Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Preseason Game 3 Thread: Texans @ Broncos

Luv_ya_blue said:
Tackles, Sacks, or Hurries...for MW?
Info please.
:mario: :mario: :mario: :mario:

Mario had 2 tackles. Doubling his performance every week. By week 5 he should get around 128 tackles in that game.

Marcus said:
Some of you sad sacks could a perspective injection. Look at how bad a football team we were last season. We had actually held our own against a pretty good football team out there. There is a big difference between now and then, if you'll just take the Carr Sucks glasses off.

Give them a little time. I know they aren't going 13-3 like Ibar is predicting, but geeez . . .

I have the Texans going 7 wins this season. Of course, I would love it if they get 8. Anyhow, I know this team is leaps and bounds better this year. And I would never expect a 13-3 season but I love the direction they are headed.

veazeyt said:
I have the Texans going 7 wins this season. Of course, I would love it if they get 8. Anyhow, I know this team is leaps and bounds better this year. And I would never expect a 13-3 season but I love the direction they are headed.

7 sounds pretty reasonable to me from what ive seen in the preseason, i think a titans sweep should be a lock, they look to be a mess.

Well, with that first down it looks like a win is out of sight, but what a valliant effort today against a very good team.

No big deal. It was nice to see the Texans play (on defense) like they care. This entire preseason has been like that. Last year I just couldn't get behind them while they went through the motions "zombie style" in Capers/Pendrys/Fangios system(s). This year it looks like I'll be following an actual "live" football team for a change. I'm good with that.

14-17 isn't bad at all, our defense as a whole was good, but the secondary need to improve. The only thing that worried me was Dunta Robinson, he gave up alot of good plays, I hope he gets better, I would hate to think we saw the best of him in 2004.

I've said this elsewhere too: Sage Rosenfels failed to beat out Jay Fiedler, AJ Feeley, and Gus Frerotte for starting jobs...and all of those guys are now backups. Sage spent more time as #3 QB than he ever did at #2 in Miami for a reason. Yes, he may be better this year, but he is not a starting NFL QB.

Like it or not, Carr is our guy.

Now we can deal with the media saying we were beaten badly and the trolls from other teams saying how easily they will beat us.

Superstar said:
I am starting the chant sage for quarterback!! :redtowel:

Go ahead. Let's see if the moderators do a better job with their 'merging skills' this week.:dancing:

For the most part, the Texans did a good job tonight and I'll take this 3 point loss - under the previous regime it would have been a 30 point loss.

They played like a real NFL team...after Carr got it together...they never lost their enthusiasm...they played with heart..we didn't see that last year.

The defense is quite good and should only get better. Following that same positive thought - the offense should get better also - it won't take much...stop all of those penalties - or even half of them would help immensely.

I don't think we will win 13 games - but I think that at long last we will be a fun team to watch and we should be able to hold our own against most teams. I do believe the days of losing in the last 30 seconds or losing by a landslide are gone. I'll take 7 or 8 wins for this year and be happy.

I know generally starters hardly play the 4th game, but if I was Kubiak, I'd use that and try to get my team more accustomed to this offense and for god sakes, throw to some TEs, I'm tired of seeing the RB dump off.

The Texans gained more from this than Denver did. That is all that should really matter. I love wins, but a preseaon win against a below average team does not give the same measurement as playing an above average team like Denver is. Now we can truly see where we need to improve. This game was the closest to a regular season game and I hope the texans staff extracts all the right information from it.

Peldon said:
Now we can deal with the media saying we were beaten badly and the trolls from other teams saying how easily they will beat us.

Hmmm... "troll" threads or "only game opinon is carr sucks / sage rocks" threads.

Thanks goodness there's a Thursday game coming up so it'll be short. Get them in while you can.

Although the Texans are not about to switch QB's, Rosenfels looks very good. DC still seems to be in a rookie mode..uneasy, and still very much learning ahead. Geeeeez!

What we need to do, is get Lewis, & Anderson in with the first team.

obviously those guys we're starting are not getting open downfield....... then when we do air it out to them, they fail to catch a perfectly thrown pass..

However, Denver avgs 25 points a game....... we held them to 17...... we also gave up only 10 points to the first team on predominately short fields.

Looks like our Defense is going to keep us in a lot of games....... as long as we keep it close, and put Sage in the second half, we should do well.

I like what I saw. The defense played very well and kept us in it. The offense came around. Look, this is a new offense and it will take time for it to become good. It showed flashes tonight. I too, don't like to see all of the RB dump off passes. Not very exciting. But dang it just kept moving the chains. Then it began to open up a little deeper. When the RBs are getting 5 yrds / play on dump offs the defense has to come get 'em. Then the rest of the field opens up. What was it an 18 play drive and if Kubes had let Carr take one shot at the end zone we may have got 7. It was a frutrating ball control drive that gets the ball to playmakers and lets them use their skills. Was it overwhelming?? No, but it was effective.

I do not believe that the complete offense is "in." When you are going from a vanilla offense under Pendry/Capers to a sophisticated offense under Kubes and Sherman it is not going to happen in 3 preseason games. I do expect that by mid year the offense will be pretty good and only get better next year

Be patient people. It is night and day compared to last year. I can live with this taking a little while because I can see the whole attitude and approach has changed.

Smash_Mouth_Mario said:
Yep. It should have been tied for OT! :)

Actually if you take away the touchdown after the penalty on the successful field goal try, I think we would have won by 1 point. There were some bad things, but there were good things. We just need to get rolling sooner. We had Lundy in for a long time and things began to click again when Morency went into the game.

I was impressed in the fact that Denver scored(TD), only after a BS penalty,and a FG after an INT at our 20.The Defense looks pretty solid besides a couple of blown coverages. Our offense on the other hand needs to get off to quicker starts. Overall I would grade our effort as a B-. Not bad considering Denver was our opp. Should have won but learn from mistakes and correct them. Way to go Demeco! Gonna be a beast.

[[Gary Kubiak]] said:
Vinny and the rest of the Carr haters looked funny. Carr has more yards than Jake with fewer attempts.

Hate is too much boys, least wait till mid season. Lets Tar and feather Carr then...

Did you see that one play, where Jake fell down??

never stopped looking upfield, he got back up, and flicked the ball down field. How many yards was that play for??

That play right there probably squashed any QB controversy that might be brewing in Denver.

If Kubiak can do that with Carr......... I might (might) be happy with a JakePlummer clone.

but first, he's got to get him looking downfield.

Now that we got losing out of our systems, let's go back to winning. (Feels wierd saying that...) Denver is a legitamite Super Bowl contender and we did well keeping the game close(when Sage was in...) Altogether, it was a good night for both teams, and though we may not have won, the players now have tape to look at to see why they were unsuccessful and should work at it.

I don't like Wiegart at RT. I'd rather have Winston or move the line around to include Weary.

mexican_texan said:
Now that we got losing out of our systems, let's go back to winning. (Feels wierd saying that...) Denver is a legitamite Super Bowl contender and we did well keeping the game close(when Sage was in...) Altogether, it was a good night for both teams, and though we may not have won, the players now have tape to look at to see why they were unsuccessful and should work at it.

I don't like Wiegart at RT. I'd rather have Winston or move the line around to include Weary.
You couldn't be more right!

Why does carr always start the game like a scared child but end up playing decently? why can't he just be good? I really want to like the guy. He makes it hard sometimes.

Back