is fine and that's why you target him late in the draft. But to compare a guy with 34 starts in the Pac-12 to a guy with 0 starts in Division I is a bit off-base.

That's the first time I've heard someone reference Dahl as a developmental guy. He started 34 games at a P5 school and played at a very high level, grading out as the top pass protector in college football over the last 2 years. Lance Zierlein sees him as an early contributor and future starter for whoever drafts him. I think he's a poor man's Zack Martin and he actually profiles to an 88% athletic match with Martin. The issue with Dahl for the Texans is he's an OG and that's the one position we seem to have some depth.

Meanwhile, Robertson has only made starts in junior college and Division II. Physically he hits all the measurements with his big frame and long arms, but he has virtually no experience. He's the epitome of a developmental guy. Which is fine and that's why you target him late in the draft. But to compare a guy with 34 starts in the Pac-12 to a guy with 0 starts in Division I is a bit off-base.

Good thing is that teams were working Dahl out at C during his pro day. This could be his best position in the NFL. I'm just not that impressed by Dahl and Pac 12 OL in general. I mean Johnstone was one of the better PAC 12 OL and he's a developmental guy at best.

I do like Westerman a bunch, that's one tough dude.

The Texans draft is complete.

1.22 Texans - Andrew Billings, DT Baylor
2-52 Houston - Will Fuller, WR Notre Dame
3-85 Houston - Jihad Ward, DE Illinois
4-119. Houston - Joe Dahl, OG/OC, Washington State
5-159. Houston - Justin Simmons, S Boston College
5-166. Houston - Ka'imi Fairbairn - K, UCLA
6-195. Houston - Antonio Morrison, ILB, Florida

Guys I didn't watch or watch much:

Billings, Ward, Dahl.

I like the rest of the picks just fine but I think we really missed out on an OT. It looks like after the first 3 rounds, the options there really fall off.

I like the rest of the picks just fine but I think we really missed out on an OT. It looks like after the first 3 rounds, the options there really fall off.
This draft really didn't play out well for the Texans. 5 OTs went off the board prior to the Texans first pick. 2 more between their 1st and 2nd. In an actual draft, they could move up or down to target an OT. If that were their desire.

I'm not a fan at all

I mean I would've done things differently such as selected Glasgow in the 3rd and another WR with speed later 5th/6th rd.

But overall this draft hit most of the needs.

1.Best NT in the draft. (Billings) IMHO
2. Fastest WR in the draft (Fuller)
3. Big upgrade over Crick at DE. (Ward) Watt needs all the
help he can get.
4. Dahl- others like him more than I do, maybe he can become a C.
5. Simmons is and athletic S who can cover a TE. I'm OK with a guy like Simmons in the fifth. I would've rather seen Caroo picked here.
5. Fairbairn- Massive upgrade at a positon that has needed it for yrs. No more 105 KR TD's. (This guy is what Fat Randy was supposed to be.
6. Morrsion- I would've gone a different way, but I understand the thinking. Developmental OL/TE with speed,WR with speed (Robertson/ Stephen Anderson or Moritz) type guys.

What would you have done differently?

This draft really didn't play out well for the Texans. 5 OTs went off the board prior to the Texans first pick. 2 more between their 1st and 2nd. In an actual draft, they could move up or down to target an OT. If that were their desire.

This is it. You can't control what you can't control. Like my Bengals draft, I wanted to find a as good a complement WR to AJ Green as I could find with the losses of Sanu and Jones. Lo and behold each round the guy I targeted got taken, twice a pick before me (m*t&e$f#c@ing mussop). I could have settled on someone I wasn't thrilled with for that spot or taken the best talent I could ID at a position that I could use help at, and hence value. I chose value.

5 OT's going before us was rough. I personally would have taken Shon Coleman in the second, but I get guys wanting to take the speedy weapon for our new offense. Also we don't have a consensus on what kind of shape D Brown is going to be in to start the year, and this lead to a bit of a tug of war of opinion. I ultimately don't think we came away with guys that won't help us though, we got some good value, and this just stays a continual build.

I mean I would've done things differently such as selected Glasgow in the 3rd and another WR with speed later 5th/6th rd.

But overall this draft hit most of the needs.

1.Best NT in the draft. (Billings) IMHO- agreed, I'm good with this pick
2. Fastest WR in the draft (Fuller)- but far from the best receiver, I think we could have done better
3. Big upgrade over Crick at DE. (Ward) Watt needs all the
help he can get.- meh, I could get behind this but would much rather have an OT or C
4. Dahl- others like him more than I do, maybe he can become a C.- decent depth here, not bad for 4th
5. Simmons is and athletic S who can cover a TE. I'm OK with a guy like Simmons in the fifth. I would've rather seen Caroo picked here.
5. Fairbairn- Massive upgrade at a positon that has needed it for yrs. No more 105 K
R TD's. (This guy is what Fat Randy was supposed to be.
6. Morrsion- I would've gone a different way, but I understand the thinking. Developmental OL/TE with speed,WR with speed (Robertson/ Stephen Anderson or Moritz) type guys.

What would you have done differently?

My response is listed in your quote for first 4, I like simmons and fairbairn also

I think we could have done better by taking WR first and then best DE second. I don't think NT is a priority for this year but DE is. I would have liked to go Doctson, Johnson and Martin first 3 rounds. I'd even be okay with Coleman if speed was a necessity

Good thing is that teams were working Dahl out at C during his pro day. This could be his best position in the NFL. I'm just not that impressed by Dahl and Pac 12 OL in general.

Problem with Pac-12 OL is that most of the teams run spreads. Same thing with the Big 12. There's a reason most of the top OL are coming from the Big Ten and SEC and it's because they translate better. The general consensus on the top 5 OT's in this draft is (Tunsil, Stanley, Conklin, Decker, and Spriggs). That's 1 SEC and 4 Big Ten OT's right there. That is subject to change next year though as the Pac-12 has 3 very good OT prospects that will come out next year in Zach Banner, Chad Wheeler, and J.J. Dielman.

I mean Johnstone was one of the better PAC 12 OL and he's a developmental guy at best.

I think you're a little crossed up on what developmental actually means. You seem to be tagging any late round prospect with that general tag. That's now Dahl and Johnstone in 2 posts that you've tagged with that label when, in reality, it's the opposite. Both of those guys are much closer to being maxed out than being developmental. Dominique Robertson is developmental. He started 0 games in D1. Tyler Johnstone is not developmental. He was a four-year starter at Oregon. He's pretty much maxed out and the reason his draft grade is so low is because he was originally an athletic edge defender who had a major knee injury that sapped him of that athletic ability that he relied on.

The problem with the Texans draft is that there was no coherent plan. When each of us draft for one of our assigned teams we develop a cohesive plan and strategy going in. For the Texans draft, we each had an individual plan going in but we aren't making the picks individually. It was a group effort. It's 30 plans being shoehorned into 1 and it made the whole thing chaotic and a bit dysfunctional.

Buccaneers select Jake Coker, QB, Alabama

Glennon's contract is up at the end of 2016 and although they've talked about extending it, I don't think they will and I think they'd trade him for a late 3rd or 4th rounder. I still think that will probably happen.

I like Coker to develop behind Winston, once again.
My response is listed in your quote for first 4, I like simmons and fairbairn also

I think we could have done better by taking WR first and then best DE second. I don't think NT is a priority for this year but DE is. I would have liked to go Doctson, Johnson and Martin first 3 rounds. I'd even be okay with Coleman if speed was a necessity
Billings or wilfork can play DE and probably would both start if this were our real draft.

Buccaneers select Jake Coker, QB, Alabama

Glennon's contract is up at the end of 2016 and although they've talked about extending it, I don't think they will and I think they'd trade him for a late 3rd or 4th rounder. I still think that will probably happen.

I like Coker to develop behind Winston, once again.

Billings or wilfork can play DE and probably would both start if this were our real draft.

The problem with the Texans draft is that there was no coherent plan. When each of us draft for one of our assigned teams we develop a cohesive plan and strategy going in. For the Texans draft, we each had an individual plan going in but we aren't making the picks individually. It was a group effort. It's 30 plans being shoehorned into 1 and it made the whole thing chaotic and a bit dysfunctional.
So you're saying it's realistic to an actual Texans draft?

We both had input, for most part that helped push prospects forward.

Texans had a very positive free agent plan they executed. My problem with all this, beginning of O'Brian regime was 2014 draft & how it's impacted this team moving forward into 2016 draft.

My fear is Clowney will never reach expectations but because Texans don't want to lose face bypass another pass rusher, meanwhile JJ Watt time line shortens.

At the same time we have a QB, Franchise LT Duane Brown, late in his career, is coming off of season ending surgery. Not to mention right side has been up in the air since they Eric Winston walked.

Lot of moving parts, this draft looks successful far as filling in much needed depth, not sure about any of them becoming all pro?

If it were me picking I would've gone this direction. Cherrypicking

Rd. 1 Coleman
Rd.2 Shon Coleman
Rd.3 Glasgow
Rd.4. Reader
Rd.5 Lowry
Rd.5 Fairbairn
Rd.6 Best WR or S prospect.

1.Fix the OL with Grade A type prospects
2.Add speed to offense
3. Add a couple of young DL to spell Wilfork and replace Crick.

That looks like a sound plan to me.

Last edited:
Denver isn't done but close enough. I think the draft fell real well for them. Maintain the D (arguably upgrade with Nkemdiche), transition to a full Kubiak O.

1.31 Broncos (infantrycak) - Robert Nkemdiche, DT Mississippi
2-63 Denver (infantrycak) - Dak Prescott, QB Mississippi St.
3-94 Denver (infantrycak) - Miles Killebrew, S Southern Utah
3-98 Denver (infantrycak) - Tyler Higbee, TE Western Kentucky
4-136. Denver (infantrycak) - Caleb Benenoch, OT UCLA
5-144. Denver (infantrycak) - Tyler Ervin, RB St. Jose St.
5-157. Denver (infantrycak) - Josh Forrest, LB Kentucky

If it were me picking I would've gone this direction. Cherrypicking

Rd. 1 Coleman
Rd.2 Shon Coleman
Rd.3 Glasgow
Rd.4. Reader
Rd.5 Lowry
Rd.5 Fairbairn
Rd.6 Best WR or S prospect.

1.Fix the OL with Grade A type prospects
2.Add speed to offense
3. Add a couple of young DL to spell Wilfork and replace Crick.

That looks like a sound plan to me.

Would this be your mock or what you think Texans would do?

I'm so torn on what they should do. I doubt anybody will be happy except the actual picks themselves.

11 more days of torture..... Then reality sets in :barman:

Actually what I would try to do is trade down in the 2nd rd and pick up a 3rd/4th rder. There will be really good OL/DL in the 3rd/4th rd this yr. The one thing I dont want though is trading down and missing out on the guy you want. Jimmy G/Lockett.

What would you do?

Actually what I would try to do is trade down in the 2nd rd and pick up a 3rd/4th rder. There will be really good OL/DL in the 3rd/4th rd this yr. The one thing I dont want though is trading down and missing out on the guy you want. Jimmy G/Lockett.

What would you do?

Trade up for a tackle, but that's just me.

If they stand pat might just take Ryan Kelly. Cleveland (sly watt) got him first pick rd. 2. I think he sneaks into first rd.

Last edited:
Trade up for a tackle, but that's just me.

If they stand pat might just take Ryan Kelly. Cleveland (sly watt) got him first pick rd. 2. I think he sneaks into first rd.

If I'm Houston and I didn't go the way I posted above then I would

Rd.1 Kelly
Rd.2 Coleman
Rd.3 Caroo

Draft another WR with speed later in the draft.

If I'm Houston and I didn't go the way I posted above then I would

Rd.1 Kelly
Rd.2 Coleman
Rd.3 Caroo

Draft another WR with speed later in the draft.

Funny thing about all this who you want, you need to take earlier than you think. Kelly is a solid shot, but doubt Coleman last until 2nd or Caroo in 3rd both really good picks :)

Funny thing about all this who you want, you need to take earlier than you think. Kelly is a solid shot, but doubt Coleman last until 2nd or Caroo in 3rd both really good picks :)

In the TT Mock Draft Shon Coleman lasted until the late 2nd. (Probably wont in the real draft/)

Caroo lasted until the late 4th and I think there's a good chance he lasts til the late 3rd.

Back