Sage is our man

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by the wonger need food, Aug 19, 2006.

1. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

David Carr is David Carr no matter what offensive system you put him in. Rosenfels looks like a 5 year veteran and Carr still looks like a rookie. Bring all the excuses you want for the face of the franchise, but Sage will be starting by week 6.

bigcarlos likes this.
  2. BigDTexansFan

BigDTexansFan All Pro

ALERT ESPN, Houston Sports Media anyone else you can think of David Carr faces 1st team defense and Sage sees 2nd or 3rd D's, but you have him already to start against 1st team D's rest of season. I wish I was as much of a genius as you are:pigfly: . I think I will wait for rest of lynch mob to arrive with the torches and ropes thanks anyways:sarcasm:

3. TFL

TFL Veteran

10/17 for 99 yards, and their D was making him hurry alot becuase of the o-line and RB not picking up the blitz in the first couple of series. I don't see why you are saying Carr looked like a rookie he didn't do bad.

4. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I thought David Carr played well. He did seem kind of jitterish but his play improved as the 1st half went on. The first two series' weren't good, but he didn't play poorly by any means. I believe Carr is the man. Kubiak probably thinks so too.

5. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

I was going to tell you to stuff it ... but Sage has thrown some beautiful balls this game.

My jury's still out on this one (Sage vs. second team, Carr vs. first team, big difference in playcalling for both Rams D and Texans O in two halves) but Sage is impressing at this point.

6. the wonger need food

Sage has a much better understanding of this offense and looks a lot more comfortable. He will take Carr's job before this season is over.

7. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Wasn't there just a 20+ page thread on this earlier this week?

8. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

I will agree that he looks more comfortable at this point. I wouldn't say he has any better "understanding." Even still, Carr was seeing a ton more pressure in the first half. It's too much apples to oranges at this point.

9. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

And there will be this week.

10. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

Hey Mr. Insider Guy :) ...... it'll be 30+ this week ...

11. BradK10

BradK10 Hall of Fame

then get ready to lose football games

12. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

I think we can safely say that if Sage is the Man, then Kubiak will start him. I think Kubiak has made his position on favortism very clear.

13. cbnjwill

cbnjwill Veteran

sage really looks good and carr looks like he normally does inconsistent and eractic, but carr doesnt have to worry for awhile anyway about his job the texans want him to do well. they are gonna give him plenty of opportunity. but so far through two game sage looks to be the better qb. thought peek and morency looked really good.peek is there best pass rusher that guy can make plays had two sacks and batted a pass in the air that williams should have intercepted.

14. the wonger need food

Agreed. Unlike Capers, Kubiak's number one priority is winning football games.

15. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

It's almost weird watching our games so far. I'm so used to seeing gym class football from the boys in white. My craw of PE teacher could have called better plays than Palmer and Pendry did. All of this winning-style NFL play calling, intelligent personnel decisions ... it's still like something out of a dream. That sounds corny but it's not meant to be; it's true. I watch our games with this irrational fear in the back of my mind, afraid I'll wake up in 2005 and I'll be back to watching Capersball.

16. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Starters are starters and 2 and 3 string guys are 2 and 3 string guys, come with all the reasons why Sage would be starting, I guess you just forget about this.

Okay you only have 2 more weeks to convince us.:ok:

17. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I won't say that it feels like a dream, but I get where you're coming from. Having an actual NFL offense that moves the ball and isn't predictable is nice.

18. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Because they dont like him and it bugs the (you know) what out of them that they dont all agree.

David played very well PERIOD, some of you CRACK ME UP.

19. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Bets NOW, you WILL have a AVATAR of David that I pick and next to it you will say I am sorry!

If the other way goes down I will apologize to you and say that you were right and I was wrong.

DEAL?

20. BradK10

BradK10 Hall of Fame

Couldn't have said it better myself. I felt my Pop Warner dads I helped coach could have done better than last year. Not once...not a SINGLE DAMNED TIME was I ever confident going into a game with that incompetent coaching staff before a Texans game. Now, I love it. We've got intelligent football guys who know what they are doin.