Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Teddy Bridgewater

I wonder how many of those he can take. If we draft him, we're probably going to find out sooner rather than later.

We get the 6'5" 230lbers killed.

Especially if he keeps rolling to his right with these personnel. :kitten:

In today's NFL that hit would have gotten us a first down, a fine, a new house for Teddy, and just for the hell of it a fine on Kareem and Suh. I don't think he will see many of those hits. That hit was from last season, he was smart and avoided those hits this year.

I'm just amazed at how serious some of you got over teddy bustwater. I was just messing around. Come down from the high horses.

It's all good bro, we all got "a guy" at this point. We have all made our cases now lets just see who they go with, there's really no point in arguing because we technically have only two coaches on the coaching staff lol

[IMGwidthsize=270]http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz308/travismbrown23/b88e13d5-c0f7-4326-b484-0d1095675987.png[/IMG][IMGwidthsize=200]http://childhoodrelived.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/dynomite.jpg%3Fw%3D638[/IMG]

Just too skinny. Won't last 16 games.

In today's NFL that hit would have gotten us a first down, a fine, a new house for Teddy, and just for the hell of it a fine on Kareem and Suh. I don't think he will see many of those hits. That hit was from last season, he was smart and avoided those hits this year.

& we'd still lose our QB for a week or two.... & the guys will be lining up to be the next to welcome him to the NFL.

Holy crap on a cracker, I never really looked at that pic up close. Dam he has some noodle arms. That's a little scary. I can't wait to see what these QB's real measurements are. I have a feeling teddy is going to be way under the current listed weight.

tom-brady-combine.jpg

1-1 if BoB?Rick keep it is going to come down to TB/Bortles.

How many times do you think TB is going to be able to pump 225lbs? Not that lifting has anything to do with playing QB.

1-1 if BoB?Rick keep it is going to come down to TB/Bortles.

How many times do you think TB is going to be able to pump 225lbs? Not that lifting has anything to do with playing QB.

I'm more concerned with his MPH, that has always been a concern along w a high trajectory.

I'm more concerned with his MPH, that has always been a concern along w a high trajectory.
That doesn't matter. 76 texans has posted the rpm of keenum vs newton and said they're even. Now if u think keenum has the same velocity on the ball as newton,then I dunno what to say.

Spiral tightness is more important than rpms. When you throw a tight spiral, it cuts thru wind.

Brady still looks 20 lbs heavier than Bridgewater. Man I hope it's just an optical illusion. I want Bridgewater to be worthy of the number one pick. There is no way I pick him that high if he weighs in under 200lbs. He looks like he's in the low 190s.

So if he just ate garbage for the next few months and weighed in at a fat 201 it would make you feel better?

I understand the concern. It's legitimate. But there is not some magic number on the scale that means a QB won't get injured if he reaches it.

People complain about his size, well he can take a hit.

8340594818_5547ecdf6c_o.gif

In the new NFL, the call from the press box would require he sit out until concussion protocol is completed. His helmet cam off and THEN his head hit the turf.

So if he just ate garbage for the next few months and weighed in at a fat 201 it would make you feel better?

I understand the concern. It's legitimate. But there is not some magic number on the scale that means a QB won't get injured if he reaches it.

Obviously there is no magic number but at 6'3" you don't want a guy who is so frail the wind could break him. You at least wNt him at a manageable weight. And no not some junk food filled soft body either. That is ridiculous.

Obviously there is no magic number but at 6'3" you don't want a guy who is so frail the wind could break him. You at least wNt him at a manageable weight. And no not some junk food filled soft body either. That is ridiculous.

I'm glad that you see that. My point is that 200 lbs is not some magic number.

I think we both understand what the other is saying. I would like Bridgewater to get a little bit thicker if we're taking him #1.

In the new NFL, the call from the press box would require he sit out until concussion protocol is completed. His helmet cam off and THEN his head hit the turf.

I agree with this.
But the other side of the "new NFL" coin is what will allow Bridgewater to become successful.
Because the immediate success that the most recent young QBs have experienced is largely a product of rules-changes how we evaluate "franchise QB" has to change. As recently as 10 years ago we wouldn't even be talking about Bridgewater as a 1-1; but it's 2014 and the game is decidedly different.

So frail the wind could break him? How about Jon Bostic laying the wood. That didnt break his frail azz.

310427.jpg

& we'd still lose our QB for a week or two.... & the guys will be lining up to be the next to welcome him to the NFL.

He finished the game and beat the hell out of Florida. Just a little food for thought.

In the NFL that would have been a push also, not a college blast. QBs are treated like little sisters behind the LOS now.

Holy crap on a cracker, I never really looked at that pic up close. Dam he has some noodle arms. That's a little scary. I can't wait to see what these QB's real measurements are. I have a feeling teddy is going to be way under the current listed weight.

I have a feeling that Teddy, along with every single other QB in the history of the combine, will gain SOME necessary weight and size before the combine.

LOL @ Trapstar. Great choice on JFF pic.

Great read, thanks. I think I like TB more with every QB comparison breakdown that is done. And hate Derek Carr more.

Looks like the scene from The Wire where Omar duct tapes a phone book around his stomach in jail.

Yeah, you guys reaching bad if you don't think Teddy can add 15 to 20 pounds going into the NFL. Reeks of desperation. How come no one ever brings up his mouth surgery from 2013? You try putting on weight if you can't eat correctly. Remember what Watt looked like his rookie season? Night and day.

per Chris Trapasso, FIW

NFL Comparison: Aaron Rodgers

Teddy Bridgewater is the most refined pocket passer in the 2014 class. He possesses a quick, fundamentally sound delivery and almost always has his shoulders square to his target, even if he's on the run.

His frame (6'3'', 205 lbs.), strong but not tremendous arm strength, pinpoint accuracy and unheralded athleticism make him about as close to an Aaron Rodgers clone as possible.

Looks like the scene from The Wire where Omar duct tapes a phone book around his stomach in jail.

Yeah, you guys reaching bad if you don't think Teddy can add 15 to 20 pounds going into the NFL. Reeks of desperation. How come no one ever brings up his mouth surgery from 2013? You try putting on weight if you can't eat correctly. Remember what Watt looked like his rookie season? Night and day.

Some can some can't. Usually guys with really skinny arms like that have a way harder time putting in weight than bigger guys like Watt.

Yes, yes it is. There's nothing in there to scare anyone away from TB. JFF, or BB.

Each has their strengths:
Teddy threw an astonishingly low number of screen passes and handles the blitz extremely well.

Johnny loves the deep ball in or out of the pocket, and has serious issues with the blitz.

Bortles is your middle of the road pick

Carr...is best not even considered.

Things it didn't cover:
TB is your classic pocket passer who is mobile in the pocket, but zero run threat. Not a bad thing, but it's there.

JFF is a true running threat, but might go to it too early.

Bortles is a big guy and won't outrun anybody, but can run over folks over short distance.

It's also hard to judge the competition level these guys face week-in/week-out. All of the three can light it up, but the SoS is wildly different.
JFF (26), TB (103), BB (79) Link

Some can some can't. Usually guys with really skinny arms like that have a way harder time putting in weight than bigger guys like Watt.

The size of a guy's arms have nothing to do with his ability to gain weight. You're on the right track in that bigger guys gain weight easier. But it's because of genetics and the size of their frame. Arm size is irrelevant.

It's also hard to judge the competition level these guys face week-in/week-out. All of the three can light it up, but the SoS is wildly different.

If by "hard to judge" you mean "there's no way we can determine how X QB would have performed against Y competition" then I agree.

But there is certainly a way to judge SoS at face value- the AAC is embarrassing.

The size of a guy's arms have nothing to do with his ability to gain weight. You're on the right track in that bigger guys gain weight easier. But it's because of genetics and the size of their frame. Arm size is irrelevant.

I understand all this but generally speaking guys with really skinny arms have really thin frames.

I understand all this but generally speaking guys with really skinny arms have really thin frames.

Typically yes. Just wanted to make sure we weren't going to make the generalization that arm size is the determining factor.

If the comparisons to Aaron Rodgers are meant to imply that we can draft someone else at the top of the 1st round and then trade back up into the bottom to grab out guy, I'm on board. Not so sure about letting him sit and learn for a couple season, though.

;)

In the interest of saving space I will not be quoting the picture threads, but what does are size have to do with anything. Throwing is a shoulder activity, and usually guys who throw for a living (ie pitchers and quarterbacks) the key is a balance among the muscle groups around the rotator cuff.

If by "hard to judge" you mean "there's no way we can determine how X QB would have performed against Y competition" then I agree.

But there is certainly a way to judge SoS at face value- the AAC is embarrassing.

You should probably dismiss anyone from the big 12 as well then since UCF beat the big 12 champs pretty bad.

And Since Oklahoma beat Alabama you should dismiss the SEC too except for Auburn.

Boom! Killed the top 3 QBs in 2 moves.

In the interest of saving space I will not be quoting the picture threads, but what does are size have to do with anything. Throwing is a shoulder activity, and usually guys who throw for a living (ie pitchers and quarterbacks) the key is a balance among the muscle groups around the rotator cuff.

The problem here is your thinking too much into facts and reality. What you need to do here is it give it the ole full proof eye test and a swift generalization.

Can't wait for ESPN's Gruden Camp with this QB class. We already know Gruden is going to mostly bust JFF's balls about the off-field stuff but it will also be a slurp fest. teddy's should be good since it'll be mostly about breaking plays down.

The whole Strength of Schedule argument is pretty irrelevant in college football in my opinion, and doesn't really factor into my judgement of any of the guys this year. Sure Manziel played against some of the best defenses in CFB, but he also has 3 NFL first rounders on the offensive side of the ball with him. Sure Teddy played a bunch of middling AAC teams, but he really only had one other playmaker on the offense with him in Devonte Parker who I believe grades out as a low 2nd/3rd round talent. These things balance themselves out in my opinion.

Colin Cowherd video addressing the same subject, found it interesting myself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=593yI3rUbPE&desktop_uri=/watch?v=593yI3rUbPE&app=desktop

Who said having skinny arms has anything to do with throwing ability?

Yes, yes it is. There's nothing in there to scare anyone away from TB. JFF, or BB.

Each has their strengths:
Teddy threw an astonishingly low number of screen passes and handles the blitz extremely well.

Johnny loves the deep ball in or out of the pocket, and has serious issues with the blitz.

Bortles is your middle of the road pick

Carr...is best not even considered.

Things it didn't cover:
TB is your classic pocket passer who is mobile in the pocket, but zero run threat. Not a bad thing, but it's there.

JFF is a true running threat, but might go to it too early.

Bortles is a big guy and won't outrun anybody, but can run over folks over short distance.

Manziel having great deep ball accuracy is pretty interesting; he might be better-suited for a vertical offense that would let him eat chunks of yardage on the ground with his running ability. Considering they have Jerome Simpson, Jennings, and Patterson, Manziel might be best-suited for Minnesota.

Back