Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Sage is our man

I went back and read Kubiaks quotes in the chronicle article linked in this thread.

These are the quotes attributed to Kubiak.

"We had an opportunity early to make some big plays and be very productive, but we didn't do it," Kubiak said. "It was disappointing.

and

"You have an agenda, something you want to accomplish. We had some opportunities to get off to a great start, but we didn't handle those situations."

Someone needs to show me where Kubiak singled out Carr as not playing well.

Kubiak isn't shy about naming names, he does not name Carr here.

"We had an opportunity to make big plays".... I don't see where he even specified whether they were offensive or defensive opportunities. The writer took the liberty to assume Kubiak was discussing Carr...:penalty:

"We had some opportunities to get off to a great start" again the writer takes the liberty to assume Kubiak was discussing Carr...:penalty:

Ever think that just maybe Kubiak was referring to defenders being out of position, receivers running the wrong routes, linemen missing key blocks, uhhh...noooooo.

According to the reporter, and a few prolific posters on this MB, its gotta be Carrs fault...:dangit:

QB controversy? I doubt there is one in Kubiaks mind.

"If you're a good player in this league and you think a lot of your ability, you always (want) that opportunity to be a starter," Kubiak said. "(Rosenfels) knows his role, but he goes out every day trying to prove that he's good enough to be a starter — if not on this team, then somewhere in this league.

"Sage is very competitive. He's always under control. He's a good leader who understands football. That's why he performs well when he gets the opportunity."

"He (Rosenfels) knows his role." What is in this statement that makes Carr bashers think there is a controversy?

:coffee:

cuppacoffee said:
I went back and read Kubiaks quotes in the chronicle article linked in this thread.

"We had an opportunity early to make some big plays and be very productive, but we didn't do it," Kubiak said. "It was disappointing.

and

"You have an agenda, something you want to accomplish. We had some opportunities to get off to a great start, but we didn't handle those situations."

"We had an opportunity to make big plays".... I don't see where he even specified whether they were offensive or defensive opportunities. The writer took the liberty to assume Kubiak was discussing Carr...:penalty:

"We had some opportunities to get off to a great start" again the writer takes the liberty to assume Kubiak was discussing Carr...:penalty:

Ever think that just maybe Kubiak was referring to defenders being out of position, receivers running the wrong routes, linemen missing key blocks, uhhh...noooooo.

According to the reporter, and a few prolific posters on this MB, its gotta be Carrs fault...:dangit:

"If you're a good player in this league and you think a lot of your ability, you always (want) that opportunity to be a starter," Kubiak said. "(Rosenfels) knows his role, but he goes out every day trying to prove that he's good enough to be a starter — if not on this team, then somewhere in this league.

"Sage is very competitive. He's always under control. He's a good leader who understands football. That's why he performs well when he gets the opportunity."

"He (Rosenfels) knows his role." What is in this statement that makes Carr bashers think there is a controversy?

Shhhhhhhh...no logical posts allowed in here...J/K

texan279 said:
You do realize that Peek and Babin played in the 4-3 in college right?

You do realize the talent pool is spread out a bit more in college?? We signed Weaver to play strongside DE...... Babin and Peek both IMHO are perfect for weekside DE........ just like John Abraham, & Dwight Freeney.

Then we go and Draft Mario Williams....... we gotta put him somewhere.

& again, I have to ask you what was I responding to when I posted that, because you don't appear to know...... understand.

No second teamer on this team from last year has earned a starting spot due to outperforming last years starters....... we have starters moving around...... which Capers more than likely would have done...... given his track record. & we have FAs and Draft picks assuming starting roles...... no where have we seen any of this competition that Kubiak has brought to our offseason producing anything other than what Kapers would have done.

TJ might start, beating who?? Weaver at Tackle........ a position we didn't bring him in to play.

Wand might start........ but his only competition is a Rookie who everyone(other than me) thinks will get the starting spot.

So what am I missing?? do you think Babin/Peek are going to start over Mario & Weaver?? c'mon.....

Jwwillis said:
Leave it alone man. You can't win with logic.

what argument is he trying to win??

c'mon use your superior command of logic to tell me what argument he is trying to win.

thunderkyss said:
You do realize the talent pool is spread out a bit more in college?? We signed Weaver to play strongside DE...... Babin and Peek both IMHO are perfect for weekside DE........ just like John Abraham, & Dwight Freeney.

Then we go and Draft Mario Williams....... we gotta put him somewhere.

& again, I have to ask you what was I responding to when I posted that, because you don't appear to know...... understand.

No second teamer on this team from last year has earned a starting spot due to outperforming last years starters....... we have starters moving around...... which Capers more than likely would have done...... given his track record. & we have FAs and Draft picks assuming starting roles...... no where have we seen any of this competition that Kubiak has brought to our offseason producing anything other than what Kapers would have done.

TJ might start, beating who?? Weaver at Tackle........ a position we didn't bring him in to play.

Wand might start........ but his only competition is a Rookie who everyone(other than me) thinks will get the starting spot.

So what am I missing?? do you think Babin/Peek are going to start over Mario & Weaver?? c'mon.....

This is what you said in the post I responded to...

TJ, Babin, Peek, Payne, Orr..... etc.. will be moving to the second team, because of the personell differences between the 3-4 & the 4-3. Not because they were outperformed by someone who won a spot in TC.

You said Babin and Peek will be moved to second team because of the differences between the 3-4 and 4-3, not because they were outperformed. I simply responded by saying they both played in the 4-3 in college, so it's not like something new they have never seen before. Apparently you do not understand.

cuppacoffee said:

and

c'mon...... I agree he isn't talking about Carr alone, but it all starts with David... after the ball is snapped, he is the one with the ball... he's the one that has to do something with it.

Surely he isn't talking about Carr alone, but Kubiak hasn't put Carr above the rest of the team the way Capers did. When he says they screwed up, he means everybody on the field.
cuppacoffee said:

If the Coach thinks the #2 guy should be starting, then the #2 guy starts....... unless the owner is JerryJones, or Dan Snyder......... There is no controversy, because the #2 guy is starting.

It is a controversy when the fans want the #2 guy to start, and the coach won't budge.

texan279 said:
This is what you said in the post I responded to...

You said Babin and Peek will be moved to second team because of the differences between the 3-4 and 4-3, not because they were outperformed. I simply responded by saying they both played in the 4-3 in college, so it's not like something new they have never seen before. Apparently you do not understand.

is there another reason why Babin/Peek will end up on the second team?? Did they lose their spot to a DE we had on our team last year??

We needed a strong side DE...... we went and got Weaver in FA..... that moves Peek(IMHO) to the second team...... not because he got outplayed by anyone, but because our two DEs Babin & Peek are too small to play strongside DE......

Then we go and draft Mario..... another DE........ Babin get's bumped to the second team.... sure, we experimented with Weaver at tackle, but TJ proved to be a better tackle than Weaver, so that moves Weaver back to DE, and Babin back to the bench.

I understand you have a grasp of what I said. But you don't seem to understand why I said what I said. You think I don't know crap..... so you tell me Babin & Peek played DE in 4-3 college programs..... but that had absolutely nothing to do with the argument I was in before you butted in.

Babin and Peek lost their starting jobs because of the differences between the 4-3 and the 3-4..... so far....

chances are, our team would be better with Mario on the strong side, and either Babin or Peek on the weekside...... then we'll have a situation where Babin/Peek beats out a guy who wasn't on our team last year.

Still, that doesn't hurt my argument..... this "competition at every position" coachspeak hasn't produced any starters who wouldn't have started last year.

If Sanders starts over PBuch, that would be something....

thunderkyss said:
is there another reason why Babin/Peek will end up on the second team?? Did they lose their spot to a DE we had on our team last year??

We needed a strong side DE...... we went and got Weaver in FA..... that moves Peek(IMHO) to the second team...... not because he got outplayed by anyone, but because our two DEs Babin & Peek are too small to play strongside DE......

Then we go and draft Mario..... another DE........ Babin get's bumped to the second team.... sure, we experimented with Weaver at tackle, but TJ proved to be a better tackle than Weaver, so that moves Weaver back to DE, and Babin back to the bench.

I understand you have a grasp of what I said. But you don't seem to understand why I said what I said. You think I don't know crap..... so you tell me Babin & Peek played DE in 4-3 college programs..... but that had absolutely nothing to do with the argument I was in before you butted in.

Babin and Peek lost their starting jobs because of the differences between the 4-3 and the 3-4..... so far....

chances are, our team would be better with Mario on the strong side, and either Babin or Peek on the weekside...... then we'll have a situation where Babin/Peek beats out a guy who wasn't on our team last year.

Still, that doesn't hurt my argument..... this "competition at every position" coachspeak hasn't produced any starters who wouldn't have started last year.

If Sanders starts over PBuch, that would be something....

I didn't "butt into anything", this is a public messageboard where anyone can post anywhere. If you had explained your original case for Babin and Peek being moved to the second team to where someone could understand it, I would not have responded. Once again, your opriginal post...

TJ, Babin, Peek, Payne, Orr..... etc.. will be moving to the second team, because of the personell differences between the 3-4 & the 4-3. Not because they were outperformed by someone who won a spot in TC.

Now you say they will be moved to the second team because of Weaver and Mario playing DE. That has absolutely nothing to do with "personnel changes between the 3-4 and 4-3", which is what you said. It has everything to do with 2 guys being brought in who are better at DE than Babin and Peek if Weaver earns the starting DE spot. Babin and Peek, if they both lose their starting jobs, do not lose them because "of the differences between the 4-3 and the 3-4" as you say, but because Weaver and Mario are better DE's than Peek and Babin. I have no idea why the 3-4 is even being discussed in regard to our 4-3 DE's.

And you said "You still think I don't know crap". Please lead me to where I ever said this or post a quote of where I posted this, because I never said anything like that. You shouldn't assume things.

Superior logic has been deemed "unfair" and is not allowed on the message board. It's more fun without it anyway.

This message has been brought to you by :homer: and :chicken:.

Thank you.

texan279 said:
I didn't "butt into anything", this is a public messageboard where anyone can post anywhere. If you had explained your original case for Babin and Peek being moved to the second team to where someone could understand it, I would not have responded. Once again, your opriginal post...

Now you say they will be moved to the second team because of Weaver and Mario playing DE. That has absolutely nothing to do with "personnel changes between the 3-4 and 4-3", which is what you said. It has everything to do with 2 guys being brought in who are better at DE than Babin and Peek if Weaver earns the starting DE spot. Babin and Peek, if they both lose their starting jobs, do not lose them because "of the differences between the 4-3 and the 3-4" as you say, but because Weaver and Mario are better DE's than Peek and Babin. I have no idea why the 3-4 is even being discussed in regard to our 4-3 DE's.

And you said "You still think I don't know crap". Please lead me to where I ever said this or post a quote of where I posted this, because I never said anything like that. You shouldn't assume things.

Try readint what I quoted, and put that together with what I said. they go together.... you butted in and started into arguing with me.. it don't matter what I say, you for some reason want to argue with me, without looking at the facts.... or the whole argument..... watch....

The sky is blue......

& Babin & Peek have outplayed Mario & Weaver as DE....... but that's a whole nother argument.

thunderkyss said:
Try readint what I quoted, and put that together with what I said. they go together.... you butted in and started into arguing with me.. it don't matter what I say, you for some reason want to argue with me, without looking at the facts.... or the whole argument..... watch....

The sky is blue......

& Babin & Peek have outplayed Mario & Weaver as DE....... but that's a whole nother argument.

For the second time, I did not butt in, this is a public forum where we are allowed to post thoughts and opinions, you act as if I butted into a private conversation. Second, I never started an argument, I only stated that Babin and Peek played in the 4-3 in college and you went off. Third I see no facts, just your opinion that if Babin and Peek lose the starting DE spot it is "not because they were outplayed in camp" as you said, which is your opinion unless you have some inside info. Fourth, I read what you posted several times and still do not understand the correlation between Peek and Babin losing their starting spots as 4-3 DE's and the 3-4 defense. Fifth, you say I want to start arguments, as I posted already, all I posted was that Babin and Peek played in the 4-3 in college and you went off, seems to me you take things way too personal for some reason...watch.

thunderkyss said:

The sky is blue......

The sky is NOT blue!!!! :brickwall

It's black, dude. It's dark outside. :)

....oh, was I interupting?

SESupergenius said:
Yes and I apologize to xtruroyaltyx because I thought since he was a mod of this thread that he yanked it. It's that damned Kaiser Toro! There's no fun when he's around. :crutch:

Im not a mod; and the whole thing was silly because I wasn't even arguing against what you were saying and thats why I chose to leave it alone...But it's all good...

Non-moderators can yank other's posts? You mean I could've been tickin' people off all this time? :lightbulb:

HJam72 said:
The sky is NOT blue!!!! :brickwall

It's black, dude. It's dark outside. :)

....oh, was I interupting?

interrupt all you want, this is a public forum. but if you join an argument, stay on topic.

Why did we go after a DE in FA?? Was it because ours weren't any good, or was it because we didn't have one that would fit the 4-3 Strongside DE mold?? So since we switched to the 4-3, and got a DE in FA, Peek lost his starting job. We haven't even got to OTAs yet.... nobody beat anybody out of anything. Weaver fits the mold of a 4-3 strongside DE...... he starts. period. So we draft Mario Williams..... coach wants to use him primarily at strongside, so we move Weaver inside... but TJ plays better at tackle than Weaver, so we move Weaver back to strongside, we have to move Williams to the weekside....... Babin looses his starting job. Had we stayed with the 3-4, both Babin & Peek would be starting on the outside, Mario & TJ would be the DEs, and Seth would be our NoseTackle.

Jwwillis said:
There are many players who were 1st last yr. that wont be this year because they have been out played/practiced IN PRE-SEASON. Its because he is the QB that people are making a big deal out of it being pre-season.

thunderkyss said:

Jwwillis said:
I want to make the list long for you so wait till opening day. Count last years starters against the new starting line-up. You can answer your own question. Some of the 1's are on other teams, hell Walker was released and not picked up as far as i know. Some that started at some point last year will be on the team as 2's (peek,babin,pane, maybe Orr etc.). Bottom line all the moves will be made before the season starts. Nobody's gonna cry foul in there case! I AM a Carr supporter and always have been but I can't stand the blinders people put on when it comes to competition for the position of QB.

thunderkyss said:
Your previous post made it sound like you saw some second teamers get promoted to the first team this year. The only one I think comes close to that, would be Wand. If Wand starts, then that would prove Capers was screwing around with our talent. IF Spencer Starts, that proves Capers was right, and Wand doesn't deserve to start on an NFL team.

TJ may have won a starting job...... but he didn't really replace anyone...... if nothing else, Weaver moves back outside, and Babin looses his job due to moving to a 4-3 defense.

Overall, our starters will be starters from last year, or people we brought in to start..... not necessarily because of the bad play or lack of talent of our guys, but more because we were missing a particular type of player. Weaver..... a true strong side defensive end, and Cowart a middle Linebacker, and Flanagan a Center....

texan279 said:
You do realize that Peek and Babin played in the 4-3 in college right?
Do you see how the "Peek & Babin played in a 4-3 in college" argument doesn't fit in the "People are loosing positions due to being outplayed" argument??

A better argument would be to tell me who outplayed Babin, and who outplayed Antwoin. Heck, I played DE in college....... but that information is irrelevant, because it has nothing to do with the argument.

thunderkyss said:
interrupt all you want, this is a public forum. but if you join an argument, stay on topic.

Why did we go after a DE in FA?? Was it because ours weren't any good, or was it because we didn't have one that would fit the 4-3 Strongside DE mold?? So since we switched to the 4-3, and got a DE in FA, Peek lost his starting job. We haven't even got to OTAs yet.... nobody beat anybody out of anything. Weaver fits the mold of a 4-3 strongside DE...... he starts. period. So we draft Mario Williams..... coach wants to use him primarily at strongside, so we move Weaver inside... but TJ plays better at tackle than Weaver, so we move Weaver back to strongside, we have to move Williams to the weekside....... Babin looses his starting job. Had we stayed with the 3-4, both Babin & Peek would be starting on the outside, Mario & TJ would be the DEs, and Seth would be our NoseTackle.

Do you see how the "Peek & Babin played in a 4-3 in college" argument doesn't fit in the "People are loosing positions due to being outplayed" argument??

A better argument would be to tell me who outplayed Babin, and who outplayed Antwoin. Heck, I played DE in college....... but that information is irrelevant, because it has nothing to do with the argument.

It wasn't an argument, I was stating a fact. In fact, you said guys like Babin and Peek would be losing starting positions "not because of being outplayed" but "because of personnel differences between the 4-3 and the 3-4". So your side had nothing to do with anyone being "outplayed", go back and read what you wrote...

So do you see how me stating Babin and Peek played the 4-3 in college has to relate with what you said...

TJ, Babin, Peek, Payne, Orr..... etc.. will be moving to the second team, because of the personell differences between the 3-4 & the 4-3. Not because they were outperformed by someone who won a spot in TC

I honestly do not know how I can make it any clearer.

I think they are going to second team because a little of both..Peek is on Second team because he is just a pass rusher, and Babin got moved because weaver needed to start at DE

texan279 said:
There are two reasons these guys would be moved to the second team, Mario Williams and Anthony Weaver.

If we stayed with a 3-4, we wouldn't have signed Weaver...... Mario would be a DE, Babin & Peek would still be starting.........

But since we went to a 4-3, we needed a bigger DE to play on the strong side. we ended up getting two.. we spent too much money to put weaver or Mario on the bench....... I haven't seen the practices, but Babin & Peek are still our best DEs..... our best line up, would be a 3-4 front.... Peek, Mario, Seth, TJ, Babin. But our best 4-3 would be Peek, Mario, TJ, Babin. From what I've seen so far.

this went from being a sage rosenfels thread to a defensive line thread :challenge

i dont care what happens and who plays where as long as we are tallying up the W's

TexanFanInCC said:
this went from being a sage rosenfels thread to a defensive line thread :challenge

i dont care what happens and who plays where as long as we are tallying up the W's[/QUOTE

AMEN

Ug this whole post has gone south. Im done with it. Some Carr fans think healthy competition at QB is good for Carr. Is this so earth shattering? All other postions are earned why not Carrs?

Did you read todays article in the chron?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4132264.html

Does it seem to you starting postions have ben handed out for the rest of the team? And that the line up will be the same guys as last year? I want Carr to succeed as much as the next guy, but after 4 going on 5yrs its time to keep an open mind. MANY will agree this is a make or break year for Carr and its not beause of 2 pre-season games.

Jwwillis said:
Ug this whole post has gone south. Im done with it. Some Carr fans think healthy competition at QB is good for Carr. Is this so earth shattering? All other postions are earned why not Carrs?

Does it seem to you starting postions have ben handed out for the rest of the team? And that the line up will be the same guys as last year? I want Carr to succeed as much as the next guy, but after 4 going on 5yrs its time to keep an open mind. MANY will agree this is a make or break year for Carr and its not beause of 2 pre-season games.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Jwwillis said:

...good post, but you've got to 'toned' down the logic, as some people prefer what is called 'TUNNEL VISION.' j/k, nice post

I'm not going as far to say Rosenfels isn't the QB but I sure hope they convince themselves Carr isn't before the move..

I could live with Sage cleaning up a few games in mop duty or coming in if Carr has a bad game.Were going to find us a QB and Carr just happens to be first which may not be the best position to be in in a new offense.

Another thing is Carr has a totally clean slate and the other 4 years are under the rug.He will be judged under this staff for what he's done in there system.:whip:

Jwwillis said:

Healthy competition is good. The only problem I see going on around here is an assumption by some that the only way to have a competition is for Sage to start a pre-season game or that only the preseason games themselves count. There has been competition going on thru the entire off-season of OTA's, mini-camps and TC. Without any information to the contrary and with several statements and actions by Kubiak my belief is Kubiak is entertaining competition at every spot but still believes Carr has earned the starting job at this point vs. Sage or he would change the line-up. That doesn't just mean in the two preseason games but thru the entire offseason. He knows (and frankly everyone around here should know) you don't come in and install a new offense and try to coach any player to starting thinking and acting differently and have it instantly click--it is going to naturally speed the game up again thinking about the new techniques and system. Real play time against real competition is where the click is going to come if it ever does.

Jwwillis said:

I am not a Carr fan......... I repeat I am not a Carr fan....

but there isn't, never has been, and never should've been any kinda competition whatsoever for the starting QB spot. The job is his to lose, and has been since he's been on this team. Kubiak made it clear that David is our guy, and he's going to do everything he can to make him successful. Since he came to Houston, Kubiak has not been shy about letting us know his goal is to get the Houston Texans to the SuperBowl with David Carr as the starting QB.

Now. onto these other open competition spots. Who will start........ or who has the opportunity to start that Capers would not have started?? Who has earned their starting spot??

IMHO McKinney is going to start..... & so will Pitts, unless he's got attitude with Kubiak. Bottom Line, Pitts is better than McKinney, McKinney is better than Weary........ granted Weary is playing well, & probably would start on another team.

Wand, I think, is the only player in Capers' doghouse who has a shot at starting. But basically, he has to beat out someone who was not on the team last year....... a rookie.

Hogdon won't start...... didn't have a chance in Hades....

We are going to go with last year's starters, and FAs we brought in to start, just like we've done for the last 4 years.

From John Mcclains blog:

Something I'm wondering about after two preseason games: What if Sage Rosenfels continues to look more comfortable than Carr in Kubiak's offense? Would Kubiak bench Carr and play Rosenfels after he convinced owner Bob McNair that Carr was good enough to lead the Texans to the Super Bowl? It's too early to have a quarterback controversy, but it's clear that Rosenfels is very confident and comfortable in this system. I asked Kubiak Sunday if the Rams continued to come after Rosenfels the way they got after Carr on blitzes, and he said yes.

We'll keep a close eye on this one, of course. It's been a loooooooog time since a Houston NFL team has had a genuine quarterback controversy.

Blog

LIKE I SAID PLEASE END THE THREAD MODERATORS, Carr is our QB, so anyone that does not like it is free to find another team that suits your needs at the QB position and move on with life.....Like I said before please give David One Chance under Kubiak, it won't kill all of you, to do that.....One thing is for sure all of us on here have one thing in common, we love our Texans, and want them to win, so what ever is best for the team only time will tell, just pray for our players, that they stay healthy this season, and we have an exciting year to look forward to, so far the future looks great...

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS said:
LIKE I SAID PLEASE END THE THREAD MODERATORS, Carr is our QB, so anyone that does not like it is free to find another team that suits your needs at the QB position and move on with life.....Like I said before please give David One Chance under Kubiak, it won't kill all of you, to do that.....One thing is for sure all of us on here have one thing in common, we love our Texans, and want them to win, so what ever is best for the team only time will tell, just pray for our players, that they stay healthy this season, and we have an exciting year to look forward to, so far the future looks great...

Here, Here...

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS said:

Why are you protecting David Carr so much after two mediocore performances? Last time I looked it's a free country, and some of us report what we see. I agree some are looking for anything to bash him on, but let's face it, his first two performances were underwhelming, while Sage was better, although far from perfect himself. So, we can debate other postitions, but not QB. Maybe we should check with you from now on before we discuss what we are allowed to debate.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS said:

Sage is also our QB.....we don't owe david any more chances. I want to win...feel free to disagree on how to get there, but im not going to stop talking about benching carr because you like the guy...feel free to find another team if you don't like the way this one's fanbase acts.

Porky said:
From John Mcclains blog:

Something I'm wondering about after two preseason games: What if Sage Rosenfels continues to look more comfortable than Carr in Kubiak's offense? Would Kubiak bench Carr and play Rosenfels after he convinced owner Bob McNair that Carr was good enough to lead the Texans to the Super Bowl? It's too early to have a quarterback controversy, but it's clear that Rosenfels is very confident and comfortable in this system. I asked Kubiak Sunday if the Rams continued to come after Rosenfels the way they got after Carr on blitzes, and he said yes.

We'll keep a close eye on this one, of course. It's been a loooooooog time since a Houston NFL team has had a genuine quarterback controversy.

Blog
I watched the game last night and after reading the threads on this board I came thinking the same thing, Sage didn't have as near the pressure that Carr idid. But I will give Sage credit he did make a couple of throws that were great, but he did miss a couple as well, one for what looked like an int. The pressure that Carr got as compared to Sage was like night and day, from the get go Carr had people coming in at him, Sage had some every once in a while but the pocket still held. So they may have come after Sage the same way, but they didn't get near him. When Carr stood in under the pressure and found his open man, guess what, Chavous ate his lunch. Sage never got that kind of pressure.

It's not even a debate, it's called the truth, you, I, and everyone else on this board are just fans, not the coaches, nor the managment, they make the call, not us, and as for right now Porky, David is the reflection of the Houston Texans, until Kubiak say's differently.... So in the meantime stop being negative , and Pray for our players and coaches, that they will make the right call when the time comes.......If Carr does not preform in week 1 by all means replace him, whatever is best for the team is what I wrote about, it's not about liking one over another, it's about team and team only whatever it takes to get the job done:redtowel:

Jwwillis said:

It's not a Carr love or hate thing, you just don't go getting competition every year at the QB positions unless you are not looking to become inconsistant. We made an investment in Carr, backed by the coaching staff and I'd like to see that after one year, not after 2 preseason games where the competition between the two is like night and day. And why is everyone so quick to pull the plug on Carr when Denver took a couple years to straighten out Plummer, who in parallel came from an atrocious team and led them to the playoffs? Get back to me soom with an answer to that one folks.

Why do some get so touchy about this subject? There is no QB controversy, only a few here that like to stir the pot to make it seem like there is one. It's still the preseason, we are winning games as a team, and we have seen vast improvement in several areas. We should all be celebrating. :chicken:

You don't replace David Carr if he doesn't perform well in the first game of the season. This is the guy that this franchise has invested in and who Kubiak strongly supported when he was first hired.

This team is learning a completely new style offense and defense. There are going to be some bumps in the road, but it won't be nowhere near as bad as last years catastrophe. I think you'll see steady improvement and David emerge as the leader of this team and elevate his play to a probowl level.

SESupergenius said:
I watched the game last night and after reading the threads on this board I came thinking the same thing, Sage didn't have as near the pressure that Carr idid. But I will give Sage credit he did make a couple of throws that were great, but he did miss a couple as well, one for what looked like an int. The pressure that Carr got as compared to Sage was like night and day, from the get go Carr had people coming in at him, Sage had some every once in a while but the pocket still held. So they may have come after Sage the same way, but they didn't get near him. When Carr stood in under the pressure and found his open man, guess what, Chavous ate his lunch. Sage never got that kind of pressure.

On top of that Sage had Morency doing some nice blocking in the backfield. Carr had Lundy who missed a block or two. I'm not going to say one did better than the other, as it was just an observation of mine.:twocents:

SESupergenius said:
It's not a Carr love or hate thing, you just don't go getting competition every year at the QB positions unless you are not looking to becoming consistant. We made an investment in Carr, backed by the coaching staff and I'd like to see that after one year, not after 2 preseason games where the competition between the two is like night and day. And why is everyone so quick to pull the plug on Carr when Denver took a couple years to straighten out Plummer, who in parallel came from an atrocious team and led them to the playoffs? Get back to me soom with an answer to that one folks.

1) Carr has never had competition
2) Carr is not a rookie
3) Consistent in what ? Losing ? thats all we've been consistent in doing
4) and it's not just the pre-season, it's his whole tenure in the leauge thats being added into it

It's nothing wrong with competition...Especially at one of the weakest, least productive positions on the team...

No one is saying that Carr doesn't deserve his shot, and I understand the whole QB of the future thing, but it's JMO that the best QB should play, and right now there are questions about that...

texan279 said:
Why do some get so touchy about this subject? There is no QB controversy, only a few here that like to stir the pot to make it seem like there is one. It's still the preseason, we are winning games as a team, and we have seen vast improvement in several areas. We should all be celebrating. :chicken:

*raises hand*

I've been celebrating.

texan279 said:
Why do some get so touchy about this subject? There is no QB controversy, only a few here that like to stir the pot to make it seem like there is one. It's still the preseason, we are winning games as a team, and we have seen vast improvement in several areas. We should all be celebrating.

Why is QB off limits but we can talk about all the other postion battles...get....outta....town....

texan279 said:

Thank-you for posting this, some people rather complain, than be happy for our team and new coaching staff, we are winning and that's all that matters, It does not matter who is at the helm, just as long as we win and stay healthy this year........:yahoo: but I'm sure someone will disagree with me and you anyway....

Back