Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The Actual And Real 2016 Texans' Talk Mock Draft Extravaganza

He took Higgins last round. Give him Cole Toner - OT, Harvard. That's the next guy on his list.

Done. Y'all are way f'n up my weekend chi.

Wth though? Was in line at the pharmacy today, behind a guy I thought was an 'adult' 15 years older than me - turned out he was a year younger.

I'm still trying to understand 40 about to hit 50

The Tennessee Titans select ...

Tom Hackett, P, Utah

090914-NCAA-Utah-Utes-Tom-Hackett-JW-PI.vresize.1200.675.high.54.jpg

Reactions: JB
Done. Y'all are way f'n up my weekend chi.

Wth though? Was in line at the pharmacy today, behind a guy I thought was an 'adult' 15 years older than me - turned out he was a year younger.

I'm still trying to understand 40 about to hit 50
KIDS.

Shishkabob is up and then the Texans pick

For the sake of keeping things moving since I won't be here, and this late in the draft im a little out of my element just give the Raiders the top dl prospect or kick returner on the board come their pick I'll be back late tonight or tomorrow

Gotsis and Grant both reek of Raider.

Anyone want to decide, big tough Aussie lineman or short bullet fast return guy?

Thanks for selecting for me. Ended up being a chaotic day at work, and I was never able to hop on. Would have messaged someone last night, but it was unexpected what happened today.

Your Houston Texans are on the clock. I guess we'll take nominations through the weekend or until we get a healthy quorum.

I'll nominate Ian Seau, OLB, Nevada. A try hard guy that reminds of John Simon with more athleticism. Great bloodlines (Junior's nephew) and very productive.

16589296-mmmain.jpg

For the Texans I nominate Antonio Morrison, ILB, Florida.

Yes, he's a lunatic. But he might just be that right measure of lunatic.

How about a small school, under the radar, OT that will develop in system.

Nick Ritcher, Richmond, 6-5 300
Father (Jim) played 16 years in NFL, 14 years as starter in Buffalo. Pro day results: 40: 5.25, 5.27 | VJ: 29 | BJ: 8-10 | Short shuttle: 4.80 | Three-cone: 7.39 | Bench: 25

For the Texans I nominate Antonio Morrison, ILB, Florida.

Yes, he's a lunatic. But he might just be that right measure of lunatic.

Uh...
However, teams will have to check into his background due to two arrests (punching bouncer, barking at a police dog/resisting arrest) within five weeks in the summer of 2013.

Yeah, we need some of that. I second the nomination.

Didn't we go thru that with swearinger?

That's fair. How bout plays LB within the gameplan like a man who's not afraid to bark at a police dog.

And yes, there's risk. But it's also the sixth round. Not exactly the land of low-risk, high-reward prospects.

Jason Fanaika DE tops my board, but if we want to take a FLYER, I'd go with Montz Boehringer WR/TE/KR Hybrid with an unusually high risk reward element that Molly mentioned.

How about a small school, under the radar, OT that will develop in system.

Nick Ritcher, Richmond, 6-5 300
Father (Jim) played 16 years in NFL, 14 years as starter in Buffalo. Pro day results: 40: 5.25, 5.27 | VJ: 29 | BJ: 8-10 | Short shuttle: 4.80 | Three-cone: 7.39 | Bench: 25

I've never read or seen Nick Ritcher play but if he's 80% of his dad he's well worth the pick.

I'm not going to weigh in on the Texns pick since New England is picking next. But I really like a couple of WR's for the Texans at this point.

I've never read or seen Nick Ritcher play but if he's 80% of his dad he's well worth the pick.

I'm not going to weigh in on the Texns pick since New England is picking next. But I really like a couple of WR's for the Texans at this point.

yeah seems like a natural Patriot or Bill. watching him led me to another player on Richmond, who lost to North Dakota State game before Carson Wentz returned to win FCS Championship, Jacobi Green. He is a 5'9" 209 hammer, between tackles who runs with urgency & surprising acceleration. Check this video out & tell me what you think? Non factor against NDS, which dominated Richmond, but make no mistake there are FCS players who are real gems & sleepers on these rosters.

Duke game - 27 carries 237 yards 5 TD's

I'll nominate De'Vondre Campbell, OLB from Minnesota. 6-4, 230 and runs a 4.58 forty. Has all the athleticism you want for an edge guy but is raw and needs to be developed. He's a guy you could develop behind John Simon at SLB.

I'll nominate De'Vondre Campbell, OLB from Minnesota. 6-4, 230 and runs a 4.58 forty. Has all the athleticism you want for an edge guy but is raw and needs to be developed. He's a guy you could develop behind John Simon at SLB.

Good Hybrid LB/S prospect. See him more of a coverage guy because of hips & athleticism. Simon just needs to become more dominate with shedding blockers during his pass rush, they would compliment one another & both be core special teams players.

yeah seems like a natural Patriot or Bill. watching him led me to another player on Richmond, who lost to North Dakota State game before Carson Wentz returned to win FCS Championship, Jacobi Green. He is a 5'9" 209 hammer, between tackles who runs with urgency & surprising acceleration. Check this video out & tell me what you think? Non factor against NDS, which dominated Richmond, but make no mistake there are FCS players who are real gems & sleepers on these rosters.

Duke game - 27 carries 237 yards 5 TD's

Looks like a stud to me. Better than any RB not named Miller on the current Texans roster. What rd do you think he goes in?

So, this is where I see us right now, (although I may have Marshall's pick wrong):

Ian Seau, OLB, Nevada: Lucky
Antonio Morrison, ILB, Florida: Mollywhopper, thunderkyss, ThePencilNeck
Bralon Addison, WR, Oregon: JB
Nick Ritcher, OT, Richmond: Beerlover
Montz Boehringer, WR/TE/KR: Marshall
Alex McCalister, OLB: Texian
De'Vondre Campbell, OLB, Minnesota: WolverineFan, bah007
D.J. White, CB, Ga Tech: TexansSeminole

So, right now, it's Antonio Morrison unless we get some more votes or some people switch things around.

My thoughts,

Love the name, Ian Seau, but makes me feel sad. I'm sure everyone is pulling for him to succeed.

Morrison looks small, too small to play ILB in a 3-4. Maybe hybrid safety, but that is pure projection.

Bralon Addison, is a returner first & foremost. Would like to see Fuller be that guy. He is undersized more quick than fast.

Moritz Boehringer, is intriguing. Hell of an upside, could be a homerun both as WR & Kick-off returns.

Alex McCalister, is very long & still has to fill in his frame, takes a while to get to full speed but his long speed is excellent for his size, very athletic.

DeVondre Campbell while not as long as McCalister, he is still long for position. Thing I noticed about him is his footwork, very good, but long term developmental & special teams player.

White is a solid CB prospect no projection here & what does Rick Smith say about DB's? Never have enough.

Pencil me in for Moritz instead of Ritcher. With Fuller (Shepard or Coleman) returning punts, Moritz can impact special teams returning kicks. Let him develop his receiving route tree & see how Texans respond/react to Strong thus covering your bases.

Last edited:
There are still some regulars who haven't chimed in.

Nick Ritcher, OT, Richmond:
Montz Boehringer, WR/TE/KR: Marshall, Beerlover

So, this is where I see us right now, (although I may have Marshall's pick wrong):

Nick Ritcher, OT, Richmond: Beerlover
Montz Boehringer, WR/TE/KR: Marshall

So, right now, it's Antonio Morrison unless we get some more votes or some people switch things around.
At this point I'm willing to take a flyer based on upside potential over expected play, so you've got my pick right.

So beerlover passed on the slot TE he took in his mock for a German workout warrior? I know one Texan who will not be pleased with this.

Back